P90x

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    RKCNDY wrote:

I don't want to hear it Mr. mca! :twisted: :lol:

Yes Sprunkn...it sucks big time. I'm seriously getting annoyed that as soon as I lose a few pounds, a week later I put it back on.

I got told today my butt looks smaller... :lol::D

now if only the belly would do the same
    :lol:

So when are you going to post some pics? I can be very encouraging! :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Yes Sprunkn...it sucks big time. I'm seriously getting annoyed that as soon as I lose a few pounds, a week later I put it back on.

:|

well, technically I'm not 'done' yet...and the book says to take pics a after a week's rest from the last day.
    not so sure I want to post them here...maybe on my FB (but then knowing 81, he'd steal them and post them here :x )

I'm more willing to post pics of my biceps! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    tonight was the first time I had to really push myself to do the workout. I started with maybe I'll do a double tomorrow instead and take today off. Then I went, well, I'll start and see how far I get. I can do abs tomorrow. Then before I knew it it was ab time. Ahhh, screw it I may as well do them too. And I did. But my heart was not in it. I did the work, but it's not the same as when your all Gung Ho ya know.

I think I may add a week onto phase one before my "rest" week. Just because I was so lazy with the food business.

Tried Tropical Shakeology this morning. I added OJ and a banana and I think it tasted like chalk. Blahhhhhh. .I liked Greenberry better.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    RKCNDY wrote:

well, technically I'm not 'done' yet...and the book says to take pics a after a week's rest from the last day.
    not so sure I want to post them here...maybe on my FB (but then knowing 81, he'd steal them and post them here :x )

Wait a second....your friends with 81 and not me? The hell is that all about??? :? :lol:

Let's see those guns!!!
  • Pamela0222 wrote:
    Those jump lunges DO NOT look friendly AT ALL!!!!

Your legs will hurt for days. Probably even more than a week after the first workout.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Wait a second....your friends with 81 and not me? The hell is that all about??? :? :lol:

Let's see those guns!!!

Have you sent me a FR? huh? (ok maybe you did, and I didn't accept because I don't know who you are... :? why don't people send messages with FR's?)

I'll post a pic when I'm all done... :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Great job! So awesome to read that you are done and stuck with it. Congratulations! :D
    RKCNDY wrote:

Have you sent me a FR? huh? (ok maybe you did, and I didn't accept because I don't know who you are... :? why don't people send messages with FR's?)

No, but still...

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Nobody wants to be my facebook friend.
    DS1119 wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjYT2RkGFLAZSMl4X0VUOshix8SWZxt4x5CmtkMvtCRFYGAROp3g

- Christopher McCandless
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

No, but still...

well sheesh!

send me a request...I'll be your friend :angel:

I'll be anybody's friend...as long as I know who the hell they are.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Thanks. I'm going to sit in the closet and cry now.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Thanks. I'm going to sit in the closet and cry now.

"davey's in the mush pot"

awww....where's 81? He'll keep you company in the closet! :D

(wait, is he already in time out? where is he?)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    awww....where's 81? He'll keep you company in the closet! :D

(wait, is he already in time out? where is he?)

Wow. You're right. He hasn't been around since this morning. Maybe he did get another timeout. :lol: :corn:
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited April 2012
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Week 3 and I had a Noticeable Improvement in Yoga X. That gave me a motivation boost for sure.

I got sick of eggs eating Atkins years ago, sometimes i can't even look at em.

Trying a greek yogurt today myself. Not looking forward to it because a coworker eats one everyday and it has such a strong smell that I can tell when she's eating it all the way on the other side of our office. It was only a buck so I'll give it a go.

If you can smell greek yogurt from the other side of the office, that isn't the greek yogurt you should be eating. Just saying. Plain greek yogurt doesn't have a strong smell. If the yogurt you're eating does have a strong smell, I don't believe it would be any good for you. Definitely something added to it.

That P90X yoga I did two days ago is killing me today. Had issues with my abdomen & legs all day at work. Round two tomorrow morning. :-)
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Great job, RCKNDY! Congrats!

sprunkn: that will happen from time to time. It will get harder. At some point you will doubt the progress you made and your mind will try to talk you out of your workout. Conversely, once you see noticeable progress, your mind will try to talk you into skipping a day, dropping your diet, etc. You have to push through the whole program and go into each individual day like it is a contest and challenge. Try to win every day. Bad workouts over 90 days are inevitable.

I am starting a new program Monday the 30th. p90x, p90x+, and Insanity hybrid. I have a 90 day schedule, but Im considering making it 100.
    I think I'm going to start another round either next week, or the next. I still want to run as much as I can before it gets hot here....which is coming soon! I think this program will work beautifully for a summer workout when it's 115 out here! Hahaha!
    I've been off for a week or two now and...I kinda miss it! :? :D
    MayDay10 wrote:

sprunkn: that will happen from time to time. It will get harder. At some point you will doubt the progress you made and your mind will try to talk you out of your workout. Conversely, once you see noticeable progress, your mind will try to talk you into skipping a day, dropping your diet, etc. You have to push through the whole program and go into each individual day like it is a contest and challenge. Try to win every day. Bad workouts over 90 days are inevitable.

This is great advice :D
    zarocat wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

MayDay maybe you can help me make up my mind...I was going to extend phase 1 (eating and workouts) another week. I read you can add up to 3 weeks somewhere. I can NOT do more than 5 incline or dive bomber pushups!
    I have to decide by tomorrow, I start week 4.
    zarocat wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Week 3 and I had a Noticeable Improvement in Yoga X. That gave me a motivation boost for sure.

Trying a greek yogurt today myself. Not looking forward to it because a coworker eats one everyday and it has such a strong smell that I can tell when she's eating it all the way on the other side of our office. It was only a buck so I'll give it a go.

