P90x

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    For those of you that get sore after weight training, I recommend taking a Glutamine supplement. You can get it at GNC or any vitamin store. They're amino acids which really help alleviate that next or second day burn!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DAY 14-REST DAY

ok, I did Stretch X today...not bad. My triceps/shoulders are a bit sore from kenpo.

Got a blender bottle so I don't have to use my blender every day. That thing is awesome! these past 2 weeks seemed to fly by so fast. I actually am excited for week 4 where I get to change up the routines.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Just got done with Day 4 - yoga.
    I sweat my ass off!!! Had to stop a few times....er, more like collapse. Days 1-3 were a cakewalk compared to that shit!
    I had to break form a lot....mostly so I could look up at the screen to see what the hell they were doing! :lol:

Gotta admit, this whole program is a lot of fun! Still sore, but now in a good way! :D
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    mca47 wrote:
    Just got done with Day 4 - yoga.
    I sweat my ass off!!! Had to stop a few times....er, more like collapse. Days 1-3 were a cakewalk compared to that shit!
    I had to break form a lot....mostly so I could look up at the screen to see what the hell they were doing! :lol:

Gotta admit, this whole program is a lot of fun! Still sore, but now in a good way! :D

I kind of hated the Yoga at first because i felt so awkward and clumsy and was always looking at the damn screen but once i did it a couple of times and didnt have to look anymore i actuallly started to enjoy it. The first 45 minutes or so are a bit tough but after that it slows down.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
    DAY 15

starting the 3rd week. the push ups are still tough for me. My pecs still get sore from the push ups. My progress on those are by far the slowest, this week, I've improved by 2-3 more than the last week.

Really not looking forward to plyometrics. I think I prefer Kenpo to plyo... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Day 5: Legs and back (w/ abs)
    Harder than I thought it would be.

Next!!
    :D
    I admit...I'm really impatient. I have not lost any more weight, and the scale keeps bouncing up and down in that 5# range that I thought I had originally lost. :evil:

Yes, I realize that I am building muscle, and muscle burns fat...but just a few ticks off my weight is such a motivational boost.

MayDay10- do you recommend eating back the calories burned during a workout? I looked at the diet plan and it has me eating some crazy amount of calories, which is mind blowing to me. So I'm following WW, not looking to bulk up...want to lose weight and get toned.

- Christopher McCandless
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The p90x plan is jacked up quite a bit.

I would suggest to take your weight, X13 and subtract 500. Try to eat those calories. The portions in phase I of the diet are good where you should get a lot of protein and really limit the carbs.

Adjust the calories based on how your weight is doing. 1-2.5 lbs a week on average lost is good. With that diet it would pretty much be all fat lost. Also, it is possible to run out of energy ("bonking") during the workouts at a calorie deficit. If this is the case, take the carbs you normally eat and reschedule them in before you work out.
    ugh...I love carbs! Potatoes, bread, pasta...love it all. Have been cutting back though.

DAY 19

I can get more reps in, and the moves are easier...but man, I'm starting to sweat so much more. :?

Since the last weigh-in/measurements on the 20th
    Weight lost: 0 :evil: (total weight lost 4lbs)
    Inches Lost: 2.5 :D (total inches lost 5.5)

I noticed that my forearms are shaping up nicely...just realized that I have no desire to look like:

annawatson%5B013012%5D_345x259_0.jpg

ok...more protein, more veggies, less carbs.

- Christopher McCandless
    Had day 8 yesterday. Went sooooo much better than the first time around. While I didn't have as much energy as I hoped I would have, I was able to do meet or beat the previous number of reps on everything. Ab Ripper is going a lot better now too.
    Oh, and my arms, shoulders, abs didn't hurt at all after yesterday too. That first two days, I could barely move...now it's no big deal. :D
    I don't have a scale, so I can't tell you how much or if anything I've lost...but I'm not really doing it for weight loss anyways. The feeling of being able to feel all these muscles is pretty awesome!
    mca47 wrote:
    Had day 8 yesterday. Went sooooo much better than the first time around. While I didn't have as much energy as I hoped I would have, I was able to do meet or beat the previous number of reps on everything. Ab Ripper is going a lot better now too.
    Oh, and my arms, shoulders, abs didn't hurt at all after yesterday too. That first two days, I could barely move...now it's no big deal. :D
    I don't have a scale, so I can't tell you how much or if anything I've lost...but I'm not really doing it for weight loss anyways. The feeling of being able to feel all these muscles is pretty awesome!

I would at the very least take some pictures.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I would at the very least take some pictures.

Yeah, I did.
    Finished week 3 :D

I'll take measurements and weigh in tomorrow. Maybe even pictures.
    Did anybody notice that guy in the Shoulders and Arms DVD kissing his biceps after each curl...I swear I caught a split second of him doing it in the background.

- Christopher McCandless
    Haha. Never notice. When I do biceps, I usually look downward.

I did notice on that video one time Dreya blantantly lies about her reps. I hate her.

Nice job with 3 weeks. Youre feeling good about yourself. Core Synergistics will break you down next week. I suggest checking out those moves before the workout.

as far as measurements and pictures, the normal frequency I see for the program is every 30 days... but there are no rules.

I have also heard that something like 80% of people stop before 30 days, but a large majority finishes once they hit that point.
    Dreya thinks she's a dude or something...I see her rolling her eyes at Tony. She'll say "I'm doing 20 reps" and I yell at the TV "yeah? I'm gonna do 21! and that's at least 5 more than you!" :lol:

So Core is harder than Plyo or Ab Ripper? :? :cry:

There is no quitting for me now, I know I'm only 1/4 of the way thru...but I want that new tattoo so bad!

- Christopher McCandless
    Core is tough. It hits everything strength-wise, and is such high tempo you have to grab your knees like Plyo. Its especially tough because you are used to the other exercises.
    Rest Day today...I have lots of housework to do today, still gonna try to get in the Stretch X DVD in. I need to switch out my workout days...somehow. Working out on both weekend days isn't working out very well.

Next week is 'Recovery Week' so Yoga tomorrow...and on Sunday, and on Wednesday.

I did check out the BeachBody forums... :x some lady is doing P90x and she checks in every day (like I am here) and she's always saying, "I went to work out and then friends came over, oh well there's tomorrow!" or "I didn't feel like working out so I didn't" "Yoga was too long, so I only did 20 minutes of it" and then she says "I lost 10 pounds!" :? It's really hard to read stuff like that and I'm working my ass off not seeing results. :|

Keep working, keep going, I can do it. I wanna look good this summer.

- Christopher McCandless
    Today will be day 11. I can tell my energy level has gone up because I'm destroying this week! :D
    Yoga today...glad I don't break form as much.

Great job mca! I can tell I'm stronger, able to do things like...pick my lab up and swing him around.

- Christopher McCandless
    I'm going to miss a couple days. Going skiing tomorrow and Sunday is my birthday and the Super Bowl. I figure skiing is a pretty good workout in itself though...
    Guess I'll really have to push it extra hard next week to make up!
    what are you going to do? You almost need 3 months away from everything to complete the program perfectly.

I think the best thing is doing the best you can this weekend with your diet, have fun... and continue where you left off next week... not necessarily "skip" workouts.

I got Core Synergistics tonight. Ugh.
    Did my Yoga on Friday, Did Core Synergenics Saturday, Did Kenpo today...yay! no plyo this week :lol:

Got a HRM...I have been severely underestimating my caloric burn for all the workouts...hopefully burning off fat will be easier now.

- Christopher McCandless
    Did day 15 yesterday (chest and back). While I was able to meet and exceed past numbers/reps, it kicked my ass! I think the birthday weekend which included a lot of drinking didn't help! :lol:
    I got Day 30 today. Plyo. Fun. Then wake up at 4AM to do Back, Biceps, and Abs, then catch a flight to Boston for the day.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I got Day 30 today. Plyo. Fun. Then wake up at 4AM to do Back, Biceps, and Abs, then catch a flight to Boston for the day.
    I got plyo today too. I normally don't mind plyo, but I tweaked my leg skiing over the weekend...might be painful!
    Did my core synergenics today. Then went to massage. My therapist said I'm working my muscles well...when I have a knot, they release easier.

Yoga tomorrow...Day 29.

- Christopher McCandless
    I have to go to Vegas for a 3 day meeting tomorrow. Looks like I'll be P90x-ing it in my hotel room.
    Must...avoid...Vegas...temptation...to gamble...and drink lots of booze...and stay healthy....

:D

Oh, and I'm sooooooo sick of the DVDs already. I'm in week 3 and I know exactly when the cheesy comments are coming. I may have to turn off all audio here pretty soon!

Stupid Tony Horton! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:

Oh, and I'm sooooooo sick of the DVDs already. I'm in week 3 and I know exactly when the cheesy comments are coming. I may have to turn off all audio here pretty soon!

:lol::lol::lol:

"and do the most beautiful downward dog ever because they're coming to shoot the cover of downward dog magazine!"

I messed up counting my days...BUT I did workout every day. Today is Rest Day for Phase I, tomorrow I start Phase II, upped my hand weights to 10 lbs. I can feel my abs thru my muffin top...can't wait till that goes away. My weight is FINALLY slowly going down. yay!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

"and do the most beautiful downward dog ever because they're coming to shoot the cover of downward dog magazine!"

I messed up counting my days...BUT I did workout every day. Today is Rest Day for Phase I, tomorrow I start Phase II, upped my hand weights to 10 lbs. I can feel my abs thru my muffin top...can't wait till that goes away. My weight is FINALLY slowly going down. yay!
    :lol:

How much have you lost?
    I'm don't know if I've lost any weight, but I def feel stronger and more flexible already. I gotta get in my yoga at some point today...
    I stuffed my bands in my carry-on. Will have to do some modified exercises in my hotel room as I won't have a pull up bar.
    mca47 wrote:
    :lol:

How much have you lost?
    I'm don't know if I've lost any weight, but I def feel stronger and more flexible already. I gotta get in my yoga at some point today...
    I stuffed my bands in my carry-on. Will have to do some modified exercises in my hotel room as I won't have a pull up bar.

so far 2 lbs...at first it was 6 lbs, then I gained back 5 lbs, just in the past 2 days I lost 3.

I have been reading that people gain or pretty much stay the same the first 6-7 weeks, then once the muscle is built, the fat melts off. Some of the pics I've seen are amazing. I'll def post pics on FB.
    Guy friends say I look 'tighter/perkier'.

- Christopher McCandless