Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

Comments

• here's a legitimate question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I definitely appreciate it! Got the codes read for the Blazer. P0030 Ho2s heater control circuit, and P0135 02 heater circuit. Any recommendations for directions from here? I'm definitely not a auto person so any help is appreciated.
    Let me get on the work computer with all data tomorrow so I can be positive .. But I recall a Trailblazer with the p0030 code not to long ago.. Is that what you have? if so, what year and engine size?? P0135 is a bank 1 sensor 1 heater code that is almost always a malfunctioning o2 sensor and may be causing the other code.. let me know..

Yes, I have a 2006 Trailblazer 4.2 L L6 engine. Thanks.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    state inspection is going to cost me over $500 to get it to pass. where is that cliff again?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    state inspection is going to cost me over $500 to get it to pass. where is that cliff again?

i thought they didn't test "classic" cars.

i'll sell you a nice mid mileage truck....

only a few dents
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i thought they didn't test "classic" cars.

i'll sell you a nice mid mileage truck....

only a few dents

haha. how much?

my garage is decent, they don't try to oversell, they have been keeping this thing running for years, brought it back from the dead a few times. a few years back, I took it to the dealership to have them do some diagnostics and when they called I thought the guy was having a heart attack, there were so many things wrong, he was just flabbergasted that it still ran.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    only a few dents

on the rear driver side fender/wheel well right?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    only a few dents

on the rear driver side fender/wheel well right?
    Both rear fenders and bumper....

Plus numerous other dents and dings...

And one air bag light on...

It can be all yours with stereo for a cool 9,999
    :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    Should I raise or lower the air pressure in my left rear tire by one or two psi?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Should I raise or lower the air pressure in my left rear tire by one or two psi?

you'll know the answer when you go to truck school next week :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    keep adding until the tire pops off the rim...right down that pressure...put tire back on rim...add air to tire until you are 1psi below poopping pressure...replace stem cap...drive on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    keep adding until the tire pops off the rim...right down that pressure...put tire back on rim...add air to tire until you are 1psi below poopping pressure...replace stem cap...drive on.

poopping pressure?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

when air in the tire heats up as you drive along, increasing the air pressure...which causes the tire to pop again...you will be pooping
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

when air in the tire heats up as you drive along, increasing the air pressure...which causes the tire to pop again...you will be pooping

better have Cav bring you some new pants.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

i prefer blue :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You guys can match!!

BS3_large.jpg
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You guys can match!!

BS3_large.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

(i do have 81's addy... :shh:)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:

You guys can match!!

BS3_large.jpg

(i do have 81's addy... :shh:)[/quote]

Oh wow!!!! This must happen!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You guys can match!!

BS3_large.jpg

(i do have 81's addy... :shh:)

Oh wow!!!! This must happen!!!![/quote]

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    hey Cav, just spent $500 getting this thing to pass state inspection, now what?

securedownload1-1.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    hey Cav, just spent $500 getting this thing to pass state inspection, now what?

securedownload1-1.jpg
    I can answer this one.

wait for spring. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    hey cavstarr....

what's the best way to dispose of a tire.....

also...when did it become company policy to refuse to pull a TPS sensor and replace it with a standard issue stem. well guess what mother fucker....that rim is now tps less....although the tire is in 3 parts now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hey cavstarr,,,

i have this light that's been flashing on my dash....it sort of looks like a tire....what i should i do

thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    81 wrote:
    hey cavstarr,,,

i have this light that's been flashing on my dash....it sort of looks like a tire....what i should i do

thanks
    Pull over immediately.. but a sixer of Torpedo.. drink until teh light doesn't bother you anymore and continue on to your place of employment.. upon arrival say something profound and smack a co-workers ass.. maybe Henderson in accounting.. then walk out, stealing the fake tree from the lobby on your way out..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

I work in reproductive health. People always want to tell me about their unintended pregnancies and vaginal discharge.
    Hey Cav,

Why do car manufacturers make teh space behind the headlights so damn tight/small? :evil:

I had such fun trying to change teh bulbs today...do all mechanics have small hands? Or do you specifically hire a guy with small hands to do this? No wonder somebody bitches every time a bulb goes out in my car.

-RK
    (yes, I changed both bulbs at teh same time, and made sure they were 'straight')

- Christopher McCandless
    okie dokie. Answer me this.

Pulling 43K up a mountain. All the sudden the check engine light comes on. Engine sounds like it does when the Jake Brake is winding down after turning i off. Water temp guage goes crazy shoots up to 220 then buries itself at 100. then , poof, back to normal.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:

Pulling 43K up a mountain. All the sudden the check engine light comes on. Engine sounds like it does when the Jake Brake is winding down after turning i off. Water temp guage goes crazy shoots up to 220 then buries itself at 100. then , poof, back to normal.

heartburn
    mickeyrat wrote:

Bad temp sensor....bad guage.....bad thermostat....short?

Where the hell is cavleezestar313
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    good news....and bad news

bad news....seems this air bag thing is an epidemic

good news....just waiting on parts for a free recall repair
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so last friday night coming home from a show, a bell goes off from the dash...ding-ding-ding-ding...my buddy was driving so i couldn't get a heads on view of my dash but no lights came on i we ignored it...a while later it dings again...now we notice...oh, we're overheating :shock: so we pull into a gas station, let it cool (after i decided to gently open the reservoir and it sprayed everywhere :lol: ) and buy a dollars worth of water (still can't believe we have to pay for air and water :roll: )

take it into my mechanic on tuesday...turns out i had a slow leak in the radiator...that would have been really bad news but turns out he replaced it a couple years back...got them to replace it for free! :mrgreen:

moral of the story...a good, trustworthy mechanic is worth it's weight in gold :thumbup:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Hey Cav,

Why do car manufacturers make teh space behind the headlights so damn tight/small? :evil:

I had such fun trying to change teh bulbs today...do all mechanics have small hands? Or do you specifically hire a guy with small hands to do this? No wonder somebody bitches every time a bulb goes out in my car.

-RK
    (yes, I changed both bulbs at teh same time, and made sure they were 'straight')

This woman changes all car light bulbs nationwide.

wiig_babyhands.jpg