P90x

Comments

• Guess mine is probably screwed up in other places too then? Oh well, It was free :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    if you want to do the nutrition part, tell me what phase you are figured out for, and I can tell you what the servings should be. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Aaaaaaaannnnd....done.
    9 lbs later, and well defined arms and abs. Awesome program!
    For the next couple/few weeks I'm going to be working hard on my running...mixed with some P90x strength training.
    I'm almost certain that in a month when it gets nasty hot out, I'll be restarting this again.

A long and quick 90 days!! :D
    Oh, and I probably would have lost 20 lbs, but I like beer too much! :lol:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    mca47 wrote:
    Oh, and I probably would have lost 20 lbs, but I like beer too much! :lol:

Congrats on your finish!

I'm trying to follow the nutrition plan, but eating what I want when I go out on the weekends.
    Still watching that as well. Like we had an appetizer plate that had wings, fried cheese and potato skins to share with three people. I ate a skin, 2 wings and a few mozz. sticks. Had a grilled chicken salad for dinner.
    I'm trying to be good, not a saint.

Still having trouble balancing my carbs and protein. I'm eating when I'm hungry and staying an average of 1600 a day. Some days less, some days a little more.

I put ground flax seeds in my whey shake yesterday and it changed the whole taste of it. yuck.

Was sweating big time in shoulders and arms last night. Upped my weights on some exercises and my arms were like jello afterwards. Had a hard time making dinner!

I found a great message board on Beachbody that is for woman and their results. Very motivating.

yoga today. Certainly can't be any worse than last week!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Depending on your weight, 1600 calories is a good spot to be at. Decrease or increase calories based on your progress and how you feel. Protein needs to be high, Carbs low. Eat clean, and everything bad out for 3 months. I didnt even drink any alcohol until I finished last week (Had PJ20 Dogfish Head to celebrate this weekend). I would go to a hockey game with friends. They would be eating burgers, pizza, and beer... I would pull a protein bar or cliff bar out of my pocket. If you go all in and commit 100%, the results can be staggering. I also think it is easier to just dive in and live by strict rules.

Congrats on finishing mca. Glad you enjoyed it. Because of these programs, I never see myself joining a gym again.
    YAY! no more Plyo!

Congrats to mca for finishing! :clap:

I still can't decide what to do...probably another round in a month or so. I will def have to be better about eating, I wasn't the best about my diet 80/20 eating clean. I don't usually drink, and a few times I had opportunities to do things I wouldn't normally do, so I indulged a bit.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Congratulations mca47!! :clap::clap:
    I want abs like Dayna Maleton

161685_100000267442244_1762197546_n.jpg

that is all.

- Christopher McCandless
    Just when I thought things were going so well, Yoga X has humbled me again :roll:
    Green Circle? Green Circle!

Paging Green Circle! You have not checked in since April 10th. we hope you are doing well and are keeping up with the workouts!

I did Yoga X today..2 more days, then the recovery week and I'M DONE! (going to a Mariners game tonight...must. resist. garlic. fries.)

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    I did Yoga X today..2 more days, then the recovery week and I'M DONE! (going to a Mariners game tonight...must. resist. garlic. fries.)

Wow I did yoga for the first time today...Oh My Gosh!! Guess you can say I wasn't relaxed! :lol: I Told the tv no a couple of times! I still tried, but...Wow

Congrats on almost finnishing :)
    well, I worked it big time in Kenpo tonight but devoured two slices of pizza and a cookie. Oh well. Tomorrow back to clean eating!
    After 2 weeks..... down 3 pounds, 2 inches off my boobs (boo), 1/2 inch off each thigh, 1.5 off hips and 1 off waist.

I'll take it!

Big breakfast today, I was starving! That means an afternoon Plyo instead of morning....

Today is a cooking day. Making meatballs, a roast beef and baking some chicken breasts. Making my salad base of green and red cabbage, carrots and cauliflower. This has been my weakness so far. the food part is HARD! The planning and the calculating is still going on.

