The Sian-of-the-dead & audiodave's Wedding Thread

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So here we are then... Six weeks tomorrow, audiodave and I tie the knot.

I figured enough of you from here will be in attendance so might as well start a thread to house all excitement, questions, outfit talk and plans... saves putting it everywhere else on the board ;)

May I start by saying...

HOLY SH*T!! SIX WEEKS!!!! :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I think a part of my dream last night was your wedding. :think: I especially remember thinking about the dress I'm (quite likely, though I'm still a bit undecided,) going to wear. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    edited November 2011
    eMMI wrote:
    I think a part of my dream last night was your wedding. :think: I especially remember thinking about the dress I'm (quite likely, though I'm still a bit undecided,) going to wear. :lol:

:lol: Nice to see we've infultrated your dreams :twisted:

Ohhh we should have a running guest list... I'll add people when they post :mrgreen:

So far we have

** ROLL CALL **

Sian-of-the-dead (obv.)
    audiodave (not too sure he'll turn up yet :lol:;) )
    eMMI
    dimitrispearljam
    redrock + hubby
    71step28
    Chime - Bridesmaid extraordinaire #1
    Jennytree
    Dottles
    iLockyer
    Evolutionary - Photographer extraordinaire and general help/support/tear wiper
    Hinn
    Digital Twilight - Agony Aunt to Bride/general reassurance/emotional support/tear wiper
    Heineken Helen - Bridesmaid exraordinaire #2
    dave_grolsch + missus
    Pegasus
    jrd
    Hitch-Hiker + missus
    V V + hubby
    Post edited by Sian-of-the-dead on
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

eMMI wrote:

Ohhh we should have a running guest list... I'll add people when they post :mrgreen:

So far we have

Sian-of-the-dead (obv.)
    eMMI

Yay, that's a good idea! :D I'd be too lazy to ask around, but I wanna know who's coming. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    edited October 2011
    eMMI wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

So far we have

Sian-of-the-dead (obv.)
    eMMI

Yay, that's a good idea! :D I'd be too lazy to ask around, but I wanna know who's coming. :lol:

Ahhh we already know who's coming but this way other people can see :)

ROLLCALL!!! :lol:
    Post edited by Sian-of-the-dead on

• hostishostis Posts: 441
    congratulations. hope its a brilliant day....
  • hostis wrote:
    congratulations. hope its a brilliant day....

Thank you :D

• im in...

seeya at 6 weeks!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Ahhh we already know who's coming but this way other people can see :)

Yeah, I should hope you already know. :P But I don't, so yay! :D

I'm now tempted to start thinking about my outfit and make-up, but I really should be doing school stuff. :lol:
  • im in...

seeya at 6 weeks!!! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Added to the roll call :D

I hear a rumour that you're coming to our wedding after going to South America... I think you're mental ;):lol:

• oh..btw i have the best tie ever for this...fits with the wedding..with any wedding actually.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dimi just got me really worried now! :mrgreen:

Me and hubby are in! Maybe a good enough excuse to buy a new dress??? Though all my money will probably be gone by the time we get a few things for G's birthday! Hopefully hubby still fit in one of his suits 'coz he's not getting a new one!

Daughter already asked if she could have a party at the house when we were gone. I said no.

Wish I could be at the hotel the night before though...
  • oh..btw i have the best tie ever for this...fits with the wedding..with any wedding actually.. :lol:

let me guess :lol: pm'ed you so not you spoil your surprise
    redrock wrote:
    Me and hubby are in!

Can't wait to see you, so. :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:

I'll be arriving pretty late in the eve, the night before. :? I've got a seminar thing for school on Thursday that I need to go to, so won't be able to leave too early.

Then I'm leaving sorta early the next day. :? But I'm not gonna complain too much, after all flights etc. are my Christmas/birthday presents - not too bad from an ex-boyfriend. :geek: :P

Oh?

No wait, I agree with theserialthrilla, I don't want to ruin the surprise :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    Dimi just got me really worried now! :mrgreen:

Me and hubby are in! Maybe a good enough excuse to buy a new dress??? Though all my money will probably be gone by the time we get a few things for G's birthday! Hopefully hubby still fit in one of his suits 'coz he's not getting a new one!

Daughter already asked if she could have a party at the house when we were gone. I said no.

