P90x

Comments

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Day 3 Disk 3 for me this morning...

Shoulders and arms... it was a good workout. However, believe it or not I am/was still sore from Day 1 and Day 2

Plyometrics is brutal!! legs are really sore today and I did a lot of the modified exercises.

Tomorrow is Yoga. not looking forward to that...AT ALL.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The first week, everyone is extremely sore.

Also, you wont like Yoga. It will be awkward, long, you wont feel that you did everything correctly. You will learn and eventually will be able to just use the audio cues and concentrate on the moves. Try not to watch the clock. Learning to appreciate or live with Yoga X is the key to finishing the program. It has actually become my favorite.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Day 3 Disk 3 for me this morning...

Shoulders and arms... it was a good workout. However, believe it or not I am/was still sore from Day 1 and Day 2

Plyometrics is brutal!! legs are really sore today and I did a lot of the modified exercises.

Tomorrow is Yoga. not looking forward to that...AT ALL.
    Yeah, those first 3-4 days were really painful! It gets better pretty quick.
    I have promised to many people to bow out...I am committed to finishing it and eating better as well.
    I have promised to many people to bow out...I am committed to finishing it and eating better as well.
    Good for you!
    You'll get to the point where you'll want to quit...or modify the schedule. I'm in the third week of the third month and there are certain workouts that I cannot stand. I battle through anyways and I can say...I'm really glad I stuck with it because I look and feel sooooo much better than 3 months ago. Considering 3 months ago I was extremely healthy...ate right and ran 3-5 miles a day...and NOW I feel better than before.
    P90x is something I would recommend to anyone.
    SWEET!! well I guess I am one the right track! did you follow the Nutrition plan as well?
    Nutrition is 95% of the puzzle.
    SWEET!! well I guess I am one the right track! did you follow the Nutrition plan as well?

I loosely followed their plan. I always eat healthy so there wasn't any change in that regard. What I did do is follow their carb to protein change advice.
    More protein initially with fewer carbs. As time goes on (as you move to phase 3), reduce the protein % and increase the carbs for more energy.
    After all workouts I drink a protein shake and take my daily supplements.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    edited April 2012
    MayDay10 wrote:

Also, you wont like Yoga. It will be awkward, long, you wont feel that you did everything correctly. You will learn and eventually will be able to just use the audio cues and concentrate on the moves. Try not to watch the clock. Learning to appreciate or live with Yoga X is the key to finishing the program. It has actually become my favorite.
    The end of the Yoga DVD could have how to make a million and I still wouldn't know. Could never finish the whole hour and a half. But it is one of my favorite ones to do. Well used to do. God damn I need to get back on P90X
    Post edited by shadowcast on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

no, 2300+ calories a day was way too much for me to eat, I drink a protein shake after every workout though. Changing my diet was really hard, I love carbs. Finally got a good diet plan going, and I'm probably going to do the program again, just to melt off the rest of the fat.

I like the last half of Yoga, the first 50 minutes can be brutal in the beginning, now that I have a hang of most of the poses, I don't mind it as much. Actually got a book called 'Anatomy of Yoga' to help me out more.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    The guidelines of their nutrition plan are excellent. The calories, like rckndy said, are jacked up. I prefer to stay in phase 1 of the plan, which is about 170g of protein, 100g of carbs, and 55g fat. Fat is good fat like avocados and almonds. You can adjust it based on how you feel. If you are running out of energy, or are losing too fast, you should bumo your calories up. You can also alter where you eat your complex carbs. Some people change it to midday, which keeps them going. You will find that you can feel the carbs when you are on this plan for awhile. Ill eat a bagel after a run and I actually feel a surplus of energy.

Black coffee is a huge helper for appetite too.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The guidelines of their nutrition plan are excellent. The calories, like rckndy said, are jacked up. I prefer to stay in phase 1 of the plan, which is about 170g of protein, 100g of carbs, and 55g fat. Fat is good fat like avocados and almonds. You can adjust it based on how you feel. If you are running out of energy, or are losing too fast, you should bumo your calories up. You can also alter where you eat your complex carbs. Some people change it to midday, which keeps them going. You will find that you can feel the carbs when you are on this plan for awhile. Ill eat a bagel after a run and I actually feel a surplus of energy.

so what do you recommend for losing fat? I can see the muscle definition under my fat, but my arms/thighs are still big because of all the extra 'padding'...I aim for 120g of protein (I want to get to 120), but how much carbs and fat? Even percentages I can work with. I have been mowing down avocados lately (like every day :oops: )

My weight loss is stalling, and I haven't lost inches in a while.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    The box showed up today, 2 days ahead of schedule. Read the books, going to watch the Bring it Video, and prob watch the first day video to see whats what. I am not getting a pull up bar, I have to get an over the door thingy for the band. If I have to I can do some pulls up at the gym. I'm sure I'll be going there to use the sauna to loosen up my sore muscles and maybe log a few miles on the treadmill.
    Tomorrow I'll do my measurements and pics, start test ( which isn't really that hard to do) and get my kitchen in order. Going to pick a few meals from my phase and level and just stick to them for the first week. Going with Whey Shakes as a snack and chocolate milk as my after workout drink.
    I'm tired just reading my post.....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    MayDay10 wrote:

