Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    81 wrote:
    Cav,

Any thoughts on clutchless shifting

A perfectly matched downshift makes me feel really good.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Doesn't mean I like them..
    I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed and full of passion back then. I used to love fixing cars and making them go faster, but anymore it is beyond boring and is actually turning to hatred..
    Nothing pisses me of more than a customer meandering back into the shop to talk about his classic car and the mods he has done to it.. Dude, I don't give a fuck!! Is the shit broken? I will fix it.. other than that, who cares if your GTO has the original wax pencil marks made at the factory..

And just because I work on cars does NOT mean I like NASCAR!! I fucking hate NASCAR and nothing would make me happier than to choke you with your Jeff Gordon shirt..

And if you are old, quit telling me about the "good 'ol days" when you used to work on your own car.. The new shit is way better, get over it..

I love to tell my customer that we should all be riding bicycles.. everyone is in a good mood on a bicycle

Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

exactly why I will never want to be a mechanic. Because I LOVE cars, and I wouldn't want a job to turn the thing I love into the thing I hate. I love driving my car, and occasionally working on it. But fuck no am I ever going to want to work on anyone else's car.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Maybe do something like this:
    pimped-out-car-wallpapers009..jpg

I wanna do some damage with this thing. 8-)

awesome car for running through the countryside chasing stuff like golf carts, people, and other small things
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Anyone else hate the "extra" things that come with their job??

I work at a lottery corporation, and have for 15 years. if I hear "can you get me tonight's winning numbers?" one MORE FUCKING TIME I'M GOING TO SNAP.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Annybody have next tuesdays winning lotto numbers? Thanks in advance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    81 wrote:
    Annybody have next tuesdays winning lotto numbers? Thanks in advance

:lol::lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Nice edit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    crap, and here I thought this was a new thread that we could bust 81's balls about stuff
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    in my 25 years of driving i've never had as many questions as 81 has had in this thread :crazy: :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    crap, and here I thought this was a new thread that we could bust 81's balls about stuff
    who says we cant use an oldish one to do that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Don't you have a movie to return
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Hey 81....how are those excel spreadsheets coming along?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Hey 81....how are those excel spreadsheets coming along?
    Day off 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    81...unreasonable??? Pshaw!! :lol::lol::lol: :P
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Don't you have a movie to return

might have watched it tonight, but there was a football game on that was getting a lot of hype.
    hey cav,

any idea where i could find a good gm mechanic?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/lbg/2642352625.html

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    why does my vehicle squeal for like 5 seconds, really loud, when i start it? worse when it is cold and sometimes really loud when a/c is on.

Thx.

i know...a squeaky belt but why can't a mechanic find the problem and lube it or change it?

again, thx.

:P
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    why does my vehicle squeal for like 5 seconds, really loud, when i start it? worse when it is cold and sometimes really loud when a/c is on.

Thx.

i know...a squeaky belt but why can't a mechanic find the problem and lube it or change it?

again, thx.

hey cav,

what brand of belts do you like? i always buy gatorbacks. should i stick with them, or would you have a better brand that you could recommend.

Thanks in advance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    Lizard wrote:

Thx.

again, thx.

yes, you go right ahead and lube that squeaky belt. that should clear the problem right up.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

Thx.

again, thx.

hey cav,

what brand of belts do you like? i always buy gatorbacks. should i stick with them, or would you have a better brand that you could recommend.

Thanks in advance.
    I prefer suspenders :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    hey cav....

did you borrow my allen wrenchs? i need to adjust my amp, but can't find the wrenchs that came with it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    whats the best way to drive/push my car off of a cliff?
    81 wrote:
    hey cav....

did you borrow my allen wrenchs? i need to adjust my amp, but can't find the wrenchs that came with it.
    Jesus, I hate this industry.. Do you know that because of my need for quality tools and Snap-On's insane prices that i probubly have $500 in allen wrenches and sockets in my box.. No joke.. and you are more than welcome to borrow anything of mine if you need it..
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    whats the best way to drive/push my car off of a cliff?
    Have you ever seen "The Heavenly Kid"? do it like that..
    81 wrote:
    hey cav....

Jesus, I hate this industry.. Do you know that because of my need for quality tools and Snap-On's insane prices that i probubly have $500 in allen wrenches and sockets in my box.. No joke.. and you are more than welcome to borrow anything of mine if you need it..

do you have a pickel fork i could use?

thanks

:lol:

yeah i know about the tools.....way back in the day, i used to hang out with a mechanic....one day he had enough of the bullshit and became a nurse.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    hey cav....

do you have a pickel fork i could use?

thanks

:lol:

yeah i know about the tools.....way back in the day, i used to hang out with a mechanic....one day he had enough of the bullshit and became a nurse.
    Murse.. good call.. My friend works in a hospital and it is like a swinger scene in there.. Not so much at my work.. I mean, Bob and Nick are great guys but I don't think any of us want to take it to the next level.. and thank god..
    Murse.. good call.. My friend works in a hospital and it is like a swinger scene in there.. Not so much at my work.. I mean, Bob and Nick are great guys but I don't think any of us want to take it to the next level.. and thank god..

put on the hot pink booty shorts and you might be able to switch em. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

put on the hot pink booty shorts and you might be able to switch em. :lol:

:lol::lol: they have seen it.. I have been known to walk around in nothing but my leather welding apron.. It breaks the tension of the day, but I have not been invited to any BBQ's either.. :D
  • Damn. 81 does have a lot of car questions.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Damn. 81 does have a lot of car questions.
    Its brutal.. :lol: