Penn State Scandal

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    Some thoughts come to mind

The press is calling them young boys ... is it a University and the young men involved are 18 years and up?

Are they then consenting adults? ... will this be a defense for the Coach?
    I heard the victims ages are from 8 to 14. The kids were apart of his charity called "second mile" or something like that.
    OMG how did I miss that, it was not mentioned on our news this am.
    It was implied they were students at the U.

Well those are some serious charges...heads will roll and prison in the future.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sandusky and Vick should have to fight to the death.

Hopefully both somehow lose.

Why would you compare these situations?

Both cases are innocent victims being taken advantage of (and with vick, killed)

I have no sympathy for scumbags that act like this. They should be hung by their balls

Vick and his thug buddies bet and partied around dog fighting. If the dogs got killed they did not care.
    You are seriously disturbed yourself if you think dog fighting and molesting a young child are any where near the same thing........
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sandusky and Vick should have to fight to the death.

Hopefully both somehow lose.

Both cases are innocent victims being taken advantage of (and with vick, killed)

I have no sympathy for scumbags that act like this. They should be hung by their balls

Are you going to pull every other child molester/rapist/bad guy into this thread? Start another one please.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Pandora, the one I read about in the grand jury investigative report was said to be around 10 years old

I couldn't read any more after that.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Vick and his thug buddies bet and partied around dog fighting. If the dogs got killed they did not care.
    You are seriously disturbed yourself if you think dog fighting and molesting a young child are any where near the same thing........

they killed a bunch of dogs as well (if they weren't up to fighting standards or didn't do well in their rings). it was more than just dog fighting, they murdered innocent dogs

anyway, not trying jack the thread. my point was that both guys are scum
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Pandora, the one I read about in the grand jury investigative report was said to be around 10 years old

I couldn't read any more after that.

I read the entire report and it is very disturbing what he did to those boys. It is also disturbing that there were people that knew about it, or knew enough of it (JOE P.) and did nothing to stop it.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Below is a summary of the grand jury investigation. The guy has been in charge of a children's charity since 1977 (or as I call it, my entire life). This report is probably just scratching the surface, unfortunately.

(CNN) -- The child sex investigation against retired Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky began in 2009 with the first report of allegations to law enforcement. But allegations and eyewitness accounts, some known to university officials, date back as far as 1994.
    Here's a look at the timeline, drawn from the grand jury report, the Pennslyvania attorney general's office and a statement from The Second Mile, a charity founded by Sandusky to help troubled youth:

1977 -- Sandusky founds "The Second Mile."

1994-1997 -- According to the grand jury report, Sandusky allegedly engages in inappropriate conduct with three different boys he met separately through the Second Mile program. One boy was 7 or 8, another was 10 and the third was 12 or 13 at the time. According to the grand jury report, the now-grown men said Sandusky engaged in inappropriate conduct ranging from touching to outright sexual encounters, including several incidents during the night before Penn State football home games, when the team, staff and boys Sandusky had allegedly invited were staying at a hotel.

1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.

1999 -- Sandusky retires from Penn State after coaching there for 32 years, but stays on as a volunteer and retains full access to the campus and football facilities.

2000 -- Sandusky allegedly showers with a young boy and tries to touch his genitals during overnight stays at the coach's house, according to the now 24-year-old man's testimony included in the grand jury report.

2000 -- Tim Calhoun, a janitor at the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, tells his supervisor and another janitor that he saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a young boy, according to the grand jury report. A second janitor reported that he saw Sandusky and a boy leave a shower room and walk out of the building hand in hand. No one reports the incident to university officials or law enforcement, according to the grand jury report.

March 2, 2002 -- According to the grand jury report, a graduate assistant allegedly tells Coach Joe Paterno that he saw Sandusky in the locker room shower the night before, performing anal sex on a young boy he estimated to be 10 years old.

March 3, 2002 -- Paterno reports the incident to Athletic Director Tim Curley, saying the graduate assistant had seen Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy," according to the grand jury. Later, the assistant is summoned to a meeting with Athletic Director Tim Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz..

While the assistant insists to the grand jury that he told Curley and Schultz that he saw Sandusky and the boy engaged in anal sex, Curley and Schultz told the grand jury they had not been told of such an allegation. Instead, Curley said he had the impression the conduct amounted to non-sexual "horsing around." Schultz said he couldn't remember details, but seemed to recall that "Sandusky might have inappropriately grabbed the young boy's genitals while wrestling," according to the grand jury. Sandusky's locker room keys are confiscated, he is told not to bring his Second Mile participants to campus and the incident is reported to the charity, but no law enforcement investigation is launched, according to the grand jury.

2002 -- The Second Mile learns of the shower incident. Curley tells them that "the information had been internally reviewed and that there was no finding of wrongdoing," the group said in a statement Monday.

2005 or 2006 -- Sandusky allegedly befriends another Second-Mile participant whose allegations would form the foundation of the multi-year grand jury investigation.

2006 or 2007 -- A wrestling coach at the high school where Sandusky was volunteering allegedly surprises Sandusky and the boy "lying on their sides, in physical contact, face to face on a mat" in a cramped weight room. Sandusky jumps to his feet and told the coach the two were just working on wrestling moves, the coach later recalls in grand jury testimony. As time goes on, Sandusky allegedly begins to spend more time with the boy, taking him to sporting events and giving him gifts, including golf clubs, a computer, cash and clothes. During this period, according to the grand jury report, Sandusky allegedly performs oral sex on the boy more than 20 times, and the boy performs oral sex on him once.

2008 -- The boy breaks off contact with Sandusky. Later, his mother calls the high school to report her son had been sexually assaulted and the principal bars Sandusky from campus and reports the incident to police. In grand jury testimony, the principal, Steven Turchetta, recalls Sandusky's behavior as suspicious, and said Sandusky was often "clingy" and "needy" when a student no longer wanted to spend time with him. The ensuing investigation reveals 118 calls from Sandusky's home and cell phone numbers to the boy's home.

November 2008 -- Sandusky informs The Second Mile that he is under investigation, and he is removed from all program activities involving children, according to the group.

September 2010 -- Sandusky retires from The Second Mile, according to the grand jury.
    Friday -- The grand jury report is released.

Saturday -- Authorities arrest Sandusky on seven counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and numerous other charges, including aggravated indecent assault, corruption of minors and endangering the welfare of a child. He is freed on $100,000 unsecured bail. Curley, 57, and Schultz, 62, are each charged with one count of felony perjury and one count of failure to report abuse allegations.

Sunday -- Curley asks for and is granted administrative leave to deal with the charges, while Schultz steps down from his post to retire.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/07/justice/pennsylvania-coach-abuse-timeline/?hpt=ju_c2
  • I read part of the grand jury report and it's very sick/sad stuff. Of course the victims are just that...victims....and deserve remorse. But I can't help but feel pity for Sandusky (or any pedophile) for be wired like that. Could you imagine your brain being as such that you seek sexual pleasure from children? That's a fate worse than death.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    As a Penn State grad and current employee I think I speak for all true Penn Staters when I say that ANYONE who knowingly withheld information about what Sandusky was doing should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And if they were too slick to do anything illegal by withholding information, they should at the very least be excommunicated from the University and disgraced. There is no justification for knowingly allowing a predator like that to continue to mar children's lives - Penn State is bigger than one man or his legacy.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • 1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.

Anyone involved after this point should be held accountable........

Admits it was wrong and promises not to do it again?.......are you serious.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I read part of the grand jury report and it's very sick/sad stuff. Of course the victims are just that...victims....and deserve remorse. But I can't help but feel pity for Sandusky (or any pedophile) for be wired like that. Could you imagine your brain being as such that you seek sexual pleasure from children? That's a fate worse than death.

you make a good point. shame that no-one tried to get him help, seems like a friend should have (JOE P.).

Actually, having said that, I wonder if they did try to help him.
  • 1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.

Unbelievable
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.

He had his fingers crossed behind his back.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Playing devil's advocate, I can see how that 1998 incident (without knowing more detail than what's in that paragraph), could be let go.

Up until that point, Sandusky is viewed as a upstanding guy, who has coached there for 30 years and has ran a charity for 20 years. Granted, no adult should ever be showering with kids, but in a locker room setting, with an open shower room, it's not like there isn't room to talk your way out of that one.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Playing devil's advocate, I can see how that 1998 incident (without knowing more detail than what's in that paragraph), could be let go.

Up until that point, Sandusky is viewed as a upstanding guy, who has coached there for 30 years and has ran a charity for 20 years. Granted, no adult should ever be showering with kids, but in a locker room setting, with an open shower room, it's not like there isn't room to talk your way out of that one.

In what locker room setting have you ever heard of a grown man showering with minors? Perhaps college level athletes after a practice or game. But I have NEVER, NEVER heard of a situation where a grown man or coach would shower with a 10 or 11 year old after a practice or game. The DA, who ever was in charge of Penn State police at the time and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare should all be held accountable for this.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I read part of the grand jury report and it's very sick/sad stuff. Of course the victims are just that...victims....and deserve remorse. But I can't help but feel pity for Sandusky (or any pedophile) for be wired like that. Could you imagine your brain being as such that you seek sexual pleasure from children? That's a fate worse than death.
    I feel no pity ... they let evil in

If you stand for a minute in the perps shoes not a minute that's too long you might get sick
    just a moment you will know the excitement of a devious plan the awful secrets
    the empowerment they felt taking these boys the enjoyment of another quest
    a great evil is there hiding in what they call love
    In my opinion the worst of evils that destroys innocence and lives of everyone involved

I hope this one rots in prison never forgiven

What's up with 100,000 unsecured bail and he's out... This many accusations requires no bail
    no wonder victims feel there is no justice ... there isn't
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    I hope all parties involved get the maximum penalties for their actions or lack of specially that old goat Paterno take a fucking walk you old prick and i mean a walk into a jail cell ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    This story is pretty crazy. I have a bad feeling that what has been leaked is just the tip on the iceberg. Hopefully these kids step forward and speak up so that all parties involved get the punishment that they deserve.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    Why has Paterno not resigned yet what's he waiting for hi's a disgrace ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2011
    In 2002, a college grad student saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a young boy, that student notified Paterno.

Current Penn State wide receivers coach Mike McQueary is an eye-witness in the grotesque Penn State scandal in which former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has been accused of sexually assaulting eight boys over 15 years.

According to the police report, a graduate assistant saw Sandusky sexually assault a boy in the locker room shower of a Penn State facility in 2002. PennLive.com reported that the then-28-year-old assistant was McQueary, who played for the Nittany Lions from 1994 to 1997.

McQueary was said to have told head football coach Joe Paterno of the incident the following morning. The head coach then told athletic director Tim Curley and university vice president Gary Schultz. Attorney General Linda Kelly said on Saturday that despite McQueary's account, the shower incident was not reported to police.

McQueary testified that after entering the locker room to put away some recruiting tapes, he went to the shower to investigate a noise and saw Sandusky performing a sex act with a boy about 10 years old.

Curley and Schultz, who stepped down late Sunday night, denied that they heard from McQueary and now face perjury charges from the grand jury investigation.

As the starting quarterback in 1997, McQueary lead Penn State to a 9-3 record and the Florida Citrus Bowl. After spending 2002 as a graduate assistant, McQueary was bumped up to an administrative assistant with the football program. He has since ascended to the role of wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/0 ... 80260.html

Paterno told the grand jury that the graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, who is now on Paterno's staff, told him that he had seen Sandusky "in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

McQueary later told Curley and Schultz in a separate meeting -- Paterno was not present -- that he witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with the boy in the Lasch Building showers.

Following that incident, Sandusky was told by Curley not to bring children onto the campus, yet the coach was seen at a Penn State practice with a 12- or-13-year-old boy as recently as 2007.

When asked if Paterno or McQueary would have violated Pennsylvania's statute requiring anyone who comes in contact with children in the course of their employment to report evidence of abuse to "appropriate authorities," Kelly said: "That's an interesting question. It might have to be addressed down the line."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... z1d3xpAOmw
    Post edited by Bronx Bombers on
  • Centre County prosecutor Ray Gricar decided not to prosecute then-Penn St. Nittany Lions DC Jerry Sandusky in 1998 after charges of child molestation were made. He never fully explained his decision.

Seven years later, then-district attorney Gricar went missing. His car was found abandoned in a parking lot and his laptop was found in the Susquehanna River, damaged beyond repair. He was declared dead this past July after a fruitless search never turned up his body.

Now, it is very early in the prosecution of Sandusky and it might be a bit of a leap to assume all of this is connected. The one thing that is true, however, is that Gricar's reasons for choosing not to prosecute will almost never be known.

That's not to say Gricer didn't try to find out everything he could about Sandusky. Gricer was said to have led the investigation into the coach himself and even had a police officer hide in the house of an alleged victim while the mother confronted Sandusky. That confrontation allegedly led to Sandusky's admission that he showered with a child.

There is no proof as to whether or not Gricer ever heard about the 2002 shower incident years later.

Whether Gricer decided to disappear and likely kill himself over the Sandusky allegations or something completely unrelated, we'll probably know. That said, police revealed that Gricar's home computer had saved searches for "how to wreck a hard drive" and "water damage to a notebook computer," meaning that he clearly wanted to make sure something never saw the light of day.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... te-missing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

According to the grand jury report there were 2 officers in the house on both occasions when the mother confronted Sandusky who at the end of the conversation stated "I wish I was dead". You can read about the details in the grand jury report pages 18/19.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploaded ... ntment.pdf
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

In what locker room setting have you ever heard of a grown man showering with minors? Perhaps college level athletes after a practice or game. But I have NEVER, NEVER heard of a situation where a grown man or coach would shower with a 10 or 11 year old after a practice or game. The DA, who ever was in charge of Penn State police at the time and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare should all be held accountable for this.....

I gaurantee you no one else was in that shower with Sandusky and in such a scenerio and even if other boys were there it was TOTALLY inappropriate. TOTALLY!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    In 2002, a college grad student saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a young boy, that student notified Paterno.

Current Penn State wide receivers coach Mike McQueary is an eye-witness in the grotesque Penn State scandal in which former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has been accused of sexually assaulting eight boys over 15 years.

According to the police report, a graduate assistant saw Sandusky sexually assault a boy in the locker room shower of a Penn State facility in 2002. PennLive.com reported that the then-28-year-old assistant was McQueary, who played for the Nittany Lions from 1994 to 1997.

McQueary was said to have told head football coach Joe Paterno of the incident the following morning. The head coach then told athletic director Tim Curley and university vice president Gary Schultz. Attorney General Linda Kelly said on Saturday that despite McQueary's account, the shower incident was not reported to police.

McQueary testified that after entering the locker room to put away some recruiting tapes, he went to the shower to investigate a noise and saw Sandusky performing a sex act with a boy about 10 years old.

Curley and Schultz, who stepped down late Sunday night, denied that they heard from McQueary and now face perjury charges from the grand jury investigation.

As the starting quarterback in 1997, McQueary lead Penn State to a 9-3 record and the Florida Citrus Bowl. After spending 2002 as a graduate assistant, McQueary was bumped up to an administrative assistant with the football program. He has since ascended to the role of wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/0 ... 80260.html

Paterno told the grand jury that the graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, who is now on Paterno's staff, told him that he had seen Sandusky "in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

McQueary later told Curley and Schultz in a separate meeting -- Paterno was not present -- that he witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with the boy in the Lasch Building showers.

Following that incident, Sandusky was told by Curley not to bring children onto the campus, yet the coach was seen at a Penn State practice with a 12- or-13-year-old boy as recently as 2007.

