*** Copenhagen Fanviews here 26/6/07 ***

KatKat Posts: 4,840
edited November 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
June 26, 2007 - Copenhagen, Denmark; Forum
Opening: The Futureheads

Ed pre-set: Throw Your Arms Around Me (by Hunters & Collectors)

Set List: Long Road, Corduroy, Why Go, Do The Evolution, In Hiding, Love Boat Captain, Love Reign O'er Me (by The Who), Severed Hand, Light Years, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Breath, I Am Mine, Small Town, Hard To Imagine, Life Wasted, Porch

1st encore: No More, World Wide Suicide, Down, Once, Black, Alive

2nd encore: Better Man/(Save It For Later), Rockin' In The Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter

If you were at the show, please share your experience here.

Fanview threads will be preserved.
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danedane Posts: 1,062
    Wohooo, first to post!!

First of all, thank you Pearl Jam for coming back!

I was within a few meters of the stage during the first set. They opened with Long road (lost a bet there) an everybody seemed to be calm.
    I expected the first 4 or 5 songs to be slow, but when the first cords of Corduroy was struck the crowd went nuts!
    All the moshing in the first 10 rows was to much for me, so the rest of the 1st set I spend a little further back.

IMO the highlight musically was RITFW. At that time I was on the balcony and it was just crazy to see all the lights come on and people started dancing.
    Another highlight was Eddies speaches towards the end (before RITFW I think) Very respectful.

Once again a big thanks to the band for coming back. As Eddie said we will never get total closure. But the show last night helped the healing.

Edit: BTW Danish musicmagazine Gaffa called Ed a "Gatorade Jesus" and gave the concert 5 out of 6 stars.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Not easy I dont think..In any case I think he has given you one of the best setlists ever (in my opinion), it cannot heal but still... Sorry I wrote even if I wasnt there!
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Some shots from last nite:

http://jp.dk/fotoflash/fotoflash_underhold/article985697.ece

No 6 is awesome...

/F

...again...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,250
    The sound in Forum isn't very good..

And that's the ONLY negative from an amazing AMAZING show!

Insane setlist! I can't get over how great the setlist was at.. WOW!

Eddie is so sincere when talking it gives you chills.. last night he brought tears to my eyes..

I'm a lucky guy to have been there!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    AMAZING! The greatest rock concert ever. It was a special thing to experience Pearl Jam in my hometown. And I must say it was one hell of a setlist.
    my highlights:
    Long road - perfect as an opener, great voice ed has. It started emotional as Ed turned his back to the crowd and wiped his face after the first cord and then satrting the song over.
    Love, reign o´er me - Yes what a world premier.
    In Hiding - just a personal favorite
    Breath - they just nailed that one.
    Porch - wow that was a rocking one
    2 encore incl Ed´s speach about being back in Denmark.He talked about this event not as a closure, but as a way to connect som roads and paths, and then move on. - the musical part of the encore was one big party with a very, very Rockin Free World.

Wow I´m glad I was there.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • HotterHotter Posts: 51
    Absolutely awesome.......:o
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    do i see stoney on the organ???
  • whats stone doing on the organ? :eek:
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Black tag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr7AQ1k0J0I

No More War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93kGiw1xvg

And I forgot to metion that Eddie didn´t drink wine, he had gatorade and water in his bottle. He even offered the bottle to Mike to prove it.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • datsdats Posts: 118
    Some shots from last nite:

http://jp.dk/fotoflash/fotoflash_underhold/article985697.ece

No 6 is awesome...

/F

...again...
    Woohoo...I'm in the third picture, on the right (I'm using a hand as my face)
    Arnhem 08.29.06, Antwerp 08.30.06, Copenhagen 06.26.07, Manchester 08.17.09, London 08.18.09, Berlin 06.30.10
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • sorensoren Posts: 7
    Stone is not at the organ... He is just standing in front of the organ with his guitar ;)
    Julien wrote:

Great shots!

Just a quick question: What type of camera did you use? I assume its not at compact one? What ISO is it?
  • mary-katemary-kate Posts: 16
    Gosh. I dont know how to even begin describing my feelings about last nite. My very first Pearl Jam show (I cant believe i finally got hold of those tickets!!!) ...
    I dont remember even thinking at all during the show. The only thing i remember thinking was "so this is what its like being 100 % happy". My right now very troubled life that was waiting for me back home just dissapeared and i was completely blacked out. Amazing. This is the first time i get this feeling and i want more of it ...
    An awesome emotional experience in more than one way and i know everyone is with me on this.
    Great great setlist, amazing speech from Eddie (BREATHTAKING beauty!) that really touched the depth of my heart and mind and a very cool crowd (except for a couple of very drunk and obnoxious people next to me, who just wouldnt give me and the people around a break and kept pissing everyone off)
    Anyway. THANK YOU everyone who's taken the time to read my hopefully not too emotional (im still totally overwhelmed and will be for a good while) statement, thank you for being there, taking part in making my first Pearl Jam show one worth remembering for a thousand lifetimes ...
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Great shots!

Just a quick question: What type of camera did you use? I assume its not at compact one? What ISO is it?

I used a compact sony camera (cybershot DSC-W55).
    I used the automatic mode and the ISO mode.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • makearnemakearne Posts: 7
    has any one got a bootleg of this show??

looks like it was the best setlist of the tour!!!!
    Dublin '06
    Berlin '06
    Munich '07
  • There´s so many things I would like to say about yesterdays show, but I can´t.. Words fail me.. How do you describe that kind of beauty?

