Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    HotterHotter Posts: 51
    Just got back home pretty tired :)

Had a lot of time on the train and plane to reflect on the show.....the only thing I can come up with is: Hell Yeah!!!.....and........WOW!!!

Hope the band comes out with the same insane energy when they hit Copenhagen :D

Thanks for a great night, an awesome set, and a fun crowd!!!
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09
  • Options
    Stef83Stef83 Posts: 15
    Well it was my first ever PJ show so it was pretty amazing!!! I enjoyed everything about it except....the stupid crowd who thought it would be fun to mosh!! My girlfriend isn't very tall so when all these assholes started pushing everyone around I had to try and stop them from crushing her! Luckily there were some really nice people who helped me get her off to the side of the stage. Then my only problem was this woman who kept jumping on my foot! But I didn't care too much as long as my girlfriend was okay!!

All in all though, it was an incredible experience. Though next time I don't think i'll get fan club tickets!

Oh yeah, I think 10c should think about sending out their tickets instead of making everyone wait in the pouring rain to pick them up...just a thought!!
    It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    jrd wrote:
    glad to be back where you can get real mayonnaise...? ;)

Come to Werchter and I''ll introduce you to real Belgian fries with Mayo!
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    [quote="Stef83Then my only problem was this woman who kept jumping on my foot! But I didn't care too much as long as my girlfriend was okay!!
    quote"]

Hope that wasn't me jumping on your foot!
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Stef83 wrote:
    Oh yeah, I think 10c should think about sending out their tickets instead of making everyone wait in the pouring rain to pick them up...just a thought!!

ho ho ho... i was going to get there a bit earlier but it was pissing down so i stayed at work for another hour, left at 2pm, got up to Wembley pretty quick
    and just walked up and picked up the tickets immediately, there was no queue at all by then...:cool:

then said hi a few of the folks in the queue and headed off to the pub...!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    Can't really put into words what that was like. Every Pearl Jam gig I go to seems to be better than the last. Ed was the star of the show, vocals were incredible, particularly on No More, which showed he still has what he had ten years ago.

I completely agree. I thought Ed's vocals were amazing, especially on Long Road and SOLAT.

Yesterday was the 2nd best Pearl jam concert Ive seen, after the Astoria, and much better than wembley 2000.
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    Ed was the star of the show, vocals were incredible, particularly on No More, which showed he still has what he had ten years ago.

I would've liked a few more songs, but for what it's worth I wont complain, I mean, how could I?!

I agree, he still has the most amazing voice.

Nearer the end, I didn't want it to stop either, but, talking about vocals, it seemed to me that it had been plenty long enough for Mr Vedder's vocal chords! During RITFW and even Indifference I got the feeling it became a bit harder for him to sing... But maybe that's just me worrying ;);)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    Pearl Jam Wembley Arena writeup like page 6 of the Independent of something like that...

They big it up but spend no time talking about the actual gig!

Anyway - great that they got press coverage.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Anyone have the misfortune of sitting in the first 6 rows of N8 or N6. Can't remember which it was. People up on their feet all around and they sat there like dummies. Think they had personality bypasses before the show. For those, this is for you :p
  • Options
    WOW!!
    My 8th show since 1996 and the second best (sorry Reading was amazing!!)
    I see there are differing opinions on the set list but i loved the fact some of the old classics were not there, Long Road and I Got ID in one show - fab!!
    Thanks to the 2 irish brothers stood in front of me - made it all the more entertaining!
    My husband got some good photos on his phone, will try and get them up.
    Was stood next to Paul Danan for some of the show (ex Hollyoaks and Celebrity Love Island) nice to see he has some taste!! Made me laugh.
    Atmosphere was amazing - cheers to everyone for that.
    And they sang Faithful - "you are, you are a furry thing"!! My song!
    Good to see so may fans at Fleet services on the way back too!
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Options
    locksterlockster Posts: 9
    One word "awesome"!
    "Pain is temporary quitting is permanent"
    Lance Armstrong.
  • Options
    amazing night, only in my dreams does a setlist like THAT materialise!!

we were sat in C4, so decent view, i was going nuts all night bit disspaointed some people felt they had to 'police' their feelings cos they had seats, me and a guy to my right were both going nuts all night!lol

i welled up with emotion as soon as LONG ROAD started, just about my favorite song, then a few later I got Shit, i did have tears of happiness running down my face!!, i lost my voice by the first encore and was as sweaty as if i was in the pit but i was enjoying myself!

i was nice to stand back and watch the pit for once, you guys were awesome, a credit to the UK

i couldn't believe i got to hear faithfull, Low Light, Present Tense, i just thought...'what are you guys doing to me here!'lol

It was my 3rd show and that was the most relaxed i've seen the band.

i was impressed with the sound cos idlewild's sound was poor really, although they were pretty good.

got me poster and my missus got me a shirt (bless her, she rocks!, i was skint after the bloody £15 parking fee!!)

indifference was a nice way to end, couldn't believe people on the end of my row were sat down looking bored during that, but they didn't look like 'through and through fans'.

to sum up, if you weren't there......ouch!;)

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    LikeaStone wrote:
    Just woken up, im f&*ked if I can hear a thing! PJ show number 4 for me and the best by a country mile!

