*** Copenhagen Fanviews here 26/6/07 ***

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I still get teary eyed when I think about the show.. it was all so emotional. all the band members wiping their tears, it broke my heart.. but not in an all bad way. you can't fix anything that isn't broken first.

amazing amazing show.. I cried till I had no more tears left.

the crowd was a bit rough though. so a thank you goes to the security for being very efficient in picking people from the crowd. and it was probably the most laid back and funniest security I've ever seen. :D one of them was even starting chants before PJ came onstage.

I now have a bruise about the size of the palm of my hand on my ribs but I don't mind.

I have no more words left. what a perfect way to end my short and sweet PJ tour this year. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • oxypoetoxypoet Posts: 56
    makearne wrote:
    has any one got a bootleg of this show??

looks like it was the best setlist of the tour!!!!

I tracked down an mp3 of the song premiere, if anyone's interested. Up on my blog: http://oxypoet.blogspot.com/2007/06/pearl-jam-in-copenhagen-june-26-2007.html

Great poster too!
    7/9/03, MSG II
    5/4/06, Letterman Aftershow
    6/1/06, East Rutherford
    6/3/06, East Rutherford
    6/25/08, MSG II
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    anybody has an extra poster for me ???
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    eMMI wrote:
    I still get teary eyed when I think about the show.. it was all so emotional. )
    I would like to ask those who have attended this show a question, and please... it's just a question.. I'm not putting anyone down or anything, but....

There have been a number of people going on about how emotional it was, how they cried (to songs they would not cry to at another gig!), etc.. A bit like eMMI here....

I'm wondering.. since EVERYONE was going on and on about how emotive and poignant this show was going to be, have we not psyched ourselves into tears and uber-emotion (a bit like mass-hysteria phenomenon.. but obviously not as bad!)? I know there was the shadow of Roskilde, but I would have thought their first festival gig after the disaster would have been the most emotional and unnerving rather than an indoor concert, albeit in the country. I can understand the band feeling something because they had spoken to the families of the deceased, but I guess hardly anyone knew the families were there.....

Somehow, I'm not understanding all these tears and everything (except maybe for LBC). To me this is a bit being like scared before seeing a horror movie, in the anticipation of what you will be seeing...

Sorry if I offended anyone... :o Please don't hit me or throw a cup full of wee at me! Those that know me know I'm a good person, way down deep!
    redrock wrote:
    I would like to ask those who have attended this show a question, and please... it's just a question.. I'm not putting anyone down or anything, but....

There have been a number of people going on about how emotional it was, how they cried (to songs they would not cry to at another gig!), etc.. A bit like eMMI here....

I'm wondering.. since EVERYONE was going on and on about how emotive and poignant this show was going to be, have we not psyched ourselves into tears and uber-emotion (a bit like mass-hysteria phenomenon.. but obviously not as bad!)? I know there was the shadow of Roskilde, but I would have thought their first festival gig after the disaster would have been the most emotional and unnerving rather than an indoor concert, albeit in the country. I can understand the band feeling something because they had spoken to the families of the deceased, but I guess hardly anyone knew the families were there.....

Somehow, I'm not understanding all these tears and everything (except maybe for LBC). To me this is a bit being like scared before seeing a horror movie, in the anticipation of what you will be seeing...

Sorry if I offended anyone... :o Please don't hit me or throw a cup full of wee at me! Those that know me know I'm a good person, way down deep!

I think what you say is not false...
    The show was emotional, nobody may say it was not the case.
    But it's clear that we were "prepared" to this emotion and that it certainly had influence on our feelings...

But what an amazing show ! :D
    Julien wrote:
    I think what you say is not false...
    The show was emotional, nobody may say it was not the case.
    But it's clear that we were "prepared" to this emotion and that it certainly had influence on our feelings...

But what an amazing show ! :D

I'm sure it was!!! Would have loved to be there! :D
    redrock wrote:
    I'm sure it was!!! Would have loved to be there! :D
    coming to Werchter ?
  • flipflopflipflop Posts: 3
    redrock wrote:

I was at Roskilde in 92 and 00.