Well you were right...My first Fail...I lasted a whole Half hour..just couldn't get into it. Not saying I didn't sweat, I did the short time I was doing it...It just couldn't hold my attention. I will do better next time...Promise!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    The box showed up today, 2 days ahead of schedule. Read the books, going to watch the Bring it Video, and prob watch the first day video to see whats what. I am not getting a pull up bar, I have to get an over the door thingy for the band. If I have to I can do some pulls up at the gym. I'm sure I'll be going there to use the sauna to loosen up my sore muscles and maybe log a few miles on the treadmill.
    Tomorrow I'll do my measurements and pics, start test ( which isn't really that hard to do) and get my kitchen in order. Going to pick a few meals from my phase and level and just stick to them for the first week. Going with Whey Shakes as a snack and chocolate milk as my after workout drink.
    I'm tired just reading my post.....

Dont worry so much about the meals they give. If you try to follow it, you will probably spend $400 a week in groceries. Picking out one or 2 things is fine. Those portion charts are a good way to go. Also track on myfitnesspal or livestrong.

I also dont support the idea of a carb-based post workout drink. I would recommend Nitro Tech Hardcore (which happens to taste better in water than Chocolate Milk).
    RKCNDY wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

so what do you recommend for losing fat? I can see the muscle definition under my fat, but my arms/thighs are still big because of all the extra 'padding'...I aim for 120g of protein (I want to get to 120), but how much carbs and fat? Even percentages I can work with. I have been mowing down avocados lately (like every day :oops: )

My weight loss is stalling, and I haven't lost inches in a while.

This is the best, simplest info, and it is the most effective.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... =129247741
    You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed.

then there is further information after that.

I have also noticed that if I stall out, and I bump up my calories and carbs for a day or two (within reason), then return to my protein centric diet, I will begin to drop some fat again.
    MayDAy...after re-reading the nutrition guide I did decide to go with the portion chart (right before I read your post, which would have saved me an hour of reading and thinking btw). Maybe I should take a stroll into GNC and see what cooking in there for the nitro tech?
    Look around for pricing on the supplements. I always find real good prices on Amazon.

I like it. Triple Chocolate milkshake flavor. So much better than loading up on the carb recovery drink as it will help your protein #'s. Personally, I find it impossible to get the protein high enough without protein supplements. Extra cost, but factor in the amount each serving would be in food... or what you would spend eating out if you werent dieting. Also use the up front cost as motivation to get the most out of your $.

The nutrition guide has a few good recipes. I made the barbeque sauce on there which is pretty good on chicken.

But I see people on their forums all the time starting out and in complete shock because their grocery list/bill goes through the roof and it takes them hours every day to prepare their meals.

I try to prepare things ahead of time and repeat ingredients where possible. Sunday night, I will make chicken breast for dinners, for lunch salads, and make a pesto quinoa dish for dinners, etc. Sams Club also helps buying things in bulk too.
    So...I had Yoga today and didn't want to do it. :lol:
    Decided to do Cardio X for the first time ever. What a giant waste of time that was!!! Heart rate never got over 115. Won't be doing that again!
    Happen to find a nice "cheap" pork tenderloin at the grocery today. Going to try the recipe for that on Sunday.

Going to Costco for some chicken breast, bananas, cottage cheese and string cheese :D
    FMD=Fuck My Diet

I just crunched numbers (TDEE, BMR, BMI, and Body Fat %) and I hate it all. One says I'm obese, another says I'm borderline unhealthy (not enough BF), another says I'm within range. :crazy:
    Also I finally figured out why I'm not losing weight :evil:

Played with the numbers, so I'm taking a shot in the dark, picking a number and sticking to it...increase protein, cut back on bad fat, cut back on refined carbs. Screw 'eating back calories'.

I'm gonna look for protein bar recipes...

- Christopher McCandless
    First workout in the books!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    First workout in the books!
    How'd it go for ya'?
    Pretty good. My incline push ups were a joke... :lol:
    Plyo baby....ouch! Loved it tho!

lax diet today, have two peoples houses to go to. Will do my best, but no promise not to have some chocolate on Easter ;)
    I finished up this weekend. Felt good. Actually treated myself on Easter to plenty of chocolate, mamosas, etc.

I went from 187 - 158 lbs, lost about 5 inches on my waist, and it was predominantly fat. I feel way better playing hockey and about 1:30 has been shaved off my running pace (1/2 marathon training).

I am starting a p90x and p90x + program today. I think another 90 days of this and discipline will get me to a level I have never experienced.
    Went on a 3 mile bike ride after Kenpo on Saturday. Haven't ridden a bike in years, pretty sore, but I felt great!

Yay! Dropped 2 lbs...I wouldn't mind going on a ride after my workouts, but the weather sucks in the spring here :x

let us know how you like Yoga Sprunkn!

(I did cheat on Sunday and had some mini chocolate bunnies)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

apparently I have some balance issues!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

apparently I have some balance issues!!
    :lol:
    Did Kenpo X yesterday can really feel my back muscles today...Stretch was today....ugh...feel about that the same way i feel about the yoga dvd...next time I'll be better and I'll try to do the whole dvd.

I'm going to the gym during the lunch hours this week which seems to help as well as staying under 2000 calories a day...

Haven't weighed myself ...kinda afraid to...I hate disappointment, maybe today