P90x

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yoga DOES suck...I hated it until the last phase. I finally got the hang of the poses...and I'm pretty stoked I can hold the crane position.

karate-kid-crane-kick1.jpg

you're silly :P
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yoga DOES suck...I hated it until the last phase. I finally got the hang of the poses...and I'm pretty stoked I can hold the crane position.

karate-kid-crane-kick1.jpg

you're silly :P

:lol:

Still waiting for the before and after pics

:corn:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I only promised bicep pics so far...mca isn't as convincing as he claims. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

If I can show my ass in a kilt you can show some pics !

:D

RKCNDY wrote:

If I can show my ass in a kilt you can show some pics !

:D

:o :shock:

I hope you were still wearing the boxers in those pics... :?

- Christopher McCandless
    Depends on what time the picture was taken and where

;):lol:

Not sure Kat would like to see your up kilt pics sans boxers... :nono:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Even if I'm manscaped ?

8-)

RKCNDY wrote:

Even if I'm manscaped ?

8-)

post 'em and we'll find out! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    so i'm in my 3rd week. not following the plan verbatim (fuck yoga) but it's definitely working. lost about 12 pounds. keeping carbs down (only in morning) and cutting back on the beers has definitely helped me.

love the chest/back and arms/shoulders work outs as i'm used to lifting pretty regularly. kenpo is cool too. plyo isnt quite as hard as i thought it would be.

ab ripper fucking kills me though. that shit is tough. and yoga has become my off day. :lol: i'll just go for a long bike ride or something on those days.

one thing that has really hampered me is not having any space for a pullup bar. the bands are just okay. the grip that beach body provided didn't really hold the band that well. the band would pop out from time to time so i bought new grips at dicks and they are working well. still wish i could use a pull up bar.

i like the discipline. it's what i've needed. so far i'm more lean and seem to have quite a bit more energy. can't wait to see where i'm at in june.

yea, if I put a pull up bar in my apartment it would probably rip the door frame right off :lol: I tried the Iron Man Gym one from Modells and it just didn't sit right.

You lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks? f*cker.... I lost 3. (but congrats!)

Just for a boost I measured my waist and lost 2 inches. Pretty happy about that.

Taking advice from Mayday and following the 90 day workout. I can always continue when I'm finished and follow up with lean, doubles or p90+! Thinking of buying into the coach deal and getting Shakeology delivered. Maybe buy insanity too. I gave up my gym membership to justify some of the expense :oops:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    I have a confession...and I feel really guilty about it.

I have an addiction

to avocados

I have eaten a WHOLE avocado every day...for the last 5 days...in a row.

I did eat baby spinach, romaine, celery, and bell peppers to even it out. The salads were topped with tuna or a salmon patty.

But I still feel guilty about all the fat I had this week...

damn avocados taste so good.

- Christopher McCandless
    avocado sounds good too :D
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Started my p90x, p90x+, and Insanity Hybrid yesterday.
    Went well. Did the Chest, Back, Ab X workout. It was pretty tough to hit where I left off because I took about 10 days off... and I had played 4 hockey games in the past 3 days.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Went well. Did the Chest, Back, Ab X workout. It was pretty tough to hit where I left off because I took about 10 days off... and I had played 4 hockey games in the past 3 days.

your an animal ;)
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    MayDay10 wrote:

The Insanity Hybrid is from P90X, right?

P90X/P90X+/Hybrid: Im going to give this combination a go in the morning.

MayDay10, Do you do the three all together or throughout the day so you can take in food in-between rounds?
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
    I don't think there is an official beachbody hybrid, but on the site or on google, it is easy to find people's creations and its just a matter of choosing what you like.

You still do one workout a day. It just sprinkles insanity and p90+ in there. Tomorrow I have to do insanity max recovery instead of yoga for instance.

You could probably create or find a doubles schedule too. For me, for now im still running and getting ready for my half marathon
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I don't think there is an official beachbody hybrid, but on the site or on google, it is easy to find people's creations and its just a matter of choosing what you like.

You still do one workout a day. It just sprinkles insanity and p90+ in there. Tomorrow I have to do insanity max recovery instead of yoga for instance.

You could probably create or find a doubles schedule too. For me, for now im still running and getting ready for my half marathon

Right, it is the combination of the two, P90X & Insanity. (Hybrid: The combination of two things)
    I was thrown off there for some reason.

Anyway, yes, I have looked at some programs individuals have made. It is definitely intense.

Here is one of the first schedules that comes up:
    http://betterbodyfatloss.com/p90x-p90xp ... ity-hybrid
    I'm finally seeing the scale go down. Took about 30 days. Inches coming off tho.

I am sore today for some reason. Really sore. My lower back hurts (probably due to age :evil: and the crappy weather) in other words it isn't new, I did 16 years of gymnastics so my aches and pains in my back and knees are whats left of that pummeling.
    I was going to do my workout early morning because I have a dinner after work but I slept maybe a few hours last night and it would be useless really. Taking the day off (my first) and will add Kenpo onto my stretch schedule tomorrow.
    zarocat wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Right, it is the combination of the two, P90X & Insanity. (Hybrid: The combination of two things)

Anyway, yes, I have looked at some programs individuals have made. It is definitely intense.

