Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    And 81... "way." Cost him $950.

But on the bright side... the "thunka-thunka-thunka" sound stopped.

oh noes....

you really should be a comedy show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    TerryBellefleur.gif
    This is Terry from True Blood. Or is it Cav? Ask those in attendance at PJ20.

ww_iloveyou.jpg
    This is Terry from Wayne's World. I love you, man!! Or is it Cav on a night of whiskey and water?

i'll give you the true blood, but not waynes world

I think he missed the joke

thumbnail.aspx?q=1202990744991&id=803ba753eddf65eb1e82ab5302cccbac&url=http%3a%2f%2fandthatswhyyouresingle.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2011%2f03%2fconfused-baby.bmp

:P :lol::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    TerryBellefleur.gif
    This is Terry from True Blood. Or is it Cav? Ask those in attendance at PJ20.

ww_iloveyou.jpg
    This is Terry from Wayne's World. I love you, man!! Or is it Cav on a night of whiskey and water?

i'll give you the true blood, but not waynes world

Wayne's World is not looks, it is spirit. "I Love You, Man" "No, I really love you, man" ...need I remind you of a certain thread?

:lol::lol::lol: Shimmy, i agree.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    you guys are nuts!!! I love you all..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    you guys are nuts!!! I love you all..

so about that motor swap....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hey cav,

i adjusted my tire pressure and went with 40psi up front and 38psi out back...is that too much?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    hey Cav,

my car is white, and since it rains here so much, I don't get a chance to wash it often (I hand wash). Now I have weird gray stuff on the hood...you can see the water streaks in it.

How do I get it off? Or is that a question for a body guy...any auto body guys in here?

thanks...you're so sweet! :angel:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hey Cav,

My dash lights have a dimming effect. It's very sophisticated, but I am torn. Brighter, or darker? I've thought about changing it depending on the mood that I'm in. I'm also really uncertain as to whether the bright lights or dark lights will better compliment the sounds of Huey Lewis and The News' "Sports!"...

Since you know so much about cars, what should I do?

:|
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    edited October 2011
    Hey. I have a question. I'm sitting on a 1/4 tank right now which will get me where I need to go fo ra few days. Should I fill up now or hedge my bet in the hopes the price of gas will go down?

Follow up question. Which gas station should I use? and then which pump works the best?

Thanks for this. You're providing an invaluable service.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey. I have a question. I'm sitting on a 1/4 tank right now which will get me where I need to go fo ra few days. Should I fill up now or hedge my bet in the hopes the price of gas will go down?

cav is now opec?
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

cav is now opec?
    it IS a car question Norm!!! :twisted:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    oooh another question Cav!

How easy is it to change the battery terminals in a Honda?

My mechanic said I needed it last time I brought the car in for a 90k tune-up, and SOMEbody wanted me to decline because 'he could do it for cheaper'

I just need to start working on it, and he will take over, but 'just in case' I want to make sure it's pretty easy to do. I also need a new battery...what kind do you reccomend?

cool...thanks again!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

My mechanic said I needed it last time I brought the car in for a 90k tune-up, and SOMEbody wanted me to decline because 'he could do it for cheaper'

I just need to start working on it, and he will take over, but 'just in case' I want to make sure it's pretty easy to do. I also need a new battery...what kind do you reccomend?

cool...thanks again!
    Ooooh ooooh oooh I can answer this one. Terminals are 64,000 dollars. Get a 9 volt. lasts forever.

mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

cav is now opec?

well tangentially maybe but how can cav know what the price of oil will be tomorrow...especially since he's probably at this point traveling west to go to bridge this weekend :P
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:
    [cav is now opec?

well tangentially maybe but how can cav know what the price of oil will be tomorrow...especially since he's probably at this point traveling west to go to bridge this weekend :P
    then I'm guessing he'll be passing alot of stations now wont he? He can add and divide to get an average. :mrgreen: He a smart guy. and VGL I'm told.

true...any guy who can pull off pink hotpants (or so i'm told) should be able to predict tomorrows oil prices
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

cool...thanks again!
    Ooooh ooooh oooh I can answer this one. Terminals are 64,000 dollars. Get a 9 volt. lasts forever.

terminals are 64,000 doll-hairs?!?!?

and I thought I could get away with button cell batteries.... :| suppose I should get the dollar store kind too huh?

- Christopher McCandless
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    hey cav, this happened to me this morning....
    funny-car-pictures-23.jpg

what should i do?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

cool...thanks again!

terminals are 64,000 doll-hairs?!?!?

and I thought I could get away with button cell batteries.... :| suppose I should get the dollar store kind too huh?
    yeah. A barbie head should do it for the terminals. Why on earth would you go to a dollar store? Go to the 99 cent store woman!! jeez.

conman wrote:
    hey cav, this happened to me this morning....
    funny-car-pictures-23.jpg

what should i do?
    get insurance now.

aren't battery terminals on the battery itself? i think 420 is getting screwed...cav, you must save her!!
    norm wrote:
    aren't battery terminals on the battery itself? i think 420 is getting screwed...cav, you must save her!!
    ends. she meant to say ends.

mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:

you're not cav! don't trust him rck420cndy!!! :twisted:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:

terminals/ends...whatever...it's on the estimate...it's all mechana-glish to me... :crazy:

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:

but I am VGL. :mrgreen:

Jesus!! you guys are to much, all at once!! I will start giving blanket advice...

Upgrade your insurance policy.. then, a few weeks later, plan a "magical" weekend getaway to Detroit.. I will take care of the rest..

And yes, I am very smart and VGL.. thank you all for noticing :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Upgrade your insurance policy.. then, a few weeks later, plan a "magical" weekend getaway to Detroit.. I will take care of the rest..

are you suggesting what i think you are suggesting????
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • here's a legitimate question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I definitely appreciate it! Got the codes read for the Blazer. P0030 Ho2s heater control circuit, and P0135 02 heater circuit. Any recommendations for directions from here? I'm definitely not a auto person so any help is appreciated.
    here's a legitimate question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I definitely appreciate it! Got the codes read for the Blazer. P0030 Ho2s heater control circuit, and P0135 02 heater circuit. Any recommendations for directions from here? I'm definitely not a auto person so any help is appreciated.
    Let me get on the work computer with all data tomorrow so I can be positive .. But I recall a Trailblazer with the p0030 code not to long ago.. Is that what you have? if so, what year and engine size?? P0135 is a bank 1 sensor 1 heater code that is almost always a malfunctioning o2 sensor and may be causing the other code.. let me know..