*** Copenhagen Fanviews here 26/6/07 ***

Comments

• aanen313aanen313 Posts: 12
    What a set list, what a show..
    And what a start whith throw your arms...
    hey ho lets go
  • BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    My second PJ concert and again a great experience. Forum was packed and really hot, i was in second row during Futureheads but got go to back to get air and i stayed there the whole concert.. I know it would have been awesome to be upfront all the time but i know it was better that way than to pass out. Sadly the crowd wasn't the best in middle of the floor, most of the people only cheered or sang when they played Alive or other Ten songs.. it really looked like that many didn't know even World Wide Suicide! I know everybody cannot be hardcore fans and that the situation might be same in every city (in Berlin i was on first row so don't know much about the atmosphere behind me), dunno.

Sound was a bit too harsh and distorted at times but still very enjoyable. Highlights for me were Breath (still waiting for SOLAT!), Light Years, Love Reign O'er Me, Better Man, Long Road, Corduroy... too many to mention. In Berlin i got zero songs from Vitalogy and Singles soundtrack and because they are my biggest reasons for love of this band tuesday night was so huge for me. My fingers are crossed that there will be more concerts and more Vitalogy.. please please please.

Two shows and 45 different songs, i'm a really happy camper. Huge thanks to PJ for making my life so great and giving so much energy and love. Big hand also to fellow jammers and ten clubbers, everybody have always been friendly and helped when i've been confused like in queues at the Forum.. I hope the guys and gals who spent the night at the place were the first who got inside the venue.

By the way, does everybody in Denmark smoke? I have never ever been asked so many times for a lighter, at fourth or fifth time it was just too funny :D
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • DarthLeiaDarthLeia Posts: 33
    Bunuel wrote:
    By the way, does everybody in Denmark smoke? I have never ever been asked so many times for a lighter, at fourth or fifth time it was just too funny :D
    I don't smoke, so that's one non-smoking Dane right there ;) From August 15th it will no longer be allowed to smoke at concerts in Denmark. I'm really looking forward to that!

But to stay on topic, here's a video of the Black tag that I recorded from the balcony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr7AQ1k0J0I
  • spursspurs Posts: 2
    full show up tomorrow on various bt sites - until then ... another teaser :

http://download.yousendit.com/142BE1BE12DC07B4

Spurs
  • Co RivalCo Rival Posts: 49
    It was a great show, but what was it fuck**g warm.
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    spurs wrote:
    full show up tomorrow on various bt sites - until then ... another teaser :

http://download.yousendit.com/142BE1BE12DC07B4

Spurs

Where? I ask because it is hard to find it anywhere. Just a quick PM or something. Thanks!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    As regards the emotion of the show... I think the recognition that what happened at Roskilde was so random, that it could have happened to any one of us, lends a feeling of solidarity withn those who did, and those whose lives have been changed forever by it. I think that gives reason enough to be moved by this show. Not that reason has anything to do with emotions, anyway. You feel them and you don't need reasons. I think it's not just insensitive but actually nonsensical to criticise people because of their emotions. Emotions don't just come through experience, but also through empathy, and that's what I thinmk a lot of people were feeling at the Forum.

As for me, I had met a guy called Jacob in Copenhagen a few days earlier, who had lost a friend at Roskilde and I spent a long time talking with him about what he went through. He really brought out that empathy in me, and if i got emotional during the gig (I got choked up dutring the soundcheck, for Christ's sake!), then it was through having gotten such a personal understanding of how much this meant. And when the lights went up for RitFW and I spotted Jacob up in the VIP area rocking out like it was the last night on earth... well, it'd be hard not to have felt something deep down.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,250
    As regards the emotion of the show... I think the recognition that what happened at Roskilde was so random, that it could have happened to any one of us, lends a feeling of solidarity withn those who did, and those whose lives have been changed forever by it. I think that gives reason enough to be moved by this show. Not that reason has anything to do with emotions, anyway. You feel them and you don't need reasons. I think it's not just insensitive but actually nonsensical to criticise people because of their emotions. Emotions don't just come through experience, but also through empathy, and that's what I thinmk a lot of people were feeling at the Forum.

