*** Copenhagen Fanviews here 26/6/07 ***

12345679»

Comments

• Lemme start by saying:

We were 5, in a van, driving around a foreign continent through 4 different countries, all of which spoke different languages, low on funds, and in desperate need of a nice warm shower!

We started out with tickets to Dusseldorf, Nijmegen, and Werchter. Copenhagen was purely wishful thinking because we didn't have the money to buy scalped tickets, if there were any, not to mention the gas that it would take to drive up there and back for the other concerts. In a group vote, we decided we would risk the Copenhagen trip.

At this point, whether you believe in God, Allah, Buddha, or Yourself, Navigation came from somewhere, and it is HOLY! We found ourselves in Denmark a day before the concert. Before we could worry about trying to find tickets that we didn't even think existed, we needed a place to stay. As I punched the parameters into our Navi, whom we called "Bitch" for interrupting our looped PJ bootlegs at every turn, I thought to myself, shit, this thing is going to lead us to an expensive hotel and we won't be able to afford it... Then, one of my genius friends said, well, let's go to the first one that pops up on the Navi list and ask for the closest hostel. Great Idea! Thank you genius friend (I believe that was Coldie, but it could have been Jazz or Tiff).

Winding our way through the streets of Copenhagen in our rented mercedes van, we decided to pull over and have a beer at a pub before we went through the laborious process of finding the cheapest place to lay our heads down for the night. The pub consisted of 2 loony dutchman, 1 Irish bartender, and us Loony American PJ fanatics. Claaaaaaaasic! The beer was Guinness and the currency was Kronners...

Alas, we find the 'first hotel on the list.' Van parked, Coldie and I approach the Hotel. En route, we pass by another van with the back doors fully ajar and see what appears to be a stack of guitar cases, various amplifiers and music equipment. Coldie and I look at each other with a half-hearted smile thinking to ourselves, "of course, a band from out of town playing a gig tonight. Copenhagen must be full of 'em"...

We approach the front desk for information on a local hostle. Before I could finish my first sentence with the hotel clerk, I hear Coldie say, "Pearl Jam" with a response in a trite English accent "ah, yes, Pirl Jam. Ya, we're openin' for them tomorrow night", in which Coldie responds, "Really, Futureheads. Nice." The conversation ensues. One of them asks where we're stayin' to which the response was "HERE, OF COURSE." As the conversation continues, with every earnest desire to control ourselves, the Futureheads guitarist, Ross (Millard), asks if we want to be put on their guest list........!!!!!!!!!!! The rest is HISTORY, as they say!

I will be on my death bed and be able to recount the entire 2 days I spent in Denmark for PJ's show and the serendipitous nature with which we were able to see it! And of course, this thread tells you how much that show meant!

PS. I wish I had a bootleg of the Futurehead Copenhagen set because they actually dedicated one of their songs to "the Americans staying in their Hotel". Whether you like the Futureheads or not, they are freaking amazing guys! Thanks again Ross!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Lemme start by saying:

We were 5, in a van, driving around a foreign continent through 4 different countries, all of which spoke different languages, low on funds, and in desperate need of a nice warm shower!

We started out with tickets to Dusseldorf, Nijmegen, and Werchter. Copenhagen was purely wishful thinking because we didn't have the money to buy scalped tickets, if there were any, not to mention the gas that it would take to drive up there and back for the other concerts. In a group vote, we decided we would risk the Copenhagen trip.

At this point, whether you believe in God, Allah, Buddha, or Yourself, Navigation came from somewhere, and it is HOLY! We found ourselves in Denmark a day before the concert. Before we could worry about trying to find tickets that we didn't even think existed, we needed a place to stay. As I punched the parameters into our Navi, whom we called "Bitch" for interrupting our looped PJ bootlegs at every turn, I thought to myself, shit, this thing is going to lead us to an expensive hotel and we won't be able to afford it... Then, one of my genius friends said, well, let's go to the first one that pops up on the Navi list and ask for the closest hostel. Great Idea! Thank you genius friend (I believe that was Coldie, but it could have been Jazz or Tiff).

Winding our way through the streets of Copenhagen in our rented mercedes van, we decided to pull over and have a beer at a pub before we went through the laborious process of finding the cheapest place to lay our heads down for the night. The pub consisted of 2 loony dutchman, 1 Irish bartender, and us Loony American PJ fanatics. Claaaaaaaasic! The beer was Guinness and the currency was Kronners...

