Circumcision poll - ladies too

Comments

• IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    DS1119 wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:

I'm not talking about you personally. I don't care what religion you are. I'm talking about anybody that uses religion as their excuse for harming another person. "You" as in any other general person.

Circumcision of a male=harm? :roll:

Er...yes. What would you call it? Did you even read the link that i posted yesterday when I actually revived this thread? That was what I wanted to discuss but you followed up in the next post with a bunch of smilies.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    well...from what I've been told and may or may not have observed.., I believe leaving it intact enhances sensation.

If this is indeed true, and had I been uncut, I'd have gone blind by age 18. ;)
    More sensation?! Good grief. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    well...from what I've been told and may or may not have observed.., I believe leaving it intact enhances sensation.

:lol: It adds a whole other layer of sensation...so to speak :shifty:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    IrishGuy wrote:

Er...yes. What would you call it? Did you even read the link that i posted yesterday when I actually revived this thread? That was what I wanted to discuss but you followed up in the next post with a bunch of smilies.

Oh no I'm with you. There's billions of men running around traumatized becasue of circumcision. As a matter of fact I personally met 16 of them yesterday. They were in huge amounts of pain and were seeking counseling to deal with their insecurity and abandonment issues. I'm thinking of starting my own foundation to rid the earth of such cruelty. :roll:
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056

I think you are right. I mean, other parts of my body with scar tissue don't have the same sensation as the healthy flesh. It makes sense that an anteater would feel more. Which sucks for me...
    It doesn't matter whether they remember it or not, it is still infant genital mutalation regardless.
    Hmm. Leave it to the Germans to try and legislate laws primarily only affecting the Jewish and Muslim in that country. Not suspicious at all. :think:
    South Africa already had a ban on it.
    Snakeduck wrote:

I think you are right. I mean, other parts of my body with scar tissue don't have the same sensation as the healthy flesh. It makes sense that an anteater would feel more. Which sucks for me...
    anteater :lol: Good point snakeduck. I'm not really sure why circumcision began. I just googled it and found articles saying it was meant to decrease sexual pleasure in pubescent boys and deter masturbation, and then caught on in the US with the medicalization of childbirth. :? Not sure if that's accurate, but if so I can't see the need for it.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Snakeduck wrote:
    :lol: anteater
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    IrishGuy wrote:

That's another great example. :fp:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    I just googled it and found articles saying it was meant to decrease sexual pleasure in pubescent boys and deter masturbation, and then caught on in the US with the medicalization of childbirth. :? Not sure if that's accurate, but if so I can't see the need for it.

Yep, that is one of the main reasons and frankly all the more reason to outlaw it.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    found articles saying it was meant to decrease sexual pleasure in pubescent boys and deter masturbation

pretty sure that article is wrong. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Snakeduck wrote:

anteater :lol: Good point snakeduck. I'm not really sure why circumcision began. I just googled it and found articles saying it was meant to decrease sexual pleasure in pubescent boys and deter masturbation, and then caught on in the US with the medicalization of childbirth. :? Not sure if that's accurate, but if so I can't see the need for it.
    ya know, comebackgirl
    i did the same thing you did

i googled up circumcision & saw articales on both boys & girls having this done. i couldn't read the stuff on girls getting their private parts (the cl word) semi-removed or fully. a lot of that in Africa.

who the fuck cuts off a girls thingy? wtf is wrong with people?
    is this the same mutilation with cutting a boys dealy off?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    IrishGuy wrote:

Yep, that is one of the main reasons and frankly all the more reason to outlaw it.
    yeah...well female circumcision is designed to do the same thing, so it makes sense. I wonder who looked at that little piece of skin and determined "It must go!" Ouch

81 wrote:
    found articles saying it was meant to decrease sexual pleasure in pubescent boys and deter masturbation

pretty sure that article is wrong. :lol:
    :lol: Well it certainly wasn't effective if that was the reason. Or maybe it was :shock: :shock: :shock:

DS1119 wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:

Do you think you are in the majority here? Circumcised males account for about 30% of the the total population.
    70% of the world are uncut.

Out of that 30%, 70% are muslim.
    I found an article on the internet that the writer claims to have ridden in a spaceship with Abrham Licoln and ELvis Presley.
    chadwick wrote:
    ya know, comebackgirl

i googled up circumcision & saw articales on both boys & girls having this done. i couldn't read the stuff on girls getting their private parts (the cl word) semi-removed or fully. a lot of that in Africa.

All the articles I found seemed to point to the same reasons...deterring male masturbation, tribe superiority (an us vs. them sort of thing), then it was something the rich could do, then it transformed into hygiene, stopping the spread of disease, cancer, etc and now it's just what's done.

ugh I know Chadwick. My best friend does international social work and travels to Africa speaking about female genital mutilation. I'm ashamed to say I've yet to be able to get myself to attend one of her workshops.

DS1119 wrote:
    I found an article on the internet that the writer claims to have ridden in a spaceship with Abrham Licoln and ELvis Presley.
    peer reviewed I'm sure :lol:

DS1119 wrote:
    :lol:

that's funny

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    ya know, comebackgirl

All the articles I found seemed to point to the same reasons...deterring male masturbation, tribe superiority (an us vs. them sort of thing), then it was something the rich could do, then it transformed into hygiene, stopping the spread of disease, cancer, etc and now it's just what's done.

ugh I know Chadwick. My best friend does international social work and travels to Africa speaking about female genital mutilation. I'm ashamed to say I've yet to be able to get myself to attend one of her workshops.
    now i'm sad
    :cry:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    IrishGuy wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:

Do you think you are in the majority here? Circumcised males account for about 30% of the the total population.
    70% of the world are uncut.

Out of that 30%, 70% are muslim.

I don't care about minority or majority. And yes, living in the US I am definately in the majority here. What other countries, religions, cultures choose to do is this business. I couldn't give two fucks what happens in South Africa, Antartica, or wherever. It's still legal here and it's the parent's right to choose. Stop trying to push you beliefs on other people.
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    DS1119 wrote:
    what does that have to do with penises?
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
    chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

that's funny

It's true too. He had pictures but the camera was eaten by Charlie CHaplin.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    dasvidana wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    everything. DS is a dickhead!! :fp: :fp: :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    again i tell story.

my nephew when was born couldn't be snipped w/ standard guage circumcision instrument. upgraded 2 whole sizes. runs in family. nurse does not believe nephews dad (my brother) and says it skips every other generation.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mickeyrat wrote:
    dasvidana wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    everything. DS is a dickhead!! :fp: :fp: :mrgreen:

A dickhead without foreskin. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's still legal here and it's the parent's right to choose. Stop trying to push you beliefs on other people.

Is that your thought on female genital mutalation as well? That it should be up to the parent to choose?

Have you known females that have had it done? I do. And you know what, she thought it was also completely normal and said she still enjoyed her sex life.
    I was horrified by the fact that she'd had this done to her as a kid and against her consent but coming from where she did, it was normal.
    Normal doesn't mean its right.
    IrishGuy wrote:

Is that your thought on female genital mutalation as well? That it should be up to the parent to choose?

Have you known females that have had it done? I do. And you know what, she thought it was also completely normal and said she still enjoyed her sex life.
    I was horrified by the fact that she'd had this done to her as a kid and against her consent but coming from where she did, it was normal.
    Normal doesn't mean its right.

I love how you keep criss crossing the line of male circumcision and disguising it and hiding it behind female genital "mutilation". I'm for whatever the law dictates. If male circumcision is still legal in my country I fully support the parent's right to choose. Stop trying to push your "morals" on other people becasue quite frankly there's quite a bit that could be brought up about Germanys past and present concerning people's own free wills and human rights that could be discussed and we frankly don't need to go there.