Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    alexross42 wrote:
    Faithfull. Present Tense. Immortality. Long Road. Porch. I Got Shit. Inside Job. State. Low Light - such an awesome selection of songs!
    Amazing energy from both the band and the crowd, making friends with my neighbours as we sang ourselves hoarse to songs we couldn't believe they were playing. Going with a great group of friends both new and old and being nearly speechless afterwards.
    It couldn't have been any better - and I didn't notice much wrong with the sound either, except for the extreme volume!!
    do you know pete?
  • Options
    Amsterdam, 06-nov-1996/Hartford, 13-sep-1998/Paris, 8-jun-2000/Milan, 22-jun-2000/Mansfield, 29-aug-2000/Phoenix, 21-oct-2000/Las Vegas, 22-oct-2000/Mansfield, 11-jul-2003/Arnhem, 29-aug-2006/Paris, 11-sep-2006/Verona, 16-sep-2006/Wembley, 18-jun-2007/Hartford, 27-jun-2008/Mansfield I, 28-jun-2008/Rotterdam, 13-Aug-2009/Nijmegen, 27-jun-2010/Amsterdam, 26-jun-2012/Amsterdam, 16-jun-2014.
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:
    Oh, and I loved it when Jeff laughed his head off when Eddie forgot the second line of Indifference. Would've made a great picture :D
    I think he laughed (probably) because exact the same thing happend in Katowice.
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Sadly not, that was my only gig of the tour :(

Next time we must meet definitely :)

Yes, definitely!

See you in 2008 :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    do you know pete?

Haha Pete is quite famous these days! :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd....

photos.

http://jeffs-odyssey.livejournal.com/89493.html

Thanks for the pics ... amazing as always :D

Spotted you after we got in we were 2nd row Mike's side :) Definitely a different experience to the one we had in Katowice.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    After years of waiting I finally got to see my first show....and I wasn't disappointed!

I was a few rows from the front of block C4, and thought that the sound was generally very good (although a little loud which distorted / smothered some of the more intricate guitarwork). My particular highlight was "Long road" which was an awesome introduction to live PJ!

My only disappointments were that there was no Yellow Ledbetter (one of my favourites), and that the missus was pee'd off that we had seats but everyone stood up which meant she couldn't see too well....!! Oh well!

Does anyone know where you can get the 2007 tour t-shirts from? I didn't get a chance to buy them beforehand, and afterwards all the shops were shut :-(
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i won £5 guessing the opening song... fantastic!!!

show was good as well :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Amazing, absolutely amazing. Definately worth nearly getting crushed!!!! Just didn't want it to end. Awesome night!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    Stef83Stef83 Posts: 15
    Alive 79 wrote:
    [quote="Stef83Then my only problem was this woman who kept jumping on my foot! But I didn't care too much as long as my girlfriend was okay!!
    quote"]

Hope that wasn't me jumping on your foot!
    [/quote]

Do you wear glasses and have a tall, ginger boyfriend??
    It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd....

photos.

http://jeffs-odyssey.livejournal.com/89493.html

Awesome photos!! Nice memories of an amazing night.
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Well, I don't have time to read all 13 pages. It's late and I just got home from a long day in a different country.

I am so happy I went to this show. It was my 8th in a little less than two years, and it's very close to the top. First of all, I am really surprised that people say the acoustics at Wembley sucked. They were damn near perfect, I would say. In fact, I would place Wembley second among the venues I have seen them at (The first being the Arena in Verona :p). Definitely better than Grand Rapids, Cleveland, and possibly London and Hamilton in Canada. A million times better than Cincinnati for sure. I can't comment on the loudness, I'm afraid I lost much of my hearing a couple of weeks ago at a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club show :).

I also thought that the pushing up front was not too bad. Definitely not as bad as Milan (but I still found my way back during Severed Hand).

I could not believe the setlist... In my eight show and I got to hear 5 new songs. Among them, my all time wish... I got shit. Low light was wonderful too, with Ed commenting that Jeff wrote that one for his lady, "who is here tonight" :) (I was hoping to meet Jeff today at a skateboard park on the South Band of the Thames, but he musta been with the lady ;))

Having said this, I got shit was not the highlight of the night for me. I thought the Immortality I had heard in Cleveland could not be topped (fine, Benaroya, but I wasn't there, so it don't count), but yesterday's was just breathtaking. I'll post a video at some point. Just the whole setlist was perfect... a few things a very interactive Ed said:

- something like "we played Austria a couple of days ago and it was shit (I'm sure he was referring to it being a festival). We could not wait to be in a room like this with people like you"

- At one point he intruduced us to a friend named Pete (to which I comment "OMG... they are doing something with Townsend"). Turns out he's a guy from the crew who is from Cornwall and he always gets shit for being from Cornwall, and finally he can celebrate that.

- Something about taking the keys from the hands of drunken leaders. The whole show was very political and I loved it. I never thought I would enjoy Bushleaguer live this much...

- He thanked Idlewild (they were fantastic, by the way) and then thanked us for "putting up with his voice for all these years". Funny guy.

So thank you guys for another fantastic show, positively worth the solo trip, and for the opportunity to go back to London after 20 years :). And for having met really cool people, as usual.

Now I'm gonna have to plan a trip to Copenhagen since you didn't play LROM though...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Great night!!!

Loved it! Idlewild are my 2nd favourite band so was a dream double bill!!!

Highlight song probably Inside Job.

Took loads of photos. Have put about 80 of them on the Facebook Pearl Jam@Wembley Event. If someone can share them from there on here for the people without facebook, please do. I'm not sure how to.

Roll on Nijmegen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Reading 27/8/06
    Marseille 9/9/06
    Wembley Arena 18/6/07
    Nijmegen 28/6/07

Check out my PJ covers - http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    Just got back to my brother's place, before heading off to Copenhagen tomorrow morning & wait for the boys to show up. Haven't the energy to go into it yet but even 24 hours on still can't find a single bad thing to say about last night. Finally, Long Road as an opener after 11 years of waiting, and it was better than any version I've ever heard. And that's just the first song... Photos & video to come - I think the clip of Porch is going to be a bit special whenever I get to put it up.

Thanks to all of you people who made the last couple of days so cool, even that American girl behind me who seemed more intent on bursting my eardrum than the band. It's been great.

Roll on Copenhagen - you've a helluva show to beat....
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just got back to my brother's place, before heading off to Copenhagen tomorrow morning & wait for the boys to show up. Haven't the energy to go into it yet but even 24 hours on still can't find a single bad thing to say about last night. Finally, Long Road as an opener after 11 years of waiting, and it was better than any version I've ever heard. And that's just the first song... Photos & video to come - I think the clip of Porch is going to be a bit special whenever I get to put it up.

Thanks to all of you people who made the last couple of days so cool, even that American girl behind me who seemed more intent on bursting my eardrum than the band. It's been great.

Roll on Copenhagen - you've a helluva show to beat....

Glad you made it back :)

Wanna update that sig? ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    spikeyblue wrote:
    After last nights show Ive seen 3 shows. All at wembley and in 96, 2000 and last night.

Ive loved every last minute of each show. Last night the same. Sort of fell out of love with the live experience over the last couple of years, because I aint the sort of bloke who would travel to see the band, so you forget the "live magic".

However, after last night, I am now really tempted to travel.

What Im basically trying to say is, Man, I fucking LOVE this band!

My favourite song was either SOLAT or that solo acoustic thing Ed did. Is that on a soundtrack somewhere? If anyone can help out with names, that would be cool.

In a closing note. About half twelveish I was queing up for tickets yesterday, and I saw a tout walking up and down the line. This angered me. Maybe Im being a bit idolistic, but I figures this greedy scumbag is making money off other peoples misfortune ie, lack of tickets.

I really wanted to say something. But I didnt have the guts. Minutes later I saw a group of 3 or 4 girls all wearing "not in my name" t-shirts giving him a bit of verbal.

Well done. You are the people I wish I could be

Well, since you bring this up...

