The Sian-of-the-dead & audiodave's Wedding Thread

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    congrats....I'm getting married on the same day
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    edited October 2011
    ilockyer wrote:
    My dress officially needs NOTHING doing to it! It will cost £0!! #Happydance :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hair trial tomorrow :D

That is great news!

It is! Dave's suit is sorted too so we're all done on the clothing front :mrgreen:

Just gotta sort out you and Dave now ;):lol:8-)
    Post edited by Sian-of-the-dead on
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • congrats....I'm getting married on the same day

5 weeks today???

HUGE Congrats! :D:D:D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    My dress officially needs NOTHING doing to it! It will cost £0!! #Happydance :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hair trial tomorrow :D

Hurrah! You still love it too :D
    (I do know someone who tried on her dress for alteration and hated it, in her head I think she had changed the way it looked...and ended up buying a new one!)

I have to go for a fitting of mine soon...no idea when, must check!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    congrats....I'm getting married on the same day

5 weeks today???

HUGE Congrats! :D:D:D

my bad....6 weeks today, didn't realize you started this last week

thanks!!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dottles wrote:
    (I do know someone who tried on her dress for alteration and hated it, in her head I think she had changed the way it looked...and ended up buying a new one!)

My sister had to buy a new dress 2 days before her wedding, as the one she had picked about 18 months before hand had discoloured slightly when she left it in for some beading to be sewn on. Panic was not the word, but she ended up getting an even nicer one, with a corset-type thing sewn in at the back within a few hours and it was beautiful! These things always work out in the end :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:

My sister had to buy a new dress 2 days before her wedding, as the one she had picked about 18 months before hand had discoloured slightly when she left it in for some beading to be sewn on. Panic was not the word, but she ended up getting an even nicer one, with a corset-type thing sewn in at the back within a few hours and it was beautiful! These things always work out in the end :lol:

My sister went to try hers on the day before the wedding and it literally dropped to the floor :shock: ... she had lost weight (as a lot of brides do) ... had to be taken in down both side seams day before the wedding.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    In an attempt to 1) cheer myself up and 2) finally get to decidin' what I'm going to wear, I had a little dress fitting of my own. :lol: Went quite well, I think.

Also, I have a question: The easiest (or only, since I'm arriving late) way to get to the hotel from el aeropuerto is by taxi, no? And are they readily available?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • cant wait for this :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eMMI wrote:
    In an attempt to 1) cheer myself up and 2) finally get to decidin' what I'm going to wear, I had a little dress fitting of my own. :lol: Went quite well, I think.

Also, I have a question: The easiest (or only, since I'm arriving late) way to get to the hotel from el aeropuerto is by taxi, no? And are they readily available?

Yeah, the easiest way from the airport is probably taxi... they should be readily available from outside... or you can get a train to Coventry station from the airport station (Birmingham International) and then a taxi from Coventry station... entirely up to you :)

• So I had a hair trial... and it was very successful! I love it! :D I don't envy the hairdresser though... It took 2.5 hours :?

4 weeks on Friday :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    2.5hrs! Bloody hell!

I've been told off by Rob because I'm going to wear a black dress - he says I'm never out of black - which is not true!
  • redrock wrote:
    2.5hrs! Bloody hell!

I've been told off by Rob because I'm going to wear a black dress - he says I'm never out of black - which is not true!

It's not true! I have photos of you in a green dress at Rage in June last year! :P

Nuthin' wrong with black! :D

• 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    redrock wrote:
    2.5hrs! Bloody hell!

It's not true! I have photos of you in a green dress at Rage in June last year! :P

good! Because my dress is black ;):D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    71step28 wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    2.5hrs! Bloody hell!

good! Because my dress is black ;):D

Ah, you two are shitting me..?! My dress may or may not be black. :? :lol: Well, final final decision pending. :P
    Yeah, the easiest way from the airport is probably taxi... they should be readily available from outside... or you can get a train to Coventry station from the airport station (Birmingham International) and then a taxi from Coventry station... entirely up to you :)

Cheers, dear. :) Any idea if there's a difference in cost between taxi and train+taxi? :think: (I'll probably just grab a nice and simple taxi anyway though. :P )
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    My dress is black too :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    My dress is black too :lol:

Ah feck, mine is black and white (all being well)... we must promise we will not look funeral like though Sian!
    (My Nan was appalled at the thought of people wearing black to a wedding!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Jeeeeez are you all going to Dave's funeral or what???

Oh wait... :lol:;)8-)

Don't worry, I won't look very funeral-y all going well!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Jeeeeez are you all going to Dave's funeral or what???

Oh wait... :lol:;)8-)

:lol:
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Jennytree wrote:
    Don't worry, I won't look very funeral-y all going well!

Me either... I hope!
  • In all honesty I don't mind what colour you girls wear, i'm just happy you'll be there :D

Update: Dave paid the registrars today... It's all definitely going ahead then :shock:

Oooh, another thing crossed off the list!
  • dottles wrote:
    Oooh, another thing crossed off the list!

Indeed! I've also sorted the readings and i'm currently tweaking my speech :D

31 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes, 49 seconds to go :shock: :mrgreen:8-)

• HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Considering I've been asked to take the mullet out of retirement for this OTOTO event, I can't imagine I'd look too funeraly.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Hinn wrote:
    Considering I've been asked to take the mullet out of retirement for this OTOTO event, I can't imagine I'd look too funeraly.

OTOTO event?

Hinn wrote:

OTOTO event?
    phew, glad you asked...I have no idea!

I thought you were going to have green hair Hinn?? ;):mrgreen:
  • One Time, One Time Only
  • One Time, One Time Only

• HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Hinn wrote:

OTOTO event?
    Um, you said I should wear it, no?

Or I'm quite happy to just make my hair whatever colour you'd like

Or just show up like a normal person, even!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!