Alas, we find the 'first hotel on the list.' Van parked, Coldie and I approach the Hotel. En route, we pass by another van with the back doors fully ajar and see what appears to be a stack of guitar cases, various amplifiers and music equipment. Coldie and I look at each other with a half-hearted smile thinking to ourselves, "of course, a band from out of town playing a gig tonight. Copenhagen must be full of 'em"...

We approach the front desk for information on a local hostle. Before I could finish my first sentence with the hotel clerk, I hear Coldie say, "Pearl Jam" with a response in a trite English accent "ah, yes, Pirl Jam. Ya, we're openin' for them tomorrow night", in which Coldie responds, "Really, Futureheads. Nice." The conversation ensues. One of them asks where we're stayin' to which the response was "HERE, OF COURSE." As the conversation continues, with every earnest desire to control ourselves, the Futureheads guitarist, Ross (Millard), asks if we want to be put on their guest list........!!!!!!!!!!! The rest is HISTORY, as they say!

I will be on my death bed and be able to recount the entire 2 days I spent in Denmark for PJ's show and the serendipitous nature with which we were able to see it! And of course, this thread tells you how much that show meant!

PS. I wish I had a bootleg of the Futurehead Copenhagen set because they actually dedicated one of their songs to "the Americans staying in their Hotel". Whether you like the Futureheads or not, they are freaking amazing guys! Thanks again Ross!

SERENDIPITY: a fortunate accident.

That is the perfect WORD for that trip to Denmark!!
    I will never ever forget one minute of that trip!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Lemme start by saying:

:D I remember the dedication, I think you were standing a little behind me just to my left... did you have the tiny tambourine also that you threw on stage at the end?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • :D I remember the dedication, I think you were standing a little behind me just to my left... did you have the tiny tambourine also that you threw on stage at the end?

AHHHHHH HAHAHAHA! YES! That was me! That tambourine actually made it into Eddie's pants if you can believe it! My friend Jazz chucked the thing on stage right at her man, El Jeffe, and he picked it up and showed Ed. There was a Sharpied message on it that read "I'LL TRADE YOU". Ed seemed to get a kick out of it and in a fit of Denmark delirium, he shoved it in his pants as if to mimic it as a tambourine condom.

There is no end to the euphoria of this concert, and this trip in general!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    AHHHHHH HAHAHAHA! YES! That was me! That tambourine actually made it into Eddie's pants if you can believe it! My friend Jazz chucked the thing on stage right at her man, El Jeffe, and he picked it up and showed Ed. There was a Sharpied message on it that read "I'LL TRADE YOU". Ed seemed to get a kick out of it and in a fit of Denmark delirium, he shoved it in his pants as if to mimic it as a tambourine condom.

I saw that!
    I remember thinking: The man is really shoving ANYTHING down his pants!
    (after the Wembley stuffed toy 'incident' ..ask Cropdustress ;))
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Pegasus wrote:
    I saw that!
    I remember thinking: The man is really shoving ANYTHING down his pants!
    (after the Wembley stuffed toy 'incident' ..ask Cropdustress ;))
    In hindsight, knowing full well what happened in Wembley, maybe I should've thrown my mullet at Ed.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • AHHHHHH HAHAHAHA! YES! That was me! That tambourine actually made it into Eddie's pants if you can believe it! My friend Jazz chucked the thing on stage right at her man, El Jeffe, and he picked it up and showed Ed. There was a Sharpied message on it that read "I'LL TRADE YOU". Ed seemed to get a kick out of it and in a fit of Denmark delirium, he shoved it in his pants as if to mimic it as a tambourine condom.

:D yep, I remember it well, it was hilarious :D

I got a real tambourine that night :)

I'm the middle girl in this pic... the girl to the right got Mikes jacket and the girl to the left got Mikes tshirt :D . I think everyone did pretty well that night :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=301181&l=1afd3&id=648930914
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Hinny wrote:
    In hindsight, knowing full well what happened in Wembley, maybe I should've thrown my mullet at Ed.
    :eek:
    NO! :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610

I'm the middle girl in this pic... the girl to the right got Mikes jacket and the girl to the left got Mikes tshirt :D . I think everyone did pretty well that night :D

Mike has no problems giving stuff out, but when one of us gives him something to put on his head, he failed!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Hinny wrote:
    Mike has no problems giving stuff out, but when one of us gives him something to put on his head, he failed!
    awwww... he probably just feels uncomfortable accepting gifts... or maybe he can't play with a mullet!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754

ooh..Cato isn't tagged in that photo!
  • Pegasus wrote:
    ooh..Cato isn't tagged in that photo!
    :eek: must get on to that immediately :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    Great show. The best Throw your arms around me ever? Perhaps I'd say.

Any rumours of this being a vault release? It should be.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"