Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• eMMI wrote:
    Teases :P

I think not :P I'm sure the picture is out there somewhere, should anyone want to know what the fricks we're talking about. :lol:
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Unlost Dogs...

Thank you so much for the gifts, I can't set up a picture but I got an awesome ferret stuffed animal, candy, Pearl Jam stickers, the complete first season of Walking Dead, and Immagine in Cornice!

The generosity is overwhelming!
  • Unlost Dogs...

Thank you so much for the gifts, I can't set up a picture but I got an awesome ferret stuffed animal, candy, Pearl Jam stickers, the complete first season of Walking Dead, and Immagine in Cornice!

Zombies and Ferrets and Pearl Jam... Oh My!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just to let my SS know my parcel has arrived. I will be waiting to open it ... and as it is not easily transportable on public transport that will have to wait until I get back from being away for x-mas ;)

Thank you and I look forward to opening it soon :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Just to let my SS know my parcel has arrived. I will be waiting to open it ... and as it is not easily transportable on public transport that will have to wait until I get back from being away for x-mas ;)

Thank you and I look forward to opening it soon :mrgreen:
    Open it now!!! Why wait?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    6508007061_0a71c7ebfc.jpg

the lovely claireack sent me this thoughtful gift ... based on my limited info - she came up with this:

* a bungee bird feeder (can't wait to hook this guy up in the crack of spring)
    * a small scented candle
    * a small roosting nest
    * pad of paper with pens
    all this stuff made either from recycled content or natural materials! ... :mrgreen:

and ALSO .. a hand woven toque! ... with PJ logo!!

thank you
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    Dear SS recepient,

Please understand my dilemma. I am undergoing a weeklong job interview. Trending towards getting said job!! (yay me). Now the dilemma is , I have NO $ to get you anything just yet. But dont fret , you should/could STILL get something by xmas or a couple days after is prob more realistic.( I really couldnt believe where I have to ship it too :? )

So, are we good?

Yours truly ,
    Secret Santa Gift Giver
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    My package shipped out today
    Excited to see how they like it :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Package arrived today!
    I was tricked into opening it, as it arrived in an amazon.ca box, and I have a lot of Amazon orders arriving!
    I opened it and thought, "These are not items I ordered. I have never heard of Amazon actually sending items they recommend you purchase based on previous shopping history, but these were very appropriate." I checked to be sure they were delivered to the right address, and then foolishly asked Mr. Guitar if he placed an order. (He does not ever buy online, unless from 10C, so of course he had not.)
    It was a mystery, until I checked the packing slip. It was from P-Jam, my secret Santa. :D
    I can now read This All Encompassing Trip (and use my official bookmark I got from Jason's Van on the Canada'11 tour) and re-live my Eddie Solo concert by watching Water on the Road
    I love them! Thanks Secret Santa!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    chime wrote:
    J ... and as it is not easily transportable on public transport that will have to wait until I get back from being away for x-mas ;)

Now that got me really wondering! :mrgreen:
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Omigoodness!! I just got my incredible gifts from Tinkerbell yesterday, WOW!! Thank you so much!!!! Here are some photos:

secretsanta1.jpg?t=1323190466

secretsanta2.jpg?t=1323190487

She really put a lot of thought into this, I can't say thank you enough! Included were:
    A book about beer (soooo cool!!!!)
    A beautiful wooden bowl
    A magnet from New Zealand
    A New Zealand inspired tapestry covered in kiwis
    A New Zealand calendar (which is now hanging in my office! :) )
    A PJ20 sticker :D
    A beautiful tea towel
    A handmade brooch (second image) - It is simply gorgeous!!

I am floored by all this...I've always wanted to go to New Zealand and now looking through those beaches in the calendar I want to go even more.

Thanks so much for bringing a piece of your beautiful country to my home Tinkerbell!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Wow I can't believe that it got to you so quickly!I haven't been on here for ages,. I'm so glad you like everything, I had so much fun putting it together.

Cool that we got each other - and seriously the book was the best present! It will be cherished! Have a great holiday :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    polaris_x wrote:
    6508007061_0a71c7ebfc.jpg

the lovely claireack sent me this thoughtful gift ... based on my limited info - she came up with this:

* a bungee bird feeder (can't wait to hook this guy up in the crack of spring)
    * a small scented candle
    * a small roosting nest
    * pad of paper with pens
    all this stuff made either from recycled content or natural materials! ... :mrgreen:

and ALSO .. a hand woven toque! ... with PJ logo!!

thank you

Yay!!! Glad it arrived safe and sound!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    I received a package a week or so ago.. it clearly says 1 of 2 on it, as well as saying "only open with the other package" I havent received the 2nd package... thinking I should try and contact the sender to let them know...

what do you think peeps? Should I wait a bit?
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    The waiting drove me mad.... :twisted: :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Unlost Dogs...

Glad you liked it, buddy!

Because, what says Happy Holidays like a box full of zombies?

I'm glad the ferret didn't eat all the chocolate.

;):D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I successfully opened the package... wearing oven mitts, a skiing helmet and goggles, and a surgical mask.

Good thing _ as it actually did contain poo. AND it appears that the package had been opened at some point, perhaps by customs? But they didn't confisciate the poo. Details follow.

