Penn State Scandal

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Starting to hear some reports Joe Paterno won't be back next year....can anyone confirm this?

Peace

I would be surprised if he makes it until Saturday's game
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's not about football, you're missing the point. It's the same reason so many people continue to be catholic and pour money into the church. Joe was always bigger and better than everyone and inspired almost every one of these kids in one way or another. He did so much good for so many people they don't want to believe this is real. Just like the millions who pour into mass every Sunday choose to ignore the same issues. Joe is bigger than football, he was a hero to these kids and it's impossible for them to understand this.
    It is real. I get that it's not about football. It's about child sexual abuse, a man who needs to be prosecuted and victims who need support and help. Now maybe we can shift our focus back to that.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's not about football, you're missing the point. It's the same reason so many people continue to be catholic and pour money into the church. Joe was always bigger and better than everyone and inspired almost every one of these kids in one way or another. He did so much good for so many people they don't want to believe this is real. Just like the millions who pour into mass every Sunday choose to ignore the same issues. Joe is bigger than football, he was a hero to these kids and it's impossible for them to understand this.
    It is real. I get that it's not about football. It's about child sexual abuse, a man who needs to be prosecuted and victims who need support and help. Now maybe we can shift our focus back to that.

that is exactly why they are all being let go
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Of course it's real. I just don't think they entirely get it. Just like so many Catholics choose to ignore the issues in the church. And we are talking about kids.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

So he's even more at fault then the president up there. He ran PSU for all intensive purposes. Like I said its like a Religion up there almost to the point of brain washing. The arrogance and the non-chalant attitude they all have had about this is disgusting. Paterno is not a victim in this.

How can a man of such morality and cared so much about kids allow this to happen ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that is exactly why they are all being let go

Not all of them apparently

• Cars being flipped and lamp post being torn down on campus

That's what I am struggling with the most phantom. I don't have an answer for that but i would like to think that it is a good man making a horrible horrible decision with the worst consequences imaginable that cannot be reversed
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That's what I am struggling with the most phantom. I don't have an answer for that but i would like to think that it is a good man making a horrible horrible decision with the worst consequences imaginable that cannot be reversed

I hear ya. I have no emotional attachment to anything Penn State wise.

It's one of the most shocking things I have witnessed in my lifetime

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Glad to see Joe Pa gone and for once something right done here. Can someone please explain what the f is with the students turning to the streets and supporting Joe Pa? Seriously, wake the F up students, Joe Pa had part of the blame in this and he needed to be fired.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    I just can't believe this shit. Go home idiots, you aren't doing yourself any favors.

A lot more charges coming, on Sandusky I assume. This fuck better not kill himself before he gets his.
    I take what I said before back. The kids on college ave are for the most part idiots and are being morons for the sake of being morons. They aren't struggling with this like a lot of people are. Embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure it's not even about paterno for most of these kids. Go the fuck home. It was the only decision that they could make, even if it was stirictly pr considering curley is still employed.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    Riots going on to defend child abuse?
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I take what I said before back. The kids on college ave are for the most part idiots and are being morons for the sake of being morons. They aren't struggling with this like a lot of people are. Embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure it's not even about paterno for most of these kids.

Listening to sports talk in Philly the protestors are protesting because they think Paterno should get his last home game he has earned it and he should of gotten a formal letter from the University not be told in a conference. A guy called in from the campus. He said they are starting to Pepper Spray some students.

That's what they say they are protesting for but it's bullshit, they're just fucking idiots. Sounds like there are some reasonable kids that don't agree with the decision gathered at the statue and paternoville. The kids downtown are just dipshits and part of a mob. It's embarrassing.

Pepper spray and beat the piss out of all of them.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's not even about paterno for most of these kids.

Listening to sports talk in Philly the protestors are protesting because they think Paterno should get his last home game he has earned it and he should of gotten a formal letter from the University not be told in a conference. A guy called in from the campus. He said they are starting to Pepper Spray some students.