As for me, I had met a guy called Jacob in Copenhagen a few days earlier, who had lost a friend at Roskilde and I spent a long time talking with him about what he went through. He really brought out that empathy in me, and if i got emotional during the gig (I got choked up dutring the soundcheck, for Christ's sake!), then it was through having gotten such a personal understanding of how much this meant. And when the lights went up for RitFW and I spotted Jacob up in the VIP area rocking out like it was the last night on earth... well, it'd be hard not to have felt something deep down.

Cool story! Thanks for sharing that! I met one of those who died about a month before through a mutual friend and we talked briefly about the upcoming shows (He of course was going to Roskilde and I was going to Hamburg) I didn't know him at all but I'll never forget our encounter..
    I choked up during Long Road in Copenhagen partly because of that memory and partly because I just took a moment to realize that I was standing 15 feet from Eddie who just sounded perfect
    It was a beautiful evening

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • IsilmeIsilme Posts: 8
    This is the first time I post at this forum, so, hello everyone!

It's so empty inside me after the concert, I just want to re-experience it over and over and over again. I don't understand the complaining about the sound in Forum. I thought it was great, but maybe that's because I was standing right in front of the mixing table. Only sad thing was that I didn't see much of what was going on on-stage. If there'd been a couple of screens there, I'd had a much better concert-experience. Next time, I'll be in the front :D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

Nice post... I thought I'd leave that part for you to tell since it's your story and all! :D I still don't understand how anyone can question the emotion. Fuck, the average PJ concert is emotional enough as it is, never mind all that went along with this one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I think it's not just insensitive but actually nonsensical to criticise people because of their emotions.

ooOOoo think you're having a jibe a me there Wolf! I was not criticising nor making fun of people's emotions, and I know I would have 'felt', like the others - mainly because several friends of mine were at roskilde 2000 and it was a long wait until we know all was well).. I was just thinking out loud and was just wondering how the people who attended the show felt. I know there was heartfelt emotion in lots of cases and I don't take that away from anyone, but I'm still wondering if, for a lot of people, this emotive reaction was not exacerbated by the build up (like going to a funeral.. you know it's gonna be sad and you're preparing yourself to cry). I think a couple of posters understood what I meant! On the other hand in Nijmegen, Ed also spoke about Roskilde and the young dutch man who was killed. His family was also there... I may be wrong, but I only saw 1 post mentioning this and not a trace of the word emotion... I know one cannot compare the two but....

Anyway, I guess I could go on trying to explain myself forever, but this isn't the right thread.... a pub with a few beers maybe.
    redrock wrote:
    Anyway, I guess I could go on trying to explain myself forever, but this isn't the right thread
    Agreed!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    here's some pics from the other night:

http://danleri.spaces.live.com/

if you guys know where I can download the show in mp3, please let me know!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Yeah, i suppose that's fair enough, R! Just had to get my 2 cents in.

Still, even at Nijmegen, I felt most people around me (except for the dickheads behind me) really were quite moved by Ed's speech - not in the same way obviously - but the applause for that guy's family was really spontaneous, and heartfelt (or so it seemed to me anyway)

Pints sound good though....
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Another brilliant show - it just keeps getting better for me everytime !!! Highlights were the Throw Your Arms Around Me, LBC, Love Reign, Light Years, Breath, Hard to Imagine, Small Town and Long Road.

It was great to see people again who I'd met in the Wembley Q and Dublin last year. PJ fans are just excellent!

My husband managed to get a Mike pick when he threw a load on Stone's side as he was leaving the stage and I managed to get a towel from Ed!!! Loved the end when Ed got a girl up for Yellow Ledbetter, how cool was that
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
    danleri wrote:
    here's some pics from the other night:

http://danleri.spaces.live.com/

if you guys know where I can download the show in mp3, please let me know!
    Great pics :D I didn't get a chance to put mine up today so monday it is I spose. I've only got one picture from the two concerts... and it's pretty crap :D looks like Ed's running away from me.

