The Sian-of-the-dead & audiodave's Wedding Thread

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    redrock wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I need to get a petticoat for mine... decision on going black or going random colour :lol::lol:

I think we're gonna look quite similar :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not a petticoat with a black dress!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was going to wear (random colour petticoat!).

**needs to completely rethink her outfit and see what else there is in the wardrobe (or shops!)**

:lol: we shall form an awseome trio of petticoat wearing ladies!
    I don't know what to do about my petticoat, so it may well be black yet :D and my dress is defo black and white...as long as Kit uses the material I picked :lol:
    Plus my dress isn't a halter neck, hence having to haveit made in order to accommodate boobage.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I have different coloured petticoats, I'm going to try NOT wear a black one, and I shall wear colourdy shoes too :D Anytime I look for heels in my size on ebay, the word 'drag' appears. FMBigFeet :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited November 2011
    dottles wrote:
    :lol: we shall form an awseome trio of petticoat wearing ladies! .

I do not wish to form a trio of similar outfit wearing ladies when the other two are half my age (and I don't have to worry about accommodating boobage)!!!! Call me vain.. :lol:

Dimi - you would look lovely in a black dress/skirt. I'm imagining in an evzone black winter uniform. Maybe you will even have the pompoms on your shoes!!! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by redrock on
    Jennytree wrote:
    I have different coloured petticoats, I'm going to try NOT wear a black one,

Just not purple or red - just in case.... ;)
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    :lol: we shall form an awseome trio of petticoat wearing ladies! .

I do not wish to form a trio of similar outfit wearing ladies when the other two are half my age (and I don't have to worry about accommodating boobage)!!!! Call me vain.. :lol:

pah... loada blinkin rubbish written right there! half your age has nowt to do with it!
    you're half my size... if we were to worry about such things we'd all live in trakkie bottoms ;):D
    Besides I don't know if my dress will even suit me yet lol, I try the calico version on tomorrow night to see!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Jennytree wrote:
    I have different coloured petticoats, I'm going to try NOT wear a black one, and I shall wear colourdy shoes too :D Anytime I look for heels in my size on ebay, the word 'drag' appears. FMBigFeet :lol:

Colouredy shoes huh, think I am sticking with black... I am a little worried about the abundance of black on me so will come up with an accessories plan :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I think I'm all decided on my dress, shoes and hair. Make up is planned, but subject to possible changes. Still need a bag and final decision on back-up shoes (will have to bring flats just in case, methinks, been a while since I wore heels :P ). :thumbup:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • I'm not on the list? :o I'm only a fucking bridesmaid :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Something ya wanna tell me Sian? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • I'm not on the list? :o I'm only a fucking bridesmaid :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Something ya wanna tell me Sian? :D

:lol: Nooooo! I was adding people as they posted in the thread... Nice of you to join us, Bridemaid ;)

Leanne, Jenny, Rita... I have a feeling you're all going 50's style... if so, petticoats of random colour is all good! :D (The bridesmaids are in halterneck 50's prom dresses!) I can't wait to see you all! :D

Chris, you had better fit in that suit! It looks awesome on you :D

Dimi, if only you lived closer, I could take you suit shopping! :D Little Dave and I went suit shopping on Monday... No suit was purchased, instead we ended up with no sleep and hangovers :oops: I'm taking Ian suit shopping soon, I hope our shopping trip is more productive! :lol:

Pip - Don't worry about the chairs, the wedding co-ordinator is doing it for me on the morning of the wedding :D

Plan for the Thursday is:
    2pm - check in and decorate chapel suite
    3:30 - 4pm - massage followed by shower
    4:30 - 5pm - Go and see flowers
    5:30 onwards - Mingle with you commoners, have food, annoy Chris and little Dave with Princess style demands, get drunk :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Leanne, Jenny, Rita... I have a feeling you're all going 50's style... if so, petticoats of random colour is all good! :D (The bridesmaids are in halterneck 50's prom dresses!) I can't wait to see you all! :D
    Yep.... Halterneck as well. Hell Bunny type dress (am I too old to still wear this? :? ). I think I will most probably go for purple petticoat. Need to get something to cover my bat wings though.....

At the week-end we'll see if Rob still fits in his 'posh' stuff!
    mine will be something like the one on the left of this pic as long as it suits me :lol: -

dress2.jpg

dress1.jpg
  • this will be so much fun!!!my first wedding to uk,(being to one at Spain some years ago) :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 5:30 onwards - Mingle with you commoners, have food, annoy Chris and little Dave with Princess style demands, get drunk :thumbup:
    5:35 get thrown into swimming pool by Chris and little Dave for making outrageous princess style demands
    5:38 Chris and little Dave return with the real Sian after throwing the obvious imposter into the pool
    5:42 Meanwhile, in the diary room...

Corrected for ya :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
    this will be so much fun!!!my first wedding to uk,(being to one at Spain some years ago) :)
    It will be :D you'll have to explain how it differes from wedding in Greece!
  • 5:30 onwards - Mingle with you commoners, have food, annoy Chris and little Dave with Princess style demands, get drunk :thumbup:
    5:35 get thrown into swimming pool by Chris and little Dave for making outrageous princess style demands
    5:38 Chris and little Dave return with the real Sian after throwing the obvious imposter into the pool

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG.... THREE WEEKS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

Just dusted my dress and tried it on... whoops :oops: Must have put on a 'couple' of kilos since I last wore it... :oops:

The petticoat is fine though! Maybe I'll just wear that on it' own (with a top obviously!)! :mrgreen:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    5:30 onwards - Mingle with you commoners, have food, annoy Chris and little Dave with Princess style demands, get drunk :thumbup:

I was going to say, without reading the whole thread, when the HELL is this wedding? :lol:

I wish you both the best of luck. Two of my friends met through this board and I'm thrilled to say they have been happily married since 2003. Very happily married.