Up front McCready side, sound was a bit muffled throughout but that did'nt spoil anything for me. The atmosphere was amazing! Met up with some legends in the ten club que, who by the way if your reading this im Mr O'Leary!!! Ha!

Great setlist, great night and will live long in the memory. Lets hope this aint the last time we see them in the UK!

ha ha Kermit o'Leary...what a fuckin' legend. glad you had a good time with Mr Muscle, great talking to you in the queue, it made the day go a little quicker.
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    mankind27mankind27 Posts: 33
    WOW!!
    Was stood next to Paul Danan for some of the show (ex Hollyoaks and Celebrity Love Island) nice to see he has some taste!!

Did any one else see Emma Pierson from time gentleman please and hotel babylon? She (we're almost certain it was her) walked right passed me and my friend but by the time I'd stopped and looked round she was too far away to say anything.
    'I wish i came from a country that never went to war, I wish i came from a country that took care of its poor,
    Maybe someday that will change, in the place from where we came,
    But in the mean time thanks for the example, in the mean time thanks for giving us hope...'
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    was there fucking awesome
    danny d
  • Options
    monkaymonkay Posts: 40
    Awsome!! As always!! What a day!! Full of highs and unfortunately lows!! Setlist was great! The sound in wembley arena is poor!! Don't care what anyone says!! Its poor!! I wished they'd play hammersmith apollo or brixton academy, anywhere other than w/arena!! Waited and battled my way to the front of the merch que. Purchased 3 t's no posters left! After gig jumped on the tube! Got to waterloo and had a coffee! Turned to mate and asked 'dude! Wheres my bag!!' Couldnt believe I had left my bag of t'shirts and more importantly my ticket on the tube!! Gutted!! Feeling a little low at this point I jumped on the train back to Southampton only to be told i'd have to get off at woking and get a coach the rest of the way!!! Could'nt believe it!! Got home about 4 this morning!! Ah well!! Good gig and asked if i'd do it all over again??? Damn fucking right!!!

Steve

P.S. If anyone found my t'shirts could they kindly pm me!!! Worth a try!! :)
    http://www.myspace.com/funkymonkay

Please check out my bands website and give some of our song's a listen!!

http://www.myspace.com/dekolta

London Wembeley Arena 2000
    Reading Festival 2006
    London Wembeley Arena 2007
  • Options
    valrivalri Posts: 52
    Alive 79 wrote:
    [quote="Stef83Then my only problem was this woman who kept jumping on my foot! But I didn't care too much as long as my girlfriend was okay!!
    quote"]

Hope that wasn't me jumping on your foot!
    [/quote]

I was thinking the same thing! Couldnt help myself from going mad, such a good night, set list was great, 4th time for me 6th for my friend both of us loved every min.
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    just got home now,

last night was fucking amazing

eddie walking to the mic stand with the acoustic, couldnt stop laugthing

hope someone got a vid of it
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    yorkieyorkie Posts: 32
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Full tilt, loud energetic fast renditions of some of my favourite songs. Starting with Long Road and everyone went ballistic. Fantastic atmosphere and the band really seemed to enjoy it too. Just got home from London, crappy journey but my ears are still ringing and I'm still smiling.
    Wembley 96 ~ Dublin 00 ~ Manchester 00 ~ Leeds 06 ~ Wembley 07 ~ Manchester 09 oh yes!
  • Options
    dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    Duff_Man wrote:
    just got home now,

last night was fucking amazing

eddie walking to the mic stand with the acoustic, couldnt stop laugthing

hope someone got a vid of it
    yeah,very funny,did eddie really sing" the first mammal to shit my pants!" during do the evolution. wife converted now,very happy man
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    yeah,very funny,did eddie really sing" the first mammal to shit my pants!" during do the evolution. wife converted now,very happy man

Yep, pretty sure he did :)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    OMG what a fantastic show!! The setlist was completely unpredictable! The energy in the crowd and the band was fantastic - I've never jumped around so energetically like that for years! My voice is hoarse now! Present Tense was fantastic, so was inside job, and Eddie's voice and guitar during No More War was so clear and moving.

I also liked his little speech about tony blair before No More War. He said something like: "I was watching Tony Blair on TV today talking about the war and it was like watching someone who has been stranded on his own in the dark at night and the only way to get home was to get in a car driven by a drunk. The drunk is George Bush who is behind the wheel. We need to take the keys back!" Or something like that.

I could only see bits here and there due to my short height, but from what I saw, this show had every classic pearl jam element to it, that I've heard, read and dreamed about for ages:

Eddie bashing away on the tambourines during RITFW and giving one away to a lucky girl in the front
    Mike chucking tons of picks out
    Mike playing the guitar behind his head!
    Eddie having a smoke on the stage side
    Even jeff was jumping really high and going mad on stage

I was on Mike's side by the speakers and I loved the way he kept popping his head over the speakers and pull faces at us!

