The Sian-of-the-dead & audiodave's Wedding Thread

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Ah yes, must remember to do my nails at some point. :lol:

I'm ready and I'm not ready. *is mysterious* One of my tasks for today is to write a list! Possibly multiple lists. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:

I'm ready and I'm not ready. *is mysterious* One of my tasks for today is to write a list! Possibly multiple lists. :mrgreen:

Ahhh lists... I do love them so... I currently have 4 on the go :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just need to colour my hair (been putting it off as I am too lazy but can't really justify £50+ at the hairdresser) and find my mom's original (one would say vintage now!) beaded evening bag to go with the dress. Not wearing her original petticoat so will try with the bag! Not too worried about nails as I broke them all and they're not long enough for strong colours :( . Oh yeah... got to think about stuff for around the neck and wrists and everything!
    eMMI wrote:

Ahhh lists... I do love them so... I currently have 4 on the go :mrgreen:

Lists are the best things ever. <3:lol: I'm gonna end up with at least three today, I think. :think:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    redrock wrote:
    Just need to colour my hair (been putting it off as I am too lazy but can't really justify £50+ at the hairdresser) and find my mom's original (one would say vintage now!) beaded evening bag to go with the dress. Not wearing her original petticoat so will try with the bag! Not too worried about nails as I broke them all and they're not long enough for strong colours :( . Oh yeah... got to think about stuff for around the neck and wrists and everything!

Oh shoot, I need to find a bag! :shock: I think I have one that might be suitable. Going for matching accessories, the shades might not be the same but the colour will. :lol:
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    ilockyer wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    Not long now! :mrgreen: I should really practise walking in heels. :shock: :lol:

A question! Does anyone have an idea of how much a taxi to/fro the airport will cost? I'd like to have some idea as to how much cash to bring with me. :think:

You're looking at about £30, maybe £5 more or less depending on traffic, based on the cheapest option here:

http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/

*gulp* oki dokes...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    redrock wrote:

I ordered a bag from M&S yesterday as the one I was going to use didn't look right, am not actually sure if the one I have ordered will either but I went into panic mode :lol:
    I had my hair cut and coloured on Saturday, and the colouring went wrong :shock: so I have had to have it re-coloured, so whilst it is not the colour I had envisaged on Saturday morning, it isn't too odd either!
    I need to buy nail varnish, I can't find the one I wanted at home :(
    Instaed of a necklace I have a corsage thingy but it'll either be on my dress or in my hair...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I did a hair trial on Sunday evening, it turned out well so I'll be going with that. Will have to bring a curlers with me though :roll: although it only takes me about 10 minutes to curl my hair.

My nails keep splitting so they're all short now but I'll still have them painted prettily.

Tights... must bring tights, and more than one pair!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Tights... must bring tights, and more than one pair!

Must buy tights! *writes on list*
    Jennytree wrote:
    I did a hair trial on Sunday evening, it turned out well so I'll be going with that. Will have to bring a curlers with me though :roll: although it only takes me about 10 minutes to curl my hair.

Hair trials? :shock: Do I have to rethink my usual wash, comb out and let dry naturally then brush? I never really do anything with my hair except crimp it to the max for fun..... :?
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    Bought the shirt and tie yesterday to go with my new suit.

Need to pack tonight, the Mrs and I are heading to London tomorrow and staying the night. And THEN it's off to Coventry on Thursday to begin the festivities. :D

We really can't wait. I have my train tickets, my suit, my suit cover, my wallet, my passport (don't go anywhere without it), my ipod, and my lovely girl by my side. I think I am READY :lol:
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    ooOOoo... who's The Rock?
    redrock wrote:
    ooOOoo... who's The Rock?

only THE MOST electrifying man in all of entertainment!
    Then I guess we haven't met, have we?

Wait a minute... are you talking about THE Rock or about yourself? :? :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:

The Rock = jabroni beating, pie eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow raising, step off the brake, put your foot on the gas, always ready to whoop some ass, people's champ!

Ross = 5'8 of nothing, 9 stone nothing, people's nothing :?
    The Rock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

The Rock = jabroni beating, pie eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow raising, step off the brake, put your foot on the gas, always ready to whoop some ass, people's champ!

:lol::lol::lol: I don't think we have met then. It will be a pleasure on Friday!

And if we have met but in a drunken stupor and I don't remember, blame it on the alcohol or on a senior moment on my part.
    redrock wrote:
    The Rock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: I don't think we have met then. It will be a pleasure on Friday!

And if we have met but in a drunken stupor and I don't remember, blame it on the alcohol or on a senior moment on my part.

haha, we probably have met at some pre-show party. I was at the pre-show party in London 2007 and Manchester 2009.
    I think I know who you are now.... :mrgreen:

Oh and ladies... found my mum's vintage bag. It's a lot tinier than I thought! :? Can barely get my phone in it. Oh well.. at a push, it goes in, can put my lippy, a tissue or two and a bit of money. That's all I need. Rob can have all the rest in his pockets! :lol:
    redrock wrote:
    I think I know who you are now.... :mrgreen:

Oh and ladies... found my mum's vintage bag. It's a lot tinier than I thought! :? Can barely get my phone in it. Oh well.. at a push, it goes in, can put my lippy, a tissue or two and a bit of money. That's all I need. Rob can have all the rest in his pockets! :lol:

Us men do come in useful when we're needed ;)
  • hey,how is the weather at uk now?deggreess?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    hey,how is the weather at uk now?deggreess?

There you go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652221
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    hey,how is the weather at uk now?deggreess?

There you go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652221
    thanks Pippa..ok,like here..got it.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Has anyone who's going to the wedding received the deluxe yet?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Hinn wrote:

Not as yet...
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Hinn wrote:
    yes, got it this Saturday :)
    Hinn wrote:
    No :evil: :evil: :cry:
    I was dispatched three weeks ago, so it may be a while yet!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Woohooooo... last working day! Must start packing early enough so that I don't forget anything :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Day after tomorrow! So excited for you! :D
  • leaving home in 5...
    Athens for a few hours and im gonna see you guys.in 27 hours. :)
  • leaving home in 5...
    Athens for a few hours and im gonna see you guys.in 27 hours. :)

Safe journey