I've had to get rid of my 10c extra so I posted an announcement here. Face value, of course. 4 people answered. I committed the ticket to this guy... tom. PJ21 or something like that. He asked first. Big mistake. Always go for the people with the most posts. I also got the numbers of the other three in case the deal fell through. We agree with Tom two days before the gig that we'd talk the day of the gig between 3 and 4, as that was the time I was expecting to arrive at the arena. I give him my number, he gives me his. So I call Tom at 3. No answer. I text him. No answer. I text him again, no answer. I call again (from my US cell phone, roaming charges of one buck per minute). I finally find him at 5:30. At first he doesn't even understand who I am and then he said "oh that... I can't make it anymore". I just said "bye" but what I really wanted to say (Tom, this is for you if you are reading) was: fuck you tom, you inconsiderate asshole. Couldn't you fucking call me or pm me you piece of shit? I tried calling the other numbers, left messages to no avail.

A few minutes later a "tout" walks by looking for spares. I say I have one, ask for the 45 pounds it costs, he gives me 30. I would not have done it but I really didn't want to remain with the ticket unsold. After my efforts on the board and in the line I have no qualms. Sure I hate scalpers, but stupid inconsiderate fans are just as bad.

Man I'm chatty tonight :o
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    Chime wrote:
    Glad you made it back :)

Wanna update that sig? ;)

How's that?

Thanks for the help in getting home. Have fun at work tomorrow!
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    duggro wrote:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig-22306864-details/Pearl+Jam/gigReview.do?reviewId=23401223

not a single song from vs??? try getting clued up you fool!!!

what a lame review

read that in the Standard Lite on th train home today.... sounds like a total non-fan got sent to do the review, only knew the 'hits' and left early.

the day before the same paper had a preview, written by a different guy, that was a lot more positive, though it did say a few strange things... i'll see if i can dig it out.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    3rd time i've seen them and definately the best. The boys were just so into it and the set was very mixed. Highlights for me why go and porch but hearing the likes of i got shit and present tense was amazing. Putting the lights on for the last couple of songs made it really intimate somehow. Its hard to see how another concert could be better.

I was about 5 rows from the front dead centre and thought i'll just stand here the whole night. After the first 3/4 songs i found myself a fair bit further back due to all the pricks pushing. I just don't understand why the fans were pushing so much it is just pointless. A lot of my attention was on not getting crushed rather than the greatness on show. I love to jump up and down and get into the music but why push other people. Ignorant fuckers. Later on i can't remember which song but there was an actual mosh pit with people running in circles just pushing each other - WHY? Maybe they were all drunk - i don't no why. I say ban drinking in the venue.
    Sorry for the rant but i just don't understand.

I need more PJ!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,449
    Amazing show. fantastic. Much better croiwd than in Milan. Was in the second row and the show rocked even though I was tired after lack of sleep and queing all day.

But still... there were some things that sucked... was queing at the north entrance. Came down in the morning with my girlfriend and not many poople in front of us. Two people from some country.... maybe portugal was sitting in front?! Then suddenly there were like 50 of them in front of me... and two german fuckheads squeezed in infront of us aswell. And theese are tenclub members. Yuck.

Then infront of me during the show was this girl in a yellow tshirt.. and she didn't even look at Idlewild when they played... she like refused to give the act even a glance... and during PJ she just stood there with her camera...motionless.

But amazing show! Sorry if I acted like a fool in the crowd (if I did)...I just loved to here some of the songs live. And man...I was so tired... sang the lyrics wrong and stuff..everything was a blur!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    good moment was two guys in front of us doing the berlin hands in the air "ooooooooooooooo" thing. we joined in and got chatting about the berlin gig! awesome :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Just got home.. What a great show! The guys were on fire, and Eddie had a great night.. He was in a fantastic mood:) The set-list was out of this world, and so was the crowd.. I didn`t think that a show could get better than Dublin last year, but this one did.. Thanks for a great night:D Hope that it`s not a long time till I see the band again, my god they do rock live:D

And.. Hope I didn`t disturb anybody with my Norwegian flag;)
    And, another thing.. When me, my sister and her boyfriend went to the underground afterwards we saw the Norwegian crownprince? Haakon walk down the road.. Turns out he`s a Pearl jam fan, great guy!;)
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    pjwineguypjwineguy Posts: 6
    My wife and I came in from Chicago - and out of the last 6 shows this was the truest PJ show we have seen. After the first fes songs Eddie said now I've sang about love and life, and pain and death - and now I'm going to sing about hope. It was clear he thought hard about the set list, and wanted to leave us all with a night to remember. The music fit the band and the crowd just right last night - like no other show we have seen. The energy was there all the way around. At the end, I liked the new song about the Vet from the Iraq war - bet its on the new 2008 album - and I also bet on a heavy US tour to be in front of the 2008 election.

