Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Linda wrote:
    you are lucky, you know that, dontya? Dont wash it!!!!!!

hehehe! I have to have it cleaned properly , it only smells like ME afer 3 days in werchter now!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    einatshaul wrote:
    hehehe! I have to have it cleaned properly , it only smells like ME afer 3 days in werchter now!
    :eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooo, ya can't wash it :o that defeats the whole purpose!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    This jacket is not use to this kind of treatment, the poor thing should have been hanging on a golden hanger in an expensive hotel right now... Anyway, if anyone has any photos, vids, of this moment I got the jacket, or the tambourine for Helen - Please post links!!!!
    einatshaul wrote:
    This jacket is not use to this kind of treatment, the poor thing should have been hanging on a golden hanger in an expensive hotel right now... Anyway, if anyone has any photos, vids, of this moment I got the jacket, or the tambourine for Helen - Please post links!!!!
    Thanks :o I'd love it! I found one that looks like Ed's on his way over to me with the tambourine... he's only one in his hand and he's heading our direction laughing already... which would be about right :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • IamrebeccaIamrebecca Posts: 30
    Thanks :o I'd love it! I found one that looks like Ed's on his way over to me with the tambourine... he's only one in his hand and he's heading our direction laughing already... which would be about right :o:D
    Oooh, I was stood next to you. haha.
    Becky
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Katowice, Poland - 13/06/07 -- Wembley, London - 18/06/07
    Dusseldorf, Germany - 21/06/07 -- Copenhagen, Denmark - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen, Holland - 28/06/07 -- Shepherds Bush, London - 11/08/09
    MEN, Manchester, England - 17/08/09 -- O2 London, London - 18/08/09
  • knittedknitted Posts: 244
    http://blogs.laweekly.com/play/?p=163

i would count this as a fanview - the guy is obviously a fan!

"Pearl Jam,
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    June 26, 2007
    By Ryan Colditz

This show was 7 years in the making…

While playing at the nearby Roskilde Festival in Denmark in 2000, nine fans were killed during Pearl Jam’s set by the surging crowd. Last night was their first return to Denmark since the event that nearly brought an end to the band, and it was clear the tragedy was still forefront in everyone’s minds. It was a night to honor the nine lost, while at the same time a celebrating life and the long road it is.

Before the show even started, Eddie Vedder brought everyone together when he surprised the early-bird crowd by coming on stage with an amazing version of “Throw Your Arms Around Me.” Following Vedder’s appetizer, The Futureheads opened up with a very upbeat opening set, high in energy that carried through the eentire evening. I had the chance to meet the guy in The Futureheads before the show – they’re an amazing group of guys who lent a helping hand to me and all my friends, making this night one for the history books. Check them out next time they come to town, well worth the time.

What followed was one hell of an emotional concert. Even the big vikings who were in desperate search of a mosh pit to stomp around in were awestruck, dripping in tears rather than blood by what was happening on stage. “Love Boat Captain,” written about the tragedy in Roskilde, directly addressed the horrible accident, while “Long Road,” “Hard to Imagine” and “Alive” brought the 10,000 people from all over the world together as one single voice of strength to get each other through what happened and embrace the night of powerful music with friends all around.

The real jaw-dropping moment of the night occurred when Peal Jam unleashed their the first-ever live performance of The Who’s “Love Love Reign O’er Me.” The classic piano intro was nailed masterfully by the band’s keyboard/organ player, Boom Gasper, and from there Vedder reigned over the entire city for five minutes as he belted out Roger Daltrey-like screams and wails to a shock and awed crowd. You’ll have to listen to the official “bootleg” they will release of the show, but it was bone-chillingly good, with even more passion than the studio version. It’s just one more reminder that even through all the tragedy and sadness, Pearl Jam are still going strong, sounding better than they have in a decade, and are here to stay.

After the first set, which contained one-after-another jams that had everyone going from tears to shear insanity from one song to the next, everyone was spent like an Amsterdam hooker, and the encore sets were more relaxed and fun, as the crowd sang along to “Black,” “Alive,” “Better Man,” and “Rockin’ In The Free World,” followed by another Mike McCready-led “Yellow Ledbetter” to close the show. The band was visibly affected by the warm reception and love from the crowd, and as Vedder said, this event was not meant as a closure to Roskilde, but rather as a way to connect some roads and paths, and then move on.

Not much more can explain this show, no written account could convey the feeling inside that building where fans from all over the world came together for one reason. The nine lost friends we all who were taken too early seven years ago. We miss you all."
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
    beckyface wrote:
    Oooh, I was stood next to you. haha.
    Ooohh... was that you with the short dark hair having a bit of a rough time from the guy behind, and you were with the Irish girl? I was wondering if you'd show up :) .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    knitted wrote:
    You’ll have to listen to the official “bootleg” they will release of the show,
    For now, I'm just going to pretend that the reviewer knows something we don't :) but I doubt it :(

