Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I successfully opened the package... wearing oven mitts, a skiing helmet and goggles, and a surgical mask.

Good thing _ as it actually did contain poo. AND it appears that the package had been opened at some point, perhaps by customs? But they didn't confisciate the poo. Details follow.

Apologies as I cannot get these ^%$#@ photos to situate correctly on this page...

First thing: Bones for the unlost dogs! (They say HOHOHO if you hold them the right way, IOIOIO the way they appear in this photo, and OHOHOH upside down:

th_xmashohoho.jpg

Second thing: To set the proper context, you'd have to resurrect the late, lamented The Person Above Me Sucks Big Time thread, July 13, 2010, 12:36 p.m. when I responded to someone's comment about liking Marmite... I wrote "tpamsbt for eating plastic. (Marmite, with a name like that, whatever it is must be nonorganic material.)"

th_xmasmarmite.jpg

Third thing: Reindeer poo. Enough said. I completely LOVE IT!!!!

th_xmasreindeerpoo.jpg

Final thing: And this is what I really, really love: A calendar filled with PJ20 images, including the museum, Alpine shots, and photos of many of those who are near and dear to me!

th_xmascalendarcover.jpg
    th_xmascalendarkevin.jpg

Nice work, theserialthrilla! You got me good, Kevin!

Smooch to you, my Marmite-eating, PJ toasting, reindeer pooing friend!

very lovely unlost! :clap:
    and :o :shock: thrilla! nice job on the gifts! (you sure you didn't have Mrs. Thrilla shop for you? ;) )

ALL the gifts so far are so creative and wonderful! Hopefully I will have a job soon, and can participate next year!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    wouhouuuu just received and Fedex tracking email. Something from Georgia has been sent to my place!! :mrgreen:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    FitPearl wrote:
    wouhouuuu just received and Fedex tracking email. Something from Georgia has been sent to my place!! :mrgreen:

Dear God, I hope it isn't a zombie in a box.

You know, that's where they film The Walking Dead.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    FitPearl wrote:

Dear God, I hope it isn't a zombie in a box.

You know, that's where they film The Walking Dead.

if its shaking by itself, I wont open it and ill return to sender!! :o

:lol:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Got a card from my SS last week (which advised me to wait until I receive the red box before I open the card :)). I received the red box a few days ago and have put both card and gift under the Christmas tree thinking that I'll have enough will power to wait until the 25th. I don't think I will make it to Christmas before I open it though. :D Thank you ever so much Secret Santa!!! I will post again when I finally give into the call to open it. :lol:

Merry Christmas!! Thanks again! :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Post Office says that my package will reach its destination on Monday...woot!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Thanks to Matt (aka MFC 2006)!

I'll post pics tomorrow :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Jukee wrote:

It arrived??? I was getting worried! Enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Nothing here for me yet....but we still have over a week for Christmas!

I had to send 2 pkgs also and hoping they both made it!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    redrock wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    I was wondering if they arrived safely. As they were sent together, I was hoping that they would probably get there together. (oh USPS... :cry:)

You should know better than that! ;):lol:
    I do- I do :oops: :) I was praying to the postal gods.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    vduboise wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    I was wondering if they arrived safely. As they were sent together, I was hoping that they would probably get there together. (oh USPS... :cry:)

You should know better than that! ;):lol:
    I do- I do :oops: :) I was praying to the postal gods.

I've got two on the way as well. The post office said they would reach destination well before Christmas. Hopefully and hopefully both packages together as well!
  • Got a card from my SS last week (which advised me to wait until I receive the red box before I open the card :)). I received the red box a few days ago and have put both card and gift under the Christmas tree thinking that I'll have enough will power to wait until the 25th. I don't think I will make it to Christmas before I open it though. :D Thank you ever so much Secret Santa!!! I will post again when I finally give into the call to open it. :lol:

Merry Christmas!! Thanks again! :)

YAY! don't wait to open it :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Seen as I wouldn't be able to take my SS pressie with me over x-mas (I usually wait to open them on x-mas day) I caved and opened it to alleviate some of the ticket buying angst ... I apologise as I don't currently have a camera ... my SS had clearly had done their research as I received:

Klausen Soundgarden poster from the Showbox show (currently being flattened so it can go in the portfolio) - no I didn't already have it :mrgreen:
    The book/handout that was given out at some showings of PJ20 (but none in Europe ;) )
    A sticker and t-shirt from Easy Street Records ... more research as it was the right size!
    .... and what everyone always loves to receive ... CHOCOLATE :P

... an all round Seattle theme.

