P90x

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    :lol:

How much have you lost?
    I'm don't know if I've lost any weight, but I def feel stronger and more flexible already. I gotta get in my yoga at some point today...
    I stuffed my bands in my carry-on. Will have to do some modified exercises in my hotel room as I won't have a pull up bar.

so far 2 lbs...at first it was 6 lbs, then I gained back 5 lbs, just in the past 2 days I lost 3.

I have been reading that people gain or pretty much stay the same the first 6-7 weeks, then once the muscle is built, the fat melts off. Some of the pics I've seen are amazing. I'll def post pics on FB.
    Guy friends say I look 'tighter/perkier'.
    Good for you!
    I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable telling my girl-friends that they look tighter or perkier. I think I'd probably go the "slimmer" or "thinner" route. Tight and perky sounds like something a creep would say! :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    Good for you!
    I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable telling my girl-friends that they look tighter or perkier. I think I'd probably go the "slimmer" or "thinner" route. Tight and perky sounds like something a creep would say! :lol:

ha! he just says whatever he wants...a fucker...but a nice guy.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    if it hasn't been said before...."this thread is worthless without pictures"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    if it hasn't been said before...."this thread is worthless without pictures"

as I said in my first post...I will NOT be posting pictures here. Nobody wants to see my muffin top that would make a Costco muffin jealous. :lol:

PHASE II
    Arms, Back & Triceps and Ab Ripper

just when I thought I saw and did all the possible push ups, this DVD brings in a whole new round of pushups. :x I can feel that tendon in my elbow twitch when I do them...it's annoying.

woo-hoo, I can do 300 out of the 320 ab crunch/moves in the 15 minute workout session.

Plyo tomorrow...I think I'm going to switch it out for the cardio DVD, or at least start taking some glucosamine supplements...saying that makes me feel old. :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Back and Biceps today...I actually enjoyed that workout today. Yoga tomorrow :think:

On a side note, I am ab-so-fucking-lutely thrilled that when I went to the store on Saturday, I picked up a pair of jeans one size smaller on a whim...and THEY FIT! *insert happy dance here*

Tonight, I pulled out some shorts that I have not been able to wear in a while (yes, women hang onto their 'skinny clothes' because 'one day they will fit again')...well those fit too. I have not worn these shorts since I was 21....21! For all you kiddies playing at home, that would be when No Code came out.

oh, and I still have weight to lose, I mean, I've only been working out for a little over a month. I still have 7½ weeks to go before I finish the program.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Back and Biceps today...I actually enjoyed that workout today. Yoga tomorrow :think:

On a side note, I am ab-so-fucking-lutely thrilled that when I went to the store on Saturday, I picked up a pair of jeans one size smaller on a whim...and THEY FIT! *insert happy dance here*

Tonight, I pulled out some shorts that I have not been able to wear in a while (yes, women hang onto their 'skinny clothes' because 'one day they will fit again')...well those fit too. I have not worn these shorts since I was 21....21! For all you kiddies playing at home, that would be when No Code came out.

oh, and I still have weight to lose, I mean, I've only been working out for a little over a month. I still have 7½ weeks to go before I finish the program.

:thumbup: :clap:
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Haven't started my p90x stuff yet since I want to ease into the harder stuff. Saying this, after 2 days Wii Fit is kicking my ass. :lol:

I did a free step which is ten minutes of stepping on and off the board, had it on the highest setting and decided to try some arm curls with a 5 pound weight while I was doing that. Must have did about 700 to 800 reps yesterday. My left forearm and bicep were stiff when I woke up this morning.

In these 2 days I've lost just over 4 pounds, not a bad start.
  • I did p90x last year and loved it. I'm doing Insanity now..and it is just that. It makes p90x's Plyometrics seem like a brisk walk!

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • RKCNDY wrote:

:clap::clap: That's awesome RKCNDY! Way to go!