Great review though, obviously a fan... I'm guessing maybe a fan who got chatting to the futureheads and blagged his way in to write a piece or something? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • IamrebeccaIamrebecca Posts: 30
    Ooohh... was that you with the short dark hair having a bit of a rough time from the guy behind, and you were with the Irish girl? I was wondering if you'd show up :) .
    Yep :)
    haha.
    I decided I'd been a lurker for far too long so here I am.
    Becky
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Katowice, Poland - 13/06/07 -- Wembley, London - 18/06/07
    Dusseldorf, Germany - 21/06/07 -- Copenhagen, Denmark - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen, Holland - 28/06/07 -- Shepherds Bush, London - 11/08/09
    MEN, Manchester, England - 17/08/09 -- O2 London, London - 18/08/09
  • NemoNemo Posts: 8
    Copenhagen was only my third PJ show but it was definitely the best! I can't even begin to think of words to describe it with :o I'm so jealous of all of you that got stuff from the band! You're so lucky!! I can't wait to see them again, hopefully they come back soon :)
    Dublin 06
    London 07
    Copenhagen 07
    MSG I & II 08
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    So basically I downloaded the show from a link posted in this thread, and I am grateful for this to whoever posted it, and I will spread the Jam of course!
    The thing is, I know I shouldn't really complain about it but the show was obviously recorded from the right side of the stage, which we all know as "Stone's side", with the effect of basically recording only Stone's guitar and killing Mike's (you can barely hear the man's solos and riffs...). Apart from this problem the recording is nearly perfect, but you know what I mean... So here's my question: Is there anybody out there with a recording in which you can hear both sides of the stage (both guitars basically)? Please don't be shy and post the link! Thanks!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    and Why???? :eek:
    because Ed is a dirty old man (proven by the way he tries to shove everything given to him down his pants, including cuddly toys :eek: ) with a penchant for pretty blond teenage (she's 17) swedish girls ;)
    no I'm not jealous :p (actually I'm not, I'd rather not have 10.000 staring at me)

she's sweet, she was still crying 5 hours llater, we'll forgive her :o
  • Pegasus wrote:
    because Ed is a dirty old man (proven by the way he tries to shove everything given to him down his pants, including cuddly toys :eek: ) with a penchant for pretty blond teenage (she's 17) swedish girls ;)

ha ha now thats a nice opinion :D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:

Not just swedish girls... but yes, definitely young, blonde and pretty... saw him eyeing a couple at Wembley!
  • danleri wrote:
    The thing is, I know I shouldn't really complain about it but the show was obviously recorded from the right side of the stage, which we all know as "Stone's side", with the effect of basically recording only Stone's guitar and killing Mike's (you can barely hear the man's solos and riffs...). Apart from this problem the recording is nearly perfect, but you know what I mean... So here's my question: Is there anybody out there with a recording in which you can hear both sides of the stage (both guitars basically)? Please don't be shy and post the link! Thanks!

I actually had a hard time hearing Mikes guitar during the show. It was often to much distortion and didnt sound as good as Paris last year. Still f***ing amazing show!! =) Down, LBC, and of course LROM where highlights for me. And I got the last poster on the wall! (even though they sold more after that)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    Shite, I watched it yesterday and thought I must send the link to Jenny but then thought I'll find it no problem today :o and I can't... it's here somewhere Jenny :o

Can someone find the link? I'm interested too :P
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Pegasus wrote:
    because Ed is a dirty old man (proven by the way he tries to shove everything given to him down his pants, including cuddly toys :eek: )
    Hahaha, well, Im not underaged so... :p
    I made him do dirty things, lol
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Hahaha, well, Im not underaged so... :p
    I made him do dirty things, lol

I wish i could make him do dirty things. But i'm not sure he'd be too interested in a curly haired 21yr old guy,
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• I wish i could make him do dirty things. But i'm not sure he'd be too interested in a curly haired 21yr old guy,

well who knows, he might have some hidden depths... ;)
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    well who knows, he might have some hidden depths... ;)

I can but dream.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    I actually had a hard time hearing Mikes guitar during the show. It was often to much distortion and didnt sound as good as Paris last year. Still f***ing amazing show!! =) Down, LBC, and of course LROM where highlights for me. And I got the last poster on the wall! (even though they sold more after that)
    '
    I could hear his guitar very clearly. At the beginning of the concert I was standing on the right hand side 30 meters away from Stone. The sound was shit, so I moved a little bit passed Eddie towards mikes side while I held the distance from the stage, Result: better sound! Alot better!
    I will swallow poison
    Pegasus wrote:
    because Ed is a dirty old man (proven by the way he tries to shove everything given to him down his pants, including cuddly toys ) with a penchant for pretty blond teenage (she's 17) swedish girls ;)
    no I'm not jealous :p (actually I'm not, I'd rather not have 10.000 staring at me)

she's sweet, she was still crying 5 hours llater, we'll forgive her :o
    I like the fact that nothing else seems to FIT down his pants :)

Anyway I have it on good authority that Ed and Ida did nothing more than hold hands and sing to eachother... so I think he's pretty safe :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Pegasus wrote:
    because Ed is a dirty old man (proven by the way he tries to shove everything given to him down his pants
    Should've thrown my mullet at him, then.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Hi there Australian Pissing Guy........we wrote a song in the 10c line and you were in it? Do you remember that?
    Good times!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Even better- I remember the Danish translation :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    PJPixie wrote:
    Hi there Australian Pissing Guy........we wrote a song in the 10c line and you were in it? Do you remember that?
    Good times!!
    I have a picture of that being sung :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Found the link:

http://ekstrabladet.tv/flash/article313137.ece

*cringes at self*
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Found the link:

http://ekstrabladet.tv/flash/article313137.ece

*cringes at self*
    :D:D:D:D You were grand... first up too... pretty impressive :)

Jenny's famous now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life