Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    04 PT Cruiser. $165+tax to replace a motor mount reasonable?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hey Cav.....i have this nasty rattle someplace in the back...i thought it might be the exaust rubbing on a heat shield..but i can't seem to find it....could you swing by and take a look at it....thanks buddy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    hey Cav.....i have this nasty rattle someplace in the back...i thought it might be the exaust rubbing on a heat shield..but i can't seem to find it....could you swing by and take a look at it....thanks buddy.

are you talking about your truck? or your butt?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

are you talking about your truck? or your butt?
    :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I'm a computer programmer and it seems that the users of my software don't understand that me developing their applications isn't an invitation to become their friend. Nothing irritates me more than to get caught in a chit chat session with some of them...

I also get the computer tech questions a lot. I don't mind for family, but for others I just say that I write code and don't know anything about how computers work. Not sure if they buy it, but it at least gets them off my back.

Unlost, my wife's an ER nurse too and she has similar requests to yours. Her rule is if she's not wearing her scrubs, she's not doing it (exceptions for family though).
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    got a lincoln held together with pink duct tape, blown speakers, rattling sounds when sitting still engine off, one dozen geese living in the back seat, and a shit ton of smashed m&m's throughout the interior/exterior... can you help a gal out???
    think i need a goose trap or something :?

6810144-older-lady-holding-tools--she-is-confused-and-overwhelmed-by-home-improvement-project--isolated-on-w.jpg

and thank you my dearest 82
    what a lovely youngman
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Doesn't mean I like them..
    I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed and full of passion back then. I used to love fixing cars and making them go faster, but anymore it is beyond boring and is actually turning to hatred..
    Nothing pisses me of more than a customer meandering back into the shop to talk about his classic car and the mods he has done to it.. Dude, I don't give a fuck!! Is the shit broken? I will fix it.. other than that, who cares if your GTO has the original wax pencil marks made at the factory..

And just because I work on cars does NOT mean I like NASCAR!! I fucking hate NASCAR and nothing would make me happier than to choke you with your Jeff Gordon shirt..

And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I love to tell my customer that we should all be riding bicycles.. everyone is in a good mood on a bicycle

Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

And just because you are a person doesn't mean you like people either....
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    what do you think....super charger or turbo charger? hmmm....

could i also get your thoughts on air filters? fram, factory or home made....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    chadwick wrote:
    got a lincoln held together with pink duct tape, blown speakers, rattling sounds when sitting still engine off, one dozen geese living in the back seat, and a shit ton of smashed m&m's throughout the interior/exterior... can you help a gal out???

6810144-older-lady-holding-tools--she-is-confused-and-overwhelmed-by-home-improvement-project--isolated-on-w.jpg

what a lovely youngman

Can I go cruisin with you? Lets get one other person ride three across the front and drink 40s while driving through the fields of Iowa. We can listen to Peter Cetera.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    i just was thinking....

my battery is going to be 6 years old next month....do you think i should change it out before winter? does completly draining it at pj20 factor into the decision....and if you think i should change it....what would you recommend i replace it with.

thanks in advance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited October 2011
    81 wrote:
    i just was thinking....

my battery is going to be 6 years old next month....do you think i should change it out before winter? does completly draining it at pj20 factor into the decision....and if you think i should change it....what would you recommend i replace it with.

thanks in advance.

stay put little Indian
    watch for green seafoam corrosion
    wield that wire brush if corrsion appears
    wait till it completely dies
    buy a battery and keep in trunk (that's right, you're gonna replace it with another battery)
    no matter that PJ20 drained it.
    Next
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    what's the best way to pull old window tint off?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2011
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

what a lovely youngman

Can I go cruisin with you? Lets get one other person ride three across the front and drink 40s while driving through the fields of Iowa. We can listen to Peter Cetera.

squish over, ladies,
    and I'm changing the station.
    I don't drink 40s.

50's yeah

(...who the F stomped my M&Ms?? Why I oughtta...you want a goose trap THIS IS A GOOSE TRAP)
    Post edited by rollings on
    81 wrote:

saw
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

Blowtorch...heat till you see bubbles, then peel off. If the glass cracks, then you know you heated it too much.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

Blowtorch...heat till you see bubbles, then peel off. If the glass cracks, then you know you heated it too much.

...or hairdryer ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

:|
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I SAID :|
    Rollings wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

is that a crack joke?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hey cav....

what are your thoughts on alignments....

one of the local tire mounting shops aroudn here recommend getting it done every 5k miles....

my truck currently has 66K miles on it, but has never had an alignment done...do you think i should take it in for one? it tracks straights and the tires look good...gas mileage has been pretty steady as well over the last 5 years....

thoughts...

thanks in advance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    hey cav....

what are your thoughts on alignments....

one of the local tire mounting shops aroudn here recommend getting it done every 5k miles....

my truck currently has 66K miles on it, but has never had an alignment done...do you think i should take it in for one? it tracks straights and the tires look good...gas mileage has been pretty steady as well over the last 5 years....

thoughts...

thanks in advance

you should go get it done 13 times
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    81 wrote:
    Rollings wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

is that a crack joke?

No.

But..
    if you're blowtorching your windshield,
    and that windshield just happens to crack.
    ..well, that just means that you blowtorched it too much. :|

still can't figure out that cold rattle....

you remember the one....at start up in the am, something is rattling like crazy....once the engine gets up to operating temp, teh rattle pretty much goes away.

exaust right?

:twisted:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    81 wrote:
    still can't figure out that cold rattle....

you remember the one....at start up in the am, something is rattling like crazy....once the engine gets up to operating temp, teh rattle pretty much goes away.

exaust right?

:twisted:
    You evil, evil man.. loose nut behind the wheel?? (worst auto repair joke ever!)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    I had the worst dream last night.
    I dreamed that I was being used as some kind of human muffler or something on a car.

it was just awful.

Worse, when I woke up, I was exhausted.
    (Now that's the worse car repair joke)
    Rollings wrote:
    I had the worst dream last night.
    I dreamed that I was being used as some kind of human muffler or something on a car.

it was just awful.

Worse, when I woke up, I was exhausted.
    (Now that's the worse car repair joke)
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dear cavstarr313,

i have a 1978 ford pinto wagon 82 keeps bugging me to sell. should i sell it to her or keep it beings it is a high dollar collectors item?
    31595980003_medium.jpg

thanks in advance,
    chadwick
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    chadwick wrote:
    dear cavstarr313,

i have a 1978 ford pinto wagon 82 keeps bugging me to sell. should i sell it to her or keep it beings it is a high dollar collectors item?
    31595980003_medium.jpg

thanks in advance,
    chadwick

Maybe do something like this:
    pimped-out-car-wallpapers009..jpg

I wanna do some damage with this thing. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    Cav,

Any thoughts on clutchless shifting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg