Circumcision poll - ladies too

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
a friend of mine refuses to have her baby boy circumcised
she fears causing him the pain

i tried to tell her that she should do it but since i've never had a baby i don't have a clue

i think her son will not be happy with her decision when he starts wanting to have sex

(i've only seen one hooded and see it was all i did)

besides the unappealing aesthetics, aren't there health reasons for getting rid of the schmuck?
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,680
    Have a really good joke (IMO) but not sure if I should tell it here as I could offend some.

Anyways, I think it should be done for hygenic reasons more than anything. The kid won't remeber anyways. I've was hacked and I don't remeber it. Brother just had his baby boy done and he is fine now. Isn't one of the main reasons people may leave the foreskin attached is for religous reasons, not 100% sure about last statement, what I hear.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I had no problem sending my two boys to be "un-hooded". Like a post above says, I don't remember any pain of me going through it.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I had no problem sending my two boys to be "un-hooded". Like a post above says, I don't remember any pain of me going through it.

you could have been spanked repeatedly in the ass causing significant pain when you were a kid and you wouldn't remember now ...

i am uncut and there are no issues health or sex wise ...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    polaris_x wrote:

you could have been spanked repeatedly in the ass causing significant pain when you were a kid and you wouldn't remember now ...

Not true, my old man could whoop an ass. :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • danisdanis Posts: 58
    I had my twin boys circumcised. Not an issue at all.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I had both my boys circumcised and no issues. The only time they cried is when it was done. After that...all was good in their pants.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I see absolutely no reason to do it. In fact, I think it's a bit barbaric.

Hygiene? Please...that what showers/baths are for.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    polaris_x wrote:

doesn't the thing gotta cleaned out with soap and a cotton qtip thing? i have heard that a uncut penis stinks to high heaven.

to the op... your friend is higher than i am.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I had both my boys circumcised and no issues. The only time they cried is when it was done. After that...all was good in their pants.

it is pretty widely accepted that the procedure is in fact painful to the infant .. most doctors now use a local anesthetic or some pain killer ...

the only reason outside of religious/cultural reasons is aesthetics ...
    chadwick wrote:
    doesn't the thing gotta cleaned out with soap and a cotton qtip thing? i have heard that a uncut penis stinks to high heaven.

to the op... your friend is higher than i am.

no ... you just clean it with soap and water like everything else ...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    I see absolutely no reason to do it. In fact, I think it's a bit barbaric.

Hygiene? Please...that what showers/baths are for.

I skimmed thru the article mamasan posted, and chadwick is right, uncut men need to adhere to 'special care and cleaning' it also said that it is another area for STDs to become trapped in...can you imagine...uh, um...well, you know.

cut off the turtleneck.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    My son is 14 and we never considered getting him circumsised. Noone I have ever slept with has been circumsized and I've only ever seen one that was.

If it's being done for religious reasons thats fine. But unless there is a medical need, why do it?

In my eyes you're born with it, it's part of your body, there's no need to cut it off. It isn't unclean, it's perfectly natural.
    when my nephew Zach was born the nurse had to go a guage or two bigger in the size of tool they used. a newborn circumcision tool was to small. my brother then spoke up and said, "it runs in the family."
    nurse replied, "it skips every other generation." :lol: laughter broke out.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I haven't got a penis myself, but I've gotten to know a few up close and personal in my day. Cut and uncut.

Made no difference to me. I never noticed anything rank about the uncut guy.

Glad I don't have to make that decision for someone else.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    i am glad i was cut the moment i was born. although i believe they hacked off more than enough. bastards.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I haven't got a penis myself, but I've gotten to know a few up close and personal in my day. Cut and uncut.

Made no difference to me. I never noticed anything rank about the uncut guy.

Glad I don't have to make that decision for someone else.

agreed!
    :shock:

i've never been with an uncut man myself, but all i've read/heard on the topic...it's perfectly healthy/hygienic to leave uncut. i think it's very much a cultural thing nowadays; as in the US, it's simply considered the norm. i agree that outside of religious reasons, i just don't see any purpose.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I'd say compromise.

Anesthetic and chop.

...if I punched a kid that age, they wouldn't remember that either, but it doesn't mean putting them thru that pain is acceptable. My point of view at least. They're going thru very real pain.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Is there a father in the picture? I don't have kids, but many of the parents I know have made their decision on what the father has going on.

When it comes to sex, its not gonna make a difference as long as it works, and I guarantee he is going to enjoy himself whether he is with someone or on his own.

When it comes to hygiene- everyone has to be aware of what they got going on and how to clean it. Ladies- front to back anyone?

I wouldn't worry about it, either way is safe, clean and effective.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Claireack wrote:
    If it's being done for religious reasons thats fine. But unless there is a medical need, why do it?

In my eyes you're born with it, it's part of your body, there's no need to cut it off. It isn't unclean, it's perfectly natural.

Couldn't have put it better myself :thumbup:

I really don't understand the US obsession with it :think:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Story from a radio station intern talking about his circumscision later in life, so he knows what it's like to be both uncircumscized and circumscized. I remember listening to all parts of this interview and it was enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-bUICt1EEo
    I am a bit irritated by all this hygiene talk.

I feel a rant brewing but I will try to restrain myself.

Suffice to say that I disagree wholehearted with the view that it is somehow 'unclean'. I don't clean up my nose with a cotton bud in case there's some germ up there. I don't do the same with my nether regions. I also won't be cutting off bits of myself just to make it easier to clean.

Grrrrrr ..........
    Actually that probably was a rant.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    How do i know if I am?
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
    Tom K wrote:
    How do i know if I am?

Google images comparison.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Tom K wrote:
    How do i know if I am?

lose about 40lbs and look down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Claireack wrote:

Couldn't have put it better myself :thumbup:

I really don't understand the US obsession with it :think:

idk about "obsession"...i think, simply put, it's been the norm for so long here. i do believe though, slowly, the tide is turning. i've read much on the topic in say the last 5-10 years, and yea....not really a topic of interest for me, haha....so i do think the medical community is saying it's all safe/clean....tho yes, still say to a certain extent, a wee bit more of cleanliness is required, but certainly nothing to worry about!

this whole thing reminds me of an episode of sex and the city, when charlotte was dating an uncut man and she didn't like it. he went and got circumcised, felt like he was a virgin again, and then he dumped her b/c he wanted to try out his new penis with a lot of other women. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• So much ignorance in this thread it is absolutely laughable.

Hygiene is not a reason to hack off a perfectly normal and functional part of the body, providing you shower or bathe every day there really is no issue at all. You guys are quite aware that the majority of the world's male population are NOT circumcised? If you want to take the hygiene route then should we not be removing the external parts of female genitalia? Surely they can harbour germs too? Makes no sense to me at all.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I say snip it.