Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Doesn't mean I like them..
I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed and full of passion back then. I used to love fixing cars and making them go faster, but anymore it is beyond boring and is actually turning to hatred..
Nothing pisses me of more than a customer meandering back into the shop to talk about his classic car and the mods he has done to it.. Dude, I don't give a fuck!! Is the shit broken? I will fix it.. other than that, who cares if your GTO has the original wax pencil marks made at the factory..

And just because I work on cars does NOT mean I like NASCAR!! I fucking hate NASCAR and nothing would make me happier than to choke you with your Jeff Gordon shirt..

And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I love to tell my customer that we should all be riding bicycles.. everyone is in a good mood on a bicycle

Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you do cars....fuck....if i only had known...hold, i got a couple of questions to pm you. :P

i used to have a buddy that was a mechanic....he is now an RN...have you thought about changing jobs...

hey....you wanna do the Woodward dream cruise??? i'd go to detroit for htat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i hate excel.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    That's gotta suck being bored by small talk about your job, sure it's what you do but customers should know that it's all you hear all day. And anyone that makes a joke, you've probably heard it 20 other times that day too, it's not original.
  • 81 wrote:
    you do cars....fuck....if i only had known...hold, i got a couple of questions to pm you. :P

i used to have a buddy that was a mechanic....he is now an RN...have you thought about changing jobs...

for you, I would answer car questions outside of work.. but i normally try to avoid it.. at parties I usually tell people I work at a grocery store so they will leave me the fuck alone.. Nothing worse than getting cornered by a guy that "did brakes on his wife's car last weekend and now they".....

Dream cruise is great if you love being stuck in a traffic jam surrounded by vehicles that produce the most pollution EVER!! bring Tylenol or a gas mask..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i hate everything about my job, not just the extras but that will all change next summer..... hopefully
    81 wrote:

for you, I would answer car questions outside of work.. but i normally try to avoid it.. at parties I usually tell people I work at a grocery store so they will leave me the fuck alone.. Nothing worse than getting cornered by a guy that "did brakes on his wife's car last weekend and now they".....

Dream cruise is great if you love being stuck in a traffic jam surrounded by vehicles that produce the most pollution EVER!! bring Tylenol or a gas mask..

:lol: i like old carbed cars. :lol:

but seriously..my air bag light is on...could you swing over and check it out...i've got a case of magic hat in the fridge and a white record on the way. :lol:

speaking of magic...i'm off to get anouther.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol: i like old carbed cars. :lol:

but seriously..my air bag light is on...could you swing over and check it out...i've got a case of magic hat in the fridge and a white record on the way. :lol:

speaking of magic...i'm off to get anouther.
    Seriously???? agghhh.. what are you driving?? typically in american cars the clock ring behind the steering wheel is the culprit. It is the one component of the airbag system that is constantly worked..
    i know...

anyways..

its sort of funny that you hate talking cars....but in the office, i am always getting car questions and i enjoy them. :lol:

but if you need excel help...drop a dime on me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Seriously???? agghhh.. what are you driving?? typically in american cars the clock ring behind the steering wheel is the culprit. It is the one component of the airbag system that is constantly worked..

:lol:

a fuckin tacoma. :lol: you saw it. :lol:

i've heard there is a spring back there that fucks up...i've just been too lazy to take it in to get fixed. maybe tommorrow after work. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I hate to ask a car question but what can you tell me about hotwiring?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    When you say you work on cars, you aren't talking about dancing on the hood of one at an auto show, right?

And regarding the "extras" that come with your work... try being the emergency nurse at virtually any event you could imagine.

"Aunt Mary passed in her Scorpion Bowl at the rehearsal dinner? Get Unlost, she's an emergency nurse!"

Neighbor slipped in the bathtub, conked her head, can't get up, husband comes running down our driveway yelling my name. "Unlost! Unlost!" I came running out from the shower. (I did stop to grab a t-shirt and shorts before I went out the front door.)

Or, my favorite _ friend's daughter is nauseous after having her wisdom teeth out. Prescribed an antiemetic (anti nausea) medication, in the form of _ you got it _ a suppository! "Hello, Unlost? Would you mind coming across the street and shoving this bullet up my daughter's behind?"

True story, each one.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    RYEzupSF wrote:

did you ever find your phone?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    It is involved.. carjacking is much easier.. They leave the keys, their iPod, their morning coffee.. and the look on their face will leave you smiling all day ;)
    "Hello, Unlost? Would you mind coming across the street and shoving this bullet up my daughter's behind?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    It is involved.. carjacking is much easier.. They leave the keys, their iPod, their morning coffee.. and the look on their face will leave you smiling all day ;)

isn't it just easier to shove a screwdriver into the ignition? :lol:

i used to drive a car that you had to reach under the dash and push a rod down to start it. it was awesome. :lol:

had anouther car you had to stick a finger into the door to unlock it. fuckin thieves still popped out the other doors lock to jack my stereo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • When you say you work on cars, you aren't talking about dancing on the hood of one at an auto show, right?