Pretty good ones from the few days though :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I've only got one picture from the two concerts... and it's pretty crap :D looks like Ed's running away from me.

well... you know how celebs react to those crazy, stalker-type people... :eek:

;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • spursspurs Posts: 2
    the show is up on 2 sites - please help the ones without broadband ... do b&p's - I'm off on vacation ...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=152572&hit=1

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=630362&torr=true

Spurs
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    spurs wrote:
    the show is up on 2 sites - please help the ones without broadband ... do b&p's - I'm off on vacation ...

Spurs
    Can somebody put it up on a megaupload or rapishare or yousendit sites? Please.
    Some of us cant dl torrents :(
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    spurs wrote:

Spurs

hey man I'm a bit ignorant about this torrent thing, how does it work? can you talk me through the process?
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    danleri wrote:
    hey man I'm a bit ignorant about this torrent thing, how does it work? can you talk me through the process?
    Hey, Danleri. Saw your pics, pretty good :)

seen some familiar faces :) lots, actually.
    and the last few pics with the Swedish girl, Ida are just... :o
    Hey, Danleri. Saw your pics, pretty good :)

seen some familiar faces :) lots, actually.
    and the last few pics with the Swedish girl, Ida are just... :o

thank you! well Ed picked up a cute girl there alright...
    Thanks Spurs.. have a nice holiday! :D
    danleri wrote:
    thank you! well Ed picked up a cute girl there alright...
    Yes, she is very cute, Im not surprised she was up on stage :)

Uhm, in London you mustve been close to me, I was on Jeffs left.
    Nice photos from there too. Im the girl who got Mikes setlist. And threw that stuffed animal to Ed, which I can see on the speaker on your pics :D
    dont recall if we met before the gig.

oh, and sorry for offtopic everyone :o
    spurs wrote:

Spurs

thanks!

you have to sign up for accounts at both of those sites - dimeadozen says it's full at the moment but i've got into the traders den and am downloading it as we speak :D

the bad news is it's downloading on my machine here at work so i won't be able to put it up anywhere else until i get in next week (assuming it completes)... :(
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Yes, she is very cute, Im not surprised she was up on stage :)

Uhm, in London you mustve been close to me, I was on Jeffs left.
    Nice photos from there too. Im the girl who got Mikes setlist. And threw that stuffed animal to Ed, which I can see on the speaker on your pics :D
    dont recall if we met before the gig.

oh, and sorry for offtopic everyone :o

I can't remember right now (tho I remember Mike throwing the setlist and somebody throwing the animal on stage!) but I'm sure if I see you on pics I will recognize you!
  • deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    spurs wrote:

Spurs

Great, thanks!

*thumbs up*
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
    jrd wrote:
    thanks!

you have to sign up for accounts at both of those sites - dimeadozen says it's full at the moment but i've got into the traders den and am downloading it as we speak :D

the bad news is it's downloading on my machine here at work so i won't be able to put it up anywhere else until i get in next week (assuming it completes)... :(

The dimeadozen one doesn't have any full seeders... 15 peers in the swarm! Going slllllloooooooooooooooooooooow.

Tradersden has one seeder and 10 peers... going a bit faster (though I don't think faster is the right word.... let's say 'less slow') My down speed is total crap at 27.9... will be there all day, all night, all tomorrow.... etc.
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Thanks spurs for the link, downloading as we speak.

Danleri whatcha do is just
    a)sign for an account on the traders den.
    B)Then download azureus. (type azureus in google)
    C) Then just left click on the hyper link for the download on the traders den page and choose open with and then find azureus in your list of programs and click on it.
    D) Th files are in FLAC so I donty know what computer you are using, if mac burn to ausio disc with toast, with windows someone else will need to help you with the FLAC end of things.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
    danleri wrote:

go to, for example, the bittorrent website and download the bittorrent program - there's loads of other ones if you look around - and run that... it's mostly
    self-explanatory... ;)

bittorrent is a file sharing system where everyone downloading the same show grabs stuff from everyone else, so the more people downloading the better. but someone has to 'seed'
    the complete set of files in the first place. while you're downloading something you're a 'leecher' but once you complete it you become a 'seeder' as well, and the more seeders there are the faster it is. it's very bad etiquette to download a show and not then stay online seeding it to help others complete....