P90x

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    Got my discs today....just waiting on my bands....then it's go-time! Hahaha

I read the nutrition book today and it forgot to mention alcohol! This could be tough! :lol:

I'm a very healthy person as it is, but I want me some booze from time to time! :D

:lol:
    according to WW, a beer is worth between 3-5 points. Not sure what your points are...I'd guess 35 (?) so you could essentially blow an entire day's worth of points in one night of drinking. Though, it looks like hard liquors are 0 points...better stick with those! ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Posts: 822
    I'm just going to stay and continue on with
    PJ20.
    Much better program and I eat what I want and drink when I want :)~
    Makes me feel wonderful and giddy inside.
    I just provide the memories in my head.
  • I got it and the pull up bar, I made it and the weights. I just want to get the diet part down. But I need to quit my vices first. Ima rip the shit outta this semi ripped body!!! Lol. Ya right.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    I was trying to post here yesterday...been stuck in the house for over a week due to snow, and somebody is driving me bonkers... :lol:

Ok, yesterday weigh in, lost 3", and 5# gone :D

The workout was much easier and I can do almost double number of push-ups...that means I can now do 10 military push-ups instead of 5.

Weights are getting a lot easier (like in heavy pants & lawnmowers) so I may need to up the weights, but then they might be too heavy for when I'm doing the flys/modified pull-ups... :? I think I have to buy a pull-up bar.

I swear Plyometrics is gonna kill me... :lol: it reminds me of 'gym workout' in high school PE...an hour of high intensity cardio. It is getting easier. Not much.

zaro or MayDay, did you notice more weight loss with a recovery drink? The whey protein is great, I know the whole 'build muscle to burn fat...blahblahblah' rule. Just want to get as much of a jump start as I can.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Im pissed. The bands I bought on eBay haven't come. Checked the tracker and it said they were sent to PA...I live in Arizona. WTF? Really annoyed! I don't want to start until everything is here. Grr!
    mca47 wrote:
    Im pissed. The bands I bought on eBay haven't come. Checked the tracker and it said they were sent to PA...I live in Arizona. WTF? Really annoyed! I don't want to start until everything is here. Grr!

damn that sucks! contact the seller, ebay/paypal will cover you-don't worry!

- Christopher McCandless
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'm going to attempt this set as soon as the muscle spasm in my shoulder blade eases up.

I want to lose some weight and actually fit into my old Pearl Jam shirts if they (or Eddie) makes it down this way.
    voidofman wrote:
    I'm going to attempt this set as soon as the muscle spasm in my shoulder blade eases up.

I want to lose some weight and actually fit into my old Pearl Jam shirts if they (or Eddie) makes it down this way.

yay! I'm gonna get as many people as I can on this train!

- Christopher McCandless
    DAY 11

Yoga is getting a tad easier, as is everything else...some poses I still cannot do, I feel great that now I can at least do 1 of each of the push-ups. :lol: In reality, I did advance much faster than I expected, previously, I couldn't do even one decline push-up, now I can get 5.

I feel and hear snaps and pops from my joints...still cannot master plough position:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqelSZsm6VPsXULd6E5Kxo1t3WQnd3k8yNbOyAtLXNFF-k0VCZrg

Diet is not easy...I live with someone who always wants fast food, and my stomach cannot shift from eating really well to eating crap. The protein shakes are keeping me full for most of the day. I also found out that I cannot workout later in the day...Friday and Saturday: I finally got out of the house (was snowed in for a week) and didn't get a chance to workout in the morning, so I waited 3 hours after a light lunch. When I worked out, I wanted to puke. Working out on an empty stomach first thing in the am=:thumbup:

- Christopher McCandless
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    RKCNDY wrote:

I feel and hear snaps and pops from my joints

A co-worker of mine just mentioned that he juices celery for his joints and says after week he feels no pain or pops & crackles :?: Don't know myself. 'Just passion' it-on'
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DAY 11

Yoga is getting a tad easier, as is everything else...some poses I still cannot do, I feel great that now I can at least do 1 of each of the push-ups. :lol: In reality, I did advance much faster than I expected, previously, I couldn't do even one decline push-up, now I can get 5.

I feel and hear snaps and pops from my joints...still cannot master plough position:

Diet is not easy...I live with someone who always wants fast food, and my stomach cannot shift from eating really well to eating crap. The protein shakes are keeping me full for most of the day. I also found out that I cannot workout later in the day...Friday and Saturday: I finally got out of the house (was snowed in for a week) and didn't get a chance to workout in the morning, so I waited 3 hours after a light lunch. When I worked out, I wanted to puke. Working out on an empty stomach first thing in the am=:thumbup:

:shock: I would love to stretch like this - I feel like all I do is exercise but never stretch out anymore.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Got my bands today.

Day 1:

Holy crap!
    :shock: :lol:

Chest and back was far more painful than Abs (which also wasn't too pleasant). Ugh, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! :D My arms and shoulder feel like jello right now! My abs feel fine, but my hips are really feelin' it!
    mca47 wrote:
    Got my bands today.

Day 1:

Holy crap!

Chest and back was far more painful than Abs (which also wasn't too pleasant). Ugh, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! :D My arms and shoulder feel like jello right now! My abs feel fine, but my hips are really feelin' it!

I can't wait for you to do plyometrics tomorrow!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Got my bands today.

Day 1:

Holy crap!

Hahaha! I don't like the sound of that!!! :lol:
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RKCNDY wrote:

I was doing this at a young age before I even knew yoga. I woke up on my 13th birthday with a severe muscle spasm in my neck that didn't allow me to move for days, missed school because of it and had to go to physio two days a week for a month, it still messes with me. My neck is always pushed forward, in high school a friend asked me. "dude, where's your neck?"
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I saw one of my sisters friends at the grocery store a few months ago and she was wearing jeans with a tucked in t-shirt and a pair of heels. I was like OMG, you look fabulous! She smiled at me and said p90x. She's 51 and looks about 30.

I am thinking of going Grok, but cheating with a bit of dairy. Probably more like 80 /20. If I start seeing results with a food change I will be more inclined to work out. My gym is so close and the classes are great. It's the motivation I lack.....

Keep going, sounds like your doing great!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hahaha! I don't like the sound of that!!! :lol:

I'm gonna check in with you tomorrow! :twisted:

- Christopher McCandless
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I saw one of my sisters friends at the grocery store a few months ago and she was wearing jeans with a tucked in t-shirt and a pair of heels. I was like OMG, you look fabulous! She smiled at me and said p90x. She's 51 and looks about 30.

I am thinking of going Grok, but cheating with a bit of dairy. Probably more like 80 /20. If I start seeing results with a food change I will be more inclined to work out. My gym is so close and the classes are great. It's the motivation I lack.....

Keep going, sounds like your doing great!

awesome! so if I work hard enough...and can look 20 years younger...I'd be Chris Hansen bait! :lol:

thanks for the motivation...still chugging away!

DAY 12

Legs and Back

Wall squats are my least favorite, and I still lose my balance on the Toe-Roll Iso Lunge.
    Still 'hate' Ab Ripper X...but I can now do a straight leg sit up. Wish I could see my abs better...that's motivation, I hear that your belly is the last place you lose fat. :|

Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark! Only 78 more days to go after that...I do think I will do Stretch X on the 'rest' day. Thursday I felt so 'lazy' for not working out, and Friday I had that 'I really don't wanna workout' voice going thru my head.

- Christopher McCandless
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Glad to see youre still going strong. Keep it up.

As far as the recovery drink goes, I do use it. The jury is still out. It tastes good and is a nice shot of Calories and carbs right after a workout. Allegedly it streamlines muscle repair and stifles soreness. I fit it in to my daily diet though as I am really trying to complete this program to the letter.... Kind of an experiment.

I really dont think it is that important to losing weight though. Its a lot of Carbs. Beachbody claims that the carbs shouldnt be counted... but I dont believe that.
    Sooooooo not looking forward to going home and doing "Day 2". I hurt. :lol:

Gonna have to down some ibuprofen...otherwise it's gonna be ugly!
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    RKCNDY wrote:
    and Friday I had that 'I really don't wanna workout' voice going thru my head.

When I hear that voice I stay away from working out because that voice ends up in my head. Then, throughout the workout i'll break form and do exercises half heatedly.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
    zarocat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    and Friday I had that 'I really don't wanna workout' voice going thru my head.

When I hear that voice I stay away from working out because that voice ends up in my head. Then, throughout the workout i'll break form and do exercises half heatedly.

If I listened to that voice I wouldn't workout...and then the next day will be, "you slacked off yesterday...wasn't that sooooo nice? :twisted: "

I have to tell it "STFU!" :lol:

today I'm glad I didn't take the day off...
    mca47 wrote:
    Sooooooo not looking forward to going home and doing "Day 2". I hurt. :lol:

Gonna have to down some ibuprofen...otherwise it's gonna be ugly!

I discovered that long hot baths were my best friend the first week...a hot tub would have been better. Right before bed. My massage therapist recommended me to use Sombra Gel. it's like icy hot but you can get 'warm' or 'cool'...a bath/heating pad after using it helps it absorb deeper.

- Christopher McCandless
    Mca, wait until you see the number plyometrics is going to do to your legs. It'll be difficult to walk. Keep pushing through it though. The pain goes away and before long the workouts will seem a lot 'easier'
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    Im happy to finally see a thread about this. Its an awesome program. Im about to start back up myself. You cant help but get results as long as you stick to it. Some days will be better than others but you will start to see results like you have never seen before. I love it.

(I probably sound like i should be in the infomercial. I have to admit, I am a bit brainwashed by Beachbody, Ive done Insanity a couple of times too).
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
    Well, that sucked! :lol:
    It wouldn't have been all that bad had it not been for my hips still hurting from the first day.

Yeah, a hot tub sounds pretty awesome! Hahaha!
    sherm wrote:
    Im happy to finally see a thread about this. Its an awesome program. Im about to start back up myself. You cant help but get results as long as you stick to it. Some days will be better than others but you will start to see results like you have never seen before. I love it.

(I probably sound like i should be in the infomercial. I have to admit, I am a bit brainwashed by Beachbody, Ive done Insanity a couple of times too).

I think beachbody is the authority in fitness. The programs are all dynamite, and the nutritional guidelines are dead on. The only issue is their supplements and shakes which are overpriced, and overhyped by them. It seems like you can get better products elsewhere cheaper. If you go to their site's message board, it is filled with tons of people who literally went from 300+ pounds to visually appealing... with just these at home programs.

I don't have any stake in them either. I have education in nutrition, physiology, and ex physiology, and I find the whole thing to be amazing.
    Probably that "2 days after a workout" thing...
    My triceps are hurtin' and my hips still are sore. Can't wait for Shoulders/Arms and abs today! :shock: :|:D
    ugh...I am SO behind today...

Had to run errands, my alarm didn't go off at 7:45am, it went off at 9am :x

LateLateLate ALL DAY. Didn't get to workout first thing in the morning, I got to sit in traffic for 90 minutes. No, I didn't 'bring it'...

5pm I finally get to workout.

DAY 13-KENPO

Not one of my favorites, I feel like whimping out after the first 30 minutes, then at 45 minutes, I start to get my energy back , but I am SO glad when it's over. :lol:

My glutes are still sore from yesterday. it makes me think about their 'Brazilian Butt Lift' video and I'm glad I'm not doing that workout.

Saw my chiro today...he loves P90x, and will lend me his chin-up bar. :thumbup: He also said that the plough position (Yoga) puts unnecessary strain on the neck (that's the position I posted a pic of) told me to not do it...also showed me how to do the standard sit-up in a way that will still work my upper abs, and not strain my neck.

Tomorrow is 'rest day', but I'll try the stretch video and see how it goes.

- Christopher McCandless
    Day 3: Sore as hell all day. Got better once I started. Shouldes and arms was super easy. Abx for the second time sucked. Gayest DVD from Tony so far. Actually, I think he might be gay right before he gawks over man-face-chick :lol: Who knows?!! Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just sayin
    youre going to hate that broad ("Dreya") by the end of it. She grates at the nerves.

And Rkcndy, do the stretch if you have an hour. It feels nice. A few moves are repeated from Yoga... but its good to do.

I got Yoga in about an hour. Not a fan, but my calf is really tight, so Im actually looking forward to this.