If you can smell greek yogurt from the other side of the office, that isn't the greek yogurt you should be eating. Just saying. Plain greek yogurt doesn't have a strong smell. If the yogurt you're eating does have a strong smell, I don't believe it would be any good for you. Definitely something added to it.

That P90X yoga I did two days ago is killing me today. Had issues with my abdomen & legs all day at work. Round two tomorrow morning. :-)

I was genetically born with a very good sense of smell. Not always a good thing! She eats the yogurt everyday and I smell it everyday! It's not "bad" it's just the way it smells to me. btw, I did not take the plunge and the yogurt is still in my fridge....

Also, Coco Chanel smells like bug spray to me....a strong nasty ass bug spray. And Poison smells like a skunk. I swear, it's true!

Great job on Yoga, it will get better!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    zarocat wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I was genetically born with a very good sense of smell. Not always a good thing! She eats the yogurt everyday and I smell it everyday! It's not "bad" it's just the way it smells to me. btw, I did not take the plunge and the yogurt is still in my fridge....

Also, Coco Chanel smells like bug spray to me....a strong nasty ass bug spray. And Poison smells like a skunk. I swear, it's true!

Great job on Yoga, it will get better!

:lol: & thanks

I did chest & back this morning when I woke up. Wow, that is tough. I began to 'fail' during the second round. I had to do the diamond push-ups from my knees & no dive bombers. I skipped the weight exercises also and instead, I either jogged on the spot (high knees) or I jump roped. Debating on doing another round later today. We'll see :crazy:

I had a bowl of porridge with almonds & blueberries once I was done. Hunger pains were back within an hour. Ran out of protein. Speaking of protein, I recently watched the documentary 'Forks over Knives'. Huge eye opener. I can say that I am done with meat protein for now. Check out the documentary. A must watch (I think)

Beginning P90X again made me realize the effort everyone is putting in. Great job !!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    zarocat wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

MayDay maybe you can help me make up my mind...I was going to extend phase 1 (eating and workouts) another week. I read you can add up to 3 weeks somewhere. I can NOT do more than 5 incline or dive bomber pushups!
    I have to decide by tomorrow, I start week 4.

I try to do the Phase I nutrition throughout. The protein/carb ratio there is optimal for burning fat. I also eat less calories than they recommend. But yeah, extend Phase I as long as you want.

As far as the workouts go, I would just go with the flow and try to complete the 90 days.
    Dive Bomber push-ups are never easy. Incline, I think will come when your overall core gets stronger (which gets work during "recovery week".

You will get discouraged with the Core Synergistics workout as well as the 2 new strength workouts for weeks 5-7. They are new, move a little quicker, and the moves are a little more advanced. You are used to what you have done and are probably just getting comfortable and dont need to rely as much on the DVD. Thats a sucky part. What I tried to do before is give myself a preview ahead of the workout, so I have some kind of idea going in.

Congrats on getting this far. Someone on the beachbody site was telling me that a large percentage of people who hit 30 days complete the program. It is the biggest milestone. So you are almost to that. After 30 days too, the time seems to go a lot quicker.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    so i'm in my 3rd week. not following the plan verbatim (fuck yoga) but it's definitely working. lost about 12 pounds. keeping carbs down (only in morning) and cutting back on the beers has definitely helped me.

love the chest/back and arms/shoulders work outs as i'm used to lifting pretty regularly. kenpo is cool too. plyo isnt quite as hard as i thought it would be.

ab ripper fucking kills me though. that shit is tough. and yoga has become my off day. :lol: i'll just go for a long bike ride or something on those days.

one thing that has really hampered me is not having any space for a pullup bar. the bands are just okay. the grip that beach body provided didn't really hold the band that well. the band would pop out from time to time so i bought new grips at dicks and they are working well. still wish i could use a pull up bar.

i like the discipline. it's what i've needed. so far i'm more lean and seem to have quite a bit more energy. can't wait to see where i'm at in june.
    www.myspace.com
    (fuck yoga)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    so i'm in my 3rd week. not following the plan verbatim (fuck yoga) but it's definitely working. lost about 12 pounds. keeping carbs down (only in morning) and cutting back on the beers has definitely helped me.

love the chest/back and arms/shoulders work outs as i'm used to lifting pretty regularly. kenpo is cool too. plyo isnt quite as hard as i thought it would be.

ab ripper fucking kills me though. that shit is tough. and yoga has become my off day. :lol: i'll just go for a long bike ride or something on those days.

one thing that has really hampered me is not having any space for a pullup bar. the bands are just okay. the grip that beach body provided didn't really hold the band that well. the band would pop out from time to time so i bought new grips at dicks and they are working well. still wish i could use a pull up bar.

i like the discipline. it's what i've needed. so far i'm more lean and seem to have quite a bit more energy. can't wait to see where i'm at in june.

Nice work!!!

Yeah...fuck yoga! Hahaha!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    plus yoga's like an hour and a half. the first morning i popped it in, i only had a little over an hour before i had to leave for work. so...30 minutes later, yada yada yada...yoga was done for me. :D
    www.myspace.com
    plus yoga's like an hour and a half. the first morning i popped it in, i only had a little over an hour before i had to leave for work. so...30 minutes later, yada yada yada...yoga was done for me. :D

yoga DOES suck...I hated it until the last phase. I finally got the hang of the poses...and I'm pretty stoked I can hold the crane position.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yoga DOES suck...I hated it until the last phase. I finally got the hang of the poses...and I'm pretty stoked I can hold the crane position.

karate-kid-crane-kick1.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RKCNDY wrote:

karate-kid-crane-kick1.jpg

Sweep the leg!