I wish you could be too Rita but it'll be boring and tiresome... The real party will be the actual day of the wedding, trust me :mrgreen:

oh and if you don't get a new dress i'll be disappointed ;)

• eMMI wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Me and hubby are in!

Can't wait to see you, so. :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:

I'll be arriving pretty late in the eve, the night before. :? I've got a seminar thing for school on Thursday that I need to go to, so won't be able to leave too early.

Then I'm leaving sorta early the next day. :? But I'm not gonna complain too much, after all flights etc. are my Christmas/birthday presents - not too bad from an ex-boyfriend. :geek: :P

:lol::lol::lol: Good work eMMI :thumbup:

A few people are arriving late the night before... I don't mind so long as I get a drink with you all :D

I notice it's AFTER all the prep work is done in the afternoon... slackers :roll: :twisted:

Oh?

No wait, I agree with theserialthrilla, I don't want to ruin the surprise :mrgreen:
    im not saying a word 8-)

cant wait to see you guys and enjoy your special day!!!love u both so much!!!!!! :)

Oh?

im not saying a word 8-)

cant wait to see you guys and enjoy your special day!!!love u both so much!!!!!! :)
    We love you too Dimi!! We're so pleased you're coming to share the day with us, we can't thank you enough for travelling so far xxx

:lol::lol::lol: Good work eMMI :thumbup:

A few people are arriving late the night before... I don't mind so long as I get a drink with you all :D

I notice it's AFTER all the prep work is done in the afternoon... slackers :roll: :twisted:

Thanks. :lol: I'm sure a drink can be arranged somehow. :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    oh and if you don't get a new dress i'll be disappointed ;)

Screw that, Bridezilla. ;):lol: Old dresses need some lovin' too, especially if they haven't gotten a chance to get out in a long time. :(
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    I'm iiiiiiiiinnnn! :D :wave:
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I thought my outfit was sorted until at the hen weekend a certain someone saw a photo of me at another wedding and asked if I'd wear that dress to her wedding :shock:

Eeerrrmmmm ... I'm one of your bridesmaids I thought the outfit thing was already sorted and I was supposed to coordinate with the other bridesmaids :? :lol:;)

So outfit organised, arrival eveningish but hopefully still in time to be some use :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Guests are just supposed to enjoy themselves, eat and drink and give hugs all around when one is pissed - not do any prep work! :mrgreen:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M90tA302X3k

I AM IIIIIIIIIIIN! FUCK YEAAAAH!

I have to find a new dress. Something similar to the one I wore at Helen's wedding. Must bring heels! I think I'm the earliest arrival on Thursday, so we can have our drink quite early - big shout out to Taxi Christoff!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • 71step28 wrote:
    I'm iiiiiiiiinnnn! :D :wave:

Whooooooooot!! :mrgreen:
    And I'll say the same to you as I said to Dimi, thank you sooooooo much for travelling so far to share our day :) xx
    chime wrote:
    I thought my outfit was sorted until at the hen weekend a certain someone saw a photo of me at another wedding and asked if I'd wear that dress to her wedding :shock:

Eeerrrmmmm ... I'm one of your bridesmaids I thought the outfit thing was already sorted and I was supposed to coordinate with the other bridesmaids :? :lol:;)

The penny just dropped that you're talking about me :oops: :lol:
    I like the outfit you have chosen.. that lovely brown number... go with that ;)
    redrock wrote:

Guests are just supposed to enjoy themselves, eat and drink and give hugs all around when one is pissed - not do any prep work! :mrgreen:

Bridesmaids aren't supposed to enjoy themselves until everything is done! :twisted: #bridezilla
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm the earliest arrival on Thursday, so we can have our drink quite early - big shout out to Taxi Christoff!

Yes, BIG shout out to Christophe, he's being brilliant and I don't know what I'd do without his driving skillz and sunny disposition :D

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Me!!!!!!!

I am in :D
    Outfit - sorted :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: (and I am pretty excited about it!)
    Wedding pressie - Sorted :D
    Think I get into Brum about 15.25 the day before and leave ummm...on Sunday to go to Frank Turner :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    Me!!!!!!!

I am in :D
    Outfit - sorted :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: (and I am pretty excited about it!)
    Wedding pressie - Sorted :D
    Think I get into Brum about 15.25 the day before and leave ummm...on Sunday to go to Frank Turner :D
    oooooh! which dress now? :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    You are going to have such a fantastic time!!

:D
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Congrats!