First show was cut short because Eddie had had his (very personal and work) diary stolen in Sweden the day before. Band wasn't happy, show lasted 45m - I got to grope Eddie's left thigh as he crowd-surfed. Got show but... cut short.

00 - 9 people died at my 10th Roskilde festival, have attended since 1990 and it's my home away from home. Of all the bands and of all the places... I've very often been up front and up front in crazy, scary situations but the crowd has always helped each other out. Gotten people up who'd fallen down, that sort of thing. If you wanted out, the crowd would open for you no matter how fucked up it was up front. Always very re-affirming my faith in human beings being at shows at Roskilde.

07 - The chance for a full show at last + the emotional bagage many of us carried since 00. I've never really 'dealt with' it like I maybe should have and at random times in the years between 00 and 07 I've gotten emotional when thinking about 00, hearing certain songs. The day before Forum I was reading up on things and got linked up through a newspaper site - which I why I logged on wanting to share this with somebody. Didn't get approved till it was too late though :lol: But yeah, Roskilde 00 will never leave me as a person. The Forum show was a great release though and yes, very emotional. I didn't cry at the show but got emotional a few times, I think I did my crying reading up on the band and the story before the show - not from being carried away by a mass-hysteria thing but because I've carried the 00 show around with me for so long.

One thing was calling my mom after the Roskilde thing - hearing her say she was so worried for me, knowing I'm there year after year, always up front. That kinda stuff. The ones who died and the ones who got away.

As it happened I wasn't up front at the 00 show but no reason why I couldn't have been like in 92. And of all the venues it happened at Roskilde which has always been a very safe festival with - not least - 1,000s and 1,000s of guests always conducting themselves exemplary. Except for that one night. Knowing the up-front crowd so intimately it still shocks me.

But hey, I'll stop now - just to say yes, some of us carry some bagage from the '00 Roskilde show. Forum was a great release but just like Eddie said, it will never end.
    Julien wrote:
    coming to Werchter ?
    I would have loved to Julien, but big family reunion on my husband's side... his parents golden wedding anniversary!
  • deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    redrock wrote:

I've only seen guys my own age cry at two conserts... Roskilde 2000 and in Copenhagen tuesday night...for different reasons or not...shure this brings back memories to both the fans and the band...

...but as you say we might go the show expecting it be emotional...if we do, it will, and it was...

Cheers...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
    flipflop wrote:
    But hey, I'll stop now - just to say yes, some of us carry some bagage from the '00 Roskilde show. Forum was a great release but just like Eddie said, it will never end.

Obviously, it is very different for those who were at Roskilde 2000 or who had friends and family there and worried about them..... I'm not taking your emotion away from you.....

I was talking about the 'general mass' of people at The Forum.
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    redrock wrote:

I was tearful and I wasn't even there :o

I really sympathize with the people who lost their loved ones and with the people who were injured or scarred in any way (including the band).

I think the fact that Pearl Jam was once more performing on Danish soil made a lot of people think about these things, hence the heightened emotion. Also, there was a bigger concentration of people who were actually in Roskilde when it happened. Of course, the people who weren't at Roskilde in 2000 were aware of this too and would've picked up on the emotion...

The one thing that got to me a bit was that I got the idea some people had travelled to the concert just because they wanted an amazing setlist. That seemed a bit dubious to me. But I'm probably just too sensitive ;)
    EDIT: Trying to make sense of myself here. I don't mean it's wrong to want an amazing setlist, just that speculating about which songs they might play to deal with these particular emotions seems a bit dark...
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • flipflopflipflop Posts: 3
    redrock wrote:
    Obviously, it is very different for those who were at Roskilde 2000 or who had friends and family there and worried about them..... I'm not taking your emotion away from you.....