When asked if Paterno or McQueary would have violated Pennsylvania's statute requiring anyone who comes in contact with children in the course of their employment to report evidence of abuse to "appropriate authorities," Kelly said: "That's an interesting question. It might have to be addressed down the line."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... z1d3xpAOmw

So let me get this straight....the alledged incident happened on PSU campus is that right? Why was this man alone with a boy in a shower on campus....he should have been no where near that place with a boy or anyone else for that matter. This is getting worse by the minute...too creepy. :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    DeLukin wrote:
    As a Penn State grad and current employee I think I speak for all true Penn Staters when I say that ANYONE who knowingly withheld information about what Sandusky was doing should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And if they were too slick to do anything illegal by withholding information, they should at the very least be excommunicated from the University and disgraced. There is no justification for knowingly allowing a predator like that to continue to mar children's lives - Penn State is bigger than one man or his legacy.
    Very bold....I applaud you :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: ...I would shake your hand or hug for standing up to such injustice...living in a state with two major college programs in smaller towns, I know the influence that a successful head coach has over the entire town and state...I lived through and was witness to the "Bear" Bryant era here in Alabama....people like him and JoePa pull more strings in the university system and town than many of us could imagine....Bryant's son still has major pull as a trustee of the U of A system.

JoePa was always very protective of his players when the big bad NCAA would pick on them....but he can only do the minimum to protect innocent young boys from a sexual predator? Was it because the predator was so closely tied to him? Or was it because the young men being attacked weren't football players for him?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Will we ever be at the point where sports need separate individual showers for the players, especially with children. Predators now come in all shapes and sizes and from money & influential backgrounds. Really sad to see it at the college level.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Centre County prosecutor Ray Gricar decided not to prosecute then-Penn St. Nittany Lions DC Jerry Sandusky in 1998 after charges of child molestation were made. He never fully explained his decision.

Seven years later, then-district attorney Gricar went missing. His car was found abandoned in a parking lot and his laptop was found in the Susquehanna River, damaged beyond repair. He was declared dead this past July after a fruitless search never turned up his body.

Now, it is very early in the prosecution of Sandusky and it might be a bit of a leap to assume all of this is connected. The one thing that is true, however, is that Gricar's reasons for choosing not to prosecute will almost never be known.

That's not to say Gricer didn't try to find out everything he could about Sandusky. Gricer was said to have led the investigation into the coach himself and even had a police officer hide in the house of an alleged victim while the mother confronted Sandusky. That confrontation allegedly led to Sandusky's admission that he showered with a child.

There is no proof as to whether or not Gricer ever heard about the 2002 shower incident years later.

Whether Gricer decided to disappear and likely kill himself over the Sandusky allegations or something completely unrelated, we'll probably know. That said, police revealed that Gricar's home computer had saved searches for "how to wreck a hard drive" and "water damage to a notebook computer," meaning that he clearly wanted to make sure something never saw the light of day.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... te-missing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

According to the grand jury report there were 2 officers in the house on both occasions when the mother confronted Sandusky who at the end of the conversation stated "I wish I was dead". You can read about the details in the grand jury report pages 18/19.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploaded ... ntment.pdf

:shock: :shock:
  • Jerry Sandusky, who's been hit with dozens of charges of child sex abuse, many of them for acts committed while on Penn State's campus and some for acts committed while on the clock, maintained a presence at Penn State up until his arrest, Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel reports.

Wetzel cites multiple sources as saying Sandusky was "working out multiple times" in the Nittany Lions' Lasch Football Building in the days leading up to his arrest.

Penn State banned Sandusky from bringing children on campus after the second allegation was raised against him in 2002. But within five years, he was apparently no longer banned.
    Sandusky maintaining such a presence in Happy Valley means he had to have come in rather frequent contact with both coach Joe Paterno and assistant coach Mike McQueary -- the former graduate assistant who reported Sandusky's alleged assault to Paterno in 2002.

This story started out as revolting and has gotten worse by the hour. And it's nowhere near done.

http://mobile.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal ... ate-campus

Joes press conference should be pretty interesting today, hopefully he does the right thing for once in his miserable life and resigns. 

I hope Mike McQueary is there as well, i would love to know how a 28 year old 6'4 former penn st QB walks in on a 58 year old man raping a 10 year old boy and doesn't even attempt to stop it but instead runs out like a coward. 
    I'm not sure where I read it but there is speculation that the original A.G., the guy that dissappeared, delayed the investigation and dismissed it until after Joe Pa passed the all time win record.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Oh, sweet irony!

It's like if Tressel wrote a book about tattoos in the past, only 1000x more evil. Also, if Joe Pa gets a pass, Tressel should be pissed.
This discussion has been closed.