P90x

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Can any of these programs be done in an apartment? I think my neighbor downstairs would hate me.

I wanted to try one, but am guessing I will have to drag my ass to the gym.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I am on day 61. Pretty awesome we are 3 for 3 so far on the pj board.

Im thinking of doing p90x+ after this, but not sure. I got half marathon training which already started and baseball season in may.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Can any of these programs be done in an apartment? I think my neighbor downstairs would hate me.

I wanted to try one, but am guessing I will have to drag my ass to the gym.

Your neighbors would hate you on Plyo day...lots of jumping around. Warm-ups consist of running in place, jumping jacks, and 'jump rope'.

Most of the rest of it is weights/bands and the pull-up bar.
    conman wrote:
    what happens after you finish these kinds of programs?

do they give you ways to stay in the best shape?

yes, the book has a schedule you can follow to maintain form, workout every other day. I know a few people that just start the program all over again.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yes, the book has a schedule you can follow to maintain form, workout every other day. I know a few people that just start the program all over again.

before and after pics. yes/no? :P
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Day 48 or so here.
    RKCNDY wrote:

before and after pics. yes/no? :P

I don't want to disgust people with my muffin top...so no 'before'

If I look good enough on 'Day 90' and the muffin is gone...I'll post pics.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    hey is the pullup bar absolutely essential?

i'm thinking about doing this but don't know if i have a spot for it...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955

Nah, you can get stretch bands too. I had a hard time finding a spot for the pullup bar too. Nearly every doorway in my house is in some kind of corner.

Nah, you can get stretch bands too. I had a hard time finding a spot for the pullup bar too. Nearly every doorway in my house is in some kind of corner.

did the program work for you?
    www.myspace.com

did the program work for you?

Yeah, it's definitely legit. It's not some scheme, so for the first time ever an infomercial was beneficial. I wasn't going to buy anything though, other than the pull-up bar - had a buddy burn me his dvd's. I don't know if I could do the same for you since we had issues in the past. ;)

But, yeah, it's solid.
    But P90x or not, I highly suggest a pullup bar as it is the single best piece of workout equipment.
    Definitely some bands or dumbbells. Pull up bar.

The program is very legit though. Not sure about all that 'muscle confusion' stuff. Sounds like marketing. This is a very good rotation of workouts, and comes with a good nutrition guideline.
    Yeah, I'd say the pull up bar is pretty important but not essential. If you don't get a bar, the band excercises of the same muscles could be done....you just need an elevated spot to adhere the band to.
    I got a bar on eBay for like $20. Very solid. Also got bands on there too for cheap...not as good of an idea. Went to the sporting goods store and their quality was MUCH nicer!
    Bands or dumbells in various weights are a must.
    Before even considering doing p90x, I knew a bunch of people that did...everyone swore by it.
    After 48 days or so, I admit...it's a good program.
    I wasn't trying to lose weight, and I've lost 7 lbs and on a new belt loop! :D

Laura...aka Foxymop on here has lost like 45 pounds doing it! Hope she doesn't mind me saying that.... :oops:
  • mca47 wrote:
    I'm going to be starting this in a few days. Any advice?

You will hurt pretty bad the first 3-4 days. I could barely move on days 2-3 and I was in pretty good shape before (ran 5 miles a day).
    After that it gets a LOT easier. It's still tough, but the one thing I do recommend is keeping track of everything (reps, weights, diet, etc.).
    I'm almost done with month 2. I feel awesome, have a LOT more strength and flexibility and some muscles are starting to pop out now.

Just keep with it and keep pushing yourself and you'll do good. :D

Thanks I'm very excited! I'v been wanting to do it for a while. Now I'm finally ready to pull the trigger :D
    started my 8th week...I have yoga 2x this week :x

if stores would quit stocking those stupid skinny jeans, I may have been able to fit into the next size down.

- Christopher McCandless
    I have two yogas this week too! :evil: Week 8

My abs are looking damn good! Really shaping up! :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

facebook

:o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

facebook

:o

I don't have any muffin top pics in my FB...and nobody has any other pics of me that shows my muffin top.