I'm on week 7 and it's a good program, the pushups and pull-ups kick my ass, but I'm not really happy with the cardio options. I've done more HIIT and tabata type workouts in the past. Has anyone done TurboFire? It looks like a good program, but it's pricey and I don't want to invest in it if it's not worth it!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Yer not really selling this program to me :lol: I think it's something I'll look into doing when I've finished my 30 day (but in reality, 90 day) shred.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    RKCNDY wrote:

Congrats!!! :D
    I start week 4 today.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    good work.

I am starting the 6th week. Going pretty well, havent messed up yet. I played hockey Friday for the first time in awhile and had a huge supply of endurance.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    :thumbup: :clap::mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Day 23.
    Went for a 5 mile run before I did Core Syn for the first time. I'm pooped!
    Jon Chorba wrote:
    I did p90x last year and loved it. I'm doing Insanity now..and it is just that. It makes p90x's Plyometrics seem like a brisk walk!

:| I was gonna look into Insanity...but Plyo is one of my least favorite workouts.

Mammasan? are you reading this? what do you think of Insanity?

cbg-you may be able to torrent TurboFire...not that I am endorsing to do anything like that... :?

Kenpo for me tomorrow...I kinda like itI like it better than Plyo and Yoga. I even bought a weighted hula hoop the other day...'for funsies'...thanks a lot Leezestar313 :evil: :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Oh I've done a couple of P90's...they are tough! I got my ass kicked a few times with that! :lol:
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Jon Chorba wrote:
    I did p90x last year and loved it. I'm doing Insanity now..and it is just that. It makes p90x's Plyometrics seem like a brisk walk!

:| I was gonna look into Insanity...but Plyo is one of my least favorite workouts.

cbg-you may be able to torrent TurboFire...not that I am endorsing to do anything like that... :?

Kenpo for me tomorrow...I kinda like itI like it better than Plyo and Yoga. I even bought a weighted hula hoop the other day...'for funsies'...thanks a lot Leezestar313 :evil: :lol:

If you didn't like Plyo, you will most likely hate Insanity. Every workout so far is interval based and with lots of jumping and synergistic moves.

I loved Plyo and I love Insanity. Probably because I'm insane! :)

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
    Im a fan of Plyo. The only problem is, as I go through the program, it becomes a little too easy.

My wife loves Insanity, but yes, it is like Plyo with extra hot sauce and peppers.

A lot of people when they get done with one or the other, hybrid the 2 into one schedule.
    Did Stretch X today. It felt pretty good! I'm much more flexible than I was when I started!

Oh, and um....why isn't Shawna in more of those workouts?!?! That chick is pretty hot! More cute than hot...but still! :D

More Shawna, less Dreya! :lol:
    Agreed on Shawna. She is tops in my power rankings. That chick in the Back and Bis workout has a cuteness to her as well. Draya and Pam scare me... and Audra seems like a robot.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Agreed on Shawna. She is tops in my power rankings. That chick in the Back and Bis workout has a cuteness to her as well. Draya and Pam scare me... and Audra seems like a robot.
    Audra is kinda cute too... :oops: :D but yeah...a little robotic...but a smokin' body! :D
    is Audra the chick with a mouth full of chicklets? :?

Did arms/triceps/abs workout today...I still have a hard time with the push-ups :(

The beach body website is a little creepy, every week I get more BB coaches friending me...it is nice to see the 'results' page though...gives me motivation to keep going.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Jon Chorba wrote:

Just saw this, sorry!!

Well I haven't done P90x, so I'm not sure how they compare to each other. All I know is that in the first month the Insanity workouts (including warmup) are about 45 minutes long. And in that 45 minutes I tend to burn about 900 - 1000 calories. The 2nd month kicks it up to about 60 minute sessions. They are tough and you'll be a sweaty mess by the end of the warmup, BUT they go by quickly and within 2 weeks you feel much stronger and can tell a difference. I like that everything is done with your own body weight but it truly is the toughest workout I've ever done. There's lots of jumping, squatting, and push-ups - every day is very heavy on cardio, so if you don't like cardio, then you won't like Insanity.

