The Sian-of-the-dead & audiodave's Wedding Thread

Comments

• The roll call is growing :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Hinn wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Considering I've been asked to take the mullet out of retirement for this OTOTO event, I can't imagine I'd look too funeraly.

OTOTO event?
    Um, you said I should wear it, no?

Or I'm quite happy to just make my hair whatever colour you'd like

Or just show up like a normal person, even!

:lol: I can vouch that normal Hinn, is actually as mad as mullet Hinn :D ...just without hat hair.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    did I kill the thread? :(
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:

YES!! :lol: :P

No, just been busy hun; apologies.

4 weeks tomorrow :)

I sorted out readings and my speech yesterday... slowly but surely stuff is getting ticked off my epic pile of lists...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

dottles wrote:

YES!! :lol: :P

No, just been busy hun; apologies.

4 weeks tomorrow :)

I sorted out readings and my speech yesterday... slowly but surely stuff is getting ticked off my epic pile of lists...

:lol::lol: why are you apologising? :D
    hurrah for ticking things off lists :mrgreen:
  • eMMI wrote:
    In an attempt to 1) cheer myself up and 2) finally get to decidin' what I'm going to wear, I had a little dress fitting of my own. :lol: Went quite well, I think.

Also, I have a question: The easiest (or only, since I'm arriving late) way to get to the hotel from el aeropuerto is by taxi, no? And are they readily available?
    If you're getting in the day before, then the official Midlands Taxi is open for bookings... if it's wedding day, you're boned and will have to lump it with the riff-raff down the taxi rank :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    eMMI wrote:
    In an attempt to 1) cheer myself up and 2) finally get to decidin' what I'm going to wear, I had a little dress fitting of my own. :lol: Went quite well, I think.

Also, I have a question: The easiest (or only, since I'm arriving late) way to get to the hotel from el aeropuerto is by taxi, no? And are they readily available?
    If you're getting in the day before, then the official Midlands Taxi is open for bookings... if it's wedding day, you're boned and will have to lump it with the riff-raff down the taxi rank :P

:lol: I'm arriving the day before, but pretty late (11-ish.. I should really check that :P ). If the Official Taxi needs beauty sleeps or drinks, I don't want to bother it. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We're driving on the day and coming back the next if anyone would like a lift from London(ish) or anyway on the way to Coventry...
    I think I get into Brum International, so shall taxi it across from there, and if there is owt I can do to help setting up Sian, just shout :D
  • dottles wrote:
    I think I get into Brum International, so shall taxi it across from there, and if there is owt I can do to help setting up Sian, just shout :D

Thanks hunny :)

What time do you get in? I'll be there from around 2pm to set up asap, then massage at 3:30(ish) then going to view flowers before I actually settle down to relax with y'all :mrgreen:

OMG it's NOVEMBER... this is it... 24 days to go :shock: :shock: :shock:

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    WOW - 24 more days !!!!! how exciting :D :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalina wrote:
    WOW - 24 more days !!!!! how exciting :D :thumbup:

I know! :mrgreen: It only hit me this morning (when the hangover had subsided) and I have to say, i'm getting really excited now :mrgreen:

dottles wrote:

What time do you get in? I'll be there from around 2pm to set up asap, then massage at 3:30(ish) then going to view flowers before I actually settle down to relax with y'all :mrgreen:

I might be too late to help then :oops: I leave at 9.30ish and get into New Street at 15.25, so will probably get to you about 4ish do you reckon? Well, when I get there I am happy to help with anything...
  • dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I might be too late to help then :oops: I leave at 9.30ish and get into New Street at 15.25, so will probably get to you about 4ish do you reckon? Well, when I get there I am happy to help with anything...

Ah no i'm sure I can find something for you to do ;):lol: Thank you xx

• In other news, I finished making and painting the bride and groom for the top of our cake on Sunday... I'm very happy with them :mrgreen:

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I am really looking forward to seeing the photos :D
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:

I'm not due until 20.30ish and I believe I was meant to be doing something with chairs :? ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    In other news, I finished making and painting the bride and groom for the top of our cake on Sunday... I'm very happy with them :mrgreen:

Cool :D It's even cooler you've made them yourself!

Hopefully my dress will be sorted as of Thursday :) not that is something you can tick off a list but it can be ticked off mine :lol:

Claire, I am sure there will be lots of photos!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I had a dress dilemma over the weekend - the one I was going to wear is flippin' huuuge on me, so I've had to start from scratch. I've no doubt whatever dress I pick will still be black though :lol: I have maybe thought about doing a top and skirt combo either :shock:

I'm about early on Thursday, feel free to lump me with tasks!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I had a dress dilemma over the weekend - the one I was going to wear is flippin' huuuge on me, so I've had to start from scratch. I've no doubt whatever dress I pick will still be black though :lol: I have maybe thought about doing a top and skirt combo either :shock:

I'm about early on Thursday, feel free to lump me with tasks!

well if you will get so skinny missus! :D
    gawddamn I wish I was... huge pangs of dress dilemmas around that :? Mine is black with a white square on it...
  • so now ,need to find what to wear.. :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    so now ,need to find what to wear.. :shock:
    boys have it easy - a suit, you just need to choose a colour! :lol::D
  • dottles wrote:
    so now ,need to find what to wear.. :shock:
    boys have it easy - a suit, you just need to choose a colour! :lol::D
    hehe..yeah..need to search where are Those suits .as for the tie...im PERFECT... :mrgreen::D8-):lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Hahah I ain't skinny my love, I was just a lot bigger than I usually am back when I last wore the dress for my sisters wedding :D We will both look fuckin' deadly 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Hahah I ain't skinny my love, I was just a lot bigger than I usually am back when I last wore the dress for my sisters wedding :D We will both look fuckin' deadly 8-)

I need to get a petticoat for mine... decision on going black or going random colour :lol::lol:
    dottles wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I need to get a petticoat for mine... decision on going black or going random colour :lol::lol:

I think we're gonna look quite similar :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I think we're gonna look quite similar :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not a petticoat with a black dress!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was going to wear (random colour petticoat!).

**needs to completely rethink her outfit and see what else there is in the wardrobe (or shops!)**
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    awesome! So we're at least 4 wearing a black dress, I won't feel so alone then ;) Mine is a long one though :D
  • 71step28 wrote:
    awesome! So we're at least 4 wearing a black dress, I won't feel so alone then ;) Mine is a long one though :D
    make that 5 ..ill wear a Black dress myself.. :shock: :lol::lol:
  • Does a black shirt count? :P :mrgreen:

...and the suit decision is not an easy one... had to get Sian herself to come help me find an appropriate one... tis rather epic though :mrgreen: Just need to make sure I can still actually fit in it again before the day, bought it in May! :lol: :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.