So thank you Mensane for your kindness and genorosity and I wish you and yours a most wonderful holiday season :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Was Just informed by my injured wife that I have a package at the house that just arrived from Ireland
    approx 8"x8"x6" :D:D I am not sure I will be able to withhold from opening it until Dec 25th. :shock:

I will be sending out my present this week. Again, I apologize for not sending it sooner. I do promise its
    on its way.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    chime wrote:
    Seen as I wouldn't be able to take my SS pressie with me over x-mas (I usually wait to open them on x-mas day) I caved and opened it to alleviate some of the ticket buying angst ... I apologise as I don't currently have a camera ... my SS had clearly had done their research as I received:

Klausen Soundgarden poster from the Showbox show (currently being flattened so it can go in the portfolio) - no I didn't already have it :mrgreen:
    The book/handout that was given out at some showings of PJ20 (but none in Europe ;) )
    A sticker and t-shirt from Easy Street Records ... more research as it was the right size!
    .... and what everyone always loves to receive ... CHOCOLATE :P

... an all round Seattle theme.

So thank you Mensane for your kindness and genorosity and I wish you and yours a most wonderful holiday season :D

yay!!! so glad you liked it. i'm glad the tshirt was the right size. i saw your posts about trying to find your size. i hope you have a lovely holiday!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Package safely arrived here...all the way from Israel! :o Thank you Secret Santa! :D
    I will post after I open it on Christmas, if I can wait that long... :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    wolfbear wrote:
    Package safely arrived here...all the way from Israel! :o Thank you Secret Santa! :D
    Yea!!!! So glad it finally arrived. I sent it nearly 3 weeks ago.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    i want my present ... :lol::lol::lol:
    who had me...

come on

I feel the same damn way. :lol: I'm so impatient to these types of things. Especially when you see all the great prezzies everyone is getting. :D
  • I received mine yesterday...although had to retrieve it from the post office today as I was at work at the time the postie came!

Thank you, thank you soooooooo much Dimitris...I love everything you sent me, and I didn't have any of those things! Have a blimmin great Christmas, hugs and kisses mmmmmwah!

DSC00719.jpg
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    sheila0225 wrote:
    who had me...

come on

I feel the same damn way. :lol: I'm so impatient to these types of things. Especially when you see all the great prezzies everyone is getting. :D

:lol: Same here!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Jukee wrote:

pictures!! pictures!! :D:D

happy holidays to you & your family, Jukee :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    002-1.jpg
    I'm a game show fanatic and have already watched all 3 hrs and 45 min of this!

005-1-1.jpg
    An uncle Jesse pin that i've pinned to the visor in my car :lol:

006-1.jpg
    I've been wanting to buy a turntable for awhile now and this is the perfect excuse!

007-1.jpg
    One more sticker to add to my laptop :D

Thanks so much MFC2006! You must have really did your research on me...either that or your psychic because I don't ever remember talking on here about my love for game shows, or my love for uncle Jesse for that matter :lol: Merry Christmas and the very best to you in 2012!! :D:D:D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    rafie wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:
    Yea!!!! So glad it finally arrived. I sent it nearly 3 weeks ago.
    I know...you are the only one from Israel so not sooo secret! haha And, we weren't home when it was delivered so had to go to the post office to pick it up. It did actually arrive a few days earlier. Thank you again and can't wait to open! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Jukee wrote:
    005-1-1.jpg
    An uncle Jesse pin that i've pinned to the visor in my car :lol:

:lol::lol:

It must be reassuring to know Uncle Jesse is watching over you.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited December 2011
    who had me...

come on

Mwwwaaaaahahahahaha........................................ :twisted: :twisted:
    Post edited by redrock on
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    thefixer9 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    who had me...

come on

:lol: Same here!
    +1 same from me too!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    At least I'll be out of school now when it arrives! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    getting down to the wire

empty.gif
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
This discussion has been closed.