Thats the precise schedule I am doing. That last phase looks crazy
    MayDay10 wrote:
    zarocat wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Thats the precise schedule I am doing. That last phase looks crazy

Hey, I just finished P90X 2 - Chest + Back + Balance. Holy shit!
    I pressed paused 4 times. I have never done so many chin-up exercises in my life. The 'lever' is great!
    For the push-ups with feet up and hands on the medicine balls ( medicine balls :shock: *I just used push-up bars), I used two cases of bottled water to elevate myself instead of the medicine balls and a chair. It worked fine.

Combining insanity together with P90X 2 will most likely be next week sometime. I'm interested to experience the day after with the routine from today. My chest, arms and back are so pumped right now with blood flow. wow!

Making a schedule with the right combinations will be tricky (I think).

Schedule: Day 7 on the last phase IS crazy!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I'm finally seeing the scale go down. Took about 30 days. Inches coming off tho.

I am sore today for some reason. Really sore. My lower back hurts (probably due to age :evil: and the crappy weather) in other words it isn't new, I did 16 years of gymnastics so my aches and pains in my back and knees are whats left of that pummeling.
    I was going to do my workout early morning because I have a dinner after work but I slept maybe a few hours last night and it would be useless really. Taking the day off (my first) and will add Kenpo onto my stretch schedule tomorrow.

Rock on!
    I havent tried X2 yet. I am going to get more mileage out of what I have and get/do X2 next winter.

I always thought it would be fun to do 90 days of picking the workouts out of a hat (between X, X+, X2, Insanity). I think I might get Asylum too.

Nice work getting (almost) to 30 days Sprnkin. Glad to see you are finding measurable results. Just tighten up and focus on getting the most you can out of every workout, and get the diet as good as possible and the results will snowball.
    Getting past 30 days seems to be a point that separates most of those who dont finish.
    I did my first Insanity workout this morning... "Max Recovery". It was set in the schedule in place of Yoga. It was a decent :47 minute replacement honestly. It was like a cross between Yoga and Core Synergistics. Wasnt all that intense, but some of the moves definitely burned.
    I think I want to do an Insanity p90 Hybrid next go around myself.

can't wait for my chocolate Shakeology to arrive. That seriously is the best "shake" I ever had. I didn't Want to like it! But damn it was soooo good! Bastards....making me spend money :fp:
    Did plyocide and Ab ripper 2. My body hurts. I'm taking a nap. :D

I wanted to mention the documentary 'Forks over Knives'
    It should be viewed by people taking protein. Watch the documentary!!!
    Some Yoga inspiration...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu ... e=youtu.be

I'm glad I stuck with it!

I'm going to start a 3x a week program for about a month and then start another round. Someone was kind enough to send me a copy of P90x2...but I can't get it to play correctly on my DVD player. :(

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Some Yoga inspiration...

I'm glad I stuck with it!

I'm going to start a 3x a week program for about a month and then start another round. Someone was kind enough to send me a copy of P90x2...but I can't get it to play correctly on my DVD player. :(

wow, thats amazing
    I'm proud to say.....It's working! Woke up today feeling strong. Put on a pair of jeans yesterday and they are noticeably too big :D
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Some Yoga inspiration...

Wow, did not expect to see DDP (former wrestler) as his yoga instructor. Good for him for believing in him.

And sorry about the dvd, as I said before, the file is compressed so it will only work on the pc, PS3 or a blu-ray player.

And as a side note, I haven't been doing the workouts for this program, but have been doing light exercises maybe once or twice a week since February and have lost 25 pounds just by changing my diet.

I've cut out most sugars and fats including potatoes, corn, bread, white rice (because they convert into sugar and get stored in the body.) I eat a small meal every 2 hours which helps with metabolism and burning fat. Oatmeal almost every morning because it binds with fat already stored and flushes it out.
    I've cut out most sugars and fats including potatoes, corn, bread, white rice (because they convert into sugar and get stored in the body.) I eat a small meal every 2 hours which helps with metabolism and burning fat. Oatmeal almost every morning because it binds with fat already stored and flushes it out.

True, but fat (moderation, lets not get crazy here) doesn't make us fat. Sugar makes us fat and anything that turns into a sugar ( example carbohydrate) is stored as fat if it's not burned as fuel. Alcohol slows the process. So what drives me crazy about the BB (even P90X) diet is it uses "low Fat" cheese and dressings mayo blah blah....bad IMO. Most low fat food is full of sugar.....sugar = bad.
    So yes, if I make a burger I'll go 90/10 if I eat a steak I cut off the excess visible fat. But skin on chicken...absolutely I eat that. Egg yolks...yup, regular Blue cheese dressing you bet.

Congrats the the weight loss, if it works for you thats great! Fat is essential for our bodies and especially our brain! And in an intense program like P90X carbs are too. If your not doing the workouts you don't need extra carbs. It's just a bitch finding the perfect maintaining weight carb balance. Drives me nuts!