Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    My 4th PJ gig. This just seemed the happiest. Indifference with the lights up at the end with everyone swaying, waving and singing was really moving. I was pleased to see lots of songs for the first time. The only song I really missed was black. I can never tire of hearing that song.

I was hanging around near the back, but this was the first time I could actually see the band pretty well. The wembley floor seemed less packed out than 2000 - maybe you were all packed into the front!

My friend who is a distinctly unconverted fan really enjoyed it too. He loved SOLAT, Comatose and rocking in the Free world. Where we were, we both thought the sound was really good and full throughout.

I was more emotional at Dublin, but more lifted tonight - there was a great atmosphere in the crowd and a sense of occasion from the band.

My high point had to be faithfull, but there was a great run of songs early on.

ECHOES! We all believe it!
    2000 May 29&30 London
    2006 August 23 Dublin
    2007 June 18 London
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    lucky fuckin pricks- that setlists looks gold

:D
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    nevermind...
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,026
    i thought it was a great set list .
    highlights- faithful <waited years to hear this,worth every second of heaven>
    no more war,low light
    many more

low lights-my prick of a brother getting kicked out for going over the barrier and me missing SOLAT and present tense
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    eoboeobo Posts: 102
    i'm not saying it was a bad show on any accounts. the band were on fire completely and every song was played perfectly but the sound in the arena really stopped it from being their best in my opinion. good to see a more club orientated setlist though, i just wouldn't want to be the casual fan at that gig.

couldn't get a poster either, rage, so if anyone has any spare hit me up = ) *goes to trade thread*
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • Options
    askiaski Posts: 26
    definitely the best set list of the tour so far.
    I want people to stay still for a while and let something they have no power over wash over them, gladly, and be a little better for it. - Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    smile75 wrote:
    left after rockin in the free world cos my brother was a moaning c--t

:D Sounds like you have the same sort of relationship with your brother that I have with mine.
  • Options
    Just woken up, im f&*ked if I can hear a thing! PJ show number 4 for me and the best by a country mile!

Up front McCready side, sound was a bit muffled throughout but that did'nt spoil anything for me. The atmosphere was amazing! Met up with some legends in the ten club que, who by the way if your reading this im Mr O'Leary!!! Ha!

Great setlist, great night and will live long in the memory. Lets hope this aint the last time we see them in the UK!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    zeppelinzeppelin Posts: 121
    WOW what a night Crazy Mary & Indifference did it for me cant wait for the boot
    For threatening my baby
    Unborn and unamed
    You aint worth the blood
    That runs through your veins
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    fucking out of this world,

They were on fire, McCready was just tremendous, Vedder was having the time of his life, .... They were all fucking excellent,

Thank you and come back soon.....
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    i thought it was a great set list .
    highlights- faithful <waited years to hear this,worth every second of heaven>
    no more war,low light
    many more

low lights-my prick of a brother getting kicked out for going over the barrier and me missing SOLAT and present tense

Eeekk - I found out laters man...

SOLAT rocked HARD dude!
  • Options
    smunachensmunachen Posts: 19
    I've been to a few good PJ shows in the past few years - Astoria and Pistoia - to name but 2 - but this set was out of control!

The best set list ever - hands down - bar none.

Highlight - Faithfull - "we're faithfull, we all believe" - hands in the air - the 10C showing their love!

The pit was awesome - all fan club - which meant everyone loved the band and there was no silly shit - no-one was taking the piss and instead just loving every song.

Awesome night - I am fucking tired today.

Bring on the Pumpkins tonight!
    Perth 95, Perth 98, Perth 03, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Torino 06, Pistoia 06, Wembley 07

http://iminhiding.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Still no words to articulate that experience.

The next morning, my ears are ringing so bloody loud.

I actually never had an opinion on Boom until last night. His presence really helped loads of those songs: Marker, Crazy Mary, Low Light, Immortality, just loads of them.

I've never felt we needed him for the earlier 'grunge' songs, but then to be honest, last night at Wembley Pearl Jam weren't a 'grunge' band. They were themselves. I love the bravery of this band.

