I have my CDL, Going to INDY to start Training!!!!!

Comments

• Go Mickey Go!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Go Mickey Go!!
    :!:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    Go Mickey Go!!
    I'm tryin!!!! Haven't got a "ride" just yet!!!! :mrgreen:

Good time to say thank you to everyone for your support and well wishes.

Its against my better judgement but yes this does include you smoking baby. :lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Go Mickey Go!!
    I'm tryin!!!! Haven't got a "ride" just yet!!!! :mrgreen:

Good time to say thank you to everyone for your support and well wishes.

Its against my better judgement but yes this does include you smoking baby. :lol:

well in that case......

i hope you have to sit on I80 in chicago every day during rush hour :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Have you secured a chimp to ride with you?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I must make sure he can pass a DOT physical. Need to list him as codriver , so I can run twice as long with both logbooks!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    http://youtu.be/mtLpGfRVMtA
    what the?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    How'd the interview go? Are you done yet? It's like 5:34 there...c'mon!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    mickeyrat wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I must make sure he can pass a DOT physical. Need to list him as codriver , so I can run twice as long with both logbooks!! ;)

Back in the 70s, a chimp could simply sit in the passenger seat, and make a few funny faces!

When did the licensing requirements get so stringent?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

notthedefendant.jpg
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Back in the 70s, a chimp could simply sit in the passenger seat, and make a few funny faces!

When did the licensing requirements get so stringent?
    Still can, but wheres the fun in that? Get him a cdl so I can get the miles!!! :mrgreen:

• Hope you get this.. you deserve it!!
    Hope you get this.. you deserve it!!

he also deserves a swift kick in the ass

for skipping alpine :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    whoops. yeah , that guy was a striaght shooter. Got a good poker face too. Will know one way or the other by wed noon on the steel hauler.

Now the other one, the phone interview, they hire student/graduates all the time. been on another forum for trucking reading up on stuff. They have a good rep out of these "BFI" companies. That means Bottom Feeder Inc. Gonna have to give chadwick this site addy. Not sure how long he would last, they dont cuss over there!!!! Imagine that, truckers that dont cuss!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I do think I'm going for it with the second one. Big ORANGE truck!!!! Schneider National.

mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    whoops. yeah , that guy was a striaght shooter. Got a good poker face too. Will know one way or the other by wed noon on the steel hauler.

Now the other one, the phone interview, they hire student/graduates all the time. been on another forum for trucking reading up on stuff. They have a good rep out of these "BFI" companies. That means Bottom Feeder Inc. Gonna have to give chadwick this site addy. Not sure how long he would last, they dont cuss over there!!!! Imagine that, truckers that dont cuss!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I do think I'm going for it with the second one. Big ORANGE truck!!!! Schneider National.

it'll make you easier to spot.....as you sit in rush hour traffic. :P

post the link up here...we can all swing over and say hi. :lol: edit....never mind, i found it.... :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    DS1119 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

notthedefendant.jpg

:wave: Hi Mickey!

:wave: Hi 81!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Definitely the orange trucks, Mickey. You're the kind of guy who can pull of that color, I just know it.

Orange is badass.

Word.

;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

i see what you did there :x

:lol:
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i see what you did there :x

:lol:
    :wave:

It's hard to slip one past the king of the zombie world...
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

ha... large all orange truck and trailer. fucking wonderous, mickrat, just fucking wonderous. schneider eats balls for breakfast.

if i were you i would land a gig at a smaller company. real ppl you know and deal with on real down to earth terms, even then they are cocks.

i can get you a job if you come here, doesn't mean ya gotta live here in iowa either. i have two companies here that come to mind. one strictly runs volvo tractors and the other uses petes and kenworths. these guys both are mostly moving around here in the midwest or the southern states nearby.

i can't wait till you and your trainer dude or ma'am get into a few good misunderstandings. haha. this'll be fun to read about.

when not swearing at schneider does that mean they are .......... never mind. i can't say it on pearl jam either. everybody is going swear free. i promise you'll learn alot of new ways to verbalize yourself. "god damn fucking L.A. and these fucking people are about to piss me off," for example.

you'll be going out east beings you're in indiana, or is it ohio? and big orange goes everywhere. remind me to look up heavy hauling for you. those dudes make good cash.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    ha... large all orange truck and trailer. fucking wonderous, mickrat, just fucking wonderous. schneider eats balls for breakfast.

if i were you i would land a gig at a smaller company. real ppl you know and deal with on real down to earth terms, even then they are cocks.

i can get you a job if you come here, doesn't mean ya gotta live here in iowa either. i have two companies here that come to mind. one strictly runs volvo tractors and the other uses petes and kenworths. these guys both are mostly moving around here in the midwest or the southern states nearby.

i can't wait till you and your trainer dude or ma'am get into a few good misunderstandings. haha. this'll be fun to read about.

when not swearing at schneider does that mean they are .......... never mind. i can't say it on pearl jam either. everybody is going swear free. i promise you'll learn alot of new ways to verbalize yourself. "god damn fucking L.A. and these fucking people are about to piss me off," for example.

you'll be going out east beings you're in indiana, or is it ohio? and big orange goes everywhere. remind me to look up heavy hauling for you. those dudes make good cash.
    TMC being one of them Chad? Turned me down without explaination. Nice truck, seen out around town invarious places.

