Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    abbeyjessabbeyjess Posts: 111
    i was at the astoria, this wembley was a better show amazing,the boys were right up for it amazing!!!!!!
    paris96,manchester2000,astoria2006,dublin2006,
    london2007,copenhagen2007,shepards bush empire 2009,
    rotterdam 2009,manchester 2009,london 2009.belfast 2010,berlin 2010.
  • Options
    Here is a teeny video clip of Eddie on the speakers during Porch. It's very short as my camera cut out and the sound is rubbish. But enjoy!

Tell me if this doesn't work:

th_MVI_4578.jpg
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I couldn't be happier! This was my very first PJ show (after having been a fan for years and not being able to make any date of the European tour last year).

Anyway - What can I say? The setlist was so good, I loved every minute of it. Sung along to all the songs - My voice is so shot!

The crowd was a little scary right at the beginning (at the start of Severed Hand) but I just went with the flow and had a hell of a good time. My earplugs even got knocked out of my ears at one point (luckily I had spare ones with me) and I was soaked afterwards :)

Highlights for me:
    - The setlist (especially Long Road, Low Light, I Got Shit, SOLAT, PRESENT TENSE and FAITHFUL.....And all the other songs....)
    - The atmosphere: Downright amazing, the crowd (at least up front) was really into it, singing along, dancing (and moshing too ;) )
    - All the rest.

I agree with some though: It was NOT a show for casual fans (ie those who only know the "radio hits"). I heard some people complaining about the set but oh well, I had such a good time.

Can't wait for Werchter now :)

AND BRING ON THE FRIGGIN BOOTLEGS :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    negationistnegationist Posts: 237
    Brilliant night. Was up in the seats, spectacular view. Still wished i was in the pit though. Have to say, being in the seats gives a different perspective to the whole show. Never been seated before. Amazing setlist, except for maybe bu$shleager n parachutes, 2 of my least favourite PJ songs, but everything else was class. The band seemed to enjoy themselves. Ed seemed to get warmer n warmer with the crowd as the night wore on.

The only thing i didn't like about the whole experience was the venue. IT's probably one of the not so great venues i've been to. Acoustics weren't poor to say the least.

Still, all in all, was a brilliant night. Left without a voice, hungover n tired but it was all worth it!!!

OIh, and I finally gotta hear STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST live. One of my all time favourite PJ songs!!! Brilliant!!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    This was my second show and it was great, such a good setlist . I was in seating S3 so i got a good view of watching the band perform, would of liked standing tickets but i did not survive the server for them. I loved the show and liked the arena.

was a great trip, thanks PJ!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    ...fuckin great was that?!!! :eek:

So many highlights but....

Long Road... I Got Shit...IMMORTALITY!!! FAITHFULL!!!...and Down and and....

:D:D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Amazing and to the lad that kissed my hand - thanks! glad you and your mate finally saw PJ after 7 years. i love it! :p
    to everyone else - HELL YEAH! :D

thanks Jeff! thanks Matt! :D:D

comatose and why go = me and my blue hair screaming like a fool!

N thanks for umm dealing with my "omg omg omg" nonsense.

now to find the diamond encrusted skull..... :p

off to the next show we go...
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    tofatofa Posts: 51
    Wow what a show!! This was my first PJ gig and I have waited a long time to see them (9 years), I just can't wait until the next time. For me the highlights were Rockin in the Free World, Long Road, Faithful and Crazy Mary. The crowd and band were really up for it and played their hearts out, Eddie was exhausted by the time he had finished! I would have loved to see Betterman and RVM. Thanks for a great night!
    Wembley 07
    "You'll never walk alone"
    ***** LFC
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Oh, and I loved it when Jeff laughed his head off when Eddie forgot the second line of Indifference. Would've made a great picture :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    What did Ed say to Jeff as well when he was talking about Jeff's wife being there. Jeff gave him a joking push for it. :)
    Cardiff 6th June 2000
    Arnhem 29th August 2006
    London 18th June 2007
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    third show for me (unfortunately they have all been in london!).

Rates way up as the best gig I have been to and even ahead of the Astoria at the moment as well as it just had the two main ingrediants - the band playing what THEY wanted for the FANS.

Amazing setlist as everyone else has said, and even thought I didn't get to hear some I would've requested beforehand (Release for one) I wouldn't have changed it for the world as its what the band wanted and that helped to make the show.

What hadn't I heard them do at previous two shows of mine....
    Long Road, Low Light, I Got Shit, Faithful (wow), Green Disease, Down, Save You, Inside Job, Parachutes, Crazy Mary, No More, Bushleaguer and RITFW

What a selection to hear for the first time in front of your eyes.

My ears are still ringing, the sound could have been better and the 3 hour delay back from Kings Cross today mean nothing because I have the memories of the best gig of my life last night.

Please come back to the UK again and do it again.

If not then I'm going to have to start a Pearl Jam Holiday Fund as I need more.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    What can I say...........FUCKIN' AMAZING!!!!!!!

An absolutely fantastic night, my voice is soooooo shot!

I had waited 16 years for this & hell what a performance.

Thankyou Pearl Jam, come back soon. :cool:
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I'm still feeling knackered!!!!! It's gonna take me a week to get back to normal.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
    The show just started and I began to feel Matt's drums in my stomach. I missed that sound so much...
    So far, the best concert this year (Lisbon, Madrid and London). Standing on the floor was OK (20 meters from the stage and no pushing, place to jump...)
    The setlist was very original, but I have to disagree with most of you (and this is a personal opinion). A concert is such a special thing that I always want to hear my favourites: BetterMan, RVM, Evolution... so I missed the first 2 ones... (I always miss All those Yesterdays, Light Years, Smile... because they 'never' play them).
    Anyway it was an excellent gig. The ground crowd was great (all Ten members), Eddie was, I think, specially involved last night and, as I told you, the music in my stomach...
    ...to be continued
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    OasisOasis Posts: 54
    Enjoyed it, didnt know a few songs - Long Road, Down, No More and was disappointed there was no Black or Better Man (or Daughter..) but was a hell of a show and Eddie's voice was amazing. Highlights Faithfull, Given to Fly, Inside Job, SoLaT, Alive and Rockin' Free World.
  • Options
    This was my 4th show and I was thrilled that they played such a diverse setlist. My brother asked me before they played what I wanted to hear the most and I said "something rare, like b-sides and album tracks. I'd love to hear Low Light, that's great live" and lone behold, they played it like the awesomist band in the world that they are.

I think this was definitely a fan club setlist, what with the floor being all 10C. I imagine they thought that the more rare stuff would be well received (and judging from down on the floor it was). It wasn't as mental on the floor as Paris 06, which was good, people were looking after each other, whilst simultaneously rocking it super hard. I stayed in the middle until SOLAT, then I had to go into the pit (and stayed there until the end).

It was great to hear No More for the first time live (I resisted dling it). I liked Ed's Tony Blair/George Bush ride home analogy. I thought it was amusing as well as making a valid point. Ed did concede that he didn't know as much about Tony as the Brits did, before launching into it.

I thought finishing with Indifference was the icing on the cake. So unexpected and it sounded great (with Ed needing to be reminded of the lyrics by the crowd). Great to sing along to too. I bonded with a couple of guys in the pit who were singing as hard as me. Much respect and PJ love to ya'.

I think this show is really going to stick with me. Looking forward to Nijmegen!:)
    http://hexjibber.com
    Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Paris 2006, London 2007, Nijmegen 2007
  • Options
    If you've seen Pearl Jam loads of times, that gig must have been brilliant. I'm going to break the norm and say that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would. I walked to the train station feeling empty. What would probably be my only chance of seeing Pearl Jam live and they played so few of the songs I really wanted to hear. Where was Even Flow, Jeremy, Animal, Go, Rearviewmirror, Daughter, Elderly Woman, Better Man? I know I sound like a casual fan but I have every album (although admittedly I didn't know Long Road or No More) and I was so disappointed. Mike and Eddie blew me away but this band really relies on its songs rather than its performance in my opinion and I wasn't getting what I wanted - selfish I know. If they had done other dates in the UK then I would be more accepting but this was my one chance and it feels wasted.
    There were also far too many people from around the world - I know it shows a dedicated fan base but this was meant to be a UK gig; yet only about half the audience was actually from the UK.
    Saying all of that, I heard a few songs I really wanted to hear: Inside Job, State Of Love And Trust, Given To Fly, Alive, Grievance, Low Light and Indifference. Aside from those, they could have chopped and changed the setlist all they wanted; I was rather indifferent (hoho) to the rest of the songs. The sound quality (this is the venue's fault, not the band) was pretty awful. The whole thing was too loud and it was hard to distinguish between instruments with Jeff sounding particularly muffled; the heavier songs all lacked impact.
    Now please, everyone, flame away but bear in mind that this is just opinion.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I've just gotten home from this gig so I'm still knackered!

However I can safely say that this is one of the best gigs I've been too. Brilliant set list, brilliant crowd.
    So nice that they played chose some less often played songs instead of songs that always seem to get an outing. The crowd certainly did not need evenflow or jeremy to get going that's for sure!!