All the best for your future together.
  • redrock wrote:
    Just dusted my dress and tried it on... whoops :oops: Must have put on a 'couple' of kilos since I last wore it... :oops:

The petticoat is fine though! Maybe I'll just wear that on it' own (with a top obviously!)! :mrgreen:

Ahhh it can't be that bad? :)

• Corrected for ya :P

I was going to say, without reading the whole thread, when the HELL is this wedding? :lol:

I wish you both the best of luck. Two of my friends met through this board and I'm thrilled to say they have been happily married since 2003. Very happily married.

All the best for your future together.

Thank you very much :mrgreen:

• 2.5 weeks :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The table plan is nearly done, my dress is in hand, our spare room looks like wedding central and the final plans are coming together...

Man I can't wait, it's gonna be amazing :mrgreen:

I did a bit of a dress fitting yesterday. The red petticoat I was going to go for is HUGE! I couldn't do that to ye :lol: So it'll be back to black for meeee (I did try!). I still have to sew straps and take in the dress but should be good to go once I get an evening at it. My shoes are on the way too :D

So much to do... and I'm only the guest!

I hope yer doing some chillaxing now and embracing the last few weeks! Are yourself and Daithí having a few days apart beforehand?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    IThe red petticoat I was going to go for is HUGE! I couldn't do that to ye :lol:
    Made me try my purple one on... Mine seems huge too now. Is yours a Hell Bunny one?
    Jennytree wrote:
    and take in the dress..

ooOOoo :mrgreen: I must admit it would seem I put on a few pounds since I last wore mine :oops: It's a bit tight. But I'm not eating any crap whatsoever until the day so hopefully it should be OK (or I will need to make a mad dash to the shops the day before!).
    My dress isn't even made yet :shock: :lol: well it's made in calico and I have been assured it will be all finished by the 20th - phew!
    However the search for a ballerina length petticoat continues! On a plus point, my cardigan to hide my horrific arms arrived today and it's lovely and fluffy :D

I hope you and Dave are getting excited Sian. I was thinking about stuff, as you do, and it's wierd the turns life takes... from me being scared witless of you all and running away in Manchester, to ordering a touring girls tee shirt, to being able to share in the happiness and joy of your beautiful wedding day.
    redrock wrote:
    Is yours a Hell Bunny one?

I have no idea tbh! My friend gave me a few before she emigrated, but this one is way too big for someone elses wedding :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Bugger Jenny... I'm having second thoughts now....

Post a pic of the petticoat...

Leanne - did you really run away in Manchester? :lol:
  • Ladies! What do you mean your petticoats are 'too big'? Too big as in don't fit you or too big as in you're worried it'lll make you look like this:

aquamarine-vintage-dress-floral-1950s-vintage-hat-yellow-petticoat-skirt-r_400.jpg

Because if you do then don't worry!!

I assume your 'coats are like this:

img-thing.jpg

In which case it'll make your dress look like this:

36C607C0.jpg

Which is frickin' awesome!! :D

• Jennytree wrote:
    So much to do... and I'm only the guest!

I hope yer doing some chillaxing now and embracing the last few weeks! Are yourself and Daithí having a few days apart beforehand?

Aww it's nice you're making such and effort... I feel honoured :D

Sinead and I will be spending the afternoon and evening before the wedding apart. He's dropping me off at the venue with everything about 1pm and then I won't see him or talk to him until I walk down the aisle... exciting times :mrgreen:
    dottles wrote:
    My dress isn't even made yet :shock: :lol: well it's made in calico and I have been assured it will be all finished by the 20th - phew!
    However the search for a ballerina length petticoat continues! On a plus point, my cardigan to hide my horrific arms arrived today and it's lovely and fluffy :D

I hope you and Dave are getting excited Sian. I was thinking about stuff, as you do, and it's wierd the turns life takes... from me being scared witless of you all and running away in Manchester, to ordering a touring girls tee shirt, to being able to share in the happiness and joy of your beautiful wedding day.

I just had chest pains about your dress being ready on time... Don't do that to me :wtf: :lol:

It is a bit strange... To think, 18 months ago I didn't know you, lil' Dave or Yvonne... and 4 years ago I had only just met my Dave! :o Funny how life turns out eh? :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:

Yes, yes she did... she avoided the meet up the night before and sat in her hotel room... madness. :roll: :lol:

• To give y'all a brief update, the wedding is 16 days away...

or 390 hours...

or 23446 minutes...

Whichever you'd prefer. Either way it's damned close and the nerves/excitement are setting in. I have a list (several infact - I even have a list of lists I need to write!) and everything is in hand. To be honest, not having a job right now is a Godsend as I'm getting so much done each day.

I am suffering a bit with stress. I'm guzzling Gaviscon like it's going out of fashion and constantly striving to get stuff ticked off... but it will all be done by the Tuesday before the wedding so we can relax :thumbup:

Now, I really need to finish Dave's present... :think:

Ladies! What do you mean your petticoats are 'too big'? I assume your 'coats are like this:

This is mine: medscalePetticoat%20Purple.jpg

With a dress of similar shape to the red one you posted (which is absolutely gorgeous! Maybe I should buy that one!).

It does look big (too fluffy), doesn't it?
    redrock wrote:

Yes, yes she did... she avoided the meet up the night before and sat in her hotel room... madness. :roll: :lol:

:shock: I never knew! That would've been a great night to come meet us all! I remember having a light beverage :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!