Penn State Scandal

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Yet somehow tim curley, the man arrested for lying and hiding it is still a Penn state employee. Unreal.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yet somehow tim curley, the man arrested for lying and hiding it is still a Penn state employee. Unreal.

Do you mean he's still being paid by the school?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

He's on a leave to take care of his legal issues
  • norm wrote:
    McQueary isn't exactly innocent in all this, is he? he still has his job...shouldn't he at the least be told not to come to work, suspended, something?
    Yes...exactly. There were a bunch of other people that knew and need to lose their jobs as well.

Maybe now they can stop focusing on fucking football and put the focus back on prosecuting this case. We shouldn't even have to ask if Sandusky is out on bail. That should be the headline. He raped so many kids and what everyone will remember is that Paterno's career ended in disgrace.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • My facebook friends who are PSU alums sound RIDICULOUS right now.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    norm wrote:
    McQueary isn't exactly innocent in all this, is he? he still has his job...shouldn't he at the least be told not to come to work, suspended, something?
    Yes...exactly. There were a bunch of other people that knew and need to lose their jobs as well.

Maybe now they can stop focusing on fucking football and put the focus back on prosecuting this case. We shouldn't even have to ask if Sandusky is out on bail. That should be the headline. He raped so many kids and what everyone will remember is that Paterno's career ended in disgrace.

This is so so true the focus will all be on Joe Paterno and how he was removed from the school.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    edited November 2011
    next steps:
    -fire all other PSU staff that were involved in ANY way
    -focus on Sandusky & send his ass to jail.

the students are going to riot...this is unreal. how do they not see that there is more to life than football?
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is next to go.

but why not now? he should have followed up after he reported it and if nothing was done he should have called the cops...this is not something you just pass up the chain of command

should be now, the university has to separate itself from all that are involved
  • g under p wrote:
    norm wrote:

This is so so true the focus will all be on Joe Paterno and how he was removed from the school.

Peace
    I really wish there was some way to make sure Sandusky gets a shock to the nuts every time some says "Paterno" or "football"

• My facebook friends who are PSU alums sound RIDICULOUS right now.

It's like they're all phuckin brain washed

Not sure what Kool-Aid they all drink in Not So Happy Valley

All the scumbags have to pay for this
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    edited November 2011
    everyone is so satisfied from a strictly pr move when the person who was arrested for lying about it and covering it up is still employed. Not to mention the school is currently paying his legal fees.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    JoePa is done! I can't believe it after 40-some years! :o
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    everyone is so satisfied from a strictly pr move when the person who was arrested for lying about it and covering it up is still employed.
    and the guy who raped the kids is out on bail having a nice workout at the gym. I really hope that gym doesn't have a daycare.

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    everyone is so satisfied from a strictly pr move when the person who was arrested for lying about it and covering it up is still employed. Not to mention the school is currently paying his legal fees.

i don't think he will be for long. they should have completely cleaned house tonight.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    everyone is so satisfied from a strictly pr move when the person who was arrested for lying about it and covering it up is still employed.
    and the guy who raped the kids is out on bail having a nice workout at the gym. I really hope that gym doesn't have a daycare.

Yeah I can't believe this guy can live in the free world with no monitoring device or something to track him

All the Good ol boys picked the program over what was right and not what was morally correct

• Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah I can't believe this guy can live in the free world with no monitoring device or something to track him

All the Good ol boys picked the program over what was right and not what was morally correct
    Makes me so sick. I want to drive the 3 hours and go pummel him in the face. Why shouldn't he walk around freely? No one is even talking about him anymore.

Makes me so sick. I want to drive the 3 hours and go pummel him in the face. Why shouldn't he walk around freely? No one is even talking about him anymore.

me too. hopefully, the Paterno firing will re-shift the focus on the investigation/coverage where it needs to be. don't get me wrong...Paterno had to go. but i'm glad that it's over so they can concentrate on the CRIMES and not on football.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Makes me so sick. I want to drive the 3 hours and go pummel him in the face. Why shouldn't he walk around freely? No one is even talking about him anymore.

Thats the part that is missed. JP is the public figure so he gets the brunt of it.

Where's the media outside Sundusky's house ?

• Students are protesting I'm hearing ?

:roll:

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Speaking at his house to students, Paterno said, "Right now, I'm not the football coach, and that's something I have to get used to."
    Students are protesting I'm hearing ?

turn on cnn or follow this guys timeine https://twitter.com/#!/greggdoyelcbs
  • Makes me so sick. I want to drive the 3 hours and go pummel him in the face. Why shouldn't he walk around freely? No one is even talking about him anymore.

Thats the part that is missed. JP is the public figure so he gets the brunt of it.

Exactly. Students should be outside of his house chanting for him to go to jail. The more I read about him the more sick I get. He adopted 6 kids and took in foster kids. Fuck :(

• mfc2006 wrote:

me too. hopefully, the Paterno firing will re-shift the focus on the investigation/coverage where it needs to be. don't get me wrong...Paterno had to go. but i'm glad that it's over so they can concentrate on the CRIMES and not on football.
    I agree - Paterno needed to go...everyone that knew about this needs to go. I'm just so sick of hearing about the football. I understand that it's a big deal...but at least 20 victims (my guess is that it's in the 100s) are a bigger deal.

mfc2006 wrote:

I agree - Paterno needed to go...everyone that knew about this needs to go. I'm just so sick of hearing about the football. I understand that it's a big deal...but at least 20 victims (my guess is that it's in the 100s) are a bigger deal.

the victims are the most important people in all of this. those poor kids.... :(
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Exactly. Students should be outside of his house chanting for him to go to jail. The more I read about him the more sick I get. He adopted 6 kids and took in foster kids. Fuck :(

Its an absolute nightmare. I said earlier these Innocent kids looking for a mentor or father figure and this is what happens to them.

Basically destroyed the lives of these kids forever. Majority of the society up there (Happy Valley) are blinded by the Football team. It's like a religion.

• mfc2006 wrote:
    the victims are the most important people in all of this. those poor kids.... :(

You woudln't know it up in happy Valley

all the concern is about their beloved Football Program

football over morality :roll:

One kid yelling 'Fuck the' ... And the crowd yelling back, 'Trustees!'

• norm wrote:

Their Parents must be proud

norm wrote:

Their Parents must be proud

whitney houston was wrong...children are our future but fuck all if i want them to lead the way
    It's not about football, you're missing the point. It's the same reason so many people continue to be catholic and pour money into the church. Joe was always bigger and better than everyone and inspired almost every one of these kids in one way or another. He did so much good for so many people they don't want to believe this is real. Just like the millions who pour into mass every Sunday choose to ignore the same issues. Joe is bigger than football, he was a hero to these kids and it's impossible for them to understand this.
This discussion has been closed.