Also tried the Green Shakeology. I don't know what people are complaining about with the taste. I mixed it with 1/2 cup of OJ and 1/2 cup of water. Added some ice and whipped it up. Tasted pretty good to me but I was expecting the worst. It did separate and I had to put it in the blender again but otherwise I liked it.
    DId not feel a huge surge of energy or anything. I drank it at about 7:30 am, had a string cheese at 10 and was not really hungry or thinking about food until 2 or so.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    After 2 weeks..... down 3 pounds, 2 inches off my boobs (boo), 1/2 inch off each thigh, 1.5 off hips and 1 off waist.

I'll take it!

Big breakfast today, I was starving! That means an afternoon Plyo instead of morning....

Today is a cooking day. Making meatballs, a roast beef and baking some chicken breasts. Making my salad base of green and red cabbage, carrots and cauliflower. This has been my weakness so far. the food part is HARD! The planning and the calculating is still going on.

Also tried the Green Shakeology. I don't know what people are complaining about with the taste. I mixed it with 1/2 cup of OJ and 1/2 cup of water. Added some ice and whipped it up. Tasted pretty good to me but I was expecting the worst. It did separate and I had to put it in the blender again but otherwise I liked it.
    DId not feel a huge surge of energy or anything. I drank it at about 7:30 am, had a string cheese at 10 and was not really hungry or thinking about food until 2 or so.

Nice work! Keep it up!
    As far as the food goes...just try to stick to a 90:10 (good:bad) ratio. I basically did the before the program, but if you want to spurge for a meal on the weekend...go for it. Don't get too crazy, but you gotta be able to have those things you love. Just be sure to bust some ass the next couple of days.

Why "boo" to the 2" off the boobs? :lol: While you probably don't want smaller boobs...Smaller boobs is better than flabby boobs...just sayin. :lol:
    Why "boo" to the 2" off the boobs? :lol: While you probably don't want smaller boobs...Smaller boobs is better than flabby boobs...just sayin. :lol:

hey, my stomach is flabby not my boobs. I will say for my age they're pretty good!
    I always lose there first so no surprise.

You and OP are done but what happened to the others? Have I been left alone????
    I was going strong on a second consecutive round, but Im taking a week off this week. I am in the middle of 1/2 marathon training and I have a 3 day hockey tournament this weekend.

So I think I am going to start over again next Monday.
  • So starting over this week and pretending last week didn't happen :lol: This time I am actaully going to try and follow the diet. How do you manage to eat the servings that you are supposed to? Any ideas for a quick lunch?
    So starting over this week and pretending last week didn't happen :lol: This time I am actaully going to try and follow the diet. How do you manage to eat the servings that you are supposed to? Any ideas for a quick lunch?

The food is hard to get right....it's a real pain in the ass. I have about 12 meals that I just switch around. It's easier that way.
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    So starting over this week and pretending last week didn't happen :lol: This time I am actaully going to try and follow the diet. How do you manage to eat the servings that you are supposed to? Any ideas for a quick lunch?

The food is hard to get right....it's a real pain in the ass. I have about 12 meals that I just switch around. It's easier that way.

I'm trying to get it right, but every meal plan I come up with protein and vegetables are not even close!
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Just finished my first attempt at Yoga X in a few years. That is not easy. I definitely didn't expect to sweat as much as I did. Took 1 and half bottles of water.
    I did it on an empty stomach. I experienced no hunger during the routine but I am hungry now.
    The abdominal poses at the end were difficult even though I have worked my stomach over the last 6 months.
    I began to take pauses between poses at about 37 minutes in. Most poses with a straight leg involved were the most difficult to hold.
    I'm planning to do it twice a week but we will see :lol: I wonder how sore i'll be tomorrow. My body is definitely telling me that I have stretched parts of it that have never been stretched!

Peace Out
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
    Any ideas for a quick lunch?

Plain Greek yogurt, with two teaspoons of olive oil, almonds or whatever you like, on half a pita
    *put veggies on it...whatever. Just no meat. The yogurt has enough protein.

Chicken breast with mustard.

A Hand full of pasta with a veggie.

Buy a small sub sandwich and when they cut the bun ask them to take out the access bread on the inside. You know, like when your mom use to do when you were a kid.. :D Make it tuna, chicken or turkey. Only mustard.

