Just because 81 is the man, I will answer car questions but.

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hey Cav,

any word when TM is going to replace my spiral cable? it's only been forever since they annouced the recall. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    DS1119 wrote:
    This woman changes all car light bulbs nationwide.

wiig_babyhands.jpg

I want your cannoli now...

s-JON-HAMM-SNL-large.jpg
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Caveeze wrote:
    I have been working on cars professionally since I was 16 years old. Licensed ...

Not about cars, but about you:

What kind of license do you have? what steps did you take to get it?
    What license do you recomend? Do you have a degree?

I'm just wondering because my brother is going to school to me a mechanic and works a crazy number of hours at a shop. First hand stories are always the best advice, hoping to help guide him a little. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    bumpers
    got the ol air bag fixed today.....we are safe for MT now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

What was wrong with your girlfriend?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 wrote:

so many wrong answers....let me have anouther beer first
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    fuck cars!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    94 lincoln town car (executive series) charcoal grey
    good for the starter to go out every 2-3 years. why?
    i have 207,000 miles on this beast
    i became her master @ 68,000miles
    she goes through oil like a champ

what gives?

also,
    you can run this car completely out of oil. she doesn't give a shit about oil
    lincolns are the toughest most finest automobiles on pavement

what's the story?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    04 PT Cruiser. 105 k on the odometer. recently after running the gas down to almost quitting the engine, I've begun experiencing some intermitent "bucking" at about 22-2300 RPM. Soemtimes the eng light will go off but then out of the blue it will come on again and I experience this "bucking" again.

what kind of module am I looking at replacing? Seem to remember my sis-in-law having the same issue with her PT? maybe?

Anyhoo, now that I dont have the car payment anymore I get to spend that money fixing it. Couple nagging issues I've put off. Like the AC, engine mount (at least one will get replaced) new belt.

Also need to get this replacement rear defroster stuff I was turned onto online. Mine has quite a few "cuts" in the element on the rear glass.

Thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    04 PT Cruiser. 105 k on the odometer. recently after running the gas down to almost quitting the engine, I've begun experiencing some intermitent "bucking" at about 22-2300 RPM. Soemtimes the eng light will go off but then out of the blue it will come on again and I experience this "bucking" again.

what kind of module am I looking at replacing? Seem to remember my sis-in-law having the same issue with her PT? maybe?

Anyhoo, now that I dont have the car payment anymore I get to spend that money fixing it. Couple nagging issues I've put off. Like the AC, engine mount (at least one will get replaced) new belt.

Also need to get this replacement rear defroster stuff I was turned onto online. Mine has quite a few "cuts" in the element on the rear glass.

Thanks.

I almost wonder if some sediment that might have been in the bottom of your tank clogged the fuel line or fuel filter. DO you drive the car a lot with a low tank?
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Thanks.

I almost wonder if some sediment that might have been in the bottom of your tank clogged the fuel line or fuel filter. DO you drive the car a lot with a low tank?
    no, not usually. was trying to get to a cheaper side of town!! back to driving 50 miles round trip for work. Down from driving 50 miles a WEEK when I drove OTR.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Thanks.

no, not usually. was trying to get to a cheaper side of town!! back to driving 50 miles round trip for work. Down from driving 50 miles a WEEK when I drove OTR.

Well lets wait for Cav the expert to answer. I hope it would be something as cheap as a fuel system flush or even just a fuel filter before you get into modules and all that shit.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Well lets wait for Cav the expert to answer. I hope it would be something as cheap as a fuel system flush or even just a fuel filter before you get into modules and all that shit.
    ye3ah, BUT it ONLY happens at 22-2300 RPM. IF it was your suggested problem, I wou;ld think it would run rough all the time. but its just at that rpm. Well, not sure about above that , but definately doesnt happen below it.

mickeyrat wrote:
    ye3ah, BUT it ONLY happens at 22-2300 RPM. IF it was your suggested problem, I wou;ld think it would run rough all the time. but its just at that rpm. Well, not sure about above that , but definately doesnt happen below it.

I'm sure cavleezestarmandetroit647fstarleeze or whatever name he goes by now will know. After all he is VGL. :lol:
    you said the engine light was on, have you pulled the code?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    No I haven't. I don't have that tool to do that. Believe I will getting one of those readers before too long. I plan on keeping this car a while.

Where is that guy? He must be on a " stare longingly at myself in the mirror break" After all he is VGL.

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    No I haven't. I don't have that tool to do that. Believe I will getting one of those readers before too long. I plan on keeping this car a while.

Where is that guy? He must be on a " stare longingly at myself in the mirror break" After all he is VGL.

check you local parts store...alot to them will do it for free.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    check you local parts store...alot to them will do it for free.

This
    Will we ever get an answer here? :corn:
    Sorry everyone.. i have been staring in the mirror ;)

I am gonna read a few pages back.. oh boy!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    I highly doubt it is a fuel problem.. Very rare you see a fuel filter or fuel system "clogged" or restricting flow to the engine..

What you are describing sounds like a misfire.. Go to autozone and have them pull the codes..It will put me down a better path.. My guess

P0300
    or
    P0301
    or
    P0302
    or
    P0303
    or
    P0304

or a combination of any..

let me know, and we will go from there..
    I wonder if mickeyrat has figured out his problem with the car yet? :corn:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I wonder if mickeyrat has figured out his problem with the car yet? :corn:
    yes. took it in to get the motor mount replaced. They found it to be a cam alignment(?) module? soemthing like that. like $250. it can wait.

Told me drivers side tie rod end was going bad. thats up next.

Need to find a back yard mechanic for the AC work. just replacing the lowside tube is $450.

battery is officially 7 years old.

you think i should swap it out?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

do you want it to start this winter?

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

do you want it to start this winter?

only on sat and sunday's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cav , duse. How in the fuck can my fat ass hands replace the high beam bulbs on a PT?
    Just watched a youtube video and the process seems simple enough but FUCKING Chrysler(still my overall brand) makes it extremely difficult to access?

Any suggestions on how I can do this myself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-djDjdelOU

the video pretty much describes it.. its a bitch, I know.. but the only way without major disassemble.. Good luck