Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Our tree is up and my secret santa pressie is underneath it all ready for Christmas day :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Leeze wrote:
    My Secret Santa gift arrived today! It was a very pleasant surprise after a shitty day at work. And it came from the native land of Santa himself - Finland :D
    I received a box of deliciously looking Finnish sweets - marmeladikonvehteja - a sweet little candle holder (this is going to be my only christmas decoration, it will get a special place :) ), a package of cloves to make wonderfully smelling decorations with oranges (yup, I know that custom, too!) and a beautiful card from Helsinki.
    Paljon kiitoksia, Emmi :wave:

I spend a study term in your wonderful country and happened to be in the fantastic town of Helsinki for two days before christmas in 2002. Your package reminded me of that time :D

Hyvää joulua ja onnellista uutta vuotta!

Yay, I'm glad it got to you safe and sound. :) And I'm glad you like it! Glad and relieved. :lol:

Oikein hyvää joulua ja iloista uutta vuotta!
    Emmi got u???awesome!!she is great!!!and still i have the strangest foto ever with her!!!! :lol:

:oops: 8-) It's a pretty awesome photo alright. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • mensane wrote:
    My present came today!!! Thank you Stargazer76!!!

My (very well wrapped) present included:
    Ontario 2012 calendar (which will be put to good use in my office)
    A guitar tree ornament \m/
    A LOT of yummy canadian chocolate (love the chocolate moose on a stick lol)
    A jar of honey
    A jar of maple butter
    A very cute luggage tag
    ...and the best...an awesome picture frame with a black and white picture of the band playing Ottowa...the frame has 3 little guys bowing to the greatness of pearl jam...lol...

6501100949_0e24ec9ca3_z.jpg
    thank you sooooo much!!

yay!! i'm so glad you received it okay and that you liked everything!!

this was my first year doing this, so was kinda clueless (course i'm kinda clueless anyway, so that didn't help :lol: )

hope you like the yummy goodies...it was real hard not eating them all myself ;) when i saw that you liked chocolate, i thought "now she's come to the right person!" :D

well, enjoy, and Merry Christmas!! :wave:
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    how is this secret santa if you know who sent your gift??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

i think its only secret until you get your gift :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    StillHere wrote:

so its only a secret until its not??? hmmm :think: :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    StillHere wrote:

so its only a secret until its not??? hmmm :think: :lol:
    :thumbup: :wave:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I really hope that my gift actually gets to it's new home...because I'm pretty sure that one thing I sent was not legal to send there...hmmm... :? :? :? :? :?
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It's secret because no one knows who has who until the end. And, if the sender chooses not to tell who they are it is secret, but usually they do...or at least most figure it out. I do remember a few years back when I had a hell of a time figuring out who it was, but finally did or else they finally said. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    The pressies this year are wonderful!

Hope mine both got there ok! I did not like sending 2 pkgs for fear of the USPS. They have been sucking as of late. I sent my rent check Dec. 2 and they have not gotten it yet! And it goes one town over....Yikes!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Just so you know.. I missed the final posting date as my baby daughter was born on November 28th. My gift is wrapped and ready to go.. I hope you forgive me!

It will be sent in the next couple of days!

:oops: :D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mikee J wrote:
    Just so you know.. I missed the final posting date as my baby daughter was born on November 28th. My gift is wrapped and ready to go.. I hope you forgive me!

Congratulations!!!!!! :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Mikee J wrote:

Thanks!! We named her Lotte Pearl Jarrey........ :D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • eMMI wrote:
    Emmi got u???awesome!!she is great!!!and still i have the strangest foto ever with her!!!! :lol:

;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eMMI wrote:

;)
    Teases :P
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I have a package.

It is from the UK.

I recognize the last name.

I am a little afraid to open it.

:shock: :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    tic tic tic boooooooooooooom

I had Mr. Unlost poke it.

It did not whine, squeal, growl or melt.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    its a bag of poo

who sent you it then

I recognize the last name, you saucy Brit.

*pause to call Mr. Unlost and ask him to sniff it*
  • tic tic tic boooooooooooooom

After opening...just make sure you choose the Red wire...or was it the green wire...Oh shit!!..AHh well, I am sure you will choose wisely!! :shock:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Mikee J wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:

Thanks!! We named her Lotte Pearl Jarrey........ :D

congrats Mike..to you and Mrs. J.!
    peace,
    jo

tic tic tic boooooooooooooom

After opening...just make sure you choose the Red wire...or was it the green wire...Oh shit!!..AHh well, I am sure you will choose wisely!! :shock:

Theo _ can you swing by the house this evening and open this thing up?

Mr. Unlost and I will be around the corner, behind the bomb squad barricade.

Thanks buddy.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Haven't been on the forum is over a weekish (I think), but I had to come in here and have a peek.

What fantastic pressies!!

I have to report that most of the edibles are nearly all gone :D I have no restraint.

• Theo _ can you swing by the house this evening and open this thing up?

Thanks buddy.
    Theo ----> 1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif?w=426
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Ha!!! :D

Thanks buddy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Ha!!! :D

Thanks buddy.

whoaaaa that's disturbing

red wire!
    peace,
    jo

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    eMMI wrote:
    ;)
    Teases :P

I think not :P I'm sure the picture is out there somewhere, should anyone want to know what the fricks we're talking about. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
This discussion has been closed.