Salad with only Olive oil & vinegar (Red) as dressing.

Two apples can keep you full for a couple of hours.

Porridge is always fast. You can add whatever you like to it. Almonds, all types of berries, etc. Add a half a scoop of protein power to some, you'll be set. 5 minute meal.
  • zarocat wrote:

Plain Greek yogurt, with two teaspoons of olive oil, almonds or whatever you like, on half a pita

Buy a small sub sandwich and when they cut the bun ask them to take out the access bread on the inside. You know, like when your mom use to do when you were a kid.. :D Make it tuna, chicken or turkey. Only mustard.

Porridge is always fast. You can add whatever you like to it. Almonds, all types of berries, etc. Add a half a scoop of protein power to some, you'll be set. 5 minute meal.

Thanks! Those are some great ideas. I had the Greek Yogurt today, but with no flavor I could only eat half of it. I try out the rest pretty soon :)
    zarocat wrote:

Thanks! Those are some great ideas. I had the Greek Yogurt today, but with no flavor I could only eat half of it. I try out the rest pretty soon :)

Correction: Porridge is always fast. You can add whatever you like to it. Almonds, all types of berries, etc. Add a half a scoop of protein power to some WATER, you'll be set. 5 minute meal.

Another good one is smoked salmon. I had it today on a slice of organic bread with goat cheese. Quick & easy!
    every day for lunch I have a salad with lettuce, spinach, green pepper, red onion, tomato, fresh mozzarella, jalapenos, and tyson grilled chicken strips. I make an entire bag of the chicken strips, then throw 2.5 oz into my salad each night. Then at lunch Ill nuke the chicken for like 25 seconds.
    I have grown to dislike meat now...as in pork disgusts me the most (except for bacon for some weird reason). I can eat a hamburger and steak alright, but chicken is really starting to turn me off. I've been trying to eat more greek yogurt (I even mix in a scoop of protein powder-50g of protein in one serving!) with berries and cinnamon. I've been eating lots of salmon and tuna lately. Since I've upped my protein, I've put on a few more pounds... :evil:

Did my Core Syner today-I still hate Dreya rolls. 4 more days!

- Christopher McCandless
    Week 3 and I had a Noticeable Improvement in Yoga X. That gave me a motivation boost for sure.

I got sick of eggs eating Atkins years ago, sometimes i can't even look at em.

Trying a greek yogurt today myself. Not looking forward to it because a coworker eats one everyday and it has such a strong smell that I can tell when she's eating it all the way on the other side of our office. It was only a buck so I'll give it a go.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I have grown to dislike meat now...as in pork disgusts me the most (except for bacon for some weird reason). I can eat a hamburger and steak alright, but chicken is really starting to turn me off. I've been trying to eat more greek yogurt (I even mix in a scoop of protein powder-50g of protein in one serving!) with berries and cinnamon. I've been eating lots of salmon and tuna lately. Since I've upped my protein, I've put on a few more pounds... :evil:

You put on weight at the end of the program? mmm. Man being a woman can seriously suck. Men just drop weight like rocks. Bugger.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You put on weight at the end of the program? mmm. Man being a woman can seriously suck. Men just drop weight like rocks. Bugger.
    In the first two months I may have lost a total of two lbs total. The third month I lost 6-7. Again, I wasn't trying to lose weight...I just think that once that muscle was created not only was it initially added weight, but then as I began to use it, my metabolism shot up causing the weight loss. Pretty normal for working out, but cool to see it happen to me! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

In the first two months I may have lost a total of two lbs total. The third month I lost 6-7. Again, I wasn't trying to lose weight...I just think that once that muscle was created not only was it initially added weight, but then as I began to use it, my metabolism shot up causing the weight loss. Pretty normal for working out, but cool to see it happen to me! :D

I don't want to hear it Mr. mca! :twisted: :lol:

Yes Sprunkn...it sucks big time. I'm seriously getting annoyed that as soon as I lose a few pounds, a week later I put it back on.

I got told today my butt looks smaller... :lol::D

now if only the belly would do the same

- Christopher McCandless