Did that innocent defenseless kid have anyone stand up for or defend him when he needed it most? No, so why should Joe Pa get a say or get to coach his last game? He shouldn't!!! And yes pepper spray and arrest all those idiots. What a disgrace Penn State is right now. Luckily there are a few on the interviews who aren't morons and understand the severity of this.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    How is this clown not being charged too? Celebrity standards coming through again, disgraceful.
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    jordan k wrote:
    How is this clown not being charged too? Celebrity standards coming through again, disgraceful.

Who? Paterno?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Wow. Rioting because a coach's career ends a bit early in a season when his contract was up anyway. How about rioting because a pedophile was kept on staff and allowed to abuse kids for more than a decade after the first concern was raised? This is the exact culture that allowed that to happen.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    I don't want to start any arguments and whatnots so I'll just keep my thoughts to myself. Just hope who was involved gets what they deserve. Also thoughts and prayers to the victims.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I say, give him the benefit of the doubt on the instantaneous reaction. You just don’t know how you would react until you’re in that situation yourself. I’m hearing from all kinds of people saying they would have jumped in there and beat the shit out of Sandusky, but again, until they’re actually in McQueary’s situation, it’s just talk. There are plenty of other things to be concerned with beyond the satisfaction of vigilante justice. 

The victim would be even more traumatized watching two guys, one naked, beating the shit out of each other.

http://www.nittanyturkey.com/2011/11/08 ... -mcqueary/

Here's a Penn State blogger thats actually defending McQueary's actions that night.
  • Wow. Rioting because a coach's career ends a bit early in a season when his contract was up anyway. How about rioting because a pedophile was kept on staff and allowed to abuse kids for more than a decade after the first concern was raised? This is the exact culture that allowed that to happen.

Pretty fucking ridiculous. What an embarrassment this whole thing is for anyone associated with PSU.

Whats the big deal about JoePa being fired anyways? It's not like he has done any actual coaching for the past 5 years...he sits in the coaches box and watches the game.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    people just don't get it ... narcissism at its finest ...
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Wow. Rioting because a coach's career ends a bit early in a season when his contract was up anyway. How about rioting because a pedophile was kept on staff and allowed to abuse kids for more than a decade after the first concern was raised? This is the exact culture that allowed that to happen.

I say throw them all in fucking jail and maybe next time when some dude plays with a little boys penis they call the fucking cops. And I once liked Joe Paterno.
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Anybody can say McQueary was shocked and nobody knows what they would have done in the situation unless they were in it. They're all in the wrong. I was a college athlete, and I can honestly say that if I seen something like this I would call the police IMMEDIATELY then notify my coaches or higher administration IMMEDIATELY. Why leave, talk to your dad, sit on it, then go to the head coach the next day? Then, when nothing is done, just NOT do anything about it. It would of made all the difference in the future, and helped shut that monster down. We're talking about young, innocent kids getting brutally molested and raped. HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE MADE SURE THIS DISGUSTING PIECE OF SHIT WAS LOCKED UP? Especially after witnessing something as horrifying as that. I just don't get how you can defend ignorance on that level. It makes me sick.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,239
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All true but when the real kids needed him to be their hero he failed them what don't you get about that point those young boys needed a hero at the most crucila time of their young lives and no one stepped to the plate .......The kids needed a real life hero and none came to their rescue ughh :(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,239
    Yesterday a NY City cop called into the fan radio show and he stated that here in NY it's a law that if you walk in on someone assulting a young kid or raping someone you can use lethal force to stop the act ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    What an arogant ass Paterno is..His statement yesterday saying he is retiring on his own and for the trustees not to spend any more time worrying about him since they have enough to worry about..He still thinks he is above all that has happened. He did from day one when he was told about the occurance in the shower. In these guys fucked up minds, including the president or whoever paterno reported it to, they thought firing Sandusky was enough punishment since he would not be in line anymore to be the head coach of the holy grail Penn State football program.

The firing last night was the only action or statement thus far by penn state that I think has been justified...although I think if they waited until morning it could have prevented the rioting..maybe.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    what to say, what to say
    what the?

when a grown man is fondling a boy or a girl and they are busted by some dude who just so happens to walk in on them, shouldn't that pedophile guy get the shit kicked out of him? i haven't followed this story at all.
    why is football soo important, besides the money of course? zero

football means jack shit except high dollar signs.

that is what i get out of it.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
This discussion has been closed.