You're saying that only the bereaved families can or should get emotional about this? I think I know what you're saying - at least I hope so. If you weren't there in '00 you should treat Forum '07 just like any other show?

I think you're trying to differentiate 'levels of emotions' here and last I heard that wasn't possible. Sure, the directly affected hurt the most but... if you want to take it further than that you're halfway saying that others not involved with that night in '00 are idiots for feeling emotional about Forum '07?

That's a mighty fine line you're walking there, buddy ;)
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I'm so jealous
    flipflop wrote:
    You're saying that only the bereaved families can or should get emotional about this? I think I know what you're saying - at least I hope so. If you weren't there in '00 you should treat Forum '07 just like any other show?

I think you're trying to differentiate 'levels of emotions' here and last I heard that wasn't possible. Sure, the directly affected hurt the most but... if you want to take it further than that you're halfway saying that others not involved with that night in '00 are idiots for feeling emotional about Forum '07?

That's a mighty fine line you're walking there, buddy ;)

You misunderstood me.. and I'm not buddy...

Though I am differentiating levels of emotions.... One who lived through a tragedy or happy event (and was directly affected by said event) will always be more emotionally attached to that tragedy (or happy event!) than one who hasn't. I did not say that anyone was an idiot.. I did wonder if a lot of it was a result of self-conditioning.. When Eddie cried at Reading (first festival after roskilde.. all went well), overcome with emotion, it was an 'aawwww.... bless' reaction. No one cried with him.... Anyway.. I will not argue.. others above have understood what I meant..

Riot Rain.. as you rightly say, there were a number of people to went to Copenhagen expecting to have an amazing setlist... thinking the band will save some incredible stuff because......

Anyway... it seemed like a great gig and I'm sorry I could only make Wembley (though damn happy I could do even just one!)
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:

Are you honestly saying you wouldn't have been emotional if you were there? :confused: I know it's easy to imagine that we're all a big bunch of drama queens but it's seriously hard to bottle the emotion from the other night and put it into words.

We all knew the family and friends were there. Eddie said earlier how it was a hard decision to make to come back to Denmark. there was a lot of press around from early on... interviewing people outside. Songs like long road and LBC could have me in tears at any other concert but to be there in front of so many people who were directly affected by roskilde, with songs like that being played, with the band in tears in front of you, knowing there's a good chance some of those 9 would be standing there with us had it never happened. Sorry, I love ya and all, but I'm really finding it hard to understand how somebody could ask a question like that. I'm guessing there wasn't ONE person there who didn't well up at some stage.

Those who were there in 2000 were no different than any of us who were there Tuesday night... except some of them didn't come home.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Throw Your Arms Around Me...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    hey it was great meeting you :)

I was soooo happy for that girl, she was just in so much shock. I met her at the rock bar afterwards and she still couldn't talk... it was so sweet.

Great meeting you too!

Yeah she was really in complete and utter shock. But i remember her sitting in the monitor and singing YL back to Ed and it just sumed up the entire night. It really was an emotional gig.

We couldn't find anyone after the gig who knew where that bar was! So we went to a bar down the road instead, I think i found that Blues bar you were on about last night though. Was it a tiny boxy place lit by candles and did it have red walls? Maybe it wasn't the same place but it also stayed open untill 5 am. Getting up for our flight was difficult :D
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I wasn't there, but I agree with RedRock on some level. I don't understand how Ed couldn't see this as closure, I bet it is for those of us who weren't there, and maybe some of us who were. I do agree it is a path, many who attended or followed the show had different paths to get there.

I was worried, quite frankly. Not worried that something bad would happened. Just worried, that's all. I remember the front page news in Seattle when the 2000 show happened. Things like this have ghosts to confront. Maybe it was just me. Empathy isn't so bad, eh? I wasn't in their shoes, I was standing next to their shoes.

On the flipside, it was a concert, possibly no more or no less for some. I don't see how it could be just a concert. There was a barrier to cross, and the fans, at least me, were in some level sending good energy to the people there to have a great time at a concert. I'm not usually so focused about a concert. I really wished the best for this one.

So, was it a metaphor, and not a concert? It was ultimately a concert first. The meaning of it beyond the 2 or so hours is defined by those who exert the energy to make it meaningful.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    moho wrote:
    Great meeting you too!

Yeah she was really in complete and utter shock. But i remember her sitting in the monitor and singing YL back to Ed and it just sumed up the entire night. It really was an emotional gig.

We couldn't find anyone after the gig who knew where that bar was! So we went to a bar down the road instead, I think i found that Blues bar you were on about last night though. Was it a tiny boxy place lit by candles and did it have red walls? Maybe it wasn't the same place but it also stayed open untill 5 am. Getting up for our flight was difficult :D
    that sounds like the same place... what did you think of it?

I missed my flight :o had to get a later one... and for some reason they didn't charge me for it :) obviously cos I was wearing my PJ tshirt.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    that sounds like the same place... what did you think of it?

I missed my flight :o had to get a later one... and for some reason they didn't charge me for it :) obviously cos I was wearing my PJ tshirt.

It was a great little place, and really cheap we got a pint of beer and glass of wine for around 5 euro. It was buzzy too, there was plenty in. Missed your flight! hhaha excellent! Love it, good birthday then eh?
    moho wrote:
    It was a great little place, and really cheap we got a pint of beer and glass of wine for around 5 euro. It was buzzy too, there was plenty in. Missed your flight! hhaha excellent! Love it, good birthday then eh?
    best birthday EVER! Got a tamborine too... in case you missed all of my many posts saying that :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:

well, I must say.. the fact that I cried so much had to do with the songs they played (I get teary eyed easily), what the songs made me think about, the fact that it was my last show of this tour (last time seeing some of my friends for a while) and of course it had to do with the past.

it would have been an emotional show for me no matter what. but I do admit it, maybe it would have been a little less tearful had there not been the shadow of Roskilde behind it.

I hope I'm making myself clear here.. :o and I wasn't offended with what you said. in fact, I do find it odd/"irritating" (using that in loss of a better word) for people to have chosen that show because of the past, just to see what was going to happen and so on..

well, I lost my trail of thought now. anyway, I think that's pretty much all I wanted to say..
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    best birthday EVER! Got a tamborine too... in case you missed all of my many posts saying that :D

No i didn't miss them! Well done! That was really funny when Jeff handed Ed the mini tambourine that was thrown up.

In fact I gotta say the guys were in a really good mood during the entire show. Ed smiled a lot at the crowd during the songs and they were joking among themselves, Ed handing Mike the gatorade and Mike pretending to be drunk was the best example. Also Stone had a good laugh with the girl that came up on stage. Matt looked happy too.
  • Wow, I was blown away. Don't feel like writing much else now, but luckily youtube has some clips already. (Are they allowed here?) Well,this is a short one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be8EqBPDCUc
  • jalamantajalamanta Posts: 1
    Wasn't supposed to go at first, but my friend called me monday evening and said that there was a ticket over for me. I'm soooo happy for that.

Been a PJ-fan for a very long time, but this is the first time I saw them and my expectations were more than met. Absolutely the best concert I've been on, no doubt. Such a good setlist I could cry, and of course you get emotional on a concert like this one. Would be strange if you didn't.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Some shots from last nite:

http://jp.dk/fotoflash/fotoflash_underhold/article985697.ece

No 6 is awesome...

/F

...again...

That #6 pic is so cool. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to keep that one! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Hey friends! I just want to thank all of you who was there tuesday making it a beautiful night. And thanks to Pearl Jam - AMAZING!

THANKS
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Wow, I was blown away. Don't feel like writing much else now, but luckily youtube has some clips already. (Are they allowed here?) Well,this is a short one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be8EqBPDCUc

Beautiful, simply beautiful...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
    Here's another video of the Alive sole (I took from the front):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MRV_Wzxg54

Enjoy !