Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    Enkidu wrote:
    Anick, you are a fabulous Secret Santa and yes I figured out who you are - not many Secret Santa people from Montreal. Your gift is fabulous and you were such a great spy reading about me working from home and knowing what I like. Your pictures are fabulous - the photo I'm posting doesn't do them justice. I can't decide if I should put them on the wall or clear some space on my counter (that would involve me cleaning - yuck).

PJ fans are the best, let's face it. Thank you again and I almost tried to say that in my high school French but I went to Google translate instead:

Merci du fond du coeur. Vous etes incroyables.

photo-17-1.jpg

wouhouuuuuuu thats cool! I'M glad you like it! I saw gifts that other user sent ad I was thinkg: OMG i'm so not original! :o :shock:

Like I said, i'm very proud of those and its not unique, since I have give a few for Montreal & Ontario's fundraiser, but i'm very happy you like it! :D

and translation is perfect. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Just back from the post office. They assured me it would get to its destination in the next few days.

I hope I included enough Purina Ferret Chow... :?

8 lbs. should be enough :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • this is too fun, seeing what everyone's opening up!! definitely putting me in the XMas spirit....

i checked the tracking on my package and it should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday (i'm a nerd and check it every day when i get home from work to see if it's arrived yet :oops: )....I hope they like it, i had a lot of fun putting it together! :D

.....nothing here yet, but i'm waiting patiently....
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • So many awesome, thoughtful presents so far :D:D:D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • fuck..i just saw in my room.. ..the christmas card i suppose to put in the package..
    fuck...im so sorry..how this happened..so sorry to the one will receive the package.. :lol::lol::lol:
    oh shit..my mind is fucked up :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    .my mind is fucked up :roll:

Nah.... just filled with other thoughts! :D
  • redrock wrote:
    .my mind is fucked up :roll:

Nah.... just filled with other thoughts! :D
    yeah,,doesnt mean this fucked up is a bad thing.. :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • A package has arrived at La Casa De BD (in NJ, I am in FL)... From our neighbors up north :D

It suggests not opening until 12/25... Being jewish I am going to put it under the Hanukkah bush and open on the 20th...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

I'm very exicited :mrgreen:
    So Rule #1 - Never let a 6 year old read a posting stamp :lol:

Just got home and it's from across the pond... UK :mrgreen:

A styrofoam package that is driving the kids nuts because I am waiting
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I received a treasure trove from my Secret Santa!

010.jpg
      A calendar of London A Christmas doorhanger A Who magnet A toy for my doggies Chocolates (I ate all the toffee ones in record time :oops: ) No less than 14 CDs A Beatles mug

I mentioned in my wish list that I have to spend a lot of time in my car and always like to have new music to listen to, so a copy of a fave CD would be nice. But wow! 14 CDs and they are all new to me:

011.jpg

I'm so excited about listening to all my new music!

And the item that my prince and I will probably fight over: :lol:

015.jpg

This came with the message "I hope you don't dislike the Beatles!" As Boomers, we are absolute Beatle fans! Especially my prince, who still has the battered Lennon-McCartney songbook that his mom bought him when he was 14 and just learning to play guitar. :lol:

Thank you, chime! What a lovely assortment of goodies and I'm delighted with every one of them! And thank you for including my fur-kids. Penny and I have been playing tug of war with their new toy. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    awesome!!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I'm sending mine in the mail tomorrow
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    So many lovely pressies :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    i would love to see a post from my SS recipient this week....it should have arrived by now. i sent it 2 1/2 weeks ago. :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    i would love to see a post from my SS recipient this week....it should have arrived by now. i sent it 2 1/2 weeks ago. :?

aww, Matt!! Im surprised you still havent heard anything! I have sent things overseas that have taken over 2 weeks; maybe thats the situation for your person? Or maybe they havent been online?

i hope all turns out okay :?
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Hmm.. I haven't heard from my recipient either.
  • :D
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thank you, chime!

I am so glad it arrived on time! Because of the weight I had to send it surface rather than air mail so was worried you may be waiting until the new year :oops:

Glad you liked everything. With the cds I figured if I sent an eccletic collection there may be one or two that may make it to a second listen :lol: ... and with the mug I bought it to go in a British theme and then saw the thread on the Porch about 'the Beetles and the rolling stone' and had a sudden panic that although a Who fan you may be among the Beatles haters :shock:

I hope you are feeling better and wish you and yours a wonderful x-mas :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • :D

:wave:
    i hope the last thing i'm waiting for arrives today so that i can send my Secret Santa package out
    getting a bit late for sending
    but don't want to ship out without it

PookaPullingGiantPresent_sm.jpg
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHere wrote:

:lol:
  • StillHere wrote:

is that unlost dog
    StillHere wrote:

is that unlost dog

Always heard that she was cute! :lol:
    peace,
    jo

• StillHere wrote:

is that unlost dog
    If it is... then that's a big ferret :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    StillHere wrote:

is that unlost dog[/quote]
    If it is... then that's a big ferret :?[/quote]

i think the ferrets are in the box...a whole slew of them..packed with food and water of course for the long journey

hope they don't gnaw thru the box on their way to your house BD.. got welder's gloves?
    peace,
    jo

• My Secret Santa gift arrived today! It was a very pleasant surprise after a shitty day at work. And it came from the native land of Santa himself - Finland :D
    I received a box of deliciously looking Finnish sweets - marmeladikonvehteja - a sweet little candle holder (this is going to be my only christmas decoration, it will get a special place :) ), a package of cloves to make wonderfully smelling decorations with oranges (yup, I know that custom, too!) and a beautiful card from Helsinki.
    Paljon kiitoksia, Emmi :wave:

I spend a study term in your wonderful country and happened to be in the fantastic town of Helsinki for two days before christmas in 2002. Your package reminded me of that time :D

Hyvää joulua ja onnellista uutta vuotta!
  • Emmi got u???awesome!!she is great!!!and still i have the strangest foto ever with her!!!! :lol:
    Everything arrived..YAY!

My package is going out this afternoon (or if I'm too late at the Post Office, tomorrow morning)

Excited about this one :)
    peace,
    jo

• mensanemensane Posts: 912
    My present came today!!! Thank you Stargazer76!!!

My (very well wrapped) present included:
    Ontario 2012 calendar (which will be put to good use in my office)
    A guitar tree ornament \m/
    A LOT of yummy canadian chocolate (love the chocolate moose on a stick lol)
    A jar of honey
    A jar of maple butter
    A very cute luggage tag
    ...and the best...an awesome picture frame with a black and white picture of the band playing Ottowa...the frame has 3 little guys bowing to the greatness of pearl jam...lol...

6501100949_0e24ec9ca3_z.jpg
    thank you sooooo much!!
  • mensane wrote:
    My present came today!!! Thank you Stargazer76!!!

My (very well wrapped) present included:
    Ontario 2012 calendar (which will be put to good use in my office)
    A guitar tree ornament \m/
    A LOT of yummy canadian chocolate (love the chocolate moose on a stick lol)
    A jar of honey
    A jar of maple butter
    A very cute luggage tag
    ...and the best...an awesome picture frame with a black and white picture of the band playing Ottowa...the frame has 3 little guys bowing to the greatness of pearl jam...lol...

6501100949_0e24ec9ca3_z.jpg
    thank you sooooo much!!
    NICE! can I try some of the honey? :)
This discussion has been closed.