Penn State Scandal

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Is that on the Penn State campus?
    mfc2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

what does it say. I cannot get twitters

Source: Jerry and Dorothy Sandusky seen working out at Victory Sports in State College this morning.

no...it's 2-3 miles off campus
    https://twitter.com/#!/Ben_Jones88/stat ... 6305103872
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    polaris_x wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

“He just told us as a team that no matter what happens this year or next year, this team should stay together like brothers as always,” Morris said.

perhaps, this is why you are in the position you are at ... you protected your "brother" and in return you ignored the well being of children and your community ...

They need to stay together and not play Saturday.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • norm wrote:
    Makes me sick to read that. He founded the charity in 1977...over 3 decades of access to vulnerable kids. How much abuse could have been prevented if more action was taken after the first showering incident was reported instead of believing that Sandusky would "never do it again?" And this sick fuck adopted kids?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • I would like to see 3 things happen

Right before kickoff on Saturday every Penn State player walk to the center of the field take off their jersey and walk off the field. 

The new administration immediately disband the football program and use the resources they allocate to the program put towards  helping the victims of these crimes and preventing child abuse. 

Joe Paterno spend the rest of his miserable life in prison for his role in covering this whole thing up. 
  • John McQueary: I've had to live with this for 10 years....

No wonder his son is gutless. And that his son decided to play and work for a gutless coach.

John is mike's dad that he asked for advice. He's still all about himself. Just like Paterno.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Right before kickoff on Saturday every Penn State player walk to the center of the field take off their jersey and walk off the field. 

The new administration immediately disband the football program and use the resources they allocate to the program put towards  helping the victims of these crimes and preventing child abuse. 

Joe Paterno spend the rest of his miserable life in prison for his role in covering this whole thing up. 
    Let's please not leave Sandusky off of this list. The man needs to rot in prison and not be allowed to go near another child ever again. Paterno played a role in covering this up, but Sadunsky committed the assaults and will continue to do so if it's ever a possibility. His victims need therapy and support. They need to be the priority and I would love to see every possible resource go into that.

You sound more like a person who hates Penn State and its football program. How can you leave Sandusky off your wishlist?
  • norm wrote:

1969: Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

1977: Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

January 1983: Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football's national champion for the 1982 season.

January 1987: Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football's national champion for the 1986 season.

1994: Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95: Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96: Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97: Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98: Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998: Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

It's almost proper Penn State fashion that their national title wins are included in this timeline.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • There's an article on si.com that says Paterno could still possibly face charges for perjury or obstruction of justice. The perjury charge is probably unlikely since he didn't really lie as much as use vague terminology in his testimony about what the graduate assistant reported to him. The obstruction charge is possible if it's determined that he intentionally downplayed the incident when he reported it to his boss in order to prevent a criminal investigation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... =cf_t11_a6
  • You sound more like a person who hates Penn State and its football program.  How can you leave Sandusky off your wishlist?

I posted earlier in the thread before this happened I never had any animosity towards the program and as with most people I respected Paterno. Now we know everything Joe built has been a fraud just like him. 

It's pretty obvious that Sandusky will spend the rest of his life rotting away in prison. I mean there's no way a jury even one from happy valley would let him off right?  
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    There's an article on si.com that says Paterno could still possibly face charges for perjury or obstruction of justice. The perjury charge is probably unlikely since he didn't really lie as much as use vague terminology in his testimony about what the graduate assistant reported to him. The obstruction charge is possible if it's determined that he intentionally downplayed the incident when he reported it to his boss in order to prevent a criminal investigation.

That right is the part I have a problem in all of this...is his downplaying of what was reported to him to minimize damage to his friend. There's a reason I gather I have a photo of the two of them together at the start of this thread.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I posted earlier in the thread before this happened I never had any animosity towards the program and as with most people I respected Paterno. Now we know everything Joe built has been a fraud just like him. 

