Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• This year's Secret Santa was a big challenge for me. Not so much because I wasn't sure what to get for my person. But about 3 weeks ago I became very sick with vertigo. I've never felt like this before and it's been awful! :sick: :crazy:

The worst part was that I couldn't drive a car. So I've been working from home and relying on other people to take me places, when I felt up to going out.

But I couldn't go shopping for my Secret Santa! Aagh! So much for all my brilliant ideas of what to get for them. I had to do everything online or by phone. I thought I would never get everything together. But my package is finally ready to ship and will go out tomorrow. It's such a hodgepodge of things, I hope my person likes it. :think: :shifty: :problem:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well what a surprise I got today when I had to go to the post office to pick up a package!!!

It turns out that the previous post about my present arriving was not actually my SS but just a very very generous PJ fan sending me something :oops:

So I got my ACTUAL SS present today...... :shock: holy shit....complete and utter awesomeness encapsulated...
    Thank you so much to giventolukinkp....your generosity absolutely stunned me....
    I hope I dont forget anything...I got:

A bushleaguer 7' (which I dont have!!!!!!)
    PJ stickers
    PJ20 badges & sticker set
    A chicago fridge magnet
    a rudolph pez
    Popping candy (which I loved as a kid)
    A MASSIVE chocolate chip cookie
    A cool light up rudolph nose
    Some handmade chocolates
    ...and the piece de resistance....
    a homemade 'Irish Al' mini xmas stocking!!!!

Kelly you were over and above in your generosity...thank you so much...I cannot put into words my gratitude so I just hope you know that you kicked my xmas spirit into overdrive!!

:D
    I need a coffee!
  • this is so fun :-) Except that I forgot to put my card in the box and had to send it separately :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • To my Secret Santa..

it may be a bot late but I swear its coming... :roll: :? :cry:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    still nothing from my SS. Have almost everything for my SS. I hope they like it. :D
  • To my Secret Santa..

It's worth the wait :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Well what a surprise I got today when I had to go to the post office to pick up a package!!!

It turns out that the previous post about my present arriving was not actually my SS but just a very very generous PJ fan sending me something :oops:

So I got my ACTUAL SS present today...... :shock: holy shit....complete and utter awesomeness encapsulated...
    Thank you so much to giventolukinkp....your generosity absolutely stunned me....
    I hope I dont forget anything...I got:

A bushleaguer 7' (which I dont have!!!!!!)
    PJ stickers
    PJ20 badges & sticker set
    A chicago fridge magnet
    a rudolph pez
    Popping candy (which I loved as a kid)
    A MASSIVE chocolate chip cookie
    A cool light up rudolph nose
    Some handmade chocolates
    ...and the piece de resistance....
    a homemade 'Irish Al' mini xmas stocking!!!!

Kelly you were over and above in your generosity...thank you so much...I cannot put into words my gratitude so I just hope you know that you kicked my xmas spirit into overdrive!!

:D

I'm so glad you liked it :) I freaked out when I saw your post from before, thinking I had somehow screwed up (since this was my first year doing this).
    I'm really glad you don't have that 7 inch---I heard you were a vinyl fan from a few people here who assisted me. The rest was just a bunch of silliness, but I'm glad you liked it :)
    Merry Xmas to you, friend! :D
    -Kelly
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • beautiul gifts :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    To my Secret Santa..

This!!!! :D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    To my SS recipient: Hope the gifts arrived!!!!!

Starting to worry about this...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My Secret Santa sent me a sweet package today but signed it "From Secret Santa".

Is that what we're supposed to do? Not reveal our real names even when we send the package?

(I guess it's a good thing the gift I'm sending is still sitting on my desk!) :? :P
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    To my SS recipient: Hope the gifts arrived!!!!!

Starting to worry about this...

Me too :? I sent mine over three weeks ago via priority post. They told me 7-10 days. My SS recipient doesn't post often, so I'm hoping that's the reason I haven't heard anything.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • justam wrote:
    My Secret Santa sent me a sweet package today but signed it "From Secret Santa".

Is that what we're supposed to do? Not reveal our real names even when we send the package?

(I guess it's a good thing the gift I'm sending is still sitting on my desk!) :? :P

I am pretty sure you are supposed to reveal your name.
    justam wrote:

I wonder why the person didn't sign it then? :geek:
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:

It's up to the sender justam :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    justam wrote:

It's up to the sender justam :)

Ok. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    LEEZE!!!!!!! I got it today!

Thank you.

HAHAHAHa Fuzzy Dice for the truck! I'm digging the PJ license plate too. I had thought of having something like a stickman made for the grill. May still do that. But the plate will have a place of prominence on the dash.

Been a longtime since I had those gummy bears. When I was a teen I lived near Zweibrucken in a little town called Dellfeld. Use to get these froom the little grocery they had.

NOW I simply must get a record player. Will be interesting to hear those one day.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks Again.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • justam wrote:
    justam wrote:

aug08_022.gif
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    justam wrote:

aug08_022.gif
    well, im new to this SS and I thought it was SECRET santa so i didnt signed my username, just my real name. But ive been waiting to hear how was my gift and i hope shes happy with it so..... ;)
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    FitPearl wrote:
    well, im new to this SS and I thought it was. SECRET santa so i didnt signed my username. But ive been waiting to hear how was my gift and say youre welcome, so..... ;)

Like said, it's up to the sender. :) I normally sign with my username as well as my own name, as they are *ta-dah* the same thing. :lol: And I think I've always been the only participant in Finland, so it's not like my packages are a mystery anyway.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I can't seem to find the tracking number for the package I sent :-( I checked a week or so ago and it had arrived to the designated country. Hope it gets there soon.
    Still no package here.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I like trying to figure out who send me my package, but if it's signed thats ok too!

Last year I didn't look at the card until I thought I knew who had sent it, and I was soooo wrong!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • justam wrote:

No real deep thought behind this, Just signed SS and mailed like the little elf we are all suppose to be right now.
    Glad it got there, hope you liked your presents.

Sprukn7 - what are you doing up so late reading posts!! LOL
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    To my Secret Santa..

It's worth the wait :mrgreen:

Yes, there's nothing like a Snuggie with cross stitching details by Green Circle! He's especially good at bunnies, lollipops and fluffy clouds.

I hope Santa doesn't read this post and count it against me... :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    LEEZE!!!!!!! I got it today!

Thank you.

HAHAHAHa Fuzzy Dice for the truck! I'm digging the PJ license plate too. I had thought of having something like a stickman made for the grill. May still do that. But the plate will have a place of prominence on the dash.

Been a longtime since I had those gummy bears. When I was a teen I lived near Zweibrucken in a little town called Dellfeld. Use to get these froom the little grocery they had.

NOW I simply must get a record player. Will be interesting to hear those one day.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks Again.

Awesome! I'm glad it made it safely and you like it :D Good luck for everything that you have planned!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Just back from the post office. They assured me it would get to its destination in the next few days.

I hope I included enough Purina Ferret Chow... :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just back from the post office. They assured me it would get to its destination in the next few days.

I hope I included enough Purina Ferret Chow... :?

Did you leave airholes?
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Anick, you are a fabulous Secret Santa and yes I figured out who you are - not many Secret Santa people from Montreal. Your gift is fabulous and you were such a great spy reading about me working from home and knowing what I like. Your pictures are fabulous - the photo I'm posting doesn't do them justice. I can't decide if I should put them on the wall or clear some space on my counter (that would involve me cleaning - yuck).

PJ fans are the best, let's face it. Thank you again and I almost tried to say that in my high school French but I went to Google translate instead:

Merci du fond du coeur. Vous etes incroyables.

photo-17-1.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Christmas_smiley.gif My Secret Santa package arrived!

Exciting!! Thank you !!! :D

JB and I will be opening when his arrives ... we'll have an SS party 8-)

I love Christmas and I love Secret Santas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
This discussion has been closed.