Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    evervedder wrote:
    Does anyone have any close(ish) pics from last night they could put on line or email?... i won't want to forget about that night in a hurry so some decent pics will help ease the pain of the uncertainty surrounding when I'll see th guys do a gig like that again!

Check out post #49 in this thread, that's where I put mine up, some OK ones in there.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    i have to say this was an exceptional gig from start to finish. Got up to wembley at 11:30am (i know a bit early seeming as i only live half hour away, but hey, i knew the queue would provide entertainmemt!) and picked up 10c tix in the rain. the sight of me and my 2 chums in t-shirts and shorts must have looked strange to others all dressed up in rain coats and umbrellas, but i knew the lack of clothing would be an assett later on inside. We queued up on the north eats entrance and started chatting away to all manner of fans. Hi to Scottish lad, only 16, who had got his dad to give him a lift down from Scotland for the gig, who i saw a little pale at the end of the night. An Italian guy who had travelled over for the gig, made me think of of all my travelling i did last year. As well as 2 american guys and of course London jam and his mate and sister Charlotte. Once inside we made comfortable up front and when pearl Jam opened with Long Road i knew i was in for a good set. The crowd sung every song and as some have said the moshing was actually enjoyable. I am not ususally a fan of the front but for some reason i really enjoyed it, and am sorry for those who didnt. I believe Eddie didnt plan to sing No More but only form chants in the crowd for it to be played did he do so. I could be wrong though! I held my own up tol Indifference and was dissapointed but happy when the set finished and the ligh5ts went up. Great to hear Faithful and shocked that they missed out Even Flow, dont know when that last happened? Anyway thanks again to everyone i met and made my night one to rememebr, my ears are still ringing!

cheers Rob, chris (who got ejected but let back in) Adam, charlotte and many more

See you on the flip side
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    My favourite part was when Eddie said something along the lines of 'I may have written some shit lyrics in my time, but I can say that this is not one', played Indifference, and then forgot the second line!
  • Options
    spida1998 wrote:
    Check out post #49 in this thread, that's where I put mine up, some OK ones in there.

Thanks man, I'll check it out!

p.s. how are your ears and throat this morning?!!.. mine are knackered!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    6th show, should have been 7th if it was not for venice, but 11 songs i have never seen live before. came out dripping on sweat, and voiceless, and i still have a very very croaky voice, i sure scremed my lungs out till it filled that room, and i think we all did.
    Highlights, probably porch, crazy mary and immortality. Mike was on fire, looked me in the eye plenty of times, and genuinely acknowledged my presence, and that of all the people over his side.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    My favourite part was when Eddie said something along the lines of 'I may have written some shit lyrics in my time, but I can say that this is not one', played Indifference, and then forgot the second line!
    Yeh! Brilliant! And didn't Eddie sound good, we've all heard boots where he's hit some really bum notes but last night he was excellent!

Ears still whistling. Will keep you informed of progress.
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    I LOVED the setlist - definitely not one for the casual fan, as has been mentioned. There's a list as long as my arm of their top songs that they omitted, but we can't complain. I saw 10 songs for the first time tonight, which made it for me. Faithful was the highlight, what a reception from the crown too.

Yes, my ears are still ringing too!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Merkyjamm said "My Dad and I were in the seats and I have to say it was a little more relaxing up there, I think, but that reminds me of my first PJ show, last year in Madrid".

We got separated after one song in Madrid, but both had a great time. That was a "greatest hits" show.

Wembley was perfect as a second PJ show, and very special to be able to share it with my son. Present Tense is always a song that strikes a chord deep within me, and even as I type my eyes have gone misty.

Just checked the setlists - Madrid 24 songs, Wembley 27 songs, only 8 in common ...

Thanks to the band, my son, our neighbours at the gig, the 10C guys who were patient and helped us get real ace seats and have a great night, and here's to the next time.

And re one of the other posters, how can anyone be a casual PJ fan after last night?

What a show! Simply ace! RITFW. Nick, your Dad says thanks again! Next time, you do the tix and I'll do the Ts.
    Madrid 7 Sept 06
    Wembley 18 June 07
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I am deeply worried about my ears. :D

What? Pardon? Speak up, will you, i can't hear you...! :D

Dunk's not here so i'll say it for him

AWESOMENESS ENCAPSULATED!!!!

Best part of the night though was winning 7 quid on the trivia machine in the Green Man before the show... all went downhill from there... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Merkyjamm said "Wembley was perfect as a second PJ show, and very special to be able to share it with my son. Present Tense is always a song that strikes a chord deep within me, and even as I type my eyes have gone misty.

I must say I was particularly pleased that Eddie yelled out those words to Present tense, one of my favourites too... the sort of song that puts things in perspective when times ain't so good!....

Of course the rest of the set was ace and I was glad PT and some of my others appeared as I'm not so lucky to be seeing them more than once this time round.. shame coz it was so brilliant last night!
  • Options
    alidalealidale Posts: 28
    jrd wrote:
    What? Pardon? Speak up, will you, i can't hear you...! :D

Dunk's not here so i'll say it for him

AWESOMENESS ENCAPSULATED!!!!

Best part of the night though was winning 7 quid on the trivia machine in the Green Man before the show... all went downhill from there... ;)

Ditto, ....to sum up in 3 words.....

SU FUCKING PERB!!!

several songs on the "if they do that i´ll die happy" list...and done to perfection (immortailty, I got shit, and PRESENT TENSE!!!!!!!...ann others) I am a happy bunny.

Stop all worrying about your ears, they´ll be fine. (Just dont do it toooooooooo often)
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    fucking fantastic!! what a set list!! 9 shows, and i finally get to hear immortality :) the band sounded awesome, and the crowd were great (at least they were where i was standing).

...a bit disappointed not to get bat out of hell though. but there's always next time.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    absolutely amazing! A setlist made up fopr long-time fans ... ears are beeping, tired like hell but very happy ...

cheers to the folks in the garden at the pub!
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    Great show, last night I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed in the setlist but looking back it was actually nice to hear some different songs, especially Inside Job. Sound was pretty good for Wembley but the merchandise stalls..................what a fucking joke. I queued for 45 mins to be told they didn't have any womens t-shirts left but luckily managed to sweet talk the guy into letting me have the ones off the wall after the show!

Only downside for me was the idiots waving their Portugal flags infront of me so that was the only view I got for a lot of the show. If any of you are reading this.............it was me who stole 2 of your flags and 20 people shook my hand for it. Next time leave them at home!
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • Options
    wishchriswishchris Posts: 70
    It was a great, great night (and day). Hit the queue for Tickets at 10.30-my mate Darren was already there scoping out the line to get in on the Northeast side. I was there with my cousin Ant who is a fan-not a nutty, geeky fan like me but hey! I was in the insanely bright flouresent jacket for most of the afternoon-and the Idlewild t-shirt!

Made it abotut 4 rows back on stones side just to the right of Stone.

I love Idlewild so it was a great start to the gig-really just perfect actually

I've been to a few shows now but pleasingly heard some songs I've never heard live before like SOLAT, Inside Job, Low Light, Long Road, Down, parachutes, bushleaguer, no more and indifference-can't believe I've never heard all those songs played live before! They were all rarities to me-so it was ace.

Got to see my friend Dr Lou Smith from the deep south of the US of A who was so kind and did amazing things for me for my 3 US shows in 2003-Hi Lou-email soon!

It was great to see Darren (and his brother Jonathan) again (met them in the queue at Astoria-Darren got me into Jools so I'm forever in his debt).

All in all brilliant-had a quick journey home too!

Great to see all the PJ fans out in force again-that's probably the best part of the whole thing!

On a bit of a come down from the gig now tho-I guess alot of us are feeling like that!

See you all soon!
    i had it all once i gave it back

can you all feel the light.........shinin'

Cardiff 2000, San Antonio 2003, Houston 2003, New Orleans 2003, Astoria 2006, Jools Holland 2006, Reading 2006, Zagreb 2006, London 2007, Sheppards Bush 2009, Manchester 2009, London O2 2009, Hyde Park London 2010, Alpine Valley 2011
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    cyclops wrote:
    cheers to the folks in the garden at the pub!

glad to be back where you can get real mayonnaise...? ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Too far back on the floor!

The wife and I were dead centre level with the first no smoking sign but we couldn't get any closer and it was tame near where we were, Some one even managed to smoke a cigarette during a mosh it was that tame.

But no matter how hard we tried we just could get closer to the front.

Attempted to buy a T shirts before the Gig and gave up as it was 5 past 6 so I did't want to end up to far back, got inside and the T shirt queue was slow so gave up. Tried after the show to finaly get to the front to be told there was nothing left in extra fat unless you wanted it in a girls t shirt!

My laugh of the gig was before the start when we followed a guy around wembly stadium only to see him get stopped by security and have his bag searched since we wearnt suposed to be be any where near the stadium.

Ears actually hurting and not just buzzing, apollogies for spelling extra but had to be at Heathrow for 4am So have only had 2 hours sleep.

My only comment was the guys enjoyed it and Mike played up to the seated fan club fantasticly and it looked like they were having as much fun as we were on the floor but I just thought it was mellow, Though I don't own anything between Spin the black circle and Pearl Jam.

Bring on the bootleg, any one else notice the mikes pointing towards the audience.

And 3 gigs and RITFW, Not special anymore.

Any one on the sides can tell us what the floor looked like, Videos or photos
    March 95 - Melbourne Flinders Park(Dave Grohl on drums for Encore, live on Tripple J night after the riot)
    March 95 - Melbourne - OK I was on my flats balcony and couldn't see the stage but I sure could hear them,
    August 06 - Leeds
    June 07 - London
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,859
    Amazing gig. The guitar solo on Immortality was superb. Loved hearing Bushleauger, SOLAT, Crazy Mary, Present Tense (YES!!), Down, RITFW.

Glad to meet so many Ten Clubbers yesterday, hope you all had a great gig and a safe journey home.

Onto Dusseldorf now. :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    excowboyexcowboy Posts: 12
    Alive 79 wrote:
    Great show, last night I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed in the setlist...

WTF?! It was one of the best main sets they've played in years!!!!
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    it's all subjective... but definitely no complaints here!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    excowboy wrote:
    WTF?! It was one of the best main sets they've played in years!!!!

Yeah I know, I'm only moaning because I'm a girly and wanted to hear black!!
    I have completely different thoughts about the setlist this morning. Like I said, it was nice to hear a lot of songs that I've not heard live before.

Forgot to say that I managed to sprain my ankle during Comatose but continued to jump around on it. I have a lump the size of a tennis ball on it this morning but God it was worth it!!
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Ok I recorded a few songs with my camera, but just the audio, didn't wanna hold the camera up all night and spoil other people's views, so here's Long Road: http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x64/jonfisher_photos/?action=view&current=MOV00128.flv

I'll put the rest up over the next few days, along with a full report on the gig!
  • Options
    andshewasandshewas Posts: 31
    Show number 7 for me.. was amazing to say the least!!!!!! The problem I have with going to a PJ gig though is that one is never enough!!!! Need another PJ fix and it's only been 12 hours... ;)
  • Options
    ClemboClembo Posts: 3
    I thought the set list was perfect, a great mixture and I thought the songs off "Pearl Jam" came accross really well.

I agree to have such a small number of merchandise stalls seemed daft but I got 2 t shirts and a poster so I'm quite happy. You just had to keep calm and be patient!

What a night!! Best day of my life apart from my wedding day :)

And where was Stones hat!!??
  • Options
    Ok I recorded a few songs with my camera, but just the audio, didn't wanna hold the camera up all night and spoil other people's views, so here's Long Road: http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x64/jonfisher_photos/?action=view&current=MOV00128.flv

I'll put the rest up over the next few days, along with a full report on the gig!

Wow, the sound quality is amazing. Thanks for that, look forward to hearing the rest! xx
  • Options
    What I want to know is - and I have NO idea because the whole gig was so bloody NOISY - How tight were the band? Did they actually play the songs technically well? Yes the atmosphere was electric, but the gig was so LOUD I won't really know how tight the gig was until a boot/vid comes out.

Reading last year was probably the tightest gig I've ever seen - the band were on FORM - but I'm a bit worried that shit sound might have put the guys of on occasion last night. As a drummer, I'm just thinking what a fucking nightmare I would've had behind that kit with those acoustics.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    :D:D:D:D:D

That's all I can say right now...I have to get ready to go to Dusseldorf!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

Thanks for putting that up ... will look forward to the rest :)

Seems redrock's please to Mr Cornell didn't come off ... but what a night!

Also great meeting up with everyone both on Sunday and Monday.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,859
    Was praying/begging for a double header of RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter. Thought is was going to happen, but it didn't. Maybe oneday!!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Can't really put into words what that was like. Every Pearl Jam gig I go to seems to be better than the last. Ed was the star of the show, vocals were incredible, particularly on No More, which showed he still has what he had ten years ago. Great solos from Mike on Immortality, Why Go, Porch, Alive et al.

I would've liked a few more songs, but for what it's worth I wont complain, I mean, how could I?! The setlist goes to show Even Flow, Betterman, Daughter etc don't make the show. They can play pretty much anything and still touch a dozen thousand people. Can't wait for the next. We all walk the long road. There's no need to say goodbye...

Thanks