It's pretty obvious that Sandusky will spend the rest of his life rotting away in prison. I mean there's no way a jury even one from happy valley would let him off right?  

no, but you do hate the big ten....i'm pretty sure you stated that in anouther thread.

and if you disband the football program, where are the $'s for child services going to come from?

and will he get convicted....who knows....we saw what happened in florida with that crazy chick and her kid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    g under p wrote:
    There's an article on si.com that says Paterno could still possibly face charges for perjury or obstruction of justice. The perjury charge is probably unlikely since he didn't really lie as much as use vague terminology in his testimony about what the graduate assistant reported to him. The obstruction charge is possible if it's determined that he intentionally downplayed the incident when he reported it to his boss in order to prevent a criminal investigation.

That right is the part I have a problem in all of this...is his downplaying of what was reported to him to minimize damage to his friend. There's a reason I gather I have a photo of the two of them together at the start of this thread.

Peace

that's the key as far as joe pa is concerned. if he didn't down play it and reported exactly what he was told...i have no problem with what he did.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I hadn't really noticed Paterno's initial statement when this story broke. He said something along the lines of, "If these allegations are true, we were all fooled." I'd say it's hard to be fooled when he knew about the 1998 investigation and had an eyewitness report another incident to you in 2002. I'm certain that he did not give his superiors the same explicit details he was given. That might be a minor point unless one of the details he left out was the apparent age of the victim. If he failed to make it clear that the boy was a minor and not just someone who may have been of the legal age of consent in Pennsylvania, then that would seem to me to be blatant obstruction of justice.
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Graham Spanier is out
    norm wrote:
    Graham Spanier is out

time to dust off the resume and get it to unhappy valley. sounds like there area few job openings
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Graham Spanier is out

time to dust off the resume and get it to unhappy valley. sounds like there area few job openings

Competition sounds tough. Rumors of Tom Ridge taking over for the time being.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    norm wrote:
    Graham Spanier is out

tommy ridge, our former gov in pa, might be in...
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Graham Spanier is out

Competition sounds tough. Rumors of Tom Ridge taking over for the time being.

wasn't he the guy who came up with the color coded terror warnings? i think 81 has got a good shot ;)
    norm wrote:
    wasn't he the guy who came up with the color coded terror warnings? i think 81 has got a good shot ;)

:lol::lol::lol: He was, that's great. He just may have a shot then.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    we must remain vigilant norm.
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Graham Spanier is out

Sounds like they are in need of a good bystander intervention program :think: If it wasn't 3 hours away in the middle of nowhere I would be peddling my services! :lol:

Sounds like Spanier is still there, for now. Doubt he last the rest of the day though.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    norm wrote:

don't forget he also told us we could protect ourselves from dirty bombs by duct taping our windows and doors shut.
    This will not go over well here but I'm going to post it either way.

http://onwardstate.com/2011/11/09/pater ... hers-hide/
  • 81 wrote:

no, but you do hate the big ten....i'm pretty sure you stated that in anouther thread.

and if you disband the football program, where are the $'s for child services going to come from?

and will he get convicted....who knows....we saw what happened in florida with that crazy chick and her kid.

No eye witnesses or victims that can still speak.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I get it. That is a tough one, and I am sure no-one is being as hard on him as himself.

I think back to a few situations over the years and either regret what I had done or didn't do and wonder if the outcomes would have been different.

Without knowing all the details of what was done/not done by the people involved it is very hard to judge.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    edited November 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

thats pretty awful.

I dont know how anyone could go to that game and cheer, based on what the game and program symbolizes right now.

This is such a horrific crime, and it appears the cover-up has facilitated the program to some degree. That is the hall of nightmares for some people based on some absolutely traumatic events.

I actually think Penn State needs to turf the season.

I do think Paterno is taking too much of a brunt of this. The damage has and will be done to him and his 60 year legacy

but its really shallow to think that attending the game Saturday can be some sort of escape from this
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
This discussion has been closed.