P90x

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Agreed Sprunkn7, I haven't completely cut out fats and sugars, they are still essential for the body but I have limited my intake a lot. I eat a lot of almonds that have fat in them but the good kind, olive oil and avocados as well. For my cards I eat sweet potatoes and whole grain pasta occasionally. On the weekends I / we usually eat where we are, wife's moms or friend's house so it's a little difficult to stay on it. but we do limit the intake still.

Lots of salads with skinless / boneless chicken, or a stir fry with brown rice. I do eat eggs too, that's a good protein.
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    voidofman wrote:
    I haven't completely cut out fats and sugars

Sugar, my definite weakness. I wake up and have coffee with a spoon full of sugar and each time I scoop it into the cup I convince myself that yes, go with it because the coffee will not taste the same. Then, I cushion the guilt with brainstorming how I am not going to have anymore added sugar to my diet for the day. This has yet to work 'added sugar'
    Disposing of sugar intake is quite difficult for me to the point of frustration.

Another big one for me is salt but I have cut salt (white death) out much more than sugar.

RE: Plyocide & Ab ripper 2: My hamstrings are preventing me from exercising after the plyocide routine from yesterday. But, I followed the routine with a 12hr night shift this past night (2 more to go *sigh*). I figure my body has yet to recover from that.

Anyway...Rock on!
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Sugar is unavoidable Put it in your coffee and lose the guilt! I love food so moderation is key. I try to be good all week then on the weekends I usually have 2 meals that I eat whatever I want. Mostly dinner on Friday and Sunday.

Keep plugging along guys, good things are happening.....

I'm have first core syn tomorrow. watching it tonight.

Just did it, Dreya rolls,,,,yea right!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Chest, Shoulder & Tri's P90X-2

I highly recommend this no matter what level you're at. It isn't difficult but I must mention that I did not use the medicine balls. I just substituted the medicine balls with a chair.

:thumbup:
    I was always pretty good at the Kenpo video but I rocked it last night! Did not miss one beat....did the other two X like jumping jacks that Tony misses on one of the breaks (he only counts eight..somehow he misses 2) and had wicked intensity. Maybe cause it's break week and not weights? I was psyched!
    P90X 2 - PAP Lower

OUCH!
    I took my pics today, day 36. holy shit, lost only four pounds the the difference in my belly is undeniable! Wow...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    rough week for me. started off really hungover, and then i had a ton of shit going on. so i moved the chest/shoulder routine back a day...didn't get plyo in. my whole routine went to shit. yada yada yada---tomorrow starts anew.
    www.myspace.com
    I did plyo this morning and I think I actually bonked! I was so tired, could not get my legs up in the guitar jumps...uuuggghhhh. I had to slow things down a little but got through it.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I did plyo this morning and I think I actually bonked! I was so tired, could not get my legs up in the guitar jumps...uuuggghhhh. I had to slow things down a little but got through it.

You getting enough calories?

I hit the wall a couple times in those three months. It was mostly on the arm/shoulder stuff. I would run every day I didn't have a cardio exercise (or legs and back). Did a ten mile run, came back stretched and had to do shoulders or something. I was at around 20 pullups and that day I could only do like 7....no energy at all and my arms were shaking! I then realized the night before I had a small dinner and not a whole lot to eat that day. Pretty sure that was it because the next day I destroyed whatever exercise I had to do.

I'm about to start up a second round here in the next week or two. It's about 100 here, and 105 is my limit on running outside. I figure another round of p90x will be ideal during these horrible summer months!
    I'm still quite impressed at how my shoulders, arms, back and abs look after the first go-round. It also gave me a lot of strength that I think will help going back into it!
    I was tracking calories for a while, then stopped because I thought I got a handle on what and how much to eat.
    I guess I fell off the wagon somewhere! Last night I went to a cookout and was trying to watch what I ate, so maybe I held back a bit too much. I can't eat right before Plyo, and just when I was about to start my stomach was growling and I wanted to get it over with, not stop, eat and then go back and do it 3 hours later.

Going to try to add some more protein this week and see how it goes.
    ok, second day into second phase and the soreness is backkkkkkkkkk.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    mca47 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I

I'm about to start up a second round here in the next week or two. It's about 100 here, and 105 is my limit on running outside. I figure another round of p90x will be ideal during these horrible summer months!

I had to stop the workouts for a few weeks. 1/2 marathon training, getting into the longer runs, plus baseball 2x a week. It was a bit too much. I was wearing out. So I am just going to finish my running event, then take a week off, then Im going to do my p90x/Insanity Hybrid.
    Now back and Biceps is my fav workout. that was flat out just fun.
    Just completed P90X - 2, total body.

'Mule Kick Burpee'
    - I did 6 during the first round and only 4 during the second round.

p.s. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Lm7O8VYzg

*This isn't me. Just an example.
    zarocat wrote:
    Just completed P90X - 2, total body.

'Mule Kick Burpee'
    - I did 6 during the first round and only 4 during the second round.

p.s. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Lm7O8VYzg

*This isn't me. Just an example.

Cute guy, hard ass move!

I only got through half my ARX tonight. Really worked hard in Back and Legs, was running behind so did my first three sets of 25 and left the fill out sheet on the counter to finish before I go to work tomorrow. It's like when I was a kid and didn't eat my dinner, it's waiting for me the next morning. :-p
    skipped my first workout yesterday. I took a rest day instead of stretch last month ( so technically not a skip) and missing Plyo yesterday has the guilt going today. I have some real soreness in my neck and left shoulder after my workout on Saturday and then doing some heavy yard work. Bugger. Hope I can do my bi and back tonight. If not maybe do some cardio instead. Very bummin about this indeed. I would rather have it heal then make it worse :roll:
    edited May 2012
    I have done some modifying to the P90X programs which I think is beneficial if you're looking to drop extra pounds and tighten the core even further, especially the 'love handles'. It works well. I've seen great results after just one week with this modification.

What you do for non cardio exercises (i.e. push-ups, squats, pull-ups, etc.): Instead of following along with the program as they're doing these exercises, you press pause, and do your maximum reps for each individual exercise.
    (During push-ups, drop to your knees to get extra reps & for pull-ups, use a chair to get extra reps. This is a good way to COMPLETE sets of 12 & 15) Once finished, press play and while the program still has to do their set, you do sit-ups/jumping jacks/run on the spot, burpees - an exercise that is a cardio exercise where you have to engage your core. Also, you practice these exercises at a 60 to 80 % capacity so you allow yourself to be in the heart rate zone where weight loss occurs. It will be different for everyone. The benefit here, besides the extra mid section targets, is recovery for your next set of strength building exercises. Personally, I don't do this for each exercise but the long term goal is to able too.

You'll have to set aside extra time, less than you expect...it's worth it.

Cheers

*On an empty stomach & you'll be amazed!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Starting again on Monday...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Ill be doing a round starting on June 3rd, after my .5 marathon.
    RKCNDY wrote:

How did you do your first round? I'm already ordering Insanity so i can do a Hybrid come July.

I had to take another rest day yesterday but I woke up today and the shoulder and neck feel just about normal, pain is gone! 2 days off and I had to talk myself out of the guilt!

Back on schedule today and adding a double Friday and Sunday.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm starting up again on Monday too!!! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you guys just doing the regular 90 day program?
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Those are a little too intense/long for me. I do DVD programs, but they are usually around 25-30 mins long (Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, SWAT). I do those 4-5 nights a week and I've been noticing results.

I don't have time to do 90 minutes a day, or whatever they amount to. I'm cool with my results taking a bit longer.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    Those are a little too intense/long for me. I do DVD programs, but they are usually around 25-30 mins long (Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, SWAT). I do those 4-5 nights a week and I've been noticing results.

I don't have time to do 90 minutes a day, or whatever they amount to. I'm cool with my results taking a bit longer.
    whatever keeps you going... diet is the most important element anyway.

as long as it isnt one of those 23 seconds/day six pack jobs, or the shake-weight.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    MayDay10 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

whatever keeps you going... diet is the most important element anyway.

as long as it isnt one of those 23 seconds/day six pack jobs, or the shake-weight.

god no.

I break a good sweat every time, so I know it's working. And I eat healthy when I am not going out with friends/etc. I allow myself to splurge a couple of times a week, and I keep myself in check as best I can the rest of the time. I also keep snacking to a minimum.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    MayDay10 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you guys just doing the regular 90 day program?

I am...I don't have the $$$ to buy another program right now, I want to spend that money on a set of weights since I already 'outgrew' my current set.

I do have P90x2, but I need some sort of converter file...it's a torrented copy

and Sprunkn, I lost about 8 pounds total, but my clothes are all big on me now...ok, my pants are all big, and I should shop in the juniors department for jeans (I'm now smaller than a size 4, and 2 is impossible to find), but refuse to since I hate skinny jeans.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

I do have P90x2, but I need some sort of converter file...

Switch

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html
    It was humid as hell last night and sweated my ass off. Air conditioners not up and running yet, so tonights kenpo is going to have some serious sweat balls flying around!
    Im dying to get started again.