- Christopher McCandless
    are the pullup bars/bands involved with all 6 daily workouts?

i really want to do this thing in my basement most days but there is literally no place for a bar or even the bands down there...all dry wall.
    www.myspace.com
    are the pullup bars/bands involved with all 6 daily workouts?

i really want to do this thing in my basement most days but there is literally no place for a bar or even the bands down there...all dry wall.
    I'd say you use them 3-4 days a week. You use the bands/weights more than the pull up bar.
    Did my core synergistics today...fuck I despise those Dreya rolls!

Prepared my calendar for Phase 3...it's so weird to see that I only have 5 weeks left, the last 8 weeks flew by so fast!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Prepared my calendar for Phase 3...it's so weird to see that I only have 5 weeks left, the last 8 weeks flew by so fast!

I thought it was cool that I caught up to you...
    I"m on the road for work the next two days so it looks like you'll pull ahead again. ;)

Yeah, Dreya rolls suck ass! I don't like anything "Dreya"...just sayin'. :lol:

I bet you anything, an Audra or Shauna roll would be much better! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I thought it was cool that I caught up to you...
    I"m on the road for work the next two days so it looks like you'll pull ahead again. ;)

Yeah, Dreya rolls suck ass! I don't like anything "Dreya"...just sayin'. :lol:

I bet you anything, an Audra or Shauna roll would be much better! :D

it's awesome we're doing the same days!

Damn...how many frequent flyer miles are you racking up? :lol:

yes! Audra or Shauna would look better rollin' around! Finally saw a pic of Debbie Siebers. I'd rather look at her than Dreya... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    Yeah, I have so many miles and free flights right now ...its ridiculous! I just hate missin p90x days due to travel!
    yay! 2lbs down!

I have been between XX4.6 to XX8.4 Lbs for the entire program-the 4 lbs is negligible...water weight/muscle gain etc. Today I weighed and was at XX2.4 ***insert happy dance***

Did my Stretch X program today...Shauna sure is one flexible girl :shock: I'm almost there...I can 'almost' touch my nose to my knees in the 2 legged hamstring stretch. I already use a yoga block.

I take 60 day pics on Sunday... :oops:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yay! 2lbs down!

I have been between XX4.6 to XX8.4 Lbs for the entire program-the 4 lbs is negligible...water weight/muscle gain etc. Today I weighed and was at XX2.4 ***insert happy dance***

Did my Stretch X program today...Shauna sure is one flexible girl :shock: I'm almost there...I can 'almost' touch my nose to my knees in the 2 legged hamstring stretch. I already use a yoga block.

I take 60 day pics on Sunday... :oops:
    Yeah, I've gotten super flexible since starting. Pretty amazing how far I've gotten!
    I'm actually looking forward to this months pics. I can def see a difference of late! :)
    I use a Yoga Block now too for the hamstring stretches. I love the improvement in flexibility and balance. Just doing every day tasks you notice. That is why I dont mind Yoga X.

I have Yoga X today. Im on day 67.
    PHASE 3

woo hoo! Last phase! only 5 weeks and I'm DONE!

Well, I will see what my results look like, I might do another round, but I realized on Saturday the brand new jeans I just bought are too big...they fit a tad snug 2 weeks ago! :x So I bought another pair the next size down, and those fit great, so a total of 4 sizes down. :D

Finished Chest and Back today, I didn't miss doing all those push-ups, but now I can do at least 10 of each one (the exception is the diamond push-ups...those still kill me) and I'm doing the full 'on your toes', all the way to the floor push-ups.

I still need to take pics...charging the camera battery now.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PHASE 3

woo hoo! Last phase! only 5 weeks and I'm DONE!

Well, I will see what my results look like, I might do another round, but I realized on Saturday the brand new jeans I just bought are too big...they fit a tad snug 2 weeks ago! :x So I bought another pair the next size down, and those fit great, so a total of 4 sizes down. :D

Finished Chest and Back today, I didn't miss doing all those push-ups, but now I can do at least 10 of each one (the exception is the diamond push-ups...those still kill me) and I'm doing the full 'on your toes', all the way to the floor push-ups.

I still need to take pics...charging the camera battery now.

I'm starting phase 3 today too. Not looking forward to the pushups. They've been hurting my wrists of late. Pretty sure if I do a full p90x workout again, I'm going to get some pushup bars.
    I also need to take my 3rd set of pics today too.
    After not doing Chest and Back for a month, that was a little rough! :shock:
    I'm pooped!