I think really I just want to get on with somebody. Pay my dues and gain the exerience. Theres a drop yard here on the other side of town.This one board I'm now on has more positives about Schneider than negatives.

www.thetruckersreport.com . Theres some characters over there. And the place is HUGE!!!!! My god, subforum after subforum.

i like smaller companies because they are more down to earth-like. do not sign up with someone who is gone for weeks at a time while learning the ropes. as a new driver you need to be at home daily. of course this is my opinion and exactly how i did it. i never slept in a truck for the first 3 years of my driving life.

for the first 2 years i came home everyday evening and had most weekends off. i worked about 10-14 hrs every day and learned trucking at a slower pace which is more relaxing and not as stressful. you do not want to be learning how to drive....or rather, you do not want to be learning the ropes as a newbee whilst runnin through boston or chicago.

many self made millionaire truckers have created their own trucking companies. they are smaller companies and looking for good people. they may not all want you. they may want the guy or gal whose been at it for many long years. gigantic companies hire everyone. they tend to be the companies who have the driver/trainers that live w/ you in the truck. fuck that.

i wish we lived closer we'd go find you a nice place.

remember that everyone in trucking business behind the desk in a warm or cooled office is a bullshit artist and generally does not know a fucking thing about runin around this land 24x7 and all the fucking great or terrible events that are out of your hands. it isn't the drivers fault every single time. most dumb asshole do notunderstand this. like mickrat controls 13 feet of snow causing a motor vehicle pile up where several big trucks and cars burned to the ground in wyoming. you were 10 minutes behind this horrific event. your boss may be very upset you're a good day behind. fucking i-90 is shut down and we are in a bizzard you dumb asshole. smart idea for him to suggest taking a wyoming backroad during a blizzard. this was my boss, garrett. fuck you, garrett. and it was the worst and most vehicales in wyomings deadliest traffic accident. about 5 years ago or so.

melted steel. the trailers were ashed. no rims on trailers. the trucks' frames and engines were molten steel. that is all.

moral of the story. in my experiences the office jerks that keep trucks rolling are the enemy. :twisted: :mrgreen: some are worse than others. and with a CDL in your pocket and a seat under your ass, you are now a robot.

it is very important to never be pushed around by these people. you are inevitably the boss and will act and live as such.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    told my mom this morning over breakfast, mickeyrat has a cdl now after completing the driving course at some trucking school. mom reminded me of something very important after asking, who the fuck is mickeyrat?. (i used to take her on many different runs) navigation. maps, directions, all that shit.

read your atlas, drive, cell phone in ear/mouth, write... good stuff. everything lays perfectly fine across the steering wheel. chart out your trip before leaving. after many trips to the same place and area you'll be fantastic w/out fucking around studying your atlas. a good driver should go through one or more atlases annually. i have about 14 atlases strung out all over the place. i'll give you one..haha.

when having a team driver navigation becomes a fucking blast. if it were not for a gentleman named Chris i'd still be in nyc trying to find a place that wants my fish. navigation is awesome. this is key to fooling the DOT when using 3 logbooks. you just know in your head how far apart A and B are and all things inbetween.

no cheating until you know what the fuck you are doing. keep the DOT out of your coin purse.

i'll try and come up w/ some good tips for you.

use those mirrors. remember what i told you the other day? if mirrors are bolted to the door you can use the mirror whilst backing and opening the door to look into the mirror and follow the trailer around. same w/ the passenger mirror except you'll be using (one of) the electrical switch that is over on your side. tricky stuff? yes it is sneaky and a nice trick many don't know of, silly really.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i have the sudden urge to buy a truck and hire mickey and chad to drive it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i have the sudden urge to buy a truck and hire mickey and chad to drive it.
    we would of course want it to be decked out with ALL creature comforts. We know what a cheapskate you are, so........ :mrgreen:

i005148.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i005148.jpg
    Unless you pay for a wash once a week thats a deal breaker right there!

dear 81 Trucking LLC,

mickrat and i need a cb, your cell phones do not work out here. when you call mick's or my phone 90% of the time they do not ring and stuff. anyhow, lastnight while backing into dock 11 i was fucking around and fucked shit up. what the fuckever.

im goin to bed. mickrat is (in the casino or over at the local baptist church) gone....hello? hello?
    you there? um.

huh... musta lost connection,

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    dear 81 Trucking LLC,

mickrat and i need a cb, your cell phones do not work out here. when you call mick's or my phone 90% of the time they do not ring and stuff. anyhow, lastnight while backing into dock 11 i was fucking around and fucked shit up. what the fuckever.

im goin to bed. mickrat is (in the casino or over at the local baptist church) gone....hello? hello?
    you there? um.

huh... musta lost connection,

10-4 good buddy, hit up the local flying J and pick one up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dear 81 trucking,

got that cb. weak but works ok. gets out about 1 or 2 miles. i think it's a cobra. works better than your cells do. i think we're both looking for a cash advance. i'll need 200. mick and his monkey are in the truck stop here gettin a shower, im fuelin up the truck and refer unit. yeah i really have no clue when we'll be there we're stoppin at the zoo for mick's little friend. he's got a lady friend over there.

out,
    everybody involved

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce