Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Omigoodness!! I just got my incredible gifts from Tinkerbell yesterday, WOW!! Thank you so much!!!! Here are some photos:

secretsanta1.jpg?t=1323190466

secretsanta2.jpg?t=1323190487

She really put a lot of thought into this, I can't say thank you enough! Included were:
    A book about beer (soooo cool!!!!)
    A beautiful wooden bowl
    A magnet from New Zealand
    A New Zealand inspired tapestry covered in kiwis
    A New Zealand calendar (which is now hanging in my office! :) )
    A PJ20 sticker :D
    A beautiful tea towel
    A handmade brooch (second image) - It is simply gorgeous!!

I am floored by all this...I've always wanted to go to New Zealand and now looking through those beaches in the calendar I want to go even more.

Thanks so much for bringing a piece of your beautiful country to my home Tinkerbell!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I GOT MY PRESSIE!!!

Thank you so much Stargirl69!! It's wonderful!

I'm not on a computer at the mo so I can't put a picture up so I'll do a rundown;

* A wonderful bag made from denim - so fun, I can't wait to use it!
    + A beautiful bracelet made of sea glass
    * A flower broach which I most definately wear
    * A laminated Canadian card which will be safely nestled between the pages of a book
    * 2 x Scottish fudge
    * 2 x Scottish Macaroon (actually there's only 1 left I've already eaten 1 :oops: )

My parcel was full of hand-made surpises and just truly wonderful! Thank you so very, very much!

:D:D:D:D
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    OMG you guys are so original and complete with your gifts! :o :shock:

I suddenly feel cheap about mine! :oops:

Hope my person will love it! :? :(
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    All you crafty people are making me rethink my gifts. :oops: :think: :?
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    Don't fret.... The only hand I had in making my gift was swiping my credit card :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    Don't fret.... The only hand I had in making my gift was swiping my credit card :lol:

hahaha
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    :lol: i love this guy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    sheila0225 wrote:

:lol: but you're a guy.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Claireack wrote:
    I GOT MY PRESSIE!!!

Thank you so much Stargirl69!! It's wonderful!

I'm not on a computer at the mo so I can't put a picture up so I'll do a rundown;

* A wonderful bag made from denim - so fun, I can't wait to use it!
    + A beautiful bracelet made of sea glass
    * A flower broach which I most definately wear
    * A laminated Canadian card which will be safely nestled between the pages of a book
    * 2 x Scottish fudge
    * 2 x Scottish Macaroon (actually there's only 1 left I've already eaten 1 :oops: )

My parcel was full of hand-made surpises and just truly wonderful! Thank you so very, very much!

:D:D:D:D

Yeah! :clap: :thumbup: :wave: :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

So glad it arrived and that you like it :D I loved putting it together for you
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

What are you saying? :)
    sheila0225 wrote:

That I haven't met a crafty guy yet. So all men just use their credit card for gifts. :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    sheila0225 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

same here!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • sheila0225 wrote:

That I haven't met a crafty guy yet. So all men just use their credit card for gifts. :)
    Talk to Green Circle... A fine craftsman if there ever was one :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Omigoodness!! I just got my incredible gifts from Tinkerbell yesterday, WOW!! Thank you so much!!!! Here are some photos:

secretsanta1.jpg?t=1323190466

secretsanta2.jpg?t=1323190487

She really put a lot of thought into this, I can't say thank you enough! Included were:
    A book about beer (soooo cool!!!!)
    A beautiful wooden bowl
    A magnet from New Zealand
    A New Zealand inspired tapestry covered in kiwis
    A New Zealand calendar (which is now hanging in my office! :) )
    A PJ20 sticker :D
    A beautiful tea towel
    A handmade brooch (second image) - It is simply gorgeous!!

I am floored by all this...I've always wanted to go to New Zealand and now looking through those beaches in the calendar I want to go even more.

Thanks so much for bringing a piece of your beautiful country to my home Tinkerbell!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Very cool package!! :clap: LOVE that brooch!

I think its funny us 2 Chicago girls both had the New Zealand girls for our secret santas
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

I think its funny us 2 Chicago girls both had the New Zealand girls for our secret santas

I was thinking the same thing!! Such creative gifts too, I'm sorry that I wasn't that creative!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing!! Such creative gifts too, I'm sorry that I wasn't that creative!

Me too! I wish I were more creative with this- but I had a boy, so he probably isn't going to care :lol: Its easier to be creative with girls, I think.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I really want to thank my secret santa..it arrived today, I have the real name but whats the forum name??

Anyway I was over the moon to receive my Longing to belong vinyl, EV cards and EV programme..thank you thank you thank you...but you went over the limit....naughty boy!!!

Thanks again, yet again I feel a little inept in my gift..but its the spirit that counts :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Irish Al wrote:
    I really want to thank my secret santa..it arrived today, I have the real name but whats the forum name??

Anyway I was over the moon to receive my Longing to belong vinyl, EV cards and EV programme..thank you thank you thank you...but you went over the limit....naughty boy!!!

Thanks again, yet again I feel a little inept in my gift..but its the spirit that counts :lol:

nice!!!

my recipient rarely posts here....i hope they let me know when it arrives.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Me too! I wish I were more creative with this- but I had a boy, so he probably isn't going to care :lol: Its easier to be creative with girls, I think.
    So cool both you gals love your gifts form NZ!

Meanwhile I GOT MY PRESSIE TODAY TOO & THANK-YOU SD48277!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Got a lovely little wind chime & I've thought of a few places I can hang it so will try each of them out. :) THANK-YOU & merry Xmas to you too!! Anyway will PM you. :)

Yay 10c Secret Santa is so much fun!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • *********************TWEET*******************************

Little Birdie,start flying from Hellas for its North long travel...
    Carries some memories and fotos from the Man behind the courtine alone and some his buddys of 20 years
    hope landing soon and give the message of Merry Jammin Christmas.... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • A package has arrived at La Casa De BD (in NJ, I am in FL)... From our neighbors up north :D

It suggests not opening until 12/25... Being jewish I am going to put it under the Hanukkah bush and open on the 20th...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

I'm very exicited :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Yay, packages are starting to arrive nicely. :) One of my favourite parts of Secret Santa.

I've still got mine unopened, which is some sort of a Christmas miracle in itself. :lol: I think I'll tear into one or two over the weekend, will need the cheer, I think.

In other news, my present has been sent and I was assured that it will make it to it's destination in time for Christmas. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    It suggests not opening until 12/25... Being jewish I am going to put it under the Hanukkah bush and open on the 20th...

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Waiting for ONE more thing to arrive for my Secret Santa package and then its on its way to the Great White North....well...almost anyway :)

This is so much fun
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I haven't really been in a christmas mood yet, but I gotta admit that this thread kinda puts me into it. Having seen all the wonderful gifts that rrived so far, I hope my package arrives soon and I hope my recipient will like it at least a little :shifty: Great gifts so far! :thumbup:
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    eMMI wrote:
    Yay, packages are starting to arrive nicely. :) One of my favourite parts of Secret Santa.

I've still got mine unopened, which is some sort of a Christmas miracle in itself. :lol: I think I'll tear into one or two over the weekend, will need the cheer, I think.

In other news, my present has been sent and I was assured that it will make it to it's destination in time for Christmas. :)

my office STILL talks about that candy!!! :D
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    earlier today i heard from my SS recipient from last year, telling me that he still uses and loves the gift he received from us last year

so nice and heartwarming :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    mensane wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

That's pretty awesome. :mrgreen: Or kinda sad. ;) I joke, of course, that's nice to hear. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    eMMI wrote:

You've not opened any? :D
    I do hope you like it! There's a bit of a theme to some, others are just random! :lol:

I've hidden mine away til Christmas as I like things to open on the day.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    eMMI wrote:
    mensane wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

That's pretty awesome. :mrgreen: Or kinda sad. ;) I joke, of course, that's nice to hear. 8-)

well, i get my secret santa package delivered to work. they are almost as excited to see what i get as i am. they are like, "i hope you get good candy like that year from finland"
This discussion has been closed.