Thanks to everyone who was there, both band and fans, for making last night one of the best nights of my life. Thanks.
  • tofatofa Posts: 51
    Hey, I was not there but what a great looking setlist. Hope you had as good a time as I did in Wembley.
    Wembley 07
    "You'll never walk alone"
    ***** LFC
  • Amazing Show!
    Amazing Setlist!
    I Had An Amazing Birthday!!!

Best Birthday Ever!!!!
    Good-bye for now.
  • one of the best setlists i have ever seen. they played all my favorites
    sick~!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • EisiEisi Posts: 61
    This was one of most amazing hours of my life. The Futureheads did a good job in suporting PJ. Didn´t know they had so many hits but i knew almost all their songs :)

When the lights dimmed and Master/Slave came on i was just trembling.... Then they started with Long Road....... I cried like a baby and im not even ashamed to say it. I was just sobbing standing next to my girlfriend and i was like that for the next 3 or 4 songs :) But i didn´t care though, it´s only so many times you get to see the greastest rock n´roll band in the worl perform less then 10 ft away from you haha :)

The setlist was awesome and the crowd was well aware. All in all a great show and definatly worth the wait :)

P.S my personal highlight of the show was Love reign o´er me, Long Road and Breath.
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • was anyone at this show AND at rosklide?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    was anyone at this show AND at rosklide?

Yes, Rosklide 1992, Roskilde 2000 and @ Forum...
    Julien wrote:
    I used a compact sony camera (cybershot DSC-W55).
    I used the automatic mode and the ISO mode.

In that case: VERY GREAT SHOTS!

Keep it up...

/F
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    pj_denmark wrote:
    There´s so many things I would like to say about yesterdays show, but I can´t.. Words fail me.. How do you describe that kind of beauty?

Thanks to everyone who was there, both band and fans, for making last night one of the best nights of my life. Thanks.
    I agree... when I think about it, thank you is all that comes into my head... thanks to everyone I was queueing with from 4.30am for making it anything but boring... thanks to the band for playing the best concert EVER... thanks to Ed for the tamborine... thanks to everyone around me pointing at me to make sure I GOT the tamborine... thanks to idlewild from the board for giving me his spare wristband and for putting up with my bullshit and my nerves... I'm back at work but still completely overwhelmed... best birthday EVER!!! Thank you :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Amazing show! Happy that Ed catched my danish flag and had it hanging out his back pocket during a few songs. Just too bad they didn't play 'Leash' which was written on it...
    2006: Verona, Berlin / 2007: Munich, London, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Yup....

Fantastic show. It really was. The preset was a surprise. I saw Ed's tech putting out his amp and mic and i just thought... 'yes'

Throw your arms around me was just so nice. The future heads were ok, not to my tastes but they did a good job. Long Road just was the perfect opener, it really gave the show so much meaning and Ed's vocals were just fantastic. Cordurory, Evolution, why go, severed hand. All the rocking songs at the start just blew me away.

Love Reign O'er me awas note perfect. Ed nnailed the vocals, and myself and my girlfriend thought he even got higher in the chorus for the 'Loooovvvvee' part than on the record?!?!?!?

They soundchecked it a few times just to make sure it was perfect.

Breath, In Hiding and Hard to imagine were a total surprise. Other highlights were Black (the crowd at the end just made it incredible) and Marker In the sand, for some reason just kicked ass! Oh and Porch, best live version of Porch I have heard IMHO. Ed did a nice little guitar riff before rather than just start with the normal slow 1st verse.

Yeah... so that was it. Incredible setlist. Ed chocked up during Love Boat Captain. Also his speech was fantastic. I think most people had a tear in their eye after. The crowd and the band applauded the family and friends from the Rosklide victims for a good two minutes at least.

Oh and that girl brought up during YL must feel like the luckiest fan alive right now!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    moho wrote:
    Yup....

Fantastic show. It really was. The preset was a surprise. I saw Ed's tech putting out his amp and mic and i just thought... 'yes'

Throw your arms around me was just so nice. The future heads were ok, not to my tastes but they did a good job. Long Road just was the perfect opener, it really gave the show so much meaning and Ed's vocals were just fantastic. Cordurory, Evolution, why go, severed hand. All the rocking songs at the start just blew me away.

Love Reign O'er me awas note perfect. Ed nnailed the vocals, and myself and my girlfriend thought he even got higher in the chorus for the 'Loooovvvvee' part than on the record?!?!?!?

They soundchecked it a few times just to make sure it was perfect.

Breath, In Hiding and Hard to imagine were a total surprise. Other highlights were Black (the crowd at the end just made it incredible) and Marker In the sand, for some reason just kicked ass! Oh and Porch, best live version of Porch I have heard IMHO. Ed did a nice little guitar riff before rather than just start with the normal slow 1st verse.

Yeah... so that was it. Incredible setlist. Ed chocked up during Love Boat Captain. Also his speech was fantastic. I think most people had a tear in their eye after. The crowd and the band applauded the family and friends from the Rosklide victims for a good two minutes at least.

Oh and that girl brought up during YL must feel like the luckiest fan alive right now!
    hey it was great meeting you :)

I was soooo happy for that girl, she was just in so much shock. I met her at the rock bar afterwards and she still couldn't talk... it was so sweet.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    I can only agree with all that's been said already. The Set list was amazing, with Hard to Imagine as a defenite highlite for me. But why didn't they play anything from No Code? They could have skipped one or two from Ten and put in In My Tree and Present Tense....but still, you can't have it all, and it's among the best I've seen. My friend who isn't (wasn't) that much of a fan is now talking about going to Australia, America or South America to see them...he was like, that guitarist really rocks....and that was when he got introduced to Mr McCready :)

I want more, really bad, and I need it now!!!!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2