We missed some the classics - but are fortunate enough to have seen them before (still missed them, just cause we like them). This night was about the band and the crowd - and we got it, and it worked for us! Great set list, and the best we have seen. To finish with Indifference was great - it's my wife's favorite, and it topped the night off just right.

The sound was good on the floor (where we spent the first half of the show), but sucked up stairs (section S2) too loud, off key, and my ears hurt. On the floor we were just right of Eddie - and everything about the Portuguese that needed to be said, has been said. Otherwise - great group on the floor - energy high, under control, and lots of PJ love. The crowd in the stands around us was mixed -some really into the show, others just watching - but whatever, who cares.

Thanks to the guys around me - who helped keep my wife, and all the other girls safe; thanks to the Security with the water and the steady but not too heavy crowd control, and thanks to Eddie and the boys - they bring it hard, every single GD time I see them, like no other band I've ever seen before. I almost caught a drum stick - touched it but the guys next to me took it home! Almost got a sip of wine, but it went down the line in front of me... oh well!

See you in Chicago for Lollapalooza in August - we would love to see you all (even the Portuguese, but without the flags please)

Peace!
  • Options
    And Porch (Eddie singing with the crowd):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YCC8iiF3fE
    Amsterdam, 06-nov-1996/Hartford, 13-sep-1998/Paris, 8-jun-2000/Milan, 22-jun-2000/Mansfield, 29-aug-2000/Phoenix, 21-oct-2000/Las Vegas, 22-oct-2000/Mansfield, 11-jul-2003/Arnhem, 29-aug-2006/Paris, 11-sep-2006/Verona, 16-sep-2006/Wembley, 18-jun-2007/Hartford, 27-jun-2008/Mansfield I, 28-jun-2008/Rotterdam, 13-Aug-2009/Nijmegen, 27-jun-2010/Amsterdam, 26-jun-2012/Amsterdam, 16-jun-2014.
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    setlist was fucking great!!! you lucky ones!!!!
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    I've been watching the clips on youtube of this show...wow!
  • Options
    sisyphesisyphe Posts: 40
    What an amazing weekend! A great, great gig opened by a goose-bump-giving Long Road, followed by some very intense rocking. Too intense for me, in fact, so had to step back from the pit. Enjoyed the rest of the show from a bit further away.

Could list songs I would have liked to hear, but won't, because I'm happy with the ones I got to hear. More than happy, in fact...

I'm also happy to have met some great people during the weekend. It's overwhelming to realize how PJ brings together people from every corner of the globe, and instantly there's a connection. Not something that happens every day.

Thank you PJ and all the great people that made it a weekend to never forget!

See you all at the Air guitar World Championships :D
    I'm questioning my education
    Rewind and what does it show?
    Could be, the truth it becomes you
    I'm a seed, wondering why it grows

Stockholm '00
    Paris '06
    London '07
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Doodlebug wrote:

I am not a xenophobe and I talked to loads of others from all over the place last night -- US, Aussies and so on, but please if you are going to go to a gig anywhere please respect others in the crowd and look after one another. Something I feel most of us do.
    oh there's nothing xenophobic about my moaning at all... I actually know one of the Portugese girls and she's absolutely lovely and I'm sure the rest of them are too... but come on!!!!!! There's a certain way to behave at concerts to respect others around you... and I don't think they had ANY@ regard for people around them whatsoever :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 369
    do you know pete?

I wish I did know him!! I was curious about why they give him stick for coming from Cornwall - I thought the surfing alone would have won Ed over!!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    meme wrote:

So thank you guys for another fantastic show, positively worth the solo trip, and for the opportunity to go back to London after 20 years :). And for having met really cool people, as usual.
    :o I missed you... AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you