P90x

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I will be finishing up my 5th week on Wednesday...I was bad and didn't take 'Day 1' pics (I hate getting my pic taken :oops: ) But I did take pics last week.

Hope to lose some weight in the next few weeks. Having a hard time eating back all the calories I burn now. :?
    I hate having my pic taken too. I did mine myself in front of a mirror.
    After that "break" week...getting back to the weights and ab ripper kinda hurt today.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    I hate having my pic taken too. I did mine myself in front of a mirror.
    After that "break" week...getting back to the weights and ab ripper kinda hurt today.

ab ripper always kills me! I can feel my abs...I just wish I could see them! :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I did the Back and Legs DVD today...I tried to do pull-ups... :( I'm such a wuss...can't even do one pull up. :oops:

I did read an article on the BB website...Tony trained Tom Petty, Billy Idol and Bruce Springsteen.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/01 ... n-20120101
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I did the Back and Legs DVD today...I tried to do pull-ups... :( I'm such a wuss...can't even do one pull up. :oops:

I did read an article on the BB website...Tony trained Tom Petty, Billy Idol and Bruce Springsteen.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/01 ... n-20120101
    Interesting article.

Did you notice it said he lives with his girlfriend Shawna? That better not be the Shawna from the video!! She's MINE Horton!!! :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Im at the halfway point (Day 45). Doing pretty good. Definitely made a lot of progress. I start a new hockey season this week and marathon training in 2 weeks so it is going to get tricky now.

I am probably going to do a p90x hybrid/Insanity program immediately after. Ill probably stick some insanity workouts in there in place of Plyos and Kenpos. There are a bunch people made on the site. Im not too familiar with the individual Insanity workouts, so Ill need the assistance.
    Sick of Yoga. Not that I don't like it...90 minutes is a pain in the ass! :lol:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    mca47 wrote:

Try hot yoga some time - also known as Bikram. I've gotten into this and it's pretty awesome, not gonna lie. 90 minutes in 105 degree heat with humidity. And, yes, I'm a dude.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I just tried some basic yoga moves for the first time last night and it had me sweating more than a brisk 20 walk.
  • mca47 wrote:
    me too! I don't mind the first 45 minutes, but after that it's kind of meh. I'm ready to move on.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    I really like the Yoga the more I do it.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I really like the Yoga the more I do it.
    I like it, its a good workout and makes me feel good...it just seems like that hour and a half takes forever!
    Time goes by a lot faster on other ones. Granted, they are shorter...but you know what I mean...
    FUCK!

so I had to deal with a little medical issue, and now am restricted from "heavy exercise" for the next week... :x

halfway thru the freaking program... :evil:

stupid shit, I'm gonna get all soft and squishy now...all that hard work....jello will have more muscle tone than me...ARRRRGGGHHHH! :twisted:

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    RKCNDY wrote:
    FUCK!

so I had to deal with a little medical issue, and now am restricted from "heavy exercise" for the next week... :x

halfway thru the freaking program... :evil:

stupid shit, I'm gonna get all soft and squishy now...all that hard work....jello will have more muscle tone than me...ARRRRGGGHHHH! :twisted:

just fast for the week ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

just fast for the week ;)

the medication I'm taking already curbs my appetite for me... :|

- Christopher McCandless
    I'm on a 3 day business trip in two cities...gonna be hard to keep up.
    you can do it mca!

I did the back & biceps yesterday...not bad
    got partway thru Yoga today...and I'm with you mca...I am starting to get sick of it...I know I'm supposed to 'clear my mind' but it's so freaking long! halfway thru the first part, I wanna yell "NO! no more downward dog..no more runners pose!"

I just gotta get my motivation back to get in the swing of things again I guess...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    I'm tellin ya - Bikram yoga. Do it.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    The more you all talk about this the more I want to try it! I can't wait to be done with Insanity this time around so I can start P90x...it seems so much more varied!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    p90x is a much better program IMO.

However, after insanity, the Plyo and the Kenpo workouts will be a complete joke to you... so you have the ability to substitute Insanity workouts for those. There are a lot of 'hybrid' programs/schedules out there people have created.

There is also a non-Beachbody program called "Rushfit" I keep hearing good things about.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you can do it mca!

I did the back & biceps yesterday...not bad
    got partway thru Yoga today...and I'm with you mca...I am starting to get sick of it...I know I'm supposed to 'clear my mind' but it's so freaking long! halfway thru the first part, I wanna yell "NO! no more downward dog..no more runners pose!"

I just gotta get my motivation back to get in the swing of things again I guess...

I missed a plyo day on my trip. Oh well!
    Got back on schedule yesterday with back and biceps. One of the easiest workouts for sure!
    Got yoga today. Sooooo don't want to do it. The first half is pretty much the same crap over and over for 40 minutes. Around minute 20 I'm ready to quit from boredom. The second half is better but getting there is annoying! :lol:
    I have core synergistics today.
    that one is pretty cool
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    MayDay10 wrote:
    p90x is a much better program IMO.

However, after insanity, the Plyo and the Kenpo workouts will be a complete joke to you... so you have the ability to substitute Insanity workouts for those. There are a lot of 'hybrid' programs/schedules out there people have created.

There is also a non-Beachbody program called "Rushfit" I keep hearing good things about.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Did Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Ab ripper today... :D Though I think I didn't calibrate my HRM correctly, it says I only burned 330 calories, and usually I burn 700+ :?

I go back to the doctor again on Thursday to see if I have to have another procedure done. So I may be off for another week... :x this is getting really annoying. I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

A Beachbody coach is stalking me...wants me to join the challenge. Winning the money sounds nice...but I really don't want to post pics every 15 days. :|

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Did Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Ab ripper today... :D Though I think I didn't calibrate my HRM correctly, it says I only burned 330 calories, and usually I burn 700+ :?

I go back to the doctor again on Thursday to see if I have to have another procedure done. So I may be off for another week... :x this is getting really annoying. I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

A Beachbody coach is stalking me...wants me to join the challenge. Winning the money sounds nice...but I really don't want to post pics every 15 days. :|

I had Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Abs today too. A lot of f'n pushups! Not a fan. I don't mind them, but there's just one type of pushup after another. No time to rest 'em.

I hope all goes well for you RKCNDY! :)
    About to start up Yoga... :(

Sooooo don't wanna do it!
    mca47 wrote:
    About to start up Yoga... :(

Sooooo don't wanna do it!

don't remind me...I have yoga today too... :|

- Christopher McCandless
  • I'm going to be starting this in a few days. Any advice?
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    what happens after you finish these kinds of programs?

do they give you ways to stay in the best shape?
    I'm going to be starting this in a few days. Any advice?

You will hurt pretty bad the first 3-4 days. I could barely move on days 2-3 and I was in pretty good shape before (ran 5 miles a day).
    After that it gets a LOT easier. It's still tough, but the one thing I do recommend is keeping track of everything (reps, weights, diet, etc.).
    I'm almost done with month 2. I feel awesome, have a LOT more strength and flexibility and some muscles are starting to pop out now.

Just keep with it and keep pushing yourself and you'll do good. :D
    conman wrote:
    what happens after you finish these kinds of programs?

do they give you ways to stay in the best shape?

I plan to do some modified versions of the workouts. I've seen the damn workout DVDs so many times I barely even have to watch now.
    I'm also going to start training for a marathon and keep up the strength training. Pretty sure I'll come back to p90x in the near future once this is over with.

It's a good program! Highly recommended.