Oh and OMG the mosh pit was so scary! I couldn't see a thing at the beginning and got caught up in the pit - I don't think I can remember the last time I got so squashed I couldn't breathe!

I also want to say thanks to the kind cute guy with long brown curls who helped me get out of the mosh pit by pushing people away to give me space to get out - I think he noticed I was in trouble because my hair was getting caught up everywhere! They were a good crowd, powerful but not nasty or anything.

I also want to say thanks to another kind cute guy with the long curly brown hair (was it the same one?) who lifted me up in the beginning so I could see the stage for a minute or two during Long Road!! It was very sweet of him - I just wish I'd thought to take a picture while I was up there but I could feel he was shaking - I'm probably a lot heavier than I look lol!

I took a teeny video clip of Eddie when he came over to the speakers during Porch which I will put up once I get a youtube account. I took a load of photos too so will post a link once I get them up as well.

All in all, too fantastic for words!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    edwho wrote:
    Set: Long Road, Severed Hand, Grievance, Comatose, Given To Fly, Low Light, I Got Shit, Faithfull, Green Disease, Marker In The Sand, Immortality, Down, Present Tense, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go, Save You, Porch

1st Encore: Inside Job, Parachutes, Crazy Mary, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd Encore: No More, Bu$hleaguer World Wide Suicide, Rockin' In The Free World, Indifference

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

OMG did they do Greivance? I love that song - why don't I remember that one?? (probably cos I was stuck in the mosh pit trying to survive maybe!)
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 120
    amazing night, fantastic, unpredicable setlist.
    they came, they rocked, we worshipped.
  • Options
    onawaveonawave Posts: 19
    Agree with what you all said...a fantastic show. Feel deaf in one ear though. My 17th show and definitely one of my favourite set lists. I just have one wee whine about it...to the guy on the floor, Mike's side, who pretty much recorded the whole show with his camera, that was totally not cool and obstructed the view of a lot of people. I'm putting in a vote for no more cameras at shows, ruins the experience. That's all, I'm done:)
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it. Great night. My birthday today as well. So to go and see PJ play with a mate was a real special bday for me.

We were sat in one of the disabled areas due to my mates illness, but great seats really.

But one question, why would anyone pay to go and see a great band like PJ and get soooo drunk that you fall asleep at the concert??? We had a couple guys next to us who sat there because of a mix up with their tickets, one of the them missed the whole 2rd Encore as he was asleep.

Oh, and Hi to the 2 brothers from Yarmouth we chatted to outside, in case they are on here.
    Cardiff 6th June 2000
    Arnhem 29th August 2006
    London 18th June 2007
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    Just got home,words fail me!Just when you think you could'nt love a band any more than you do they play show like that,with a fuckin setlist,like that.
    From Long Road to Grievance,Low Light,Faithfull,Porch,I got Shit,SOLAT,Save You.I can only speak for myself,but I did'nt miss Daughter or Even Flow or Betterman.Did anybody?It was a real 10c setlist,we can only thank them for it.Everyone thought London would be special,IMO, it was off the scale!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    onawave wrote:
    Agree with what you all said...a fantastic show. Feel deaf in one ear though. My 17th show and definitely one of my favourite set lists. I just have one wee whine about it...to the guy on the floor, Mike's side, who pretty much recorded the whole show with his camera, that was totally not cool and obstructed the view of a lot of people. I'm putting in a vote for no more cameras at shows, ruins the experience. That's all, I'm done:)

i understand your frustration. but you never know... that video might surface online at some point for us all to enjoy.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Last night was....wait for it....LEGENDARY! :D

Everything was just right.

We got ourselves an awesome spot just short of half way back on Stone's side right against the wall where the sound was crystal clear and we had an amazing view for the whole show :)

Idlewild were pretty good. I'm a big fan and that was the 7th time I'd seen them and I've seen them play better but I was really pleased to see them get a good reception and to hear them do Roseability again was really cool.

but Pearl Jam.

Last night they were everything as to why they are my favourite band, why they are the only band I will queue up for hours to see, why they are the only band I'll press my ear to a fire exit on the side of Wembley Arena to hear them play a muffled soundcheck :)

Long Road was beautiful, Severed Hand was a highlight for me, the song seems to have taken on a whole new stronger form since last Summer. My voice was already packing up by Grievance but the opportunity to scream "Champagne breakfast for everyone" does not come along everyday. Present Tense is still the only song I've ever heard them play from No Code but at least it's always outstanding and State of Love And Trust had me trying to dance like Kyra Sedgewick in Singles.

I'd have liked a couple more of the usuals if only for my girl who doesn't know the rarities like I do but we are both big fans of Green Disease so that was an awesome moment for us :)

It didn't look too rough down the front...looked like most folk were behaving themselves which was nice to see

I know that a Pearl Jam return to Europe is probably not likely now for another 3 or 4 years by which time who knows what my life will entail but if last night has to be my PJ live swansong then I will die a happy man :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018