Apologies as I cannot get these ^%$#@ photos to situate correctly on this page...

First thing: Bones for the unlost dogs! (They say HOHOHO if you hold them the right way, IOIOIO the way they appear in this photo, and OHOHOH upside down:

th_xmashohoho.jpg

Second thing: To set the proper context, you'd have to resurrect the late, lamented The Person Above Me Sucks Big Time thread, July 13, 2010, 12:36 p.m. when I responded to someone's comment about liking Marmite... I wrote "tpamsbt for eating plastic. (Marmite, with a name like that, whatever it is must be nonorganic material.)"

th_xmasmarmite.jpg

Third thing: Reindeer poo. Enough said. I completely LOVE IT!!!!

th_xmasreindeerpoo.jpg

Final thing: And this is what I really, really love: A calendar filled with PJ20 images, including the museum, Alpine shots, and photos of many of those who are near and dear to me!

th_xmascalendarcover.jpg
    th_xmascalendarkevin.jpg

Nice work, theserialthrilla! You got me good, Kevin!

Smooch to you, my Marmite-eating, PJ toasting, reindeer pooing friend!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Mikee J wrote:
    I received a package a week or so ago.. it clearly says 1 of 2 on it, as well as saying "only open with the other package" I havent received the 2nd package... thinking I should try and contact the sender to let them know...

Yep. :thumbup:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:

Oooooh, another Secret Santa cliffhanger!
  • Unlost Dogs...

I'm glad the ferret didn't eat all the chocolate.

;):D

Nah nah! He's (She's? :?) sitting on my heater. Now that I think of it that's probably a bad call. :lol:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I successfully opened the package... wearing oven mitts, a skiing helmet and goggles, and a surgical mask.

Good thing _ as it actually did contain poo. AND it appears that the package had been opened at some point, perhaps by customs? But they didn't confisciate the poo. Details follow.

Apologies as I cannot get these ^%$#@ photos to situate correctly on this page...

First thing: Bones for the unlost dogs! (They say HOHOHO if you hold them the right way, IOIOIO the way they appear in this photo, and OHOHOH upside down:

th_xmashohoho.jpg

Second thing: To set the proper context, you'd have to resurrect the late, lamented The Person Above Me Sucks Big Time thread, July 13, 2010, 12:36 p.m. when I responded to someone's comment about liking Marmite... I wrote "tpamsbt for eating plastic. (Marmite, with a name like that, whatever it is must be nonorganic material.)"

th_xmasmarmite.jpg

Third thing: Reindeer poo. Enough said. I completely LOVE IT!!!!

th_xmasreindeerpoo.jpg

Final thing: And this is what I really, really love: A calendar filled with PJ20 images, including the museum, Alpine shots, and photos of many of those who are near and dear to me!

th_xmascalendarcover.jpg
    th_xmascalendarkevin.jpg

Nice work, theserialthrilla! You got me good, Kevin!

Smooch to you, my Marmite-eating, PJ toasting, reindeer pooing friend!

Totally jealous of the HP sauce. I loved that stuff while I was overseas a few years back.

And a guy that is crafty and original! Way to go Kevin
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    eMMI wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:

Totally wait! Maybe one doesn't make sense without two
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Mikee J wrote:

I was wondering if they arrived safely. As they were sent together, I was hoping that they would probably get there together. (oh USPS... :cry:)

Its ok, you can open it. :D (waiting that long would have driven me crazy :lol: - you have good restraint). They are somewhat related, but can be enjoyed separately.

I hope the other one gets to you this week and not lost in postal la la land. (maybe customs is enjoying the package and don't want to let it go :x :lol:;) )
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    doesnt everyone want poo in a box for xmas ???
    only if its made out of candy ;)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    doesnt everyone want poo in a box for xmas ???

Well done, sir. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    vduboise wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:

I was wondering if they arrived safely. As they were sent together, I was hoping that they would probably get there together. (oh USPS... :cry:)

Its ok, you can open it. :D (waiting that long would have driven me crazy :lol: - you have good restraint). They are somewhat related, but can be enjoyed separately.

I hope the other one gets to you this week and not lost in postal la la land. (maybe customs is enjoying the package and don't want to let it go :x :lol:;) )

OK!! I'm gonna open it tonight!!!!! Thanks! I'll be in touch :)

This makes the whole ticket debacle feel much better :)
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Wow! Everyone's presents are FAB! Love the PJ20 calendar unlost/serial!!

Merry Xmas to ALLLLL from little NZ!!!!

Now, not to threadjack but wish me luck booking flights to Europe for next year today!!! AAAGH! Can't believe I'm doing this!!!

Ooh & neat seeing you(& other peeps) in the PJ20 wishlist vid that's floating around facebook unlost!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    vduboise wrote:

You should know better than that! ;):lol:
  • One bubble pack arrived this morning from the postman. It is now under the tree as the first official gift of the season taking up it's new place. Thank you sender! I do wait until Christmas Day to open the Secret Santa gift. So I can't really comment too much more on it. I just wanted to post a little note to let the sender know that it has arrived. Thank you!!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

This discussion has been closed.