I also want to thank all the lovely people I met over the last few days, whether it's fellow jammers I already knew or the new friends I made. You guys rock and I feel proud to say that I'm a Pearl Jam :)

Keep on rockin' :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    pb21pb21 Posts: 12
    If you've seen Pearl Jam loads of times, that gig must have been brilliant. I'm going to break the norm and say that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would. I walked to the train station feeling empty. What would probably be my only chance of seeing Pearl Jam live and they played so few of the songs I really wanted to hear. Where was Even Flow, Jeremy, Animal, Go, Rearviewmirror, Daughter, Elderly Woman, Better Man? I know I sound like a casual fan but I have every album (although admittedly I didn't know Long Road or No More) and I was so disappointed. Mike and Eddie blew me away but this band really relies on its songs rather than its performance in my opinion and I wasn't getting what I wanted - selfish I know. If they had done other dates in the UK then I would be more accepting but this was my one chance and it feels wasted.
    There were also far too many people from around the world - I know it shows a dedicated fan base but this was meant to be a UK gig; yet only about half the audience was actually from the UK.
    Saying all of that, I heard a few songs I really wanted to hear: Inside Job, State Of Love And Trust, Given To Fly, Alive, Grievance, Low Light and Indifference. Aside from those, they could have chopped and changed the setlist all they wanted; I was rather indifferent (hoho) to the rest of the songs. Now please, everyone, flame away but bear in mind that this is just opinion.

Sounds a bit xenophobic to me.
  • Options
    Saying all of that, I heard a few songs I really wanted to hear: Inside Job, State Of Love And Trust, Given To Fly, Alive, Grievance, Low Light and Indifference. Aside from those, they could have chopped and changed the setlist all they wanted; I was rather indifferent (hoho) to the rest of the songs. Now please, everyone, flame away but bear in mind that this is just opinion.

I hardly think us Brits are in a position to complain about fans from other countries coming over to see them play in London. As Brits are always going abroad to see them, so it only seems fair. :)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    pb21 wrote:
    Sounds a bit xenophobic to me.
    Not really; it's just that most other countries seem to get plenty of their own gigs, whilst ours are quite rare. Meh, you guys make of it what you will, I can tell I'm not gonna be too popular round here.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

Yep it's an opinion... and it being your first show I'd possibly agree but go to another show because you won't get another set list like that one again in a hurry... I've done 5 shows, not that many compared to some on here and I loved this set list, 10 or 11 first time live songs for me...

With there being such a big contingency of fan club members this was never going to be a greatest hits show and I think they were right to mix this one up... just my opinion... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5M1q5tGopc

Inside Job on my mobile phone so not the greatest of quality, plus I was trying to take it all in at the same time and not concentrating too much on photo's or videos.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 451
    A brilliant show last night, I knew it would be good when they opened with Long Road. My highlights were SOLAT, Save You and Indifference, but I did miss Black.

A huge thank you to Dave from Warrington for supplying a 10C ticket. The pit was heaving but not as bad as some people are making out. You should have seen it when the Spice Girls played there in their heyday!!
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    The pit was heaving but not as bad as some people are making out. You should have seen it when the Spice Girls played there in their heyday!!
    :eek: Nearly wet myself laughing!!!
  • Options
    Robot BoyRobot Boy Posts: 15
    Outstanding once again!

After waiting 13+ years to see PJ I've seen 3 shows in 18th months and consider myself lucky enough to have got a bit of everything...starting with lots of new songs/debut performances at the Astoria, a 'greatest hits' set at Reading, and last night's fanclub/slightly-more-obscure set. Evidently, the best things do indeed come to those who wait :-)
  • Options
    A brilliant show last night, I knew it would be good when they opened with Long Road. My highlights were SOLAT, Save You and Indifference, but I did miss Black.

A huge thank you to Dave from Warrington for supplying a 10C ticket. The pit was heaving but not as bad as some people are making out. You should have seen it when the Spice Girls played there in their heyday!!

*bursts out into fits of giggles* :D:D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    Got got back to Aberdeen this afternoon - 3rd time I've seen them and this one was the best. The energy of the crowd was fantastic and the band looked as if they were having a blast

Fantastic setlist - personally thought it was great they didn't play some of their standard songs (Even Flow etc) and great to hear some of my personal favourites (Long Road, I got ID, Present Tense and Porch). Really felt like this was setlist for the hardcore fans.

Loved the version of Present Tense and the Jam on Crazy Mary was superb.

Mind you, I agree with many others, the acoustics in Wembley Arena were not good.

Nevertheless a great night and can't wait to see them again
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Options
    hender wrote:
    Mind you, I agree with many others, the acoustics in Wembley Arena were not good.

Still a million times better than the AECC (The sound that is)
    March 95 - Melbourne Flinders Park(Dave Grohl on drums for Encore, live on Tripple J night after the riot)
    March 95 - Melbourne - OK I was on my flats balcony and couldn't see the stage but I sure could hear them,
    August 06 - Leeds
    June 07 - London
  • Options
    nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    Still a million times better than the AECC

Won't disagree with you there mate!
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012