Circumcision poll - ladies too

15678911»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    I'm glad you guys are so interested in my penis , but no means no!!!!!!! :nono: :nono:

:mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The WHO support the procedure in Africa because of the HIV thing.
    I've personally met a guy with the foreskin not retracting problem, and he told me all about it - he said his doctor told him it's fairly common (i.e. 1/100 kind of thing). And when I looked it up after that out of curiosity, I found some posted on Yahoo! Answers with the same problem (and ashamed to go to the doctors, largely).
    Yes - that makes sense, considering they wouldn't necessarily have the same access to prophylaxis in Africa . I heard 10% as well regarding retracting problems, but couldn't find any documented research on this, just anecdotal accounts. Do you have any links to research articles?
    Sorry. I know I sound like I'm obsessed with circumcision and accompanying issues, but in fact I am not a solid source for non-anecdotal research on the subject of non-retractable foreskin! :lol: :oops: I already know I've gone way overboard on this thread. I think it's time to stop before people start thinking I've got some kind of fixation! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The WHO support the procedure in Africa because of the HIV thing.
    I've personally met a guy with the foreskin not retracting problem, and he told me all about it - he said his doctor told him it's fairly common (i.e. 1/100 kind of thing). And when I looked it up after that out of curiosity, I found some posted on Yahoo! Answers with the same problem (and ashamed to go to the doctors, largely).
    Yes - that makes sense, considering they wouldn't necessarily have the same access to prophylaxis in Africa . I heard 10% as well regarding retracting problems, but couldn't find any documented research on this, just anecdotal accounts. Do you have any links to research articles?
    Sorry. I know I sound like I'm obsessed with circumcision and accompanying issues, but in fact I am not a solid source for non-anecdotal research on the subject of non-retractable foreskin! :lol: :oops: I already know I've gone way overboard on this thread. I think it's time to stop before people start thinking I've got some kind of fixation! :lol:
    I hear ya :lol: I have a few anecdotal accounts myself, just leaning in the opposite direction ;) I'm just interested in seeing current research from peer reviewed sources, but can't find any validating the need for circumcision! I'm sure some must be out there. I do, however, have a fixation :shifty: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I do, however, have a fixation :shifty: :lol:

do you suppose it is the same sort of 'fixation' that men have with breasts?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY wrote:

Similar, but likely further south as well :D
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    hedonist wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Similar, but likely further south as well :D

Just because the judge ordered me to mandatory Jugs Anonymous meetings, doesn’t mean I have a fixation…
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm glad you guys are so interested in my penis , but no means no!!!!!!! :nono: :nono:

:mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol: that is funny

Also a bit of practical advice for those that choose not to chop...teach your kids when they pee in the toilet to roll it back before they go. Man my boys used to make a mess of the bathroom floor...at one stage I was telling them to start sitting down when they had a wee...was so sick of cleaning up the mess...that skin really effects the AIM!

On a serious note...this is not a reflection of the WAY the points on this thread were discussed, but on the actual issues discussed, I am definately on the side now of not cutting. I had never given it much thought...when my boys were born I was wanting them done, but only because I didnt want them to get teased at school. I grew up when most were done and I saw kids cop a hammering for having them...if nothing else I am glad that this type of thing doesnt really happen here anymore

Oh and yeah...PJ Soul and comebackgirl...with regards to the not retracting issue...only anecdotal sorry...but two of our kids had the problem very early...doctors said it is common, but that generally it comes good pretty quickly...this was the case for us...by the time they were about three it was rolling back freely...and with regards to your obsessions...if you are ever needing a subject in order to undertake personal or professional study...I could probably offer my services...for the good of science of course. It also occured to me that, rather than conducting your own investigations and then comparing notes...perhaps a collaborative approach...may save time...kill two birds with one stone so to speak...just a thought?
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
    RKCNDY wrote:

That sounds about right :lol: although I'm sort of fixated on those as well :shifty:
    bindy123 wrote:

Also a bit of practical advice for those that choose not to chop...teach your kids when they pee in the toilet to roll it back before they go. Man my boys used to make a mess of the bathroom floor...at one stage I was telling them to start sitting down when they had a wee...was so sick of cleaning up the mess...that skin really effects the AIM!

On a serious note...this is not a reflection of the WAY the points on this thread were discussed, but on the actual issues discussed, I am definately on the side now of not cutting. I had never given it much thought...when my boys were born I was wanting them done, but only because I didnt want them to get teased at school. I grew up when most were done and I saw kids cop a hammering for having them...if nothing else I am glad that this type of thing doesnt really happen here anymore

Oh and yeah...PJ Soul and comebackgirl...with regards to the not retracting issue...only anecdotal sorry...but two of our kids had the problem very early...doctors said it is common, but that generally it comes good pretty quickly...this was the case for us...by the time they were about three it was rolling back freely...and with regards to your obsessions...if you are ever needing a subject in order to undertake personal or professional study...I could probably offer my services...for the good of science of course. It also occured to me that, rather than conducting your own investigations and then comparing notes...perhaps a collaborative approach...may save time...kill two birds with one stone so to speak...just a thought?
    :lol::lol::lol: Nice try :nono: :mrgreen:

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I ask my GP (who is also a paediatrician) about circumcision recently. He pretty much agreed there are no medical or health reasons to get it done....BUT he believes that all parents should have a choice. There is now only one doctor where I live who does it....and when he moves on, my doctor is actually going to start doing them because he is all about CHOICE. It is actually quite difficult to get a circumcision in Australia now. Not many doctors do it....most are against it in fact. Huge shift from majority of boys being done in 70s/80s to now not many at all.

I asked my doctor if it hurts and he said "YES of course it does! So do immunisations and a bunch of other things you're going to do to your baby. Is it horrific pain? No. It is very quick and doesn't hurt like people say it does....but of course it hurts." At least he was honest.

Everyone brings up the excuse "but I knew someone who had problems with his and had to get done as an adult....etc". I know someone who has had problems with his circumcised penis. So what? My mum even said it to me when I was talking about being unsure about circumcision. "Ohhhh I've heard stories" she said. Oh okay then....better cut his dick off then!" BOTH kinds of penises get problems. My doctor said the same thing.

I think people need to stop thinking that there are health and medical reasons to have a boy circumcised.... because EVERY medical association in the world says otherwise. You are just regurgitating what you've THOUGHT was correct for probably your entire life....but it's just NOT correct anymore. It's more a cultural thing now....not a medical thing.

This is something I've had to come to terms with over the past few months....I can't use EXCUSES like medical/health etc anymore to make myself feel better about wanting to circumcise my future son/s. Those excuses are wrong and pretty much based on old wives tales. The reason I want it is because I personally LIKE circumcised penises over uncircumcised ones. It is ALL personal preference because that is what I am used to. And I have to find peace with that reason before I can go ahead with it. Because right now, I feel guilty as fuck subjecting him to something that unnecessary. I used to be 100% pro....but now I'm right on the border trying to figure out whether my choice is for me or for my future son.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • moemoemoemoe Posts: 72
    :mrgreen:[/quote]

Oh and yeah...PJ Soul and comebackgirl...with regards to the not retracting issue...only anecdotal sorry...but two of our kids had the problem very early...doctors said it is common, but that generally it comes good pretty quickly...this was the case for us...by the time they were about three it was rolling back freely...and with regards to your obsessions...if you are ever needing a subject in order to undertake personal or professional study...I could probably offer my services...for the good of science of course. It also occured to me that, rather than conducting your own investigations and then comparing notes...perhaps a collaborative approach...may save time...kill two birds with one stone so to speak...just a thought?[/quote]

The foreskin is adhered to the glans of the penis until a boy is up to five years old. It's not meant to retract before then. So your little boys having non retracting foreskins before they were three actually means they were completely normal.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I ask my GP (who is also a paediatrician) about circumcision recently. He pretty much agreed there are no medical or health reasons to get it done....BUT he believes that all parents should have a choice. There is now only one doctor where I live who does it....and when he moves on, my doctor is actually going to start doing them because he is all about CHOICE. It is actually quite difficult to get a circumcision in Australia now. Not many doctors do it....most are against it in fact. Huge shift from majority of boys being done in 70s/80s to now not many at all.

I asked my doctor if it hurts and he said "YES of course it does! So do immunisations and a bunch of other things you're going to do to your baby. Is it horrific pain? No. It is very quick and doesn't hurt like people say it does....but of course it hurts." At least he was honest.

Everyone brings up the excuse "but I knew someone who had problems with his and had to get done as an adult....etc". I know someone who has had problems with his circumcised penis. So what? My mum even said it to me when I was talking about being unsure about circumcision. "Ohhhh I've heard stories" she said. Oh okay then....better cut his dick off then!" BOTH kinds of penises get problems. My doctor said the same thing.

I think people need to stop thinking that there are health and medical reasons to have a boy circumcised.... because EVERY medical association in the world says otherwise. You are just regurgitating what you've THOUGHT was correct for probably your entire life....but it's just NOT correct anymore. It's more a cultural thing now....not a medical thing.

This is something I've had to come to terms with over the past few months....I can't use EXCUSES like medical/health etc anymore to make myself feel better about wanting to circumcise my future son/s. Those excuses are wrong and pretty much based on old wives tales. The reason I want it is because I personally LIKE circumcised penises over uncircumcised ones. It is ALL personal preference because that is what I am used to. And I have to find peace with that reason before I can go ahead with it. Because right now, I feel guilty as fuck subjecting him to something that unnecessary. I used to be 100% pro....but now I'm right on the border trying to figure out whether my choice is for me or for my future son.

I guess what you need to think about, is what will be "normal" when your son is an adult. While it might be your preference, based on your experience, for an uncircumcised man, it probably won't be for any potential partner of your son, because it's so rarely done in Australia these days and girls won't have much experience with a circumcised guy. I am 41 and have only ever been with two guys who were cut. Every other partner was intact and based on my own experience, uncut it my preference. As a midwife, having delivered lots and lots of baby boys, I've had three families approach me about circumcision and if I know of any Doctors who do it. That isn't very many at all. This has been the case for a long time in Australia, and the majority by a wide margin of men under 30 are uncut. I think the rate is about 4%? That means most Australian women will never even see one.
    Noooooo....uncircumcised penises are so ugly though!!!! :lol: All these young chicks of today don't know what they're missing! ;)

Sigh....I fucking hope I have girls.

(Moemoe....did you send me dvds a couple of years ago? Meg?)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Noooooo....uncircumcised penises are so ugly though!!!! :lol: All these young chicks of today don't know what they're missing! ;)

Yuppers, that was me :D
    haha, I was just reading a list of reasons not to circumcise..... I won't post the whole thing, there were many valid reasons.

I loved this one though

"So that he can perform the full repertoire of "Puppetry of the Penis" - specifically, the baby bird. One performer, Christopher Cannon, thanks his parents for leaving him intact."
    moemoe wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Heeey!! :mrgreen:(I still want a caesarean though) :lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:

no theyre not zig... theyre like a little surprise package waiting to be 'unwrapped'.

oh and about those girls youre hoping for..... they are trouble. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ZiggyStar wrote:

They look exactly the same when they're erect...I don't have much need for them when they're not :mrgreen:

ZiggyStar wrote:

no theyre not zig... theyre like a little surprise package waiting to be 'unwrapped'.

oh and about those girls youre hoping for..... they are trouble. ;)8-)

But I like to see my present ALL the time! 8-):mrgreen:
    They look exactly the same when they're erect...I don't have much need for them when they're not :mrgreen:

They're a little freaky to me when they're not erect. Well, some are better than others....some are shockers! :shock:
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Come to the Dark Side....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I'm all for it.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359

My eyes are up here. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

My eyes are up here. ;)

:lol::lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

My eyes are up here. ;)

...this thread is the tits.

And Ziggy, good post last page. I kinda feel the same way. If I ever have a boy, I'll just have to let my wife make the decision because I'm on the fence.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    bindy123 wrote:
    belinda27 wrote:
    I always thought the useless piece of skin at the end was called the man? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Beautiful call...

AND if were true...circumcision would be widely accepted, practiced and encouraged...perhaps even MANDATORY...in every country in the world!!!

PS...really nice to see you again team captain Belinda...havent seen you post for ages...since that awesome incredible thread...what was it again...cant remember...damn thing got stopped cos the Americans couldnt say any more nice things about us...and they should know how insecure we are about ourselves down here!!!

nudge nudge.. wink wink.. say no more say more..say no more! :D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    who cares whether a penis is a storm trooper or a terrorist??? .. the important thing is its owner knows what hes doing... and he takes direction well.. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    moemoe wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Heeey!! :mrgreen:(I still want a caesarean though) :lol:

Yo! Above anything else, I am all for informed choice. When the time comes though, look into Hypnobirthing. Sounds whack till you understand it....... and I've seen it work with m'own two eyes.