I definitely want to try P90x next, it seems much more varied!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Just saw this, sorry!!

Well I haven't done P90x, so I'm not sure how they compare to each other. All I know is that in the first month the Insanity workouts (including warmup) are about 45 minutes long. And in that 45 minutes I tend to burn about 900 - 1000 calories. The 2nd month kicks it up to about 60 minute sessions. They are tough and you'll be a sweaty mess by the end of the warmup, BUT they go by quickly and within 2 weeks you feel much stronger and can tell a difference. I like that everything is done with your own body weight but it truly is the toughest workout I've ever done. There's lots of jumping, squatting, and push-ups - every day is very heavy on cardio, so if you don't like cardio, then you won't like Insanity.

I definitely want to try P90x next, it seems much more varied!

In Kenpo (kickboxing) I burn about 800-900 calories. I'll see how much I burn in Plyo tomorrow.
    I did catch Dr. Oz the other day, and Shawn T was on. He did a quick segment on Insanity...def more jumping around than my knees would let me do. :| For cardio, I'd rather swim laps or get on the elliptical. I really like the switch-up between the workouts, strength training one day, cardio the next, yoga thrown in...I can tell my flexibility is much better.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    In Kenpo (kickboxing) I burn about 800-900 calories. I'll see how much I burn in Plyo tomorrow.
    I did catch Dr. Oz the other day, and Shawn T was on. He did a quick segment on Insanity...def more jumping around than my knees would let me do. :| For cardio, I'd rather swim laps or get on the elliptical. I really like the switch-up between the workouts, strength training one day, cardio the next, yoga thrown in...I can tell my flexibility is much better.

Shaun T is quite hysterical too - at one point he's doing stretches and you have to pull your leg up to your chest and he says "Shaun T's leg won't go any higher up because my glutes are too big" :lol: At least there's some comedic relief! But it sounds like you're doing great with P90x, so stick with it! When I'm done with Insanity I'll have to try it out and will come back for tips!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    RKCNDY wrote:

Did arms/triceps/abs workout today...I still have a hard time with the push-ups :(

The beach body website is a little creepy, every week I get more BB coaches friending me...it is nice to see the 'results' page though...gives me motivation to keep going.

Maybe I got the name wrong...
    Yeah, Chicklets girl is who I meant! She sure is purdy! :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That coach thing is the one drawback there. Its some weird pyramid scheme, but easy to overcome. Im thinking of doing a 3-day Shakeology Cleanse and one of those dudes is cutting me a deal, which is cool.

The chicklets girl is on the legs/back one. There is some drawback to her I cant put my finger on. Maybe she is a bit lanky? too tan? Too Louisiana? Her face also resembles a male friend of mine which is a bit creepy.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That coach thing is the one drawback there. Its some weird pyramid scheme, but easy to overcome. Im thinking of doing a 3-day Shakeology Cleanse and one of those dudes is cutting me a deal, which is cool.

The chicklets girl is on the legs/back one. There is some drawback to her I cant put my finger on. Maybe she is a bit lanky? too tan? Too Louisiana? Her face also resembles a male friend of mine which is a bit creepy.

:lol:
    Well, until I meet your male friend to ruin her face....I'm sayin' she hot! :lol:
    Phase/month 1 done!
    Took a pic, compared...can't see a difference! Damn! :lol:
    I def feel better and I'm stronger and more flexible....so I guess that's cool! :D
    I will be finishing up my 5th week on Wednesday...I was bad and didn't take 'Day 1' pics (I hate getting my pic taken :oops: ) But I did take pics last week.

Hope to lose some weight in the next few weeks. Having a hard time eating back all the calories I burn now. :?

- Christopher McCandless