My Dad had lukewarm feelings about it, unfortunately. He's a casual fan, and I can definitely mirror other comments that this was NOT a great first gig for a casual fan.

I could have done with 'Parachutes' being replaced with Corduroy though, to be honest.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    ... 5th show for me now and I believe it was the best.

I was about 5 rows back in the pit and as SOON as you heard the sound of all those people singing Long Road word for word you knew it was going to be a special night.

Then when Severed Hand kicked in the whole place erupted. Normally, I have always been a little pissed at moshing. But tonight I really enjoyed it! I could see the band and still have a great time jumping around! It was awesome. It was rough dont get me wrong - but at the same time it was happy rough. People were just jumping around and having a god time to music they love as opposed to idiotic teenagers moshing around for the sake of moshing!

As far as the band was concerned they really nailed it tonight. You could tell Eddie was loving every minute. REAL energy coming from them all but especially him. He would often change key from the traditional delivery of the songs and take them to new places. In fact - his voice was incredible tonight right up until the end when it started to break during Indifference. Another sign that he really pulled out all the stops to deliver in front of this crowd.

Highlights for me were Present Tense (a really awesome pumped version) SOLAT (I was starting to flag at this stage then pow! they dropped this and it brought the group of us right back up!) Faithful was amazing (first time for me) and I Got Shit! But Immortality was a show stealer ;-)

Great encores too- the quality of Eddies voice tonight really came through on some of the slower numbers. Ahhhhhhh great great night!! Too much goodness to talk about!

I was with my friend who is a bit of a 'new' fan. He didnt know half the songs played tonight but he had a great time! He was rocking out with the best of them!

Anyways - Rob, Karl, Emma, Chris (silly boy tut tut) Simon, the Southampton couple I always forget the names of, my sister Charlotte and of course, my very very good friend Patrick 'Trousers Pencil Cock' Smith - thanks for a wicked day in the line and at the gig!
  • Options
    OHMYGOD.. 5th show.. and tonight still blew me away totally...
    Eddies voice never falters.. Was amazing, now sitting at my desk at work..impossible to do anything!

Thought the 'different' choice of songs was a bold move, but a good one.. SOLAT & Crazy Mary did it for me..

Hope the boys keep on rocking for many more years to come...
    Wembley '96 - Wembley '00 - Astoria '06 Antwerp '06 - Wembley '07
    How I choose to feel... Is how I am....
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Wow! Glad we aren't speaking to each other as my ears are ringing. Like others on this thread my 2nd show after Reading last year. Definitely a fan show. The setlist was awesome. Couldn't believe no Evenflow, Corduroy, Small Town, Daughter, Black but fine with me. Couldn't believe they played my choice of opener and finisher and Faithful.

The boys seemed to be enjoying every moment and I thought the crowd were excellent, loud, moving but not behaving like arseholes.

Only downside was the acoustics were shite and perhaps it was too loud. During Long Road there was a lot of distortion and I thought if it's like this for a quieter song what's it going to be like when they get rocking. I think I just started going deaf and that helped.

A memorable show, Sitting outside in the sun before and then being treated to that.

Come back soon, we are already missing you!

I just wish my ears would stop whistling.
  • Options
    spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Amazing show, probably the best I've seen so far. Didn't fancy a 6 hour queue to get to the front, so was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get to a decent spot before Idlewild started, where we pretty much stayed throughout.

Got some decent pictures, up here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoodwin/

Ears still ringing, and the 3 hour drive back to Manchester wasn't fun, but totally worth it.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    I was standing, right of the middle about 3 or 4 rows down. Great stuff.

It was as if PJ was picking up my brainwaves, they played a LOT of my favourite songs.

Crowd vibe was good where I was standing. Of course, standing off center you're always going to lose some sound, but I didn't mind. I was seeing and hearing PJ man! Woohoo!!! Still on cloud 9.