And regarding the "extras" that come with your work... try being the emergency nurse at virtually any event you could imagine.

"Aunt Mary passed in her Scorpion Bowl at the rehearsal dinner? Get Unlost, she's an emergency nurse!"

Neighbor slipped in the bathtub, conked her head, can't get up, husband comes running down our driveway yelling my name. "Unlost! Unlost!" I came running out from the shower. (I did stop to grab a t-shirt and shorts before I went out the front door.)

Or, my favorite _ friend's daughter is nauseous after having her wisdom teeth out. Prescribed an antiemetic (anti nausea) medication, in the form of _ you got it _ a suppository! "Hello, Unlost? Would you mind coming across the street and shoving this bullet up my daughter's behind?"

True story, each one.
    ***pounds chest and points at you***

I see you Unlost.. ;)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    ***pounds chest and points at you***

I see you Unlost.. ;)

Now I'm ascared.
    :shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ***pounds chest and points at you***

I see you Unlost.. ;)

Now I'm ascared.
    :shock:
    Really?!? don't be.. just don't make any sudden movements.. :o
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    81 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

isn't it just easier to shove a screwdriver into the ignition? :lol:

i used to drive a car that you had to reach under the dash and push a rod down to start it. it was awesome. :lol:

had anouther car you had to stick a finger into the door to unlock it. fuckin thieves still popped out the other doors lock to jack my stereo

I've always wanted to learn the screwdriver trick! Can you do it on a volkswagen? I think I'd have much more street cred when I'm chasing down phone stealing crack addicts if I we're starting my car with a screwdriver.

...As far as the the car jacking goes I hadn't really thought about it. But I like the added bonus of the coffee. Nothing like a nice cup of joe after committing a felony.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    i think you just shove the screwdriver in and bust it up good....

the ignition lock doesn't do much expect push a rod down.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    When you say you work on cars, you aren't talking about dancing on the hood of one at an auto show, right?

True story, each one.

same here
    and do you remember why we got into nursing in the first place?
    to HELP other people...hahahaaaa...help them with their diapies that's what :lol:

OH..and Cav...I used to have to change my own oil all the time and i hated hated hated it
    Glad to know I can call on you now ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:

OH..and Cav...I used to have to change my own oil all the time and i hated hated hated it
    Glad to know I can call on you now ;)

changing oil is relaxing...but now it's cheaper to have a shop due it....oil prices are nuts now a days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The screw driver will work on older cars.. I have done it..

But is much simpler to break open the steering column and just actuate the rod..

Modern cars with chips in the key wont allow this.. but, it is pretty easy to record the vin of the car on night one, have a key made at a dealership on day two, and steal the car night two.. But I have no idea what I am talking about so disregard..
  • just actuate the rod..

uh...huh..huh..huh..huh

he said rod
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,646
    And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I am old, I did used to crawl inside the hood of my Chevelle and work on the 283 but yeah man, the new stuff is great- better than the rocket science we had when I was a kid- literally!

Some of the more routine tasks get annoying but mainly I even more hate the shortage of hours in a day
    to do them plus this, plus play my guitar, plus read, plus...etc.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I work with kids.... I love working with kids....

DOes it mean I want to baby sit them??

Fuck no....

DOes it mean I am happy when they come running up to me at the shops???

Fuck no....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I fix computers. Anytime I go for lunch or a cup of tea I get the "oh, while I see ye there, can you take a look at my iphone/blackberry/ipad/laptop"

And no, I haven't heard anyone take the piss out of the "have you tried turning it off and on again" resolution. It fixes 90% of issues you've caused yourself. Fuck off!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I'm a R &D Scientist that gets to work with Chlamydia & Gonorrhea pretty much everyday...recently we've been getting in some clinical specimens to use for our project...I'll let you think about what these specimens include. Overall I like my job and don't mind talking "shop" to people outside work...it's just that most people are scared to talk to me about my job after they find out what I do :lol::lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    you work on cars so you have to deal with "car guy".
    i work in a metal fab shop i deal with a lot of cars/bikes/smokers small talk.
    it seems convos these days are more about one upping. i just don't give a shit. i feel for ya...
  • I work with people, but it doesn't really mean I like anyone :problem: :think:

My brother is a car guy and I am thankful for that. Although I'm sure he regrets it every time he gets one of my texts "my car made a weird sound. Not really a hissing or a whirring...kind of like a pinging. Oh nevermind it stopped. Wait it did it again. Maybe it is a hissing. Can I bring it by before work?"
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"