hehe....

worshipping at the porcelain altar
  • ... calling Ulf, as we say in Germany :lol:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:
    alright ds, since you're feeling shitty right now, this one's for you

new years eve '99....this is how i spent the first few hours of the 21st century....

y2k.jpg?t=1320451069

friggin' jello shots :sick: :evil:

I have felt shitty all day....until I got to this board. You guys are awesome!! Alsom hammered!!!, I'
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    alright ds, since you're feeling shitty right now, this one's for you

new years eve '99....this is how i spent the first few hours of the 21st century....

y2k.jpg?t=1320451069

friggin' jello shots :sick: :evil:

:lol:

that's way to much skin contact with the toilet :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

ya think i cared at that point? i was just glad i had enough presence of mind to take my glasses off (and hang them on the seat) :oops: :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

ya think i cared at that point? i was just glad i had enough presence of mind to take my glasses off (and hang them on the seat) :oops: :lol::lol:

yes, yes, i see them now. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    haha....memories. at that point you don't care, you hug that thing like its your momma and the porcelain has a nice cooling effect on your skin.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    haha....memories. at that point you don't care, you hug that thing like its your momma and the porcelain has a nice cooling effect on your skin.

hence my first post in the thread
    norm wrote:
    they all end the same...locked in the bathroom spooning the toilet...what is it about the bathroom floor that's so damn comfy when you're near alcohol poisoning? :think: :problem:

thankfully this was the only time with photographic evidence...i couldn't imagine how many fucked up pictures there would be of me if camera phones had been around 20 years ago :lol:
    Another fun drunk story happened on one of college roommate's 21st bday...he was the "baby" of our group...so everyone went out in full force...we even brought a beer bong to the bar :D Anyway, his bday is in mid-October and one of my other roommates bought something like this...
    http://app7.sellersourcebook.com/member ... 1317089474

There was some heavy drinking that night...I don't remember much except my friend ended up leaving early because he got so sick. When I got home, I spotted the pumpkin man leaf thing and proceeded to "suit up"...there were sleeves for the legs and arms and then a big pumpkin head. I then walked in to my roommate's room in full pumpkin head attire...he was still awake after several rounds with the toilet bowl.

Somewhere there's a picture of me (as mr. pumpkin head)sitting next to him looking very ill.
  • pineapplesandwaves.pineapplesandwaves. Posts: 1,808
    edited November 2011
    :)
    Post edited by pineapplesandwaves. on
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Another fun drunk story happened on one of college roommate's 21st bday...he was the "baby" of our group...so everyone went out in full force...we even brought a beer bong to the bar :D Anyway, his bday is in mid-October and one of my other roommates bought something like this...

There was some heavy drinking that night...I don't remember much except my friend ended up leaving early because he got so sick. When I got home, I spotted the pumpkin man leaf thing and proceeded to "suit up"...there were sleeves for the legs and arms and then a big pumpkin head. I then walked in to my roommate's room in full pumpkin head attire...he was still awake after several rounds with the toilet bowl.

Somewhere there's a picture of me (as mr. pumpkin head)sitting next to him looking very ill.

clearly, this post is worthless without the pic :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Leeze wrote:
    ... calling Ulf, as we say in Germany :lol:

Seriously?! That is hilarious! ...My dad's name is Ulf. :lol: I recently found a picture of Ulf calling Ulf, and I think it is from when we lived in Germany. :lol: I'm going to frame it and put it in his Christmas stocking.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Seriously?! That is hilarious! ...My dad's name is Ulf. :lol: I recently found a picture of Ulf calling Ulf, and I think it is from when we lived in Germany. :lol: I'm going to frame it and put it in his Christmas stocking.

Well it sounds the same if you are slurring the word :lol: Where have you lived here?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Not a real funny story, but a good one on how alcohol can really impair your judgement. Back when I was 20-21, can't remember exactly. Me and buddies spent all night at a bar, got completely shit faced, met some girls and proceeded to go back to their place, I drove from the bar to their place, 1st mistake of the night. Anyways they lived in a college residence, never been in the place before and as we are heading to their place I never really paid attention to what floor they lived on and even the unit number. I leave the place for a second to go back to the car to get some smokes that I forgot. Well here is where all goes to hell. The apartment is a controlled entrance, I don't remember anyones name to buzz back in, so I try to remember how many flights I walked down and proceed to buzz everyone on that floor to see if I can find my buddy, lets just say it didn't work and I pissed off alot of people. So I abandon my plans and say fuck it, I'll just sleep in my car (I forgot to mention that this is January in Canada and it was fucking cold that night) well I had to turn on my car to stay warm and I didn't have alot of fuel left and I realize that I can't stay in the car all night or I will freeze. So I think I'm alright to drive home by now (its like 3 in the morning) I get on the highway and about to take my cutoff when I start worrrying about ride programs and getting nailed with a DUI. Well I skip pass my cutoff, take the next one, get right back on the highway and head back to where I came from. Not wanting to freeze to death, I go back into this apartment building where I started from and settled up beside the wall heater and slept there until the morning.
    Still can't believe I was afraid to take the cutoff to go home cause of a potenial ride program, but only to take the next one and get back on the highway to only to get off a again. Could have just gotten off once, instaed of 3 more times, so another good reason to not drink and drive
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

