I have my CDL, Going to INDY to start Training!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited November 2011
    tell me, a truck filled with chad and mick and a monkey wouldn't be a riot...

one can drive, the other can post updates...switch it up every 4 hours or so....

we have the makings of a multimillion dollar tv show.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    tell me, a truck filled with chad and mick wouldn't be a riot...

one can drive, the other can post updates...switch it up every 4 hours or so....

don't forget the monkey

or is chad the monkey :think:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

don't forget the monkey

fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,934
    81 wrote:
    tell me, a truck filled with chad and mick and a monkey wouldn't be a riot...

whats that pay?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

don't forget the monkey

yeah man im the monkey.
    got me a few g/fs over at the zoo
    but beings im a truckin monkey, got zoos in every city i visit.
    life isn't so bad
    god damn mt. dew prices up in this bitch 'll kill ya.
    fuckin cheese whiz my fuckin ass
    that piece of shit scales intercom system
    stupid ass gorilla
    get the fuck outta here
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    since mickey turned down Alpine...we can hire him to drive us around on tour from city to city...follow PJ everywhere.

we'll call him 'Dirty Mickey'

get a big truck, toss in some old couches from craigslist in teh back...they make portable satellite dishes, so we'd have TV. Get a Keg...party central.

this could work...yes/no?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    since mickey turned down Alpine...we can hire him to drive us around on tour from city to city...follow PJ everywhere.

get a big truck, toss in some old couches from craigslist in teh back...they make portable satellite dishes, so we'd have TV. Get a Keg...party central.

that was the plan for alpine. :x :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that was the plan for alpine. :x :lol:
    You didnt say anything about Sat TV!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    You didnt say anything about Sat TV!!!!!
    i wanted it to be a suprise. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    chadwick wrote:
    yeah man im the monkey.
    got me a few g/fs over at the zoo
    but beings im a truckin monkey, got zoos in every city i visit.
    life isn't so bad
    god damn mt. dew prices up in this bitch 'll kill ya.
    fuckin cheese whiz my fuckin ass
    that piece of shit scales intercom system
    stupid ass gorilla
    get the fuck outta here

got zoos in every city i visit

crack me the fuck up :lol::lol:
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    GOOD LUCK!! :D
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    Company I'm hiring on with prefers hazmat endorsement. SOOOO , I'm delaying going in to switch out my permit for my actual license. Took try #2 today and did a little better than the first time.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Company I'm hiring on with prefers hazmat endorsement. SOOOO , I'm delaying going in to switch out my permit for my actual license. Took try #2 today and did a little better than the first time.

sooooo, you got hired????
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    the hazmat test is a large pain in the ass test. it's not even worth having. i understand some companies want their drivers to hold this endorcement. i've had it a couple different times and never did use it. currently i do not possess this endorcement on my driver's license. i do have the tanker endorcement though. can't haul fuel but can haul milk. can't haul dynamite or acid but can haul condoms and adult toys.

where the fucks your placards, boy? don't need 'em, sir. we're haulin duck poop... or i mean dildos and latex. the duck crap was the load previously. sorry.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

yeah. Just need to get the hardcopy and fax some stuff to wisconsin. HAve to get the hard copy so they can my dl AGAIN. Same f'n #. Guess they just need the proof I hold it.
    will start orientation on the 10th. Have the weekend of the 17th and I assume on the 19th I'm out with the trainer for two weeks. Good news is I'm making 450 a week during training including orientation if I make it the week. Guess some folks wash out.

Also good news , they will install an inverter on the truck i'll be assigned to , allowing me to use my CPAP machine. Other places I guess force the driver to buy the inverter. Some hard wired others only allow a 12v plug in inverter.

edited November 2011
    check it out, mickrat. in a few years you can pretty much do whatever you want. maybe you'll drive a dump truck for a construction outfit all season. then when cold shit weather hits you can take the layoff or crawl up into a big truck and drive over the road the months you are on layoff from the construction gig.

you'll have many options in the not so distant future. once a guy or gal has a CDL they will never not be wanted. you will have a decent enough payin gig from here on out. it isn't so bad and makes some ppl pretty darn well off. lotsa hours and shit tons of tiredness.

start a savings thingy, invest, 401k, do this kinda stuff if you are smart. soon you'll buy a house to rent it out or something. in a matter of a handfulla years you now own 46 homes and drag in a decent amount of money.

buy groceries before your runs, stop during runs to stock up on groceries. you'll need a cooler. the coolers you plug into the inverter or cigarettes lighter are nice coolers or use the old school ice filled coolers. some coolers heat and cool your grub.

eating @ truck stops is bullshit. just make sure you get your fruits and vegetables. health is now nothing but serious. if you eat chips, candy, sodas, and horseshit like this whilst driving all day and or all night you will gain weight at an alarming rate. make sure you walk whenever you can.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

yeah. Just need to get the hardcopy and fax some stuff to wisconsin. HAve to get the hard copy so they can my dl AGAIN. Same f'n #. Guess they just need the proof I hold it.
    will start orientation on the 10th. Have the weekend of the 17th and I assume on the 19th I'm out with the trainer for two weeks. Good news is I'm making 450 a week during training including orientation if I make it the week. Guess some folks wash out.

