I have my CDL, Going to INDY to start Training!!!!!

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    just don't be dipping your stuff in me while you are turning, ronald. - nancy reagan.
    fixed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    just don't be dipping your stuff in me while you are turning, ronald. - nancy reagan.
    fixed

wtf :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fixed

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    alright. 4 school days left. 4 th day being test day. I have 3 half days to get 90 degree alley docking down cold. FUCK. that was fucking with me yesterday. It also didnt help to have a highly qualified but new to teaching instructor.

Damn , dude. If I knew why or what was wrong , I might not have went that far now would I have? Show WHY its wrong , WHAT i'm looking for , and equally as important how to correct it easily IF I find myself htere again.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Back to our regular programing and instructors.

I'm now being shown and taught where my mistakes are starting and how to avoid them. Basically I'm being shown what I need to see to successfully complete a maneuver. This guy is good. I like him. 8-)

Now , Homeland Security has deemed me , yeah thats right ME, fit to haul hazardous materials. :shock: Look out folks, this could get dangerous. ;):mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Back to our regular programing and instructors.

I'm now being shown and taught where my mistakes are starting and how to avoid them. Basically I'm being shown what I need to see to successfully complete a maneuver. This guy is good. I like him. 8-)

Now , Homeland Security has deemed me , yeah thats right ME, fit to haul hazardous materials. :shock: Look out folks, this could get dangerous. ;):mrgreen:

There goes the neighborhood....

:D
    the only thing you can do is keeping working at it. everyday a brand new experience. might be the same warehouse but trucks are moved around and things are now tighter or something, putting your trailer and truck between two tractor trailer combo sets in the snow storm at 3am.

you'll have to put that truck into reverse and put it into ridiculous places you wont believe you can or should. you'll get in and out of your truck every few feet or inches in either directions to get where you have to be. you'll land a jack knife loading dock first time blind sided. i taught myself how to back up. basically after trucking school i never touched a truck for 2 years. when i got a truck driving gig i didn't know shit really. took me about 2 year to perfect backing and shit. im in the 1 million mile club i sure of that.

mirrors are mostly electronic now. use your electric mirrors the entire time your going back. if the mirrors are mounted to the door you are set. if mounted to the body of truck this wont work. open your door and follow your trailer with your open door angling the mirror at where you need to see.

you gotta jack that fucker in there. those tires will slide sideways. don't think you wont jack knife yourself and smash fiberglass into a metal trailer and twist off your couplings of air connections. you can only jack that fucker so far

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Glad today is the last instrucion day. This guy just wont shut the fuck up!!!! Yesterday we were informed that Grey Poupon is 3.97. about 2 dollars more than other mustards. YOU DONT SAY?!?! Just tell me, what the fuck does that have to do with driving a tractor? Please, tell me.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Glad today is the last instrucion day. This guy just wont shut the fuck up!!!! Yesterday we were informed that Grey Poupon is 3.97. about 2 dollars more than other mustards. YOU DONT SAY?!?! Just tell me, what the fuck does that have to do with driving a tractor? Please, tell me.

you might carry a load of it one day. :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Congratulations Mickey and be safe out there!
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

wait a second.........

if memory serves, it's brought one jar at a time on a little pillow by an english butler. usually when you've pulled up at a stop light.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

wait a second.........

if memory serves, it's brought one jar at a time on a little pillow by an english butler. usually when you've pulled up at a stop light.

when he said load, he wasn't referring to mustard :think:
    weird loads that are carried around the country:

ducks feet. frozen.
    pigs feet, snouts, and whatever else a pig has and wants delivered. frozen.
    pens. not frozen.
    rotten salmon. not frozen.
    hog shit. not frozen.
    tnt. not frozen. boom.
    one telephone booth, one van, several road construction signs, and a commercial stainless steel kitchen. not frozen. and to be blown up in Hollywood.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I am now fairly adept at 90 degree alley docking. deep breath, be secure in what I've shown I can do, and really get the pretrip inspection memorized.

8-)
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I am now fairly adept at 90 degree alley docking. deep breath, be secure in what I've shown I can do, and really get the pretrip inspection memorized.
    pre trip...piece of cake
    backing...difficult
    road test... piece of ace

moral of the story is... the clipboard DOT lady is a pain in the ass but isn't such a terrible person. she does pass men and women who struggle @ backing large combination vehicales.

be smart, study, practice, practice, practice.

for your information...a little secret between you and me. it took me more than one chance @ backing those things. at the school we tested friday afternoon. i passed the pre-trip inspection no problem. i could not get my backing down for the life of me. i failed my first go at it. saturday morning before sun up we (those who failed friday) drove up to Des Moines, Iowa where i landed my backing test just enough to pass and move on to the driving part where i nailed the road test portion of the CDL test.

27 minutes later i had a commercial driver's license in my wallet.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    :?

Good luck mickster
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :?

Good luck mickster
    why so confused? smoking ba....er grill.

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Good luck!! But I know you'll do great! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    use your mirrors
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    good luck shipmate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yve0OS5hV_Y

I suggest you don't...ehhh fuck it. I suggest you do this. You only live once. Thirty seconds in is classic. :lol::lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    good luck you son of a bitch
    www.myspace.com
    good luck you son of a bitch
    Why thank you. look for my new location coming soon. Variation on yours.

In my truck ridin your bumper and I have no brakes!! :mrgreen:

TEST TEST TEST. Is this thing on? Here we go folks , testing day. just waiting for them to call my name.

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Good Luck!! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    don't run anybody over
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DONE DEAL!!!!!!!

I PASSED!!!!!!!