:D

EDIT: Just read some other comments. It was loud, wasn't it :) First couple of songs it literally made my hair and t-shirt MOVE. I'm sure I lost some hearing there! Oh well ;)
    edwho wrote:
    Set: Long Road, Severed Hand, Grievance, Comatose, Given To Fly, Low Light, I Got Shit, Faithfull, Green Disease, Marker In The Sand, Immortality, Down, Present Tense, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go, Save You, Porch

1st Encore: Inside Job, Parachutes, Crazy Mary, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd Encore: No More, Bu$hleaguer World Wide Suicide, Rockin' In The Free World, Indifference

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

Early set list thanks to “twolegsyield”
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    My 4th PJ gig. This just seemed the happiest. Indifference with the lights up at the end with everyone swaying, waving and singing was really moving. I was pleased to see lots of songs for the first time. The only song I really missed was black. I can never tire of hearing that song.

I was hanging around near the back, but this was the first time I could actually see the band pretty well. The wembley floor seemed less packed out than 2000 - maybe you were all packed into the front!

ECHOES! We all believe it!

we spoke to PJ security while in the line up and they said between 2900 and 3100 on the floor
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    my second gig as well, the first being reading. i have to admit, i was slightly disappointed, and enjoyed reading a lot more - though i probably didn't enjoy last night so much purely because i was sitting in stalls, quite far back, i had to squint to see anything. and it's quite enfuriating to be sitting around a load of people who don't so much as bat an eyelid during the entire show, apart from when alive comes on.

good set though, i must admit. i would have preferred baba rather than neil young as the penultimate, but still, i'm not complaining really!
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    a very special tour indeed. basicaly it was just a second regular gig yesterday together with Munich. Both in the same temper and set up - energy, loud and special songs ...

Love this band!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    EDIT: Just read some other comments. It was loud, wasn't it :) First couple of songs it literally made my hair and t-shirt MOVE. I'm sure I lost some hearing there! Oh well ;)

I could feel the base thumping through my heart during Long Road. I thought this is it I'm going to die with a smile on my face! :)
  • Options
    I am deeply worried about my ears. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    nuffingman wrote:
    I could feel the base thumping through my heart during Long Road. I thought this is it I'm going to die with a smile on my face! :)

Hehehe, I know what you mean! I thought they were taking over my bodily functions for a minute! :)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238
    Well i'm fucked!!!! Finally got back to Plymouth at around 5am,tired,ear's ringing,my calfs were aching and had a stomach ache. Honest i felt like i climbed MT Everest but my god was that worth it. Me and a mate got up to Wembley in good time,getting our Ten Club tickets was easy,then it was time to hit some of the bars and meet up with some friends. It was great going into some of the pubs around Wembley and hearing Pearl Jam songs blasting out,really made me more excited.Everyone we met was fanastic,bumped into some guys from Colorado,USA who seem like having good fun,got talking to an Irish lad who came over with his girlfriend without a ticket but said he would do anything to get one (i hope he was there). All around Wembley was a good vibe. The gig itself was unbelievable,i felt like i won the lottery with my Ten Club wristband on,felt so privileged to have been there. The guys was loving it,i don't think i,ve ever seen Jeff Ament so happy,he had an absolute blast,the crowd were brilliant,and it was nice to see no knobs in the crowd intending to ruin the night. I was a tad disappointed not to hear a Evenflow,Black,go or Animal but that was basically for my mate who's first time it was seeing the boys but he loved it and wasn't disappointed one bit.
    I can't believe i didn't get one of Mike's Plectrums,loads of them landed in front of me but once again i was too slow (or i didn't want to rip someone's head off) getting one,and i nearly got one of Matts drumsticks but has it went on the floor i bloody stood on it and before i could react 50 people were around my legs fighting for it!!!
    But overall it was a awesome night and now i'm gonna be depressed until they come back.
    Before i forget it was a great speech by Eddie about the roadie from Cornwall (i live on the border) Mike Mccready if you're reading this i was shouting "your the man Mike" (i think i said that) and did anyone see a little fight kick off in the crowd??? God knows what that was about. Anyway i'm off to have a bath then hopefully back to bed.:):):):):)
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    London_Jam wrote:
    ... 5th show for me now and I believe it was the best.

I was about 5 rows back in the pit and as SOON as you heard the sound of all those people singing Long Road word for word you knew it was going to be a special night.

Then when Severed Hand kicked in the whole place erupted. Normally, I have always been a little pissed at moshing. But tonight I really enjoyed it! I could see the band and still have a great time jumping around! It was awesome. It was rough dont get me wrong - but at the same time it was happy rough. People were just jumping around and having a god time to music they love as opposed to idiotic teenagers moshing around for the sake of moshing!

As far as the band was concerned they really nailed it tonight. You could tell Eddie was loving every minute. REAL energy coming from them all but especially him. He would often change key from the traditional delivery of the songs and take them to new places. In fact - his voice was incredible tonight right up until the end when it started to break during Indifference. Another sign that he really pulled out all the stops to deliver in front of this crowd.

Highlights for me were Present Tense (a really awesome pumped version) SOLAT (I was starting to flag at this stage then pow! they dropped this and it brought the group of us right back up!) Faithful was amazing (first time for me) and I Got Shit! But Immortality was a show stealer ;-)

Great encores too- the quality of Eddies voice tonight really came through on some of the slower numbers. Ahhhhhhh great great night!! Too much goodness to talk about!

I was with my friend who is a bit of a 'new' fan. He didnt know half the songs played tonight but he had a great time! He was rocking out with the best of them!

Anyways - Rob, Karl, Emma, Chris (silly boy tut tut) Simon, the Southampton couple I always forget the names of, my sister Charlotte and of course, my very very good friend Patrick 'Trousers Pencil Cock' Smith - thanks for a wicked day in the line and at the gig!

Hey buddy, what a night! we were Mike's side right up front couple of rows back. Totally agree with the rough bit in your thread, it was a comfortable rough??!!! eddie came right up infront of us during Porch solo, amazing! and i was one hand away from Matt's drumstick at the end! My mate Tim got loads of pics, think he is uploading them to face book but I will post a link anyway.

Question is do I change my screen name to Kermit O'Leary!!! Ha ha!! Thanks for the company in the que buddy! hope to see ya again!

• Options
    I am deeply worried about my ears. :D

Me too!!!! Although im sure i can still hear eddie singing........ how much difference doesssss it maaaakee!!!

• Options
    Rob1971Rob1971 Posts: 5
    Amazing set list. They played Faithful, I Got Shit and Long Road! Loved the fact that they checked down to more obscure songs rather than a Greatest Hits.

The only down side was the sound quality on the harder tracks, which just seemed to mush things into a bit of a mess at times. I couldn't tell what State Of Love and Trust was until Eddie started singing, same for Given To Fly.

Maybe it was just my position - just to the right of the stage in the stalls.

Great gig though.
  • Options
    great fuckin show, amazing fan club floor made the show even better. There was a crazy italian guy sweating more than anything ive ever seen all over me, but still the best show ive ever been to. Great setlist and by far the best show of the tour. Now play MSG you pussys
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • Options
    ...wow, what a night!

Haven't read all the posts as I think everyone who was there has written in! I'd be here all day reading other peoples experience....

What a great gig!!

I haven't felt this good for a long time, sang (or screamed!) my lungs out and enjoyed every second! Immortality is one of my personal favourites so was happy to end the show on that...

I wish now that I'd booked one of the europe gigs and really want some photos as my camera and shakey hand efforts were useless! Does anyone have any close(ish) pics from last night they could put on line or email?... i won't want to forget about that night in a hurry so some decent pics will help ease the pain of the uncertainty surrounding when I'll see th guys do a gig like that again!

Also, good words on the war from Eddie last night... and sorry about the guy who "No war" was dedicated to by him last night... felt sad which combined with the great feelings of the night made it an emotional rollercoaster ride that was unforgettable!

Evervedder.