Also good news , they will install an inverter on the truck i'll be assigned to , allowing me to use my CPAP machine. Other places I guess force the driver to buy the inverter. Some hard wired others only allow a 12v plug in inverter.

8-)

good luck on your training....

i'm sure there will be washouts....always are in big group hires....hopefully, it works out good for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i do find it amazing how quickly a decent and experienced truck driver can land a gig. experience and decent being the key words.

i've moved across the country and landed gigs within days or weeks after showing up and with no leads until present. right this instant this country needs at least 14,000 - 27,013 and 6 new drivers. this is only my guess and opinion.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Congrats on the new gig.....seems like you've come a long way since joining these boards!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ditto. :)
    I GOT IT!!!!!!!! :shock: :o :? 8-):mrgreen:

Pictures not too bad either. :shock:

Take a "post job offer" DOT physical in the morning and a bus ticket to Indy has been or will be reserved for me to start orientation next Saturday. :D:D:D

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mickeyrat wrote:

Take a "post job offer" DOT physical in the morning and a bus ticket to Indy has been or will be reserved for me to start orientation next Saturday. :D:D:D

:clap: :thumbup: Now get a job ;)
  • mickeyrat wrote:

MAZEL TOV!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
    mickeyrat wrote:

:clap: :thumbup: Now get a job ;)
    purty shore I do. I can pass the drug test with flying colors!! Just need to get through orientation.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    oh dear...i'm staying off the roads for sure now :shifty: :-P

congrats mick! :thumbup:
    i believe trucking companies whom do not haul hazardous material require drivers to have the hazmat endorcement for two reasons.

1. just in case they run into a lucrative opportunity they want to be ready but in most cases they will not ever haul gasoline or atomic atom clusters.

2. if a driver passes the hazmat test they are not as foolish as one may believe they are.

that is not easy. the hazardous materials test is quite difficult actually. mickrat, you are doing great. nicely done.

speaking of haulin hazardous materials. i had a co-driver partner years ago who left my truck after many a mile together for a jet fuel haulin gig. basically he hauled jet fuel into canada. i believe he was at around 20 bucks per hour and w/ nice benefits. he then moved down south haulin gasoline to gas stations. im sure he makes $1,000 bucks a week which isn't much considering he's hauling gas and i was haulin seafood making more than a grand a week. seafood made me around 1200-1500 wkly vs' my gas dude makin 1,000 wkly. i did have about 6 or 8 yrs on him though. i guess that's the difference.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i believe trucking companies whom do not haul hazardous material require drivers to have the hazmat endorcement for two reasons.

1. just in case they run into a lucrative opportunity they want to be ready but in most cases they will not ever haul gasoline or atomic atom clusters.

2. if a driver passes the hazmat test they are not as foolish as one may believe they are.

that is not easy. the hazardous materials test is quite difficult actually. mickrat, you are doing great. nicely done.

speaking of haulin hazardous materials. i had a co-driver partner years ago who left my truck after many a mile together for a jet fuel haulin gig. basically he hauled jet fuel into canada. i believe he was at around 20 bucks per hour and w/ nice benefits. he then moved down south haulin gasoline to gas stations. im sure he makes $1,000 bucks a week which isn't much considering he's hauling gas and i was haulin seafood making more than a grand a week. seafood made me around 1200-1500 wkly vs' my gas dude makin 1,000 wkly. i did have about 6 or 8 yrs on him though. i guess that's the difference.
    Anymore, theres quite a bit calssed hazmat. Think a truck load of hairspray for example. or bleach. At anyrate, I'm set to haul ANYTHING except people. seeing as how I dont really LIKE people as a whole( some of you are tolerable ;) ) , I'd say that is a good thing.

Alrighty then, guess the DOT just won't take a new drivers word for it that the CPAP they use makes them good to go. Requiring a release fro my doc stating I am. Waiting to hear as to who exactly needs to sign this.

The Doc whom I've never actually met that just read/interperated my sleep studies OR my PCP.