P90x

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Haven't weighed myself ...kinda afraid to...I hate disappointment, maybe today

I'd weigh just so you can have some sort of baseline...or do measurements. I get so excited when the scale moves...stupid measurements haven't changed much. I know the scale is just a liar, muscle weighs more than fat...but, I got such a motivational boost when I saw a lower weight. :lol:

Did Plyo, I still hate it.

2½ weeks left!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I got the flu on Sunday, so I'm delayed a bit.
    Pretty sure it caused me to lose weight, but not in a productive way! Haha!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668

Haven't weighed myself ...kinda afraid to...I hate disappointment, maybe today

You really should. You need to track the progress. Also take some before pictures. They serve as a reality check in a way, and you will be very happy later on that you took them. It makes your progress a lot more tangible and satisfying
    Yeah, def weigh yourself and take pics. My weight didn't change too much, but my phase 3 pic results were really nice!!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I weighed in on day 3 and gained. I pretty much cut my calories to 1600 and am trying to eat my low amount of carbs now before 2pm. I think the diet part is going to take me a while to tweak but working on it.

It didn't take 3 days for me to get to this weight and it aint gonna take a month to take it all off. I'm going in the right direction.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Ok, so I posted on here a while ago saying I was starting in a few days...well I didn't :? But I finally pulled the trigger and its coming on Friday :)
    Ok, so I posted on here a while ago saying I was starting in a few days...well I didn't :? But I finally pulled the trigger and its coming on Friday :)

We're gonna hold you to it! :x :lol:

Did Shoulders and Arms today. Why are my arms still sore from Monday?!?! I feel like I'm back at Week 1 :(
    Yoga tomorrow... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Started up my final week today. :D
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Ok, so I posted on here a while ago saying I was starting in a few days...well I didn't :? But I finally pulled the trigger and its coming on Friday :)

We're gonna hold you to it! :x :lol:

Did Shoulders and Arms today. Why are my arms still sore from Monday?!?! I feel like I'm back at Week 1 :(
    Yoga tomorrow... :|

You better!...though to be honest all the post on here scare the crap out of me! Everybody sounds like their dying :lol: :?

You better!...though to be honest all the post on here scare the crap out of me! Everybody sounds like their dying :lol: :?

it's a love/hate kinda thing... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless

I was scared too. I can do the lifting, using a band for the pull ups and modifying where I have to. Believe me, I have a long way to go to keep up with the DVDs but that's the point really.

Just try it, you have nothing to lose doing it in the privacy of your own home. It is a commitment so be prepared for that. It's 80 minutes for 3 of the workouts, 90 for yoga and an hour for the plyo, kenpo and stretch. You have to find the time and look into your nutrition plan today. Don't wait until you start on Friday.

This morning I was laying in bed thinking about my workout today. I'm really looking forward to it :D
    A love hate relationship indeed!
    Kenpo X...I'm in LOVE! :thumbup:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Kenpo X...I'm in LOVE! :thumbup:

I love Kenpo too! :D

I suffered thru Yoga, ok, not 'suffer' but today just felt so 'cushy'...way too easy, and I didn't burn a whole lot of calories. :x
    Thinking about P90x2 instead of another round...but I don't know much about 2. :?

- Christopher McCandless
    Did a 10 mile run, back and biceps and abs today! Destroyed it all! :lol: felt great! :D Only a couple days left! :) :( :?
    mca47 wrote:
    Did a 10 mile run, back and biceps and abs today! Destroyed it all! :lol: felt great! :D Only a couple days left! :) :( :?

jealous! just finished my first week, only 11 more to go! Feel good, no where near as sore as the beginning of the week. I was bored with the stretch DVD, maybe add a cardio in the future, and still do the moves in stretch but not for an hour.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

jealous! just finished my first week, only 11 more to go! Feel good, no where near as sore as the beginning of the week. I was bored with the stretch DVD, maybe add a cardio in the future, and still do the moves in stretch but not for an hour.
    I actually really like Stretch X. On my "rest" days, I would always go for a long run, then pop in Stretch X when I got back. Makes the body feel great!! It also helps with getting through Yoga.... :D
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I hit every stretch workout on my last round. Couldnt get enough. Also really learned to enjoy Yoga. The stretching is so good. I love it when I am in an upward dog and my lower back cracks a few times and settles. I also have been running a lot, so I get even more sore and crave more stretching to prevent injury.

