The Sian-of-the-dead & audiodave's Wedding Thread

Comments

• redrock wrote:
    Ladies! What do you mean your petticoats are 'too big'? I assume your 'coats are like this:

This is mine: medscalePetticoat%20Purple.jpg

With a dress of similar shape to the red one you posted (which is absolutely gorgeous! Maybe I should buy that one!).

It does look big (too fluffy), doesn't it?

NOOOOOO!! it's how they're meant to be!! :D

I'm super excited you've all decided to go for the 50's look and I'd be disappointed if I didn't see some petticoat action!

You're dress will keep the 'fluffiness' of the petticoat down, It's just to give it some volume and will not look out of place :thumbup:

(alternatively, if you're really worried, get G to take a picture of you in it and post it up here?)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Leanne - did you really run away in Manchester? :lol:

Yes, yes she did... she avoided the meet up the night before and sat in her hotel room... madness. :roll: :lol:

:shock: I never knew! That would've been a great night to come meet us all! I remember having a light beverage :lol:

Light beverage??? I didn't touch a drop all night... gah, you're always such a let down Sinead... ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Red, I'd have no problem with that one - the one I have is about twice as wide :D I actually don't think I could fit it in the suitcase and Ryanair would probably charge me extra for trying to wear it on the plane :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

I'm super excited you've all decided to go for the 50's look and I'd be disappointed if I didn't see some petticoat action!

I don't have problems with fluffy petticoats, but one doesn't want to be fluffier than the bride!!! :lol:

Jenny... :lol::lol::lol:
  • redrock wrote:

I don't have problems with fluffy petticoats, but one doesn't want to be fluffier than the bride!!! :lol:

Jenny... :lol::lol::lol:

Ah no, my dress isn't fluffy... my wrap is, but my dress isn't :lol:

Bugger. :mrgreen: OK then, no petticoat! :lol:

Wrap... makes me think, must get something for the top... When will I have the time to do this?????
  • redrock wrote:

Bugger. :mrgreen: OK then, no petticoat! :lol:

Wrap... makes me think, must get something for the top... When will I have the time to do this?????

Right, without saying too much, my dress has petticoats... petticoats are fine ;)

oh and:

http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stor ... erm=bolero

I have the Black Bow Detail Shrug in size M (about 12-14) and it looks like this on:

8828_1231706035786_1323191372_693237_3121547_n.jpg

Covers the arms and shoulders but doesn't cover the dress :thumbup:

I've got a similar shrug but it's feeling a bit tight at the moment (like everything else!). I've got another one that's very nice but the devore doesn't go with the dress I want to wear. Maybe I should just wear a dress that goes with the shrug!
    Red, I know they have 'em here so no doubt they're there too but Penneys aka Primark has fluffy shoulder covers and shrugs in black, dark reds and cream. Think I saw some in a dark green too. I dunno if that's any use to you but it may help! They also have leopard print fluffy coats and I'm sooooo tempted :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    ooOOoo leopard print! I'm such a tart for leopard print. Sadly, at my age, it makes me look like a tart! Maybe I'll just stick to the leopard print bra!
    I <3 it when it's done right (i.e. pin up not yer wan from Corrie) but the boy hates it. I still buy it sometimes :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • gonna be fuckin awesome!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    edited November 2011
    Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Leanne - did you really run away in Manchester? :lol:

Yes, yes she did... she avoided the meet up the night before and sat in her hotel room... madness. :roll: :lol:

:shock: I never knew! That would've been a great night to come meet us all! I remember having a light beverage :lol:

Yep, I was on my own in Manc as my friend I was going to the gig with had his own gig that night at a private party... during the day I met up with an old uni friend, then in the evening, came for a scout of the party after reading about it on here. When I got there, I think I looked through the window/poked head in the door...saw you all together, got scared silly, thought it was cliquey, I was on my own, got even more scared and went back to the hotel where I promptly spent the night watching the tele on my tod - Pretty Woman I think :lol::lol:

Right - on petticoats...I am at a bit of a loss tbh! I have spoken to some people who do them and they've suggested the following as options, it's the length which is the issue! -
    http://www.swingtimecollection.co.uk/images/070.jpg
    http://www.swingtimecollection.co.uk/images/072.jpg
    http://www.swingtimecollection.co.uk/images/078.jpg

and there is one on eBay... which I can't link to from the office (and hence the links above rather than images!)
    eta - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270829185981? ... 1423.l2649
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    *feels left out of petticoat discussions* *grabs net curtains to tie around waist* :shock: :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    I'm not wearing a petticoat either, Pippa, I'm not even wearing a short dress, mine is a long one :) It's the end November :lol:
    chime wrote:
    *feels left out of petticoat discussions* *grabs net curtains to tie around waist* :shock: :P

You can borrow G's if you want!!! :mrgreen:
  • i think ill look at the wedding like secret service agent.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i think ill look at the wedding like secret service agent.. :lol:

My name's Bond, Dimitris Bond! :D

If anyone has advice/opinions on the petticoats I posted before, offer 'em up!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • 71step28 wrote:
    I'm not wearing a petticoat either, Pippa,

Nor me...
    71step28 wrote:
    I'm not wearing a petticoat either, Pippa,

Nor me...

little do you know! ;)
    Leanne, I'd go for the first one, as long as the lacey bit can be seen. The middle one looks very long!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • see you all very soon 8-)
    Jennytree wrote:
    Leanne, I'd go for the first one, as long as the lacey bit can be seen. The middle one looks very long!

It's a long dress, ballerina length rather than standard length so 30" from the waist :) (mid calf length I guess)...
    see you all very soon 8-)
    :D

Really Pearl Jam should've included this wedding in their touring plans!
  • see you all very soon 8-)

I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you until you can't breathe anymore :D

(That means i'm looking forward to seeing you ;) )

dottles wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

It's a long dress, ballerina length rather than standard length so 30" from the waist :) (mid calf length I guess)...

Ah ok, well then the middle one would be perfect. The first and last may be too short! Maybe your dressmaker would have some you could try? Even if they're in the wrong colour you'd have an idea of what to get then :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dottles wrote:

If anyone has advice/opinions on the petticoats I posted before, offer 'em up!

Right, I would go for a tea length petticoat; 29 or 30 inch. And I agree with Jenny, the middle one if it's the right length :thumbup:

The middle one was suggested, I was just checking :D
  • dottles wrote:
    i think ill look at the wedding like secret service agent.. :lol:

My name's Bond, Dimitris Bond! :D
    :lol:
  • dottles wrote:
    see you all very soon 8-)
    :D

Really Pearl Jam should've included this wedding in their touring plans!
    looking forward to meeting you mate :D