clearly, this post is worthless without the pic :|

Yeah...the pic is awesome...unfortunately I don't have it. We had it on our fridge the rest of that year. When we moved out of the house it disappeared. I don't have it and my friend's (birthday boy) wife (gf at the time) doesn't have it either. We always thought one of our other roommates who had an ongoing crush on my friend took it... :?

But...if anyone presents me with a similar pumpkinhead get-up on the next tour, I promise to suit up and allow pics to be taken :D
    Leeze wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Well it sounds the same if you are slurring the word :lol: Where have you lived here?

:lol: ...do you know where the "calling Ulf" expression came from? I can't wait to enlighten my family with this info. 8-)
    ...My family lived in Munich for several years in the early 80s. From the pictures it appears my parents had a lot of fun. 8-)

• RYEzupSF wrote:

:lol: ...do you know where the "calling Ulf" expression came from? I can't wait to enlighten my family with this info. 8-)
    ...My family lived in Munich for several years in the early 80s. From the pictures it appears my parents had a lot of fun. 8-)

It's something of a slang expression. If you hang your head over the porcelain throne, you're making a "call", and you can make the name Ulf sound like you're throwing up - so you're calling Ulf ;) That is not to say that it isn't a nice name! And good to hear your parents had a good time in Germany :D
    Leeze wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

you can make the name Ulf sound like you're throwing up

:lol::lol::lol: I do believe my siblings and I may have a new way to mess with my dad. ...That is so funny. :lol: ....In Swedish Ulf means "wolf". I just tried it- calling wolf works too. 8-)

• RYEzupSF wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

you can make the name Ulf sound like you're throwing up

:lol::lol::lol: I do believe my siblings and I may have a new way to mess with my dad. ...That is so funny. :lol: ....In Swedish Ulf means "wolf". I just tried it- calling wolf works too. 8-)

:lol: :thumbup:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    for those that want to hide said drinking stories...reminds me of the PJ with cats thread...

http://www.sadanduseless.com/2011/08/ho ... -pictures/
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    St. Patrick's Day 1995. I spent about a month in England. My buddy and I decide to spend a few days in Ireland and what better time than for St. Patrick's Day in Dublin. I think the last time I saw my buddy that day was around 2 in the afternoon and the last thing I remember from that day was doing a group hug with a bunch of strangers in some pub singing Sonny and Cher's I Got You Babe. I have zero idea how I got back to my hotel because the hotel was about 8-10 miles from downtown and involved a train ride. :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    time for some new stories!!! cough 'em up!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    After you lady! Every time I see you, you're drinking! :D
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    After you lady! Every time I see you, you're drinking! :D

I've officially turned into the lush of the board, eh?

I already know all my stories, I want to hear some new ones!! :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I've officially turned into the lush of the board, eh?

I already know all my stories, I want to hear some new ones!! :mrgreen:
    we need some new ones!!! :D
    DS1119 wrote:
    Man I love this thread!

A somewhat embarrassing one for me. I'm riding in the backseat of a two door car leaving a bar while in college. My roommate is in the front passenger seat and a girl he met at the bar is driving. I was drinking a beer in the backseat (I know...young and dumb) so I finish it and don't feel so well. I don't have a door or window to lean out of so I decide I will puke in the beer bottle. Well...have you seen Pulp Fiction? You know the scene where John Travolta accidentally shoots the guy in the backseat and the brain matter and blood goes everywhere...that's what happened but with puke. Back windows...all over the back of the front seats...all over my face. It was disgusting but in hindsight... :lol::lol:

My favorite! Oh the memories! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:
    for those that want to hide said drinking stories...reminds me of the PJ with cats thread...

:lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha that's awesome!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha that's awesome!

Outrageous! :lol::lol::lol:
    :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.