I did day 5 of my p90x and p90x plus hybrid. Legs and Back... and Core/Abs +. Thats a weird workout. Similar to Core synergistics. Its really nice to change up the moves as I feel like I am very used to everything in the originals. There is also a broad on the p90x+ dvds that puts the ones in p90x to shame.
    happy to report I started peeing so much the last few days. I was drinking the same amount of water the whole 7 days and I have been super bummed that I had gained 2 pounds. It must have been my body holding onto the water, If I didn't look at the scale Tuesday I would never have been aware of the gain...I ended up LOSING 2 pounds this week from my start weight. Maybe the rest (stretch) helped my muscles heal and let go of the extra water?
    Whatever it is, I'm ready for week 2!
    I havent weighed myself in a while (month+). I'm officially down 8.5lbs since I started! I wasn't trying to lose weight, but that's pretty friggen sweet!!! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    I havent weighed myself in a while (month+). I'm officially down 8.5lbs since I started! I wasn't trying to lose weight, but that's pretty friggen sweet!!! :D

Thats great!

I just want to look good naked ;)

I can tell ya, I need to lose a few pounds and build up some muscle.

Getting old sucks butt.
    Kicked some serious ass in plyo today :D
    So after Legs and Back on Friday, I went downtown to see a show, went early and kicked it at a few bars for a while, then on Saturday some friends called and wanted to see some band at Silver Platters. Went to that and walked around downtown for 4 hours, came home I was tired and didn't feel like doing Kenpo. :(

Did Kenpo on Sunday (which was my rest day anyway) AFTER an hour and a half walk with the dogs. I have blisters all over my feet :(

Bleh...a full week left and then the last 'recovery' workout next week.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I did the fit test Friday and was supposed to start day 1 today, but I got an email last night from the person I bought it from say that it was fake. They gave me a full refund and told me to just throw out the one they sent me. I didn't even know it was fake! I haven't tried to use the DVDs yet. If they work should I just do it anyway?
    I looked up how to tell if one is fake and apparently some of the serving in the nutritional guide is fake. I think that is kind of weird because the DVDs were opened, but the guides were still wrapped in plastic. Any ideas on what I should do?
    I did the fit test Friday and was supposed to start day 1 today, but I got an email last night from the person I bought it from say that it was fake. They gave me a full refund and told me to just throw out the one they sent me. I didn't even know it was fake! I haven't tried to use the DVDs yet. If they work should I just do it anyway?
    I looked up how to tell if one is fake and apparently some of the serving in the nutritional guide is fake. I think that is kind of weird because the DVDs were opened, but the guides were still wrapped in plastic. Any ideas on what I should do?

I have heard the DVDs could be fake, but not about the nutrition guide. Anybody can buy a shrink wrap machine, so it would be hard to see if the guides are fake.

if you want, I can give you a run down of what the schedule is, and you can see if it matches yours. Do you plan on using the meal plan? I can go over that with you too.

At least you got your money back!

- Christopher McCandless
  • My phase 1 schedule looks like this:

Day 1 Chest & back. Ab Ripper X
    2 Plyometrics
    3 Shoulders & arms. Ab Ripper X
    4 Yoga X
    5 Legs & back. Ab Ripper X
    6 Kenpo X
    7 Rest or X stretch

Week 4
    1 Yoga X
    2 Core Synergistics
    3 Kenpo X
    4 X stretch
    5 Core Synergistics
    6 Yoga X
    7 Rest or X stretch

Does that look right? I think I am just going to generally eat better instead of following the guide to a T. Maybe if I do it again I will follow it faithfully
    Yeah, that's the schedule.

I didn't follow the meal plan...I didn't lose a bunch of weight, so it could have been part of that, I did increase my protein recently, and I can see more muscle definition, I'm not as 'soft' looking. Stupid 'belly fat' :x

- Christopher McCandless
  • Well
    RKCNDY wrote:

I didn't follow the meal plan...I didn't lose a bunch of weight, so it could have been part of that, I did increase my protein recently, and I can see more muscle definition, I'm not as 'soft' looking. Stupid 'belly fat' :x

Ahh maybe I should follow the meal plan then. I really just trying to lose that belly fat :? I guess we'll see?
    Well
    RKCNDY wrote:

Ahh maybe I should follow the meal plan then. I really just trying to lose that belly fat :? I guess we'll see?

belly fat is the last to go...I still have some juggle in other areas...personally, I just think the meal plan has way too many calories. Protein is your best friend though. lots and lots of protein, and eating enough isn't that easy either. I'm not a huge meat fan.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Well
    RKCNDY wrote:

belly fat is the last to go...I still have some juggle in other areas...personally, I just think the meal plan has way too many calories. Protein is your best friend though. lots and lots of protein, and eating enough isn't that easy either. I'm not a huge meat fan.

I thought it had a large amount of calories as well. I mean 3000 a day :o

One more question...How many servings of fat does it say for phase 1? Mine says 2, but I saw on a website that it is supposed to be 1. I am just trying to figure out whether mine is really screwed up or not.
    